Dreamland

GOOD vs. BAD (Formerly known as L FOR LOV3) -SEMI HIATUS-

Just then, the DJ stopped playing the songs and Tiffany had come up on stage. She smiled while the others cheered. I sat there and listened. “Now, I invite all of you to the dance floor to join Sica for the cake cutting ceremony.” She bowed and giddily went down the stage. I stood up and head for the dance floor once more. The place was awfully crowded so I went near the back of the crowd.

The crowd started to sing a farewell song for Sica. Everyone clapped once the song ended. Just then, some of the girls started to whisper to each other – gossiping. I tip-toed to look if anything was happening. I blinked several times in bewilderment. Looks like someone has a girlfriend – Kikwang was giving a spoon full of strawberry cake to Sica. Sica blushed so hard.

Somehow, I felt like I was all alone in this world. I stepped a few steps backward. I went to the punch table and grabbed a drink. I sipped the cold drink and looked around. Kyungsoo was nowhere to be seen, which breaks my heart even more. I’m sure all of the people around me think I’m some lonely girl.

I sat back at the table placed next to the punch table as I watched all the guests trying to take a picture with Sica. When will I ever be popular as her, no one barely knows me. Not that I want to be some sort of attention but, other than Kyungsoo and… Kikwang, there’s basically no one else who treats me as their friend. Well except for my classmates, they’re friendly but we just smile at each other and discuss about assignments.

I sighed as I took one more gulp of the fruit punch. I looked upwards as I saw all the guests dancing. Just then when I looked closer, I spotted Kikwang, Sica, Tiffany and some other guys sitting at the table placed a few feet away. They were laughing and making fun of each other, I could tell they were having a really good time. Without noticing, I was actually starring at them for a few minutes now.

I stood up straight and fixed my dress. My stomach grumbled. I was about to head for the table that served salad Caesar but then as I walk, a guy who is holding a hotdog had accidentally run into my way – causing him to spurt mustard all over my dress. “I’m sorry I didn’t mean to. I’m really sorry” the guy bowed at me for quite some time now. Seeing his sincerity, I laid my hand on his arm to stop him from bowing once more.

“It’s okay, I can handle it” I smiled at the man. He bowed once more to say sorry and walked away. I quickly rushed towards the washroom. Luckily, there’s this one useful tip my mother told me for stain removals. I need alcohol. Hmm, I suddenly got an idea. Since every odour product contains alcohol – I took out a bottle of perfume from my clutch. I sprayed it on the mustard stain and rubbed liquid soap onto it.

After a few minutes, I gently washed it with cold water. I crossed my fingers, hoping that the tip worked. Once the tap was closed and the water stopped running, I looked at the result. “Yes!” I pumped my knuckle in the air, “It worked!”. I smiled widely. Mom, you are definitely a life saver.

I walked out of the bathroom and took a good look at my wrist watch, it stated 2AM. Woah… how did it get this late? I searched for an empty seat and took out my cell. “It 2AM. Don’t you think Mrs. Lee would mind?”, I texted Kikwang. I took a glimpse at Kikwang in case he didn’t receive the message. Kikwang took up his cell and read the text. He lifted his head up and scanned through the area, I guess he was searching for me.

Beep~ Beep~ “I’m sure she’s fine. She’s already gotten used to it.” I read in a slow tone so no one could’ve heard me. That bastard, how could he not think of his mother at this time of hour?! I need air - fresh air that is. I walked out of the place and started wandering through the halls. There were tons of other entrances, I never thought a club would look this way. It seemed more like a café.

I didn’t dare to unlock any of the doors so I just kept walking till I reached the end. There was a glass door with an interesting note on it. “Allowed to enter at any time as long as you do no harm.”. Hmm..I twisted the door knob and slightly opened the door. As astonished as I am, I couldn’t help myself from blinking repeatedly. It’s…it’s…beautiful. I smiled as I squat down and touch the flowering shrubs.

It seems like I was in some sort of magical garden. Probably like Alice in the Wonderland, I would accidentally fall into a hole in the ground and would be told to drink all sorts of potions.  I laughed at myself, how could I ever think such a thing. I continued to walk through the shrubberies and stopped until I saw a small white swing that could fit two people. I head over and sat on it. Without realizing, second by second, I was much closer to dreamland.