A Message From Romeo

GOOD vs. BAD (Formerly known as L FOR LOV3) -SEMI HIATUS-

I sat alone and stared at the dance floor. Everyone was dancing with their partners. While I, on the other hand, was probably just invited as an audience.

“Choi Sulli?” a guy said my name in a questioning way. I gave him a queer look, “Do I know you?”. “Just call me Tae.”, he said with a smirk. “Tae? I don’t remember meeting you before.” I stated. “Maybe you just don’t remember hard enough.”, he winked. “How do you know my name?” I asked. “Well, that will remain a secret” he beamed and sat on the chair placed next to me.

“Are you alone?” he asked. “Yeah, as you can see. I am sitting here alone. Alone.” I said, feeling like there should be a ‘forever alone’ note plastered onto my forehead. “Hmph, I just don’t get it!” Tae said while pouting. “You don’t get what?” I became confused. “I just don’t get it how a beautiful lady such as you could be…alone.”, he explained. He smiled widely.

“Are you like…drunk or something?” I raised my right eyebrow. “No I’m not. I’m serious. You’re really pretty. In fact, you’re the prettiest girl I’ve seen since the last time I saw my mother!” he beamed. I laughed at his cheesiness. In the meantime, I think I was also blushing. Who was this random guy? I’ve never seen him before yet he acts like he knows me as if we’ve known each other for years.

“Care for a good time?” he asked me with a playful smile. “Huh? Sure. Why not?” I chuckled and joined him on the dance floor. I’ve had enough of being alone! It’s time for me to have fun!

“So…who made you sit alone? I’m going punch that bastard for doing such a cruel thing to a beautiful lady!” Tae joked and curled his fingers forming a fist and tried to punch the air. I laughed. “No one did.” I explained. It wasn’t Kyungsoo’s fault. I was the one who told him to go.

“What? You mean you don’t have a boyfriend?!” he asked, shocked. “Yup! I’m y, free and single!” I cheered proudly. He laughed. “I just don’t get it!” he made a face. “What? You don’t get it how a beautiful lady such as myself could be single and have no boyfriend?” I tried to mimic him. I delivered him a sarcastic smile.

“Exactly!” he said while we both laughed. “But seriously, you don’t have a boyfriend?” Tae asked. “Do you see this face? Do I seem like I’m joking?” I tried to make a serious face and not laugh. “Well, that means I won’t be stealing anyone’s girl tonight.”, he smirked. “You got that right!” I smirked back.

A dirty smile was craved on his lips. “And that means I can do this!” he suddenly pulled me closer and positioned me in a romantic way. Suddenly he swirled me which caused me to fall into his arms. Our faces were inches away. I became speechless. After a few seconds, Tae finally snapped out of it and returned to our original positions.

“Sorry for my bad manners. I was having too much fun.” He smiled like a fool. “Too much huh?” I gave him a sarcastic look. “I guess I just can’t stand watching a girl like you being miserable at night like this.” He gave me a playful smirk. "Well, that's  a good reason" I smiled. I accepted his apology and we both went back dancing freely on the dance floor.

“Hey. Watch this!” Tae gave me his coat and started to dance like a dancing machine on the dance floor. Everyone started to stop and stare. All the girls went squealing while the guys all stared with their mouths wide open. They were all mesmerised by his swag and flexible moves. All eyes were on him.

Everybody clapped. That was until he stopped for a while and came towards to me. Out of my expectation, he suddenly kneeled down in front of me and kissed my hand while a smile crept on his face. Now, we were the limelight. Everyone looked at me and cheered “Dance! Dance! Dance!”. I looked downwards. “Play along~” he mouthed. I bit my lips, play along? As what?

All of the people around us stared at us two. So I figured, better play along than ruin the show right? I picked Tae up by pulling my hand and smiled. He swirled me in a circle under the spotlight. Once the others continued to dance, we stopped and took a deep breath. “WOAH. Where did you learn to move like that?!” I was in an astonished mode. “Am I not, what you call…swag?” Tae raised his eyebrows and praised himself. “Well, I hate to say this but. You were awesome just now!” I cheered.

Suddenly, the pop dance music stopped and a slower one was played. “Shall we dance?” Tae lend his hand forward. I laid my hands in his and started to dance. We stayed quiet for a while. I rested my chin upon his wide shoulder.

“How come I’ve never seen you before?”
“I’m invisible, don’t you remember?”
“What?”
Tae laughed, “Just forget what I said. I lost my touch of words so I sound weird.”
“Who are you?”
“I’m Tae. Didn’t I tell you?”
“I know. But why so sudden?”
“Sudden? What do you mean sudden? I’ve been waiting for years to spend time with you. I just didn’t had the guts.”
“Years?”
“Well you see, you may not remember me but I sure do remember you. You’ve grown into a beautiful person, you know that?”
I smiled and closed my eyes, “Thank you.”
“For what?”
“Thank you for comforting me. It’s been a while since I’ve spent such a great time like this.”
“No problem.”

We continued to dance under the spotlight as if we were the only one there. Just then, the clock 12 midnight sharp.

“Hey, I have to go now.”
“What? Why so early?”
“I just have to. I’m sorry.”
“But wait!” I held his wrist tight as possible.
“Here.” He gently placed a rectangular piece of sheet on my palm.

I watched as he disappeared in the crowd. I picked up the rectangular piece of sheet in my hands and found out that it was actually a photo. I took a good look at it. It was my kindergarten photo of my performance, Romeo & Juliet. I was role-playing the Juliet. I flipped the photo. There was a short message written on the back of it. I walked off the dance floor and headed for an empty corner.

“Dear old friend, do you know how much I longed to be with you? The way your ponytail swings every time you take one step forward. I watched for far, I was a very quiet kid back then but now, I tried to change – change into a person who you could be proud of. Tonight. Tonight will be a night that I will cherish forever. Even though I haven’t met you yet, I’m sure – tonight will be a hell of a night. To be just with you, it’s a once in a lifetime experience. I truly hope the guy you have now will take great responsibility towards you. If not, I swear, I would stab him multiple times until he dies. No worries, I am no murderer. I am just a person who is willing to protect you. To Choi Sulli, my Juliet.”

I flipped the photo back, “Tae…”. Where have I heard this name before? Tae… I looked closely at my picture in the photo. “…Choi Sulli, my Juliet.”, I read in my heart. My eyes shined bright, Taemin? He was the one who played Romeo in the performance. Could it be? I beamed.


 

A/N: I was planning to update yesterday but then right when I wanted to click the 'Add Chapter' button, the network went wrong. Hey, what are you going to do? I can't just re-type it, it was already 1AM that time. I had to go to sleep sooner or later. >< So...did you know that this is one of my favourite chapters? Although it doesn't include the male leads, I still love it. Who could say no to TaeLi? haha. I'm not really a big shipper..but, who cares right? lol.

 

Anyways, I wonder who's a fan of Taylor Swift here? I am! (〃^∇^)ノ
Her latest music video creeps the hell out of me. ><