I Know You're Still In There

HIDDEN: I ♥ __________

 

Taemin’s POV

 

‘I couldn’t believe my eyes when Soojung appeared in front of me. I felt like taking her in my arms, but from the moment I was about to take a step forward to her something stopped me. My body froze, while I felt my heart was thumping so loud and fast. Then it hit me, it wasn’t the Soojung I knew, it was Krystal.

“Hey, it’s nice to see you again, Taemin sunbaenim.” I looked up and saw a tall figure, with bushy-curled rich hazel hair, and smiling like his mouth can stretch a little bit further to his ear.

“Chanyeol-ssi, what did I tell you about being formal?” I sighed.

“Can’t help it, our manager’s watching us, and I can see that you’re also preoccupied with something.” I followed Chanyeol’s eyes to where it was headed, as expected to what I felt, he was pertaining to Soojung.

“She changed.”

“Yep, and whose fault is that?”

“Us”

“Deng dong deng, and we have a winner.” He clapped, at first I felt insulted, and then I realized it was our entire fault afterall. “As expected from the dance machine Lee Taemin, is really smart. There’s no doubt that he can crack the case where he’s one of the suspects. It’s really funny that you know your mistakes, but you seem to ignore it.”

“Back off, Park,” I said furiously gritting my teeth.

“Woah! I’m just saying that’s all.” He raised both of his hands in front of me, while forming not his annoying fake smile, but a smirk that I want to wipe off with a punch.

“I’m leaving,” I stomped off leaving him still with a smirk as I can feel him in the back of my head, watching me, making me feel guilty about the incident.


The morning and afternoon came real fast and quiet, my feet suddenly dragged me to Soojung’s door. I wanted to knock, but then again fear came in me so first. Before I could knock I could hear voices from the other side of the door.

‘It’s a girl’s voice, definitely Soojung’s, but the guy’s has a really deep voice…Chanyeol?’

Suddenly, the door opened and I quickly acted natural in passing down the hall.

“Thanks oppa,” I heard Soojung said, before I could turn around.

“Taemin sunbaenim,” Chanyeol called me, and once I turned around I saw Soojung, not in a very good mood when she saw me and Chanyeol evilly smirked at me.

“Oh, hey Chanyeol and Soo-“

“Krystal,” she muttered while giving me a cold expression.

“Krystal,” I corrected myself and nodded at the both of the signalling that I’m going ahead.

 

That leads me to where Kai and Sulli are, the dance room. The two of them were more concentrated from practicing their new routine that we formulated while Soojung and Chanyeol was relaxing, going outside the company, for what they say “walking for a fresh air”, which I don’t believe that actually because I bet when I heard them from her room I was sure that they’re planning on something, which is what?

“Oppa,” Sulli waved when she saw me on the other side of the transparent glass. I came in and I could already feel the hot atmosphere inside.

“You guys seem to be working hard,” I smiled and waved back.

“Yeah, we were working hard to be one of the finalist, and the other one’s just lazying around for some reason.” Kai scoffed and looked at me with a teasing glare.

“Can I talk to you for a few minutes?” I said to Kai.
“Sure,” he put his toilette in the sound system. “Oh, Sulli, keep practicing the new dance moves I taught you, don’t worry about Taemin hyung I’m going to give him a piece of my mind.”

 

Once we were outside, Kai noticed that something’s wrong even when he was just looking at me at the back of my head.

“It’s a Krystal and Chanyeol’s relationship, is it?” Kai finally spoke after a seconds of silence.

I nodded in response to his question.

“I don’t know if you haven’t notice, but I think they’re going to get back with something that’s not good,” I said firmly.

“And you just noticed that, hyung? Krystal’s been acting that it means business to her. She’s going to take us one by one.”

“I thought our plan was to put her in the team?”

“But then again hyung, we can’t cause-“

“Sulli”, I whispered. Both of us didn’t make any sound, but a scream was suddenly heard.

 

“Yah! Aren’t you apologizing?” Kai and I ran to the room with Soojung and Sulli arguing over something.

“Why should I?” Soojung looked at Sulli with an insane lunatic’s eyes, and tilting her head to the side while giving a sarcastic tone.

“What’s going on here?” I said while walking in between them and Kai following behind me. Then I noticed Sulli’s hand was swollen while Soojung’s was bleeding.

“Oppa, she came up here all of a sudden and pushed me hard on the floor. Look at my hand, they’re all swollen.”

“LIES!” Soojung hissed.

“Stop all this, both of you. Kai, take Sulli to the infirmary, while I deal with our old friend here.” I felt Kai nod, while taking Sulli out, now both of us are the only once here.

“Tch! It’s really typical for an idiot like you. Didn’t you notice that I’m injured too?” She raised her injured hand in front of me, uninterestingly.

“We need to talk after we do something to make that stop bleeding.” I grabbed her uninjured hand and pulled her outside.

“I’m not going to be in the same room your girlfriend.” She grabbed her hand back, and walked away.

“Who says that we’re going to be in the same room as them?” I said pulling her again to the elevator.

“I don’t need your help. I’m fine on my own, I just need a little help with Chanyeol,” she gritted her teeth.

“No, I’m going to cure you and you and I are both going to have a little chat about the sudden burst of attitude.”

“Aren’t you going you to make me explain?”

“It’s obvious that we both know who’s really at fault, right?”

“I knew it,” she scoffed, turning her head away from me.

“And it’s not you,” I said silently. It made Soojung turn to me, wanting to cry. So I hugged her really tight, snuggling my face in her neck while she does in my chest. I could hear her cry, and I knew that maybe there’s still a left of Soojung inside.