Chapter 1

Duet

chapter1.jpg

 

 

“And five, six, seven, eight. Fany-ah come on. We’ve been through this already. Right foot, left foot, hold it then turn”

“Hyo you say it as if it is the easiest thing in the world.”

Taeyeon gave Tiffany an exasperated look, “That’s because everyone has already gotten it and your still struggling to get the beginning”

Tiffany opened to make a snide remark back to their leader but the petite blonde beat her to it, “Fany-ah I'm not saying this to be harsh, but the special stage is only a couple of weeks away, how do you expect to perform if we spend all our time trying to master the beginning?”

It wasn’t often that Taeyeon used her leader voice with her, after having spent over five years with the girl, Tiffany was well aware of the difference in the older girls voice and she was also aware that when the stern very mother like tone came out there was no arguing with her. But to say it didn’t hurt that Taeyeon was bringing it to her attention in front of all the people in the room would be a lie.

“What, ran out of smiles Princess?”

“I only smile at people I like, Bingu”

“Well you won’t have a lot of people to left to like if you keep moving your feet like that”

“Yeah like you can do better, if I'm correct you’re messing up just as much as I am”

“I’m a rapper not a dancer, everyone knows that. And I bring my own set of distinct charms to my dance moves”

“Yes and I'm a singer. I wasn’t built to dance, at least I don’t look like I'm about to fall over and break my nose when I dance”

“No, we wouldn’t want you breaking that pretty little face of yours now would we?”

“Yah! Would you both cut it out! We get that you two may not like each other but that doesn’t mean that we have to put up with it!” Jessica screamed from across the room. She had been nearing the end of her patience with the two and had finally erupted, choosing to no longer listen to the two bickering, “Seriously you two sound like children!” Jessica’s breathing was laboured, her face red from the dance routine they had been practicing non-stop for the past three hours.

The rest of Big Bang and Girls’ Generation stood to the side, still in their ending positions as they watched the members verbally attack each other. However unlike Jessica most had already become accustomed to the constant childlike arguments that erupted from nowhere.

“Alright guys, how about we take a breather?” Suggested Jiyong as the large group began to move, some grabbing water bottles from the side of the practice room others grabbing towels to rub the sweat from their faces. Tiffany sent one last glare at SeungHyun who returned it with his own before both moved, almost in sync from their ending position together and stormed each to the side of the room.

 

Jessica rolled her eyes as she took a sip of her chilled sparkling water and sent Tiffany a glare, “Seriously Tiff, your both terrible both at dancing and at smack talk.” The blonde moved to pinch the side of Tiffany’s waist earning a loud squeal from her. “I would think coming from the US you would have some better come backs”

“Yah! Not everyone has time to talk to her American friends for hours on end. Some of us actually have to practice you know” Tiffany retorted, her tongue popping out of momentarily to point at her fellow American.

“Still Fany-ah, you need some serious lessons on smack talk. Come talk to Sica Unnie, she’ll help you” Jessica drawled out lazily, teasing the slightly younger girl. Tiffany poked her again before the blonde had enough and moved away from the blonde and closer to the other girls.

Tiffany and SeungHyun had been at each other’s throats from the moment their respective presidents had told them that they would be doing a special stage for Christmas. A Big Bang/ Girls’ Generation stage that would come as a surprise to all their fans. Most had been ecstatic, having been friends even before their debuts and with Jiyong having been a trainee for SM before going onto YG the groups had been waiting for the day when they would be able to have a collaboration between them. However not all of the idols were thrilled with the idea. Tiffany was happy about working with a great group like Big Bang and SeungHyun had been thrilled to work with K-Pop’s most popular girl group. They were not however happy about working with each other.

No one knew why exactly all the others knew was that both SeungHyun and Tiffany seemed to be out to kill each other from the moment the laid eyes on each other the first time the two groups walked into the large YG practice room.

Jiyong and Taeyeon exchanged a look before turning to their members, “Alright guys listen up,” Taeyeon began her voice taking on a leader-like tone, “We should all go over the separate performances, now we have the two group performances that’ll be the opening and closing performances. After that we’ll have Jessica, myself and Daesung sing a song, we’re thinking a slow ballad, something to set the mood.” There was a nod from Jessica and a smile from Daesung before she continued, turning to look at the two maknaes, “Then we’ll have Seungri with Seohyun and Sunny, something a little faster, more upbeat.” Seohyun smiled as Seungri turned to her giving her one of his own cheeky grins, “After those three we’ll have Yoona and Hyoyeon with Youngbae, a fast dance centred song, then that performance will be followed by Jiyong with Sooyoung and Yuri and Jiyong was thinking maybe a song with a rap, maybe show a little more of Yuri’s rapping it was something that was quite well received by the fans since ‘The Boys’.” 

“Um, Tae?” Tiffany interrupted a frown prominent on her face, “What am I doing?”

SeungHyun looked up to, turning a confused face to look at his own leader, “Ji, shouldn’t I be doing the rapping song with Yuri and Sooyoung?”

Jiyong and Taeyeon ce again to look at each other before turning to the two confused members; “Actually,” Jiyong began his voice hesitant. Nothing good would come from his next sentence, “Hyung you’ll be doing a duet with Tiffany”

There was a beat of silence in the room as their members stood looking shocked at the two who had gone completely pale, their jaws almost hitting the floor. And if Jessica wasn’t as shocked as she was she would have laughed out loud at the very fish like expressions on both faces.

“What?!”