A Day With The 'Do' Siblings

GOOD vs. BAD (Formerly known as L FOR LOV3) -SEMI HIATUS-

As I promised Kyungsoo and Hyelin, I’ll be arriving at Lotte World in about 5 minutes. Gosh, I can’t wait to see Hyelin. It’s been weeks since I’ve pinched her chubby cheeks.

Hmm… I’ve never been to an amusement park before. As expected, there was an awfully long line at the ticket booth. Lucilky, Kyungsoo told me that he had already book them on the Internet a few days ago.

It’s been 10 minutes, where are they? I eyed the area. Nope. Nobody I knew was there. Am I at the wrong place? I checked the signboard—Lotte World. There can’t be another building with the same name, right? I bit my bottom lip and just waited.

It was a second later that I had heard a voice of a little kindergartener calling my name, “Unnie! Unnie!”. I spun around, Hyelin ran towards me with all her heart. I picked her up and started spinning her in the air. “Where’s your brother?” I asked Hyelin. “He was behind me just now…” she explained. We both look at the direction where Hyelin had appeared. “De?” I tip-toed to get a better look of Kyungsoo despite the busy crowd in front of us.

And then, there he was. Kyungsoo rushed towards me with a sheepish smile crept on his face. He once told me that he wasn’t really a big fan of running. “Sorry we’re late. Hyelin had ballet class to attend” he stopped in front of me and gasped for air. “It’s okay. I’m fine as long as I get to see my Hyelin today” I ruffled her soft hair.

 

As we walked, I felt my jeans being yanked down a bit, I looked over and found Hyelin pointing to a merry-go-round ride also quite known as Camelot Carousel. I told Kyungsoo and we all went in line to wait for our turn. The three of us hopped on a horse each. Kyungsoo sat on a blue horse while Hyelin and I both picked a pink horse. I looked at Hyelin and smiled. She was giggling happily. I saw how she and Kyungsoo held hands. They must be really close siblings.

After the merry-go-round, we went to the Drunken Basket. Hyelin decided to sit between Kyungsoo and I. She held my right hand. I noticed how warm her hands were. As soon as the ride started to move, I closed my eyes and let the wind blow through my hair. I’m just hoping nobody pukes. I got dizzy after a few rounds but I definitely enjoyed it.

 

For the third ride, we decided to choose the Aeronauts Balloon Ride. It was actually supposed to be a couple ride but since Hyelin was only a child, the staff let her pass through. In a few seconds, the ride started to go up. And then, we were already at the top of the indoor building. Hyelin who spotted an ice rink at the bottom of the building became excited. She told me that she wanted to skate later on.

So once the ride ended, we headed for the ice rink which was placed at Basement 3. There were lots of kids there, and couples too of course. We wore our skates and entered the rink. I tried to skate but in a blink of an eye failed. I fell on the cold ice with a bump. Kyungsoo who noticed the incident, skated towards me with a concerned look on his face.

He lent a hand and helped me to steadily stand. Because of the slippery ice floor, I fell once more but this time, another person fell too. Kyungsoo, that’s who. I opened my eyes, Kyungsoo was actually on top of me. We exchanged glances. Kyungsoo blinked his eyes in shock. He got a hold of himself and casually stood back up. This time, he warily grabbed my hand and stood still. “Uh sorry for that, I didn’t mean to… you know” he lowered his head. “It’s okay… I guess” I shove the ice off my .

Since then I decided to skate near the railing. Even thought I had some sort of ‘support’, I still had to admit. I am not good at ice skating. I am getting a hand of it though, but I did fell several times. Practice makes perfect, right? I laughed at myself.

Kyungsoo came towards me and asked, “What’s so funny about?”. “Nothing.” I smiled back. “Why aren’t you skating, I mean like… in the middle of the rink?” he questioned. “Well, I guess it’s just that I don’t want to fall in the middle of the rink and make the people think I’m a fool. Besides, if I fall… there’s an 80% chance of me getting chopped by hundreds of super sharp blades” I cleverly stated.

Kyungsoo laughed “You do have a point there”. I just smiled and nodded. We both watched as Hyelin gracefully skate on the ice just like a typical figure skater. She must have practiced often. “Impressed?” Kyungsoo raised his eyebrow and chortled. “Mhm…she’s so good at it” I told him. “Yeah, she’s really good at skating. My mom was a figure skater back in the days” he mentioned. “Wow, no wonder” my smile grew wider.

Hyelin came towards us and she rubbed her tummy, “Unnie, oppa… I’m hungry!”. “Okay, come on. Let’s go to the food court”. We headed to the sitting area. I was about to open my skate, then I realized I got footsore from skating. I firmly rubbed it, “Ouch!”. “Are you okay?” Kyungsoo came over after he heard me shrieked. “Uh, I just got footsore. It doesn’t hurt so much though. I-” I said. “Hold up a sec” Kyungsoo cut me.

“There,” he took a box of plasters and placed one of it on my footsore. “Better?” he asked. I was touched for a moment. He’s too sweet and innocent. I snapped out of it when Kyungsoo waved his hand in front of me, “uh…hello? Sulli?”. I must have been starring at him for a while. I face-palmed myself, “Ah..yeah. It feels better”. I put on my shoes and headed to the food court.

Kyungsoo decided to pick a table near the window. Hyelin and I sat down while Kyungsoo was in line to order our food. Hyelin watched the view on the other side of the window, “Oooooohhh! Look Unnie, there’s a pretty lake outside!”. I watched towards the direction Hyelin was eyeing on, “Oh, do you know what lake is that?” I smiled. She shook her head repeatedly. “It’s named Seokchonsu Lake. It’s beautiful, right?” I asked her. “Mhm!” she said with a smile. “Look there! It’s so pretty!!” Hyelin pointed at a building named Magic Castle. “We’ll be going there after this” I stated. “Really?!” her eyes became huge, just like Kyungsoo’s. How cute. “Yup” I confirmed.

