Chapter 9

Duet

chapter9.jpg

 

 

It seemed the studio was packed to brink as Tiffany many err her way through the corridors to her waiting room. There were people running back and forth, various objects in their grasp and Tiffany had to dodge a couple of people on her way having to move fast in order to not be hit in the face by lighting equipment or spiked heels. And her constant ducking and diving seemed to be so very amusing to Seohyun who was walking behind her. 

"You okay Unnie?" Seohyun held in a giggle as the older woman moved to the side yet again to stop from being knocked backwards. 

"Just peachy Maknae" Tiffany replied rolling her eyes, "Yah why aren't you almost being knocked out by the staff?" 

Seohyun giggled, "Maybe I'm tall enough so they can actually see me coming" the younger girl joked. 

Tiffany gasped playfully, "Yah Maknae I'm still older than you!"

"Sorry Unnie" Seohyun winked at her and followed Tiffany as she pushed open the door to their waiting room. If Tiffany thought that out in the hallway was busy it was nothing compared to the busyness inside their waiting room. Most of the girls were sat on chairs in front of the large mirror having their makeup applied. While Sooyoung and Yuri the two who had already finished with theirs were on their iPads, probably writing out essays for their university courses they were currently doing. 

One of the stylists looked up at the two girls and smiled, "Thank god! Where have you two been?"

Before either one could answer they were already being dragged through the room and being plopped down onto the chairs while various brushes swiped across their faces. 

Hyoyeon groaned beside Tiffany and the girls turned to loom at her, "Something wrong Hyo?"

The blonde sighed, "No no just nervous"

"When you're about to go out and dance?" Tiffany raised an eyebrow, "Huh that's a first. You sure you're feeling okay?" 

The blonde nodded but Tiffany could clearly see that something was bothering her. Hyoyeon had always been the most athletic of the girls. She woke up every morning to jog before getting in and hour or so of dancing. Which is why Tiffany frowned when she noticed little droplets of sweat on her forehead. 

"Hyoyeon-ah you're sweating"

The blonde moved her hand to wipe the little droplets off her hairline, "No I'm not" 

Tiffany smiled, "Uh yes you are what's wrong?"

Sunny giggled from behind them, playing around with the small blue flower pinned onto her blonde hair, "Oh Hyo is more than fine Fany" 

Tiffany glanced at the girl before looking back at Hyoyeon whose cheeks seemed to have taken on a red tint, "Am I missing something here?"

Sunny leaned forward and grinned mischievously, "Our Hyoyeon is all grown up" 

"What? I'm still very confused" 

Sunny rolled her eyes, "Oh my god Fany-ah. Our Hyoyeon has a crush!"

Hyoyeon's cheeks took on a deeper tint of red, "No I don't!"

Sunny giggled, "Please! I see the way you smile when you come back from practice with Youngbae Oppa" 

"Yah!" Tiffany couldn't help but laugh as Hyoyeon closing resembled a tomato and her laughter was soon joined by the rest of the girls and their squeals. 

"Aw that’s adorable!"

"Don't blame her he's hot"

"Aw falling in love by dancing together how romantic"

Hyoyeon buried her head in her hands as she stylists joined in and laughter echoed through the waiting room. 

There was a knock on the door before it was pushed open and a man popped his head in, "Excuse me but the stage is ready to start filming the introductions could we get Tiffany-ssi, Taeyeon-ssi and Jessica-ssi first please?"

Nodding the three girls stood up before following the man out of the room. The corridors, Tiffany noticed, were almost empty expect for a few people scattered around. But it was nothing like the hustle and bustle of the previous time she had been out there. 

The staff member turned back to them as they reached the set up stage, "Alright Taeyeon and Jessica-Ssi if you'll both go up in the stage you're up first with Daesung-ssi. Tiffany-ssi you wait over there with SeungHyun-ssi for your turn" Tiffany turned to where the staff was pointing to find SeungHyun casually sitting on one of the red chairs normally used by the audience members who came to watch the recording of the performances. 

Tiffany nodded as she manuvered her way towards him reaching him she say on one of the chairs next to him, smoothing down her skirt. 

"You look nice" He whispered to her still concentrating on the three people up on the stage. Tiffany smiled to herself,

"Just nice? I'll tell you that Stylist Unnie worked very hard on me"

"Oh I can see that"

"And yet you still think I only look nice"

"I can come up with some better words if you'd like?"

"That would be very much appreciated Tabi"

"Well you look stunning"

Tiffany smiled, "That's a little better"

"How about dashing?"

Tiffany wrinkled her nose, "Dashing? You make me sound like a reindeer"

SeungHyun smiled, "Well you look beautiful" 

Tiffany's cheeks flushed slightly,

"You don't look so bad yourself"

"I'll take that as a compliment" SeungHyun smirked before tuning to glance quickly at the girl his hand playing with a lock of her newly dyed hair. "Hm, red hair suits you."

"Yes well I think Bom Unnie has been influencing me" Tiffany joked running a hand through her hair. 

"Looks good, and that's a nice top"

Tiffany smirked playing with a lock of her hair before glancing down at the silky blouse. “I know, this really nice guy gave it to me"

SeungHyun raised an eyebrow, "Oh? He sounds like a great guy, good taste too"

Tiffany nodded, "Oh he is, he's sweet and has this piercing gaze that melts you on the spot"

"Well he sounds handsome"

Tiffany shrugged, " I guess" she teased. 

"SeungHyun-ssi Tiffany-ssi we're ready for you now" 

Both looked up at the voice and with one last glance at each other they stood and moved towards the stage.