Meeting Mr. Dongsaeng

GOOD vs. BAD (Formerly known as L FOR LOV3) -SEMI HIATUS-

       Right when I woke up, I noticed Mrs. Lee beside me. She was busy reading the daily newspaper. I squinted my eyes as sunlight was already shining bright. I spread my arms wide and yawned. "You know, it's not polite for a girl to yawn with her open." Mrs. Lee put down her newspaper and looked at me while smiling.

      I rubbed my eyes and smiled back, "Sorry, Mrs. Lee. I guess I just a little bit used to it.". She beamed. "You know, you kind of remind me of the younger version of myself." She laughed. "Isn't that a good thing?" I raised my eyebrow. "If you think it is then, yes. It's a good thing." she winked.

      "Anyways, Kikwang's not going to be home today. So that means you can go hang out with your friends too. I'll be alright by myself." she said. "Oh, it's okay. I don't mind staying at home after what happened last night." I replied with a smile. Talking about last night, I suddenly remember what happened; Kyungsoo and that girl, Kikwang and Jessica, me and Taemin. And I even fell asleep at a garden. Hmm...I wonder what actually happened last night. I fell asleep and the next thing I know, I was already in front of the house.

      "Last night? Weren't you out with Kikwang?" Mrs. Lee asked. "Oh, uh..I just met an old friend of mine." I stopped daydreaming. "Oh, that must be nice." Mrs. Lee smiled. I nodded. Mrs. Lee was on her way to exit the room when suddenly she spun around. "Are you sure you don't want to go out today?" Mrs. Lee asked once more. "I'm sure." I nodded again. Lately, Mrs. Lee looks so tired. It'd be a total loss if her elegance is simply put to waste.

      I got up and straightened my back. I darted over to the bathroom and went it to take a cold shower. As I dry my wet hair, I went downstairs to check whether Mrs. Lee needed any help. I peeped my head through the kitchen entrance and saw Mrs. Lee cooking pumpkin and pine nut porridge. I sniffed the air. The smell was absolutely tempting.

      I came up from behind and gently massaged her shoulders. "Sulli-ah, can you do something for me, dear?" she asked. "I'd love to help!" I playfully her silky hair. "Can you buy the groceries for me? I have a lot on my mind right now." "De," "The list and the money are on the counter." I head over to the counter and slipped the money in my pocket.

      I grabbed my jacket and went out the door. "Sulli-ah! You forgot to take the grocery list." she stopped me before I could even take a step further. I facepalm-ed myself, “Sorry, Mrs. Lee. I forget easily”. Mrs. Lee smiled, “It’s okay, people forget all the time. But promise one thing, make sure you don’t forget the way home. I don’t want you to be lost again.”. “Arasso” I bowed. “Oh, and Sulli-ah, you can take the road near the park. It’s much shorter than the normal route.” Mrs. Lee reminded. I beamed and said goodbye to Mrs. Lee before I made my way to the nearest local market. “Don’t talk to strangers!” Mrs. Lee waved her hand. I nodded and waved back.

      I walked along the aisle while whistling to Missing You by G-Dragon. My stomach grumbled, I laid my hand on my belly. Hmmm, I should get some Pepperos for myself later. I checked my pocket to make sure whether I brought extra cash. I smiled, perfect! Just enough for me to buy a box of it.

      After settling with the dairy department, I wandered around the canned food section. Where can I find the Marine Gold tuna brand? I scanned the labels, no sign of Marine Gold anywhere. Hmph, should I just skip it? I guess people here just don’t eat that brand. I knocked my head, yah! Pabo-ya! I can’t just forget it without searching it properly. Mrs. Lee needs it and I’m here to find it! I talked to myself.

      I walked up towards a middle-aged lady by the fruit jam shelf, I asked if there was any Marine Gold brand sold here. She smiled and pointed to the top of the rack. Ahh, there it is. I bowed and thanked the generous lady. Once I reached in front of the shelf, I looked upwards. Now that I found it, there’s just one problem. How in the world am I going to reach it?

      I tip-toed and reached my fingers as far as I could. It was like reaching for the stars for me. It was too high for me to reach it. Suddenly a male staff walked towards me and offered some help by asking “Excuse me, miss but you seem to be going through some problem here. Is there any way I could help you?”.

      I smiled sheepishly. “Urm..tuna can-Marine Gold-on the top rack-“ I muttered. “Ah, that’s what you were reaching for,” he laughed. I tried to hide my shame. “No problem, I can reach it in a blink of an eye!” he smiled. I bit my lip, “Uhh.”. Not to be mean but, how can he reach it? He’s a few centimetres shorter than me. Even I can’t reach it. Just then, the guy walked away. “Whaatt?” I became confused.

      Soon, the guy came back with a ladder. He strolled it and placed it in front of the rack. “You didn’t think I was going to reach it by myself did you?” he grinned. I gave out an awkward laugh and smiled. He climbed upwards and reached his hands sideways. “Is this it?” he held it up in the air. I squinted my eyes and read the label, “Marine Gold..”. “What?” he asked. “Oh, uh. Yup, that’s it.” I uttered.

      He came back down and handed the tuna can over to me. “There you go,” he smiled. “Thank you,” I smiled back. He was about to walk away when I suddenly remembered something. “Say…have I met you before?” I asked him. “I thought you’d never ask. I’m from class A3-1024.” he beamed.

      I gaped my mouth open, “You’re from Seoul University?”. “Mhmm!” he nodded. “Hmm, class A3-1024 you say, that’s one level lower than mine. That means you’re my dongsaeng.” I stated. “That’s right…noona.” He uncomfortably called me noona. “You don’t have to call me noona, we’re just one year apart. Besides, noona seems a bit too old for me” I smiled. “Want me to stroll the trolley?” he suddenly came forward and took the trolley away from my hands. “Uhh, okay.” I felt at an awkward situation.

      “Wait, don’t you have work to do?” I questioned. “I’m on my break.” He stated. “What? Doesn’t that mean I’m interrupting your break?” I stopped walking. He smiled, and patted my back so that I would continue walking. “I’ll be more glad to help you.” He explained. "If you say so.." I chortled at his cute manner.

      “By the way, I still haven’t known your name yet.” I looked at him. “The name’s Byun Baekhyun. Call me Baekhyun.” He introduced himself. Suddenly, we passed by the electric supply section, Girls’ Generation’s latest MV aired on one of the televisions. “Omo! They look so pretty!” Baekhyun stated. “So…I’m guessing that you like Girls’ Generation?” I guessed. “Like? I LOVE THEM! See this face?” he pointed at himself. “This is the face of the biggest fanboy of Girls’ Generation!” he proudly cheered.

      I laughed. “You’re quite something, huh?” I smiled. “Well, everyone is unique in their own ways.” Baekhyun winked.


A/N: In this story, of course not everything is based on true facts. For instance, Sulli is actually younger than Baekhyun so she should actually be the one calling him oppa or somewhat. Anyways, I acually have to rush right now. I'm using my dad's laptop but I'm supposed to do my hw right now and it's 12.30 in the morning. ToT