It Hurts so Much

HIDDEN: I ♥ __________

Kai's POV

"So, Krystal," I looked at her while we were walking. It was just the two of us and it seems awkward this time. "Where do you want to eat?"
"I don't feel like eating anything." She pouted looking straight ahead, rubbing his arms for heat. I immediately shrugged off my jacket and put it to her shoulders. She looked up and smiled at me. "If this is a way of flirting me to eat, sorry but it's not working at all." She giggled. Her giggle sounds heavenly-like, like angels with it pureness.
"Then, what can I do to make you eat?" She shrugged and I scowled. "Is this still about Taemin? 'Cause I swear both of you guys are match-made in heaven, fightinf like husband and wife. 'Pabo Kai, why did you say that?' I hit the side of my head. Then, I heard her laugh at me which made me feel like laughing with her but I played coolly by ignoring it.
"Whatever!" She walked faster and me catching from behind. "Why do you always bring Taemin in our conversation? Are you trying to set me up with him?" She smiled with amusement. 'I would love to, but she'll be angry with me for intruding your love life.'
"Maybe?" I shrugged, her smile turned upside down. "What?" I titled my head at her.
"Don't" She snapped. "I told you to not interfere with anything." She walked ahead of me and I was right behind her.
"I know, but seeing you in this state of loneliness-"
"What makes you think that I'm lonely?" She turned to me both of us were just inches apart.
"I can see it in you eyes." I said softly. She scowled and walked again. The walk was long and quiet, it made me uncomfortable, whenever I glance at her all I could see is the cold stare that creeped up my spine. When we entered a food store in the sidewalk, I grabbed her arm and pushed her to sit in front of me, but again all I received was a cold stare from her. I cleared my throat and it felt like she came back to reality.
"Sorry," she muttered.
"It's okay, I waved my hand to the old lady, who was patiently waiting for us to order, then we decided to order one plate of dukbokki and kimbap. I looked at Krystal, who was looking at the food. "You're not used to street foods?"
"I eat them with all my friends everytime," she's still not touching her food. "And I told you I'm not hungry."
I do mind her not eating, then I digged a dukbokki with my hand and the other in Krystal's jaw, surprising her by opening .
"Ah~" I pretending that it's an airplane, and feed her. Her face was blushing which made me smirk, then she glared at me. 'Even though her mood changes fast, it's kind of cute.' I, then again scooped up to feed her but before I can, she stopped me, pushing the food gently away from her. I was being careful to not let it drop, but it did, then I frowned looking at it.
"I'm not a kid anymore that needs pampering. I can perfectly do it myself, that's why I have two hands, remember?" She picked up her chopsticks and a dukbokki but before it can enter it suddenly dropped. She looked at me, feeling embarrassed, while I was laughing.

After we finished eating my phone vibrates, as I looked at the caller ID and felt butterflies in my stomach. I looked at Krystal and excused myself, she just nodded with a weak smile as I scurried outside.
"Hey honey," I smiled.
"Hey yourself. How's it going?" A female voice was on the other line.
"We're fine."
"I can tell that," she hinted a small jealousy tone.
"It's not what you think."
"I know, and I turst you." I can feel her smiling.
"Have you seen Taemin yet?"
"Yeah, he's still the same as always, making things obvious. How's Krystal?" I looked inside and saw Krystal looking at me with a smile on her face, she waved and so did I.
"She's fine."
"Whew! I'm beginning to worry."
"Don't be, she's safe with me. I promised to keep her safe didn't I?"
"Yeah, you did and I just want to hug you for taking your time on keeping her safe, while both of us aren't seeing each other. I really don't know what will I do if something happens to her, she's precious."
"Please, don't stress yourself. I'm keeping her company until she's in a right state to even be alone, and I don't like seeing you tired it'll just break my heart."
"Gosh! I miss the overprotective and annoying Kai by my side."
"Well, I also miss cuddling with you and your angel-like smile."
"Yah! You have so many pictures of me in your phone. I saw a couple of them that's randomly taken behind my back, it's a good thing that I didn't erase any of those or I'm going to suffer by your cold aura."
"Honey, let's not argue. We're already separated and you want to make things a little bit hard for me."
"I want our relationship to be private, Kai. What if your manager sees that, what'll he react?"
"You don't have to worry, but I want us to be a natural couple without hiding anything at all."
"I want that too."
"I better go before Krystal starts to think of something out of the ordinary."
"Hahaha! So, you already know what Krystal's like?"
"Yeah and she seems unpredictable."
"You got that right. Okay, I'm letting you go. For now. Bye."
"Bye"
I went back to see Krystalplaying with the leftover.
"Hey, come on let's go." I reached for her hand, but she didn't take it and went ahead of me with an unreadable expression. We were walking with silence, as I was beginning to worry that she doesn't have my jacket on because she'll freeze.
"Who were you talking to?" She broke the silence with an unexpected question. 'Well, that was completely expected at all.'
"A friend"
"Not from the way I saw it." She looked at me taking me to a halt.
"You were eavesdropping?" I growled.
"No, it's just that your face softened up completely letting your guard down when you were talking on the phone. Which was totally unlike you."
"It's just a friend, that's precious to me." We walked again, side by side at the same pace.
"Like a girlfriend?"
"Yeah, like a-" I stopped and looked at her, I was lost there for a bit. 'SHOOT!'
"I said a friend." I snapped at her angrily.
"Whatever, Kai. You call me, your "FRIEND", but you don't open up to me, some king of friend I am." She fastened her pace. I grabbed her wrist, making her face me, before I could say anything, I searched through her eyes. 'What are you making me feel, Krystal?'
"You're angry at me? When I didn't even do anything?" I looked at her intensely, then she scowled. I sighed and closed my eyes, then opened them again. I was still looking at her but my eyes softened. "I'll tell you when the right time comes but for now please, leave it be."
"Okay" She said but not still not convinced. I hugged her tightly with a sigh, as I nuzzled my face in her neck. 'I don't want to fall for you, Krystal. It's hard to lie but I know that my feelings for both of you are kind of equal.'