Saturday

A Bed Of Roses

The week passed really quick. It was already Saturday!

I looked forward to today. 

It was my very first date with Changsub. I was exceptionally nervous. But, why should I be nervous? It wasn't as if we hadn't hung out before.

I looked at myself in the mirror and twirled in my outfit as I tried to pull the creases out. I took my makeup box and did a little touch up. I didn't want anything to go wrong on this date so I was extra precautious. As I dabbed my lips with tissue, there was a knock on the door.

"Oh no! He's early!" I gasped as I looked to the clock which read, 7.50pm.

Automatically, I put my makeup away and grabbed my slingbag. I looked myself in the mirror one last time and snapped my fingers and said, "I look fantastic, ok. I can do this!"

As I walked down the stairs towards the door, my heart began to beat exceptionally fast. My hands reached out for the door knob as I took in a deep breath and opened the door.

"Whoa.", Changsub mouthed. 

"What? Too much?" I said to him while looking at his casual clothes.

"No, it's perfect, just like you!" 

I punched him in the arm, "Oh gosh, you're so cheesy!"

He squinted his eyes in a cheeky way and said, "And that's why you love me!"

He put out his arm and gestured for us to leave. We walked arm in arm towards the motorcycle at the side of the road. Changsub grabbed two helmets from the motorcycle and passed one to me. I looked at him in shock.

"We're taking this bike... Wait. You have a motorcycle??" I asked.

"Yeah, I had it since last year. Well, are you gonna hop on?" he asked as he got himself on the seat.

I stared at the bike with big eyes.

"I-...I'm scared." I fidgeted.

"Do you trust me?" he flashed a gentle smile in my direction.

"Of course I do!"

"Then hop on." 

I walked slowly to the motorcycle as I raised a leg over the seat. I grabbed onto Changsub's shoulders as he started the engine. 

The moment the motorcycle started to take off, my hands flew onto Changsub's waist as I hugged him tightly. It wasn't half bad. I felt as though I was flying on a cloud. Not to mention, I layed my head on Changsub's back, so I was in so much comfort. 

I looked at the sides and wondered where we were going. He hadn't told me our destination yet. It was a surprise. 

I closed my eyes and enjoyed the breezy bike ride.