Chapter 3

Duet

chapter3z.jpg

 

 

Tiffany held in a grimace as SeungHyun placed a hand on her waist to lead her into her turn, although both had given into their groups neither one made any effort to show that they were trying. In fact both were constantly annoying each other, making little remarks here and there that were bound to drive each other crazy.

SeungHyun led her into the turn, watching as she tripped over her own feet and almost fell face first onto the wooden floor of the practice room, his arms coming out to wrap around her waist.

“Ya-Yah!” Tiffany squealed gaining her balance and scrambling far from his grasps, something SeungHyun found oddly amusing. “What are you doing?”

“Well I think I was keeping you from falling”

“It’s your fault I almost fell anyway, do you not know how to lead?!”

SeungHyun let out a snort in amusement, “Actually Princess I think you’ll find that it was your two left feet that made you fall”

Youngbae and Hyoyeon rolled their eyes at the pair, they had been trying to help their two older members for the good part of the last four hours but it seemed that the moment they had to touch each other all their hard work seemed to disappear. SeungHyun could do it perfectly with Hyoyeon, matching her movements perfectly in sync with each other. Tiffany seemed perfectly comfortable with Youngbae holding her by her waist, and turning her, and leading her through the dance, they moved just as well as the other two.

But when it came to putting all of the practice to the test with their real partners it seemed that neither SeungHyun nor Tiffany were comfortable with it. And it was becoming blatantly obvious, from the expressions on Tiffany’s face to the reluctant way SeungHyun touched her. The dance seemed like two lovers disgusted with each other rather than in love.

Hyoyeon let out a long sigh before moving forward, bringing Tiffany with her and placing the girl in the correct position for the turn, “Here Fany-ah, you won’t be able to complete the turn unless you trust SeungHyun Oppa to help you”

“And Hyung she won’t be able to turn unless you actually touch her, she needs a firm support for this turn, or you’ll both end up on the floor” Youngbae spoke up.

It seemed they had been on the receiving end of various criticisms lately and neither one enjoyed the feeling of being told off by their younger members.  With a long sigh from both of the idols, they moved again to the starting position SeungHyun’s hand at the slender curve of Tiffany’s waist, her arms stretched out over them. She rose onto the ball of her feet as she prepared to turn, SeungHyun’s hand tightened slightly as she did so, leading her into a full turn before she fell backwards into his arms, her hands around his neck, completing the turn that Hyoyeon and Youngbae had shown them many times before.

There was a moment of silence before Hyoyeon let out a cheer and they both began clapping, “That was great, a little wobbly at the beginning but I'm sure you two will get it after a little more practice”

Youngbae nodded, “Really that was good, and you actually looked like you didn’t completely hate each other”

If the other two idols heard what they had said they didn’t show it. Still locked in the ending position SeungHyun’s arms were still wrapped tightly around her small waist, and Tiffany’s hands were still holding onto his neck. Both of their breathes were coming out in laboured pants, their hearts beating wilding in chest at the close proximity between the two.

“Erm guys?” Hyoyeon said her voice a tad higher as she tried to get their attention. And it seemed to work as the two idols heads snapped up at the sound of her voice and in their scramble to release each other SeungHyun ended up releasing Tiffany’s waist before she had found her balance and she had yet to release his neck. And with a loud and echoing thump both of them ended up on the floor, for a moment SeungHyun held himself up by his forearms, his face directly in line with Tiffany’s before they both scrambled once again to stand up. Their faces a deep shade of red as they faced the other two baffled people in the room.

Hyoyeon and Youngbae weren’t very sure watched but from the look on the faces of the two people in front of them, it was something that they wouldn’t forget anytime soon.

Youngbae cleared his throat as he watched SeungHyun grab his duffle bag as Tiffany moved to the other side of the room grabbing her bag at the same time.

“That-That was great thanks for the help Hyo. I’ll see you at the dorms”

“See you Youngbae, I’ll-I’ll see you at recording”

And with that both of the idols left the room, clambering through the door leaving behind two very amused but confused members behind.

“Did you just witness what I did?” Asked Hyoyeon still looking at the door from which both had left.

Youngbae to her left nodded, just as confused as her, “I’m not sure what that was exactly”

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Tiffany huffed again as she stared up at her ceiling. It was one of the very few times she was thankful that the members had given her a room to herself. Although it was a nice thought, giving her a home away from home, somewhere she could go to have some private time there times when she missed the company. Especially at night, the nights when she would hear giggling coming from Sunny and Taeyeon’s room or when she would hear Seohyun playing her guitar while she and Hyoyeon sang along, those nights she often felt lonely.

She knew she was being stupid but not sharing a room with another was something she had to get used to since she had always shared a room with one of the girls ever since she moved to Korea.  But this time she was thankful she didn’t have to share a room with any of the other girls. Tiffany wasn’t exactly sure what had happened in the practice room, one minute she had been doing her turn the next she was barely inches away from SeungHyun’s face and she had suddenly forgotten how to breathe.

In fact his face had been haunting her since the morning. Not matter how much she tried she simply couldn’t seem to get his face out of her head, the way his jaw line curved or the way his gaze seemed to pierce straight into her. His eyes had held a depth in them that she had never seen before. 

There was a slight knock on the door and Tiffany’s head popped up, “Come in” She called out, the door creaked open and she watched as Hyoyeon popped her head in and smiled.

“Fany-ah, can we talk?”

Tiffany raised an eyebrow but smiled nonetheless, “Sure Hyoyeon-ah” She moved sitting up in her bed to make room for the younger girl. Hyoyeon returned the smile as she sat down crossing her legs as she looked at the girl across her.

“What’s up? It’s a little late, aren’t you tired?” Tiffany asked.

Hyoyeon smiled and shook her head, “Nah, Sooyoung and I were going over a few dances but she went to take a shower so I thought I’d come talk to you”

“Hm, about what exactly Hyo?”

Hyoyeon smiled mischievously, “Well Unnie, about this morning” Tiffany raised an eyebrow not fully understanding, “About you and SeungHyun Oppa”

“What- what about us?” Tiffany stuttered, her nervousness skyrocketing. Had she been too obvious in her daydreams, she had been a little out of it all day and Hyoyeon had witnessed the embarrassing incident in the morning.

Hyoyeon held in her giggles at her Unnie’s face, it was a strange but amusing mixture of confusion and another emotion she couldn’t quite place. “Unnie calm down, I was just wondering if you’re okay. You seemed a little... nervous this morning”

Tiffany nodded slightly, “Oh, no don’t worry too much about me Hyo. I'm fine. We’re fine. It’s all fine” She rushed through her words as she tried to seem perfectly fine.

“Unnie you know you can tell me anything right? You can tell us all anything, n secrets right?” Hyoyeon asked and Tiffany nodded.

“I know Hyo, don’t worry about me”

Nodding Hyoyeon moved from the bed making her way to the door, “Well I'm going to take a shower. Goodnight Unnie”

Tiffany smiled and sent her off with a little wave, “Night Hyo”