Just as I was about to tell Hyelin something, a snobbish girl and her friends went pass by our table. The girl in the front who I supposed is the lead of the group glared at me as she went by. After they passed by us, I heard them laughing at me. One of them had even called me a loser. What the heck was her problem? “brat..” I said softly. Unfortunately, it wasn’t soft enough till the girl had U-turned to our table. “Excuse me, but what did you say?” she gave me a fierce look. “Nothing” I answered.

“Oh really?” she questioned me again. I ignored her and continued to look at the floor, trying to not make eye-contact. “Hey. Did you hear what I just asked you? Are you like deaf or something?” she said sarcastically. Some of her friends laughed. I gritted my teeth. I noticed how her other friends were glaring at me. Boy, if their glare were made from lasers, I’d be burnt to ashes right now. “Sooyoung-ah. Do someth-” she was about to call ‘Sooyoung’ who I guess is one of her friends.

But then Kyungsoo came towards us. “Is there something wrong?” Kyungsoo gave them a look. He was a bit mad, I could tell. “Uh, no. I was just asking her something” the girl in front of me said. “Why don’t you ask the staff? They have more accurate information you know… Or are you just dumb?” Kyungsoo said as he was getting redder. Woah, I have never seen Kyungsoo like this before. “Urgh, come on. Let’s go girls!” she snapped her fingers and walked away. In a blink of an eye, all her friends were trailing behind her like a group of hungry dogs. Who does she think she is? Miss Popular? Definitely not.

Kyungsoo sat down and sighed. “I hate those type of girls” he stated. I watched Hyelin, she became quiet somehow. “Just forget about her. Let’s just eat” I tried to brighten up the gloomy mood and handed a burger to Hyelin. We continued to eat as Hyelin started to tell Kyungsoo and I about her day at ballet class.

  

Finally, we went out of the food court and headed outdoors. It’s so sunny, I squinted my eyes at the shimmering sunlight. “The castle! The castle!” Hyelin suddenly pulled our hands and started running towards the entrance. “Slow down~” Kyungsoo said as he was out of breath. We slowly stopped and joined the line.

 

After entering the Magic Castle, we went for several rides such as the Jungle Adventure, World Monorail and also the Swing Tree. Then, I saw a ride. A ride that captured my attention—the Atlantis Adventure Roller Coaster! I stopped in the middle of the path walk. “Is something wrong?” Kyungsoo tilted his head. “Can we ride…that?” I pointed at the huge ride that was placed a few feet away from us. “De?” he questioned. He gulped, he seemed quite frigthened too actually. “Pleaseeee!!!!!” I begged Kyungsoo. He still seemed uncertain.

This is the time. This is the perfect time to do my secret weapon! The one that I have been saving up for an urgent situation. Here it comes... “buing~ buing~” I made a cute expression in front of Kyungsoo. His eyes grew larger. He blinked his eyes and his whole face turned to a shade of bright red. He smiled like a fool and nodded his head. Awesome! It worked! The three of us quickly head over to line up.

Once we were in front of the line, one of the staff stopped us. “Excuse me sir, but kids below 12 are not allowed on this ride” she strictly stated, referring to Hyelin. “Oh…really?” Kyungsoo seemed to have noticed how disappointed I was. But then he went near the staff and whispered to her ear. I couldn’t actually hear what they were talking about but the girl was smiling as if they were telling secrets. Kyungsoo stood back beside me. He exchanged glances with the staff and smiled. Soon, I heard Kyungsoo telling Hyelin to go to her. Hyelin smiled. Are they like planning something?

Kyungsoo got a hold of my hand and lead me into the roller coaster. “Wha-what about Hyelin?” I uttered. “Don’t worry. Shinhye is going to take care of her” he smiled. “Shinhye?” I gave Kyungsoo a queer look. “The staff. She's my old friend” he explained. “Oh” I took a look at her again. She’s pretty.

“The ride is going to begin in 10 seconds. Please put on your seatbelts. Passengers are advised to keep their belongings in a covered place” the generator announced. “10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5…..” the countdown started. I shove my arm into Kyungsoo’s. As much as I wanted to ride this ride, it still did not change my fear of heights. Kyungsoo looked at me, and then he gave me a comfort smile. Once the ride started, all of us were screaming our hearts out. Even Kyungsoo and I screamed. In a matter of minutes, the ride had ended. That was indeed the most thrilling ride I’ve been on today since we didn’t get to ride Pharaoh’s Fury due to construction problems.

For the last ride, we went to the French Revolution. Hyelin held both our hands and gripped them firmly. As the ride started to spin, cold water started to splash all over our clothes. Kyungsoo tried to prevent Hyelin from getting wet by covering her with his body. Once the ride ended, I saw Kyungsoo… he was soaking wet. “You okay?” I questioned Kyungsoo. “Fine. Never been this fresh in my life” he let out a small laugh.

As we walked towards the subway, Kyungsoo started to sneeze. He looked terribly sick. I came nearer and placed my jacket over his shoulders. “Uh…oh, gumawo” Kyungsoo thanked me. “You look like you have a cold. I think we should hurry up before it gets dark” I said to him. He just nodded. As the bus stopped in front of my house, I said goodbye to Kyungsoo and Hyelin. “Uh. Your jacket!” Kyungsoo reminded me. “Ah…keep it. You need it more than I do” I smiled and handed the jacket back to Kyungsoo.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

 

A/N: Hello there! Thanks for reading uptill now. I really really appreciate it. And to show it, somehow...I'll post a few gifs of EXO-K during their visit at London a few days ago in the next chapter. A free gift for my very lovely readers. (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