The Truth. Missing. I Can't.

GOOD vs. BAD (Formerly known as L FOR LOV3) -SEMI HIATUS-

It’s been 5 weeks now, lots of things had happened since I entered Seoul University. And after all that’s been happening, I’m pretty much convinced to say that Kyungsoo is definitely one of the nicest people I’ve ever met. We’ve grown very fond of each other. But there’s just simply one thing that I haven’t be truthful to him yet.

I turned my head and looked at Kyungsoo who was sitting beside me, he was trying to pay attention in class. He’s eyes were literally glued on the whiteboard. I nudged his elbow. His eyes were now focused on me. “Kyungsoo-ah, there’s something I need to tell you…” I mouthed. “Ahh…can you tell it later?” he replied and pointed at the teacher who was currently teaching.

I nodded heartlessly. I sighed as I continued to listen to the teacher who was word equations on the board. I was too lazy to take note of anything. Kyungsoo on the other hand, was still paying attention. I swear, the only time I’ve seen him yawn was during PE session. How could that even be?

As the class ended, Kyungsoo and I walked towards the cafeteria. “What was it that you needed to tell me?” Kyungsoo questioned. “Ah, I’ll tell you later when we find a table" I smiled. “Oh, okay” he grabbed the tray and searched for a place to sit.

“Sooo…” Kyungsoo took a donut that was covered with chocolate frosting and rainbow sprinkles. “Uh, well. Here it goes…” I sealed my lips and took a deep breath. Better late than never, right? “…me, I mean. Kikwang and I are…” I paused. “Kikwang and you are….?” He looked at me with concern.

“We…we live in the same house” I murmured.
“What did you say?” Kyungsoo who was just a few minutes ago taking a sip of his banana milk almost chocked when he heard the shocking news.
“Woah, are you okay? Here, have some of my water” I handed him my water bottle.
“Kwenchana. I’m fine” he pushed the water bottle towards me.
“You live. In the same house. With Kikwang? Kyungsoo asked again for confirmation.
“Urmmm, yeah. I guess I do” I took a nervous bite of my tuna sandwich.

Unfortunately, Kyungsoo didn’t even speak a word after the conversation we had in the cafeteria. It seemed like he was trying to ignore me. I grew concerned. “Kyungsoo-ah? Are you okay?” I lightly tapped his left shoulder. He looked at me with a blank expression. “I’m alright. I just don’t feel well today” he said. “Are you sick?” I tried to hold his hand but he stood up and went out the door as the last bell rang. Was it my fault? Why is he being like this? These questions keep playing in my head.

>>THREE DAYS HAS PASSED<<

I sunk into my seat as I noticed Kyungsoo’s table was empty. I let out a huge sigh and closed my eyes. Thinking what had happened to Kyungsoo. He was practically missing for the past two days and he didn’t even reply my messages. I can’t. I can’t lose a friend like him. He’s too precious to forget about.

The teacher entered the class and looked at the empty table beside me. He gave me a shocked look at continued his way to the teacher’s table. We all gave our greeting and sat back on our seats. As I was about to doodle a few sketches on the back of my book, the teacher had called up my name. “De?” my name was never called by the teacher before. Well, at least this teacher.

“Choi Sulli. Where is Do Kyungsoo? He’s been missing for 3 days. That is very unlikely of him. Did something happen between the two of you?” he asked and gave me a stern look. Now, all of the students in class had their eyes on me. How am I going to answer? Someone help me!! “Well…we did-” I stopped half way as I noticed Kyungsoo standing beside the classroom door.

“I’m sorry, teacher. I got stuck in traffic” Kyungsoo bowed 90˚ degrees. “Go to your seat, young man. This is the first time you’re late, so you are excused” the teacher instructed. “You may sit, Choi Sulli” the teacher gave me a hand gesture signing me to sit down. He looked at me with a serious look on his face.

“Yah. Do Kyungsoo! Where have you been?” I whispered slowly at Kyungsoo. “Sorry. I wasn’t well lately” he looked at me. The first period of school session was done and now it’s time for History. During History class, we were assigned into pair work. So as usual, Kyungsoo and I would be partners since I wasn’t really close to anyone else. He came nearer and sat beside me. We both shared our textbook since I was too clumsy till I forgot to bring it to school.

“You’re not mad are you?” I popped the question.
“What. Why would I be?” Kyungsoo replied me with a few blinks.
“About Kikwa-”
“Oh. Kikwang. You mean the fact that you guys live in the same house?” he cut me.
I’m not even sure if it sounded sincere or sarcastic. Neither way, I was still sort of sad.

“I’m not mad. Why do you think so?” Kyungsoo questioned.
“Oh. Uh, no…I don’t know. It’s just that you know. Kikwang and you are kinda in a tense relationship” I explained.
“Nahhh. It has nothing to do with you so I don’t really mind” Kyungsoo beamed.
“Really?” I asked.
Kyungsoo nodded and smiled sweetly.

As we continued to do our own research, the teacher had made an announcement. “As you all know, every year there will be three main examinations. The 2nd exam will be around the corner so I will look forward to the results. Good luck, everyone” and with that, he exited the class. Once recess began, the both of us went straight to the cafeteria and bought some shakes.

>>ONE LOVELY NIGHT<<

*every every everyday, naega mandeun history~* my phone rang. I looked at the screen and noticed that I have received a new message. Sender = Kyungsoo. As expected.

“Sulli-shi. Are you free tomorrow?” – Kyungsoo.
“I’m pretty much sure I am :)” I replied with a smiley inserted.
“How about 10AM? You free then?” – Kyungsoo.
“Sure. I need to ask for Mrs. Lee’s permission first though. What are you planning to do?” I asked.
“How about going to the library? The exams are near, remember?” – Kyungsoo.
“Oh yeah. That’s a great idea! I’ll try to persuade Mrs. Lee.” I replied.
“Good luck with that~ Annyeong, have to go now.” – Kyungsoo.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

 

A/N: Hey there. (I/Tasya), (truly/extremely) am (really/very) sorry for the delay of updates. And I'm kinda sorry this chapter was a bit 'hung'. My right eye seems to be swollen cause it won't open up wide like usual ones should. But basically, it was all my fault since I literrally scratched it with my dirty hands. lol. And now, I have corn cracker crumbs all scattered all over the floor. Must find will to clean up. o____________o