Chapter 13

Duet

chapter13.jpg

 

 

“How on earth did you manage this?”

They were the first words that left Tiffany’s mouth as she entered the practice room that she had personally deemed theirs. There standing in front of her and bang centre of the room was SeungHyun that alone wouldn’t have been anything new although the thought alone of him made her smile.  What did surprise her was the fact that the normally empty practice room wasn’t so empty because in the centre was a small table, a picnic basket on top of it. With a smirking SeungHyun standing next to it, his hands casually placed inside his pockets, Tiffany couldn’t do anything but gape at him.

SeungHyun shrugged, “I have my way” He moved towards her before extending his hand out to her. Placing her own hand on top of his Tiffany followed the tall man as he led her towards the table before pulling out the chair for her; Tiffany took a seat jumping a little as she felt his breathe on her neck,

“You look beautiful” He whispered into her ear before moving around to sit across her.

“This is amazing” Tiffany breathed out as she watched him open the picnic basket and bring out various containers.  She took a peek before gasping at the contents, “Did- did you pack American food?” she asked as they opened the rest of the containers.

SeungHyun’s face became overcome with another one of the famous smirks before he shrugged again, “I heard you like American food better than Korean. I just wasn’t sure what you liked, it’s not exactly the most romantic of foods but I tried my best”

Tiffany looked down at the foods, there was everything she had craved for a year but it was almost impossible to find it in Korea, that and if Seohyun and the managers found her eating it she would probably get a long talk and then be locked in the gym.  “SeungHyun” she breathed out in awe, “This is amazing, thank you”

She looked up to meet his eyes and he smiled, “it was the least I could do. What with us having to hide us from the rest of the world and all”

Tiffany reached across placing a hand over his, although blushing while she did, “Hey we knew this was going to have to happen.  But seriously how did you get all of this done?”

“Well I’ll admit I had some help. Bom-noona helped me out with the food before she left for Japan”

Tiffany raised an eyebrow, “And the chairs and table? I doubt you managed to walk through the building carrying these without anyone asking questions?”

SeungHyun smiled sheepishly, a hand rising to scratch the back of his neck “Well about that. Actually my members helped me out”

He remembered their exact reactions when he had told them yesterday. It was probably the first time in years he had seen all of s as silent as they were, not that it lasted very long.

SeungHyun was sitting in the recording studio the rest of the members sat around him as they read through their parts in the song. Sighing he dropped the stack of papers on the table in front of him, s head popping to look at him quizzically.

“You ready to record Hyung?” Jiyong asked moving to turn his chair towards the large Mac behind him, but SeungHyun stopped him with a hand.

“There’s something I need to tell you all”

Seungri smirked, “You’re not dying are you Hyung, because you know Ji Hyung is good at rapping and all but we need that deep voice of yours”

SeungHyun raised an eyebrow cracking out a smirk of his own. Jiyong playfully gasped and turned to the maknae, “Yah! I rap juts as well as he does!”

“Did you just refer to me as ‘he’? Jiyong are you losing your manners? What would your mother say?”

“Hilarious Hyung” Jiyong deadpanned, “But do go on Hyung. We’re all very much intrigued as to what exactly this piece of news?”

“I'm dating”

There was a beat of silence as ’s faces froze; if SeungHyun wasn’t as stressed as he was he would have laughed at the comical facial expressions they were making.

“What?”

“How?”

“When?”

Seungri jumped up, “WHO?”

“Actually about that, it’s someone that I'm sure you’ll all love”

Youngbae raised an eyebrow, “Hyung its not who I think it is right?”

“I'm going out with Fany-ah”

There was that familiar beat of silence again and this time SeungHyun couldn’t hold in his laugh as s jaws literally dropped in front of him and the standing Seungri fell back in shock, narrowly missing the chair and falling to the floor.

Jiyong regained his voice first, “Fany-ah? As in Tiffany? As in Girls’ Generation’s Tiffany?”

SeungHyun smiled at the mention of her name, “The one and only”

Tiffany looked up in surprise, the slice of pizza she was holding held close to , “Your members? They know about us?”

SeungHyun nodded, “They do now. It’s not a problem is it; they were going to find out sooner or later.”

“No, no of course it’s fine.  I'm glad they know, it nice to have a least some people know, it kind of feels like we don’t really have to hide this”

SeungHyun smiled, “Well that’s one group down, just one left to go”

Tiffany nodded, “Yeah, I guess it’s time to tell them huh?”

“Fany it’s your choice but trust me, it’ll make it easier”

“I know, I know but I'm worried you know? Like what would they say, I'm not the first of us to date but Jessica and Taecyeon have known each other for years, we’ve known each other for months?”

“So? Your members know me; I'm an Oppa to every single one of them.” SeungHyun smirked, “Plus I'm sure they can’t think of anyone better for you than their trusted Oppa”

Tiffany smiled at him, “Really now? No one at all?”

SeungHyun smirked, leaning forward on the table, “Nope, I’ve been told I'm pretty perfect”

Tiffany mimicked his actions, smiling at their closeness she could feel his breathe, “Well you look pretty perfect from here”

He leaned in closer placing a chaste kiss on her pale pink lips and smiled against them, “I know right?”

Tiffany let out a laugh before smacking his shoulder playfully, “You’re so full of yourself”

“It’s one of my many qualities babe, you’ll see”

SeungHyun wrapped a hand around her neck, playing with the hair on the back of her neck before pulling her in for a kiss. Tiffany smiled against his kiss; it was more delicate than their first kiss, something undoubtedly more intimate. But it lasted too short an amount of time for Tiffany’s liking as they pulled apart startled by the loud bang of a door.