Revelations

HIDDEN: I ♥ __________

 

Taemin’s POV

After Soojung finally got herself together, I didn’t let go of the hug, not because of selfishly getting close to her like this, but because I felt like she needed this. I looked at her, who was still composing herself from the way she acted; I can tell that she’s thinking of words to explain of a sudden break down.

“Soojung…”

“Taemin-“ The both of us said at the same time. We both looked at each other for a moment and suddenly break it off with a laugh. I stopped laughing while she too continued to laugh.

‘At last, Soojung’s coming back to her senses.’

I didn’t know that I was staring at her until she stopped laughing and gave me a weird look.

“What?”

“You laughed.” I smiled at her, showing the relief in my breathing.

“Okay? So what’s the problem with that?”

“Since you got here, you haven’t laugh or had shown any emotion, but being cold.”

“What’re you talking about? I show emotions, well angry and frustrated emotions, but it’s still counts as emotions,” she said sarcastically.

“Well, it’s better if it’s the old Soojung, than the new one I always see during practice.”

“Too bad, but that kind of Soojung is now dead and she doesn’t plan on coming back. It’s Krystal’s turn to shine, and she plans to take out the whole society with just herself.” She pushed herself up, leaving me stumbling down to the ground. I looked up at her, but then figured out that we weren’t here to chit chat. I hurriedly stood up before she leaves with her hand bleeding on the floor and took it gently not to hurt her.

“What are-“

I made her sit on the chair, while I hurriedly get the first aid kit. I thought that once I leave her side she might run away, but no she just sat there looking bored and confused at the same time. I came to her side and I can feel her eyes on me, but more than what I feel right now I wouldn’t care because she’s hurt and I’m more worried about her.

“Why are you doing this to me?”

“What?” I looked up, our eyes meeting.

“Don’t act like you know nothing,” she said rolling her eyes looking away from me.

“I’m doing this because I care,” I said firmly.

“If you care then don’t talk to me that’ll only make me-“

“Make you what?” I eyed her, but still she was looking away from me. “Make Soojung come out? Don’t worry because I never treated you as Krystal from the day you came back, but the Soojung I once loved.” I was burning inside that I suddenly blurted out my feelings towards her.

“But do you still love her?” She looked at me anticipating for what I’m going to say to her.

“Who?”

“Sulli,” she meekly said, while looking down at our hands that were wrapped at each other.

“Then may I ask you the same thing, do you Jung Soojung still have those feelings with Kim Jongin?” I pushed her chin gently up for her eyes to meet mine.

“I asked you first,” she didn’t dare look at me.

“Do you want me to?” I said, hoping in my head that she would say no.

“I’m not you, so why would you ask me that?” She scoffed. She pulled her hand away and stomped out.

“What if I still love her?” I lied as she faced me, although Soojung knows that whenever I lie I can’t look at the person straight in the eye, but I willingly managed it to see how her reactions might be.

‘Soojung, please stop this before I say words of regret.’

“Then don’t let Kim Jongjerk get her, or else you’ll regret it for not saying it to her.”

“What if she doesn’t feel the same way?”

“At least you tried, it’s not that bad to try and maybe you’ll never know that she might feel the same way to you.” She then turned away and began walking from me. My heart let out a sudden ‘pang’, a ‘pang’ that’s not because of the feeling that  might stand a chance, but a ‘pang’ that Soojung just encouraged me to confess to Sulli and it hurts deeply in my heart.

‘Soojung, why do you make my heart pierce from the words you’ve said deeply making a hole in it. Can’t you see I love you?’

I formed a fist in my hand, making it shake with anger, as I lowered my head preventing to let emotions go, because I know it’s still not worth it to let out dark emotions when I know that I still have the time. Then I got the feeling that Soojung and I weren’t alone from the time we got here.

“Can you come out now?” I looked up and found Chanyeol, smirking. He was there behind the door from the start, as I was taking care of Soojung’s injuries.

“Bravo,” Chanyeol clapped with amusement. “I’m kind of proud of you, but it’s not really enough to get Krystal’s heart that fast. No matter what words that you say to her without any actions, is like a wasted horror story that you might have just made up.”

“What do you mean?” I asked him curiously.

“To see is to believe, my friend. Or so that may how the story might continue.” With that Chanyeol left. It didn’t help at all, because it was another riddle that he pointed out again, which made me all confuse.

‘What’s happening? It’s just like a game for both of them?’’

 

“Yo! Taemin hyung, are you still there?” I snapped out of my own world, facing Kai in front waving his hand at me.

“Sorry, I just…” I combed my hair with my hand.

“It’s okay, did you talk to Krystal?” I nodded, then left it there not saying any words. “Well, what happened?”

“She kind of like lashed out on me, and I can’t still figure her out.”

‘Well half of them were true, but I can’t tell Kai the whole ‘I-love-Sulli-then-lie-to-Soojung thing. It feels wrong to like someone’s girlfriend, but then again Kai has been flirting with Soojung from the start. But it’s already in the past so I can’t really bring the past back again.’

“Well, how about Sulli? Is she okay now?” I said changing the subject.

“Yeah, she’s okay,” he said lowering his head. “I’m planning of breaking up with her.”

“What?” I whipped my head to Kai, and then my insides were getting all fuzzy inside.

“It’s just that-“

“How can you break up with her?” I grabbed Kai’s collar, but still he won’t look at me in the eyes. “She loves you so much, cares for you, she even come here to stay by your side. You’re such a fool!”

“What? Do you think I don’t care about her anymore?” He said glaring at me.

“Then what are you doing? Why are you breaking up with her?”

“Are you blind or something?” I, then let go of him. “She loves you! It’s because she loves you that’s why she came here!”

“What do you mean?” I was shocked with Kai’s words still processing in my head. ‘Sulli, loves me? After all this time she likes me, but how can she, when she’s with Kai all the time in the past few weeks or so, sticking to him like glue.’

“It’s over for the both of us, so you can have her.”

“Kai, I-“

“Save it, I know you like my girlfriend even before Sulli and I met, but you weren’t doing anything so I oughta make a move. She said to me she already loved someone, and that is you, but I didn’t stop because how can I stop when no one is even stopping me.”

“You can’t break up with her,” I automatically said to him.

“Why?”

“It’s because I know you still love her and I would be the bad person if I break the two of you up.”

“It’s not just you who can break us up,” he turned, and began walking away from me.

“What do you mean by 'it’s not just you who can break us up'? Who else can it be?” He abruptly stopped, but didn’t look back at me.

“Krystal Jung.”