This Is So New

HIDDEN: I ♥ __________

Taemin's POV

'Whoa! They mean it? Like I'm going to move out of our dorm for how many months, and then live with Krystal and Kai? I was hoping Sulli will be here since it's SM maknaes' sub-unit group and I think she'll fit right in the concept.' I sighed. I looked both at Kai and Krystal and they both gave me an awkward smile. I, then dropped my face in my tangled fingers, squirming that the fact this meeting is boring and completely out of my interest without Sulli. 'Gosh! I feel like I'm obssessed with her. Stop it Taemin.' My subconcious mind was yelling me to stop obssessing but my heart tells me to be myself, so here goes nothing.
"Excuse me?" I raised one shy-fisted hand in the air, then everyone stopped what they're doing and looked at me. "But, maknaes meaning Sehun and Sulli should be here, and of course they're also good at being charismatic, y, and can do strong dance moves." I blushed. I looked at my front and Krystal was smiling at me. I gave her 'Let-me-handle-this' look and looked at Lee Soo Man sonsaengnim which is giving me now a shocking face, and I can't help but stiff a laugh so that'll not make it impolite.
"Sulli would not be appropriate for the concept, so as Sehun. They both already contained the innocent looks and cute looks, so why don't you give yourself a chance. The sponsors made a very clear contract that it is the three of you that's going to be part of the team's new project. I hope that you will not back out from this one or I may force to replace you, let's say Shinee's Minho would do the trick." I suddenly looked at Krystal who seems uncomfortable with the idea, with that thought I smirked because she said she was already over him, which apparently a total lie.

'Gotcha, Krystal's a lier. Hehehe!'
"I'm sorry, sonsaengnim," I stood up and bow, but took a seat again. "I'll agree to the project."
"Excellent," he said raising both his hands signaling that we could stand up now. "I'll be looking forward to the new group and the team that's going to work with you. I'll announce the next meetings when I can, but for now I'll have to speak with your managers, you three can go now." The three of us bowed down, but as I did that I looked at Krystal who was surely hurt because of what I said.

As we go outside, the three of us walked through the halls silently, walking without knowing where our feet will take us. Krystal was on the phone so as Kai and I was on the phone too, then I realized that I got Krystal's number on my handphone, so I decided to text her.

To: Krystal Jung

Sorry, I didn't mean it.

From: Taemin

A beep from my phone came.

To: Taemin

It's okay. I realized that you were just including Sulli on the team but please think before you ever do that again. I mean, you seriously embarrassed yourself infront of the sponsors, the managers and Lee Soo Man songsaengnim. Thank you for not having any second thoughts.

From: Krystal

I blushed from her reply, making a tingling feeling on my spine which that never happens before. It made me giggle and smile at my phone, but Kai suddenly looked at my phone.
"Yah! You two are talking to each other secretly on the phone which is making me uncomfortable." He said as he casp both hands at the back of his head.
"Sorry, Taemin texted me first and it's obvious he wanted it to be a secret because he texted me when you're here rather than talk about it now." Krystal gave  me an encouraging smile and I did the same.
"Whatever," He walked faster and turned to the both of us, surprising us. "If you two don't want me here you can tell me. I won't bite you know."
'Here comes the angry Kai again.'
"Sorry Kai, it's just that she knows what the matters are and you'll just me out-of-place when we talk about something that you can't relate to." I looked at him with a serious face.
"Okay," He turned around still hands on his head, and walked faster, but it's more like a stomp to me as the floor was making a loud 'thud' and giving a heavy feeling.
"JongIn, wait up." Krystal run towards him catching up, while walking in a painfully fast pace. I sighed in frustration because I was left alone and Krystal was running after him which I think makes me want to walk away but I can't let emotions get to me so I decided to follow them. At a seemingly far distance where I can see them Kai's expression suddenly changed when Krystal was bothering her and she was smiling like I've never seen before. 

'Whoa, did I just got hit by reality or is Krystal always like that?'
I've seen Krystal like that, but it was a long time now she's just dead-on, maybe because of Kai. This is the first time I've both of them together at this close especially both of them were linking their arms together. My insides were like twisting like a knot and I got a guilty-jealous feelings I'm developing in me. I didn't realize that I was already spacing out when Krystal waved her hands on my face, I looked up at her. I was already at their side and still the two of them were linking arms in front of me like it doesn't bother them, it feels like I'm the one who's out-of-place now or interrupting the two of them.
"Taemin, are you okay?" Krystal put my fringe aside and touched my forehead with her hands causing me to blush. Kai didn't mind the two of us and just kept walking with his head up. I just nodded to her and still looked at Kai. 'What's happening to me? The effect that this two give me is really weird.'
"He's okay," Kai stopped and looked at me extending his hands to me. "I'm sorry."
I smiled at him and took his hand which made Krystal smile more. The three of us laughed dumbfoundedly.

 

Soon after the whole incident Kai and I both rode in the same car, awkwardly I looked outside but was actually looking at him by the reflection in the window.
"You want to talk, Taemin?", He looked at me and smiled.
"Yeah," I looked at him, carefully I was thinking what to say so I wouldn't piss him off because I know that he's the kind of guy that's kind and sweet but his temper gets under my skin sometimes. "First of all, the way you looked at Krystal odd to me. Are you falling?"
"What are you talking about?" He scoffed. "You know I don't fall I break hearts, Taemin. I was expecting some stranger to ask me that rather than my close friend."
"Yeah, but sometimes I feel like I don't know you at all which is getting into me." I murmured but loud enough to hear me. "So..." I said loudly.
"So," Kai raised one eyebrow. "What?"
"So if some guy-random guy- walked to Krystal's life and ask her to be his, would you mind?"
"What's this about?" He sounded serious now.
"Answer my question first?" I said laughing. 'Man, this is great. Finally, I'm finding out Kai's weakness, which I don't get why I'm really excited.'
"Krystal doesn't belong to me." He said sounding cool, but deep down inside his pissed.
"If the guy was me, you wouldn't mind at all?" I raised my eyebrows.
"Don't you like Sulli? What if she finds out, and I know she's going to be thrilled. Surely she'll say that it's weird when you broke up with Krystal to ask Sulli on a date. Don't even use Krystal to your scheme on getting more close to Sulli, it isn't fair for her, she's not a toy that you can just use and throw away." He sounded angry, but didn't look me in the eye instead he looked outside the mirror.
"Everything okay in there?" His manager said in front. I gave him a thumbs up than speaking which he gave it a 'yes', afterall.
"Good point, of course I like Sulli more than anything." I slouched in the seat. "I'm just saying what if. You know, if you don't tell someone you like her sooner someone's going to sweep her feet before you do."
"Taemin, I don't want to date Krystal. She just thinks of me as a friend and nothing more, worst part was she told me this face to face while I was comforting her saying she's thankful to now have a friend like me."
"I'm just saying." I muttered.
"Well don't. She's already heart broken and I don't feel like giving her another one too." I felt that Kai didn't want to say the last part, but I just smiled the way he said it, it was actually full of concern and care. 'Aha! Kai, really? You may think I'm this person that's innocent and clueless but think again. Why can't you be more open with anyone? I don't want to use Krystal, she's Sulli's friend and I like Sulli a lot."