Being Accepted & Approved

GOOD vs. BAD (Formerly known as L FOR LOV3) -SEMI HIATUS-

After several discussions with Mrs. Lee, she had decided to apply me for Seoul University since it was near the house. While waiting for their result, I had grown closer to Mrs. Lee. She had seemed to be a very kind and beautiful lady. I helped her clean up the house and also went out to buy groceries. As a bonus treat, she had told me that she will redecorate my room and buy some new furniture. Can’t wait!

It’s been 3 long weeks since I had sent my application form, I finally got a mail from the counselling board. I sat beside Mrs. Lee on the sofa. I got excited about the results. I shut my eyes close and crossed my fingers, hoping something good will happen. I heard Mrs. Lee opening the envelope. She was ready to announce, I still had my eyes closed.

*One, two, three* I counted mentally. “Sulli-ah, you……” Mrs. Lee paused for a few seconds. I waited and waited for her to continue – “YOU PASSED! THEY OFFERED YOU A PLACE THERE!”. “What?????” I opened my eyes in disbelief and tears of joy started to shed. Mrs. Lee was so happy till she hugged me tightly, as if I was a teddy bear in a child’s arm. Then she soon released me from her arms as the door was open. Kikwang had just come home after going out with his friends.

“Kikwang-ah, Sulli just got accepted to Seoul University!” she greeted him. “Oh, congrats.” He looked at me and closed the door. Then he straight away went upstairs without saying a word. What kind of congratulatory wish was that? He sounded totally insincere.

I was about to go upstairs and read my novel when suddenly Mrs. Lee called my name. So I went in the kitchen, Mrs. Lee was literally inspecting my whole body - from head to toe. “Uh, Sulli-ah. Do you have any clothes…?” she asked. Well, what am I wearing then? “I do…” I went silent. “Proper clothes?” she asked again. “Oh, urmm, ah…” I stuttered. “It’s okay. I’ll take you to the mall! Come ‘on!” she grabbed my hand and we went into the car. We had gone shopping for hours and hours. We also dropped by the stationary store to buy some books. Before reaching home, Mrs. Lee suggested that we go to the supermarket to buy some stuff for dinner.

When we arrived home, Mrs. Lee refused to let me help her get ready for dinner. Instead, she told me to just to rest in my room and do not go downstairs unless she knocks the door. She says it’s a ‘surprise’. So I entered my room and wash up. While waiting for the dinner to be prepared, I sat at my desk, wondering what would happen tomorrow – at school.

Somebody was knocking my door, so I opened it and it turned out to be Mrs. Lee. She told me that dinner was all-set. I walked towards the dining room and sat on a chair. Everything looked so fresh and mouth-watering, not to mention the smell. Daebak!

Once everybody seated, I took some kimchi and rice. Even though it was quite simple, I felt like I was in heaven. “Wow Mrs. Lee, you sure know how to cook!” I complimented. For some reason, Kikwang started to stop eating while Mrs. Lee just laughed. “Aigoo, I’m not the one who cooked these. Kikwang did”. I stared blankly and I almost choked myself. Kikwang glanced towards my way, “Shouldn’t you say thank you?”. I shot him a sharp look into his eyes and just continued to eat. 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

 

A/N: Thank you for reading. I really appreciate it. :)