Alone For The Night

GOOD vs. BAD (Formerly known as L FOR LOV3) -SEMI HIATUS-

After a few minutes of driving, we arrived at our destination – Jewel Box Club. Yes, it was held at a club. But because Sica’s father is a very important person in the law defence section, we were prohibited from drinking. So anyone who got caught will be given disciplinary actions by the principle. And I certainly don’t want that to happen. Just thinking about it gives me the chills. Besides, I seldom drink.

When Kikwang rolled down the window for the guards to check, I noticed how crowded it was at the entrance. The guards asked both of us to display our identity cards and soon let us in. Just right when I was about to open the car door, Kikwang held me.

"De?" I gave him a questioning look, not knowing what was wrong. “Urm… did you tell anyone about us?” Kikwang asked. “Just Kyungsoo. Oh and maybe Hyelin too. Other than that, no one I suppose.” I told him. “Hyelin?” he asked. “Ah, nevermind.” I forgot that Kikwang doesn’t even know who Hyelin is.

“Oh. Okay then. That means we shouldn’t be seen together huh?” Kikwang let out a sigh. I nodded. I’m not sure why but I kind of felt disappointed. Kikwang opened the car door and went out, leaving me alone in the car.

I looked at the side mirror and checked my hair. I opened the car door and straightened my slightly crumpled dress. I soon walked towards the entrance and queued in the extremely long line. I sigh at the thought of that Kyungsoo will be nowhere to be seen and I’ll be lonely.

It took me 10 minutes just to take a step further. I waited and waited. I was getting bored so I took out my iPod and started shuffling along the songs. Then, I came across a song called ‘Mother’s Soy Bean Soup’ that was sang by Dynamic Duo. I smiled as the song reminded me of my own parents, especially my mother.

Out of the blue, there was screaming noises coming from the front of the line. The scream became louder. I stood still, wondering what in the world was happening. Then, the two girls in front of me whispered to each other and giggled. One of them suddenly squealed. “Oh. My. God. Look!!!! It’s him! He’s coming this way!” she said lustily.

I ignored and continued shuffling through the songs on my iPod. Suddenly I felt warm fingers around mine. Just like the one which helped me gain my balance back when I was about to fall down the stairs when I first entered Mrs. Lee’s house. I looked up, Kikwang?! “What are you doing?!” I panicked. “Come with me.” Kikwang tightened his grip and dragged me to the front of the line.

“Are you mad?!” I tried to loosen Kikwang’s grip. “Just follow me.” He said while trying to pass through hundreds of screaming girls chanting his name. What are they doing? I mean like, are they fangirling over…Kikwang? Pfffft. What kind of person would do that? Impossible.

I noticed how some of the girls were glaring daggers at me. I faced the ground, trying to escape from their horrifying glares. Finally, we reached the front of the line. The bodyguards looked at Kikwang, and then me. Then they looked back at Kikwang.

“She’s with me.” Kikwang stated. Immediately, the guards let down the rope and let us in. I grew shocked. I thought they were going to kill us for making a scene for a second there.

Kikwang led me inside of the crowded room and dragged me into a small corner. “What did you do that for? People will-” I tried to tell Kikwang but he suddenly placed his hands on my mouth. “I know, I know. People will find out that we live together.” Kikwang said.

“Shhhh!!” I tried to make him lower his voice in case other people might overhear us. “Or… maybe, are you scared they might get the wrong idea?” Kikwang smirked and moved closer. “Yah. Just let me go. I don’t want to listen to your stupid thoughts.” I sighed. “Relax, will you? I did it for your own good.” Kikwang let go of my hand. “Believe me. If it weren’t for my gutsy actions, you’d be stuck in that line for ages.”.

"But still-”, “I do it all the time. I’m sure none of them are going to suspect anything. No worries.”. I let out a sigh of relief.

“Kikwang, Kikwang.” a girl about our age came near us and playfully poked Kikwang’s arm. “Sica’s calling you.” she happily smiled. Just until…she saw me. The smile turned into a frown. I became quiet as she scanned my whole body. “Who are you?” she asked. “Ch-”. “Let’s go.” Kikwang placed his hands on her shoulders and spun to the other direction to avoid us from continuing our talke.

Kikwang walked a bit slower than the girl and turned his head around. “Have fun.” Kikwang mouthed and gave me an eye smile.

And at that moment, I remember. I’ll be left alone for the rest of the night.