The Beginning Of Everything

GOOD vs. BAD (Formerly known as L FOR LOV3) -SEMI HIATUS-

For the past few days, it has been dreadful and colourless to me. It’s a pain in the when you have no one to rely on. I was alone in this world, lifeless.

The tragedy moment when the police contacted you and reported that your parents had died in an accident. Eventually, a truck driver had lost control over his vehicle and caused the truck to crash to the side of my parent’s car. And now, I had to face all of it by myself.

The worst part is that the orphanage does not accept an individual that has reached 18 years old. Looks like I’d have to survive hard then. That includes buying my own necessities.

I head to my house which was now empty. I had cried all night remembering the precious moments I had spent with my family. I could still not believe that I am all alone now. The next day I woke up early and started packing up stuff. I’m gonna find a new place after this.

Luckily, one of my friends’ father owns a van. So I ended up borrowing it for a few days. On my way to the real estate building, a little girl had suddenly run and fell in the middle of the road. I quickly decided to pull over and help the child. Fortunately, she was conscious and she had not develop any major injuries. I helped her to stand steadily.

She had the cutest smile in the whole world, she has a big chance of being an ulzzang when she grows up not to mention there was a spark in her eyes. I took her by the hand and walked towards a wooden bench. I noticed that her forehead had a little bruise.

I searched for a bandage in my small pocket. Nothing was found except for cash and several candy wrappers. I spotted a pharmacy nearby. I told the little girl to wait.

I bought the bandage and a lollipop just in case she was hungry. She looked at me with her puppy-like eyes, she wiped her eyes and smiled. I sat beside her and gave a soft blow at the bruise and kissed it. After that, I placed the bandage on it.

She opened but then bit her lip. She faced down shyly and slightly pulls my sleeve. I wonder was going on. She looked at me once again and finally said “Gumawo, unnie”. I had no words to say, so I just smiled back.

As I was searching for the lollipop I had bought earlier in my bag, the little girl had run away. She turned her head directly to where I was sitting and waved. She shouted from far, “Annyeong! Omma is calling me, I have to go. Saranghae, unnie!”.

I chuckled, what a weird little girl. Haha. Uh-oh! I just remembered that I have to go to the real estate building. I should start going now or else, I’d be late.

I the engine and started my journey. I had to find a new, comfy apartment! Still disappointed about selling the old house though, but I’m sure the new owners would take care of it. I smiled to myself, now, a new world shall open up and I’ll just have to always be on the go. That was one of my parent’s favourite sentences. I did know what it meant, but I’m just not sure if I’ll be able to live it up.

After several hours of driving, I finally reached my destination. Just a few forms to fill, and goodbye. My house will be sold. I made sure to lock the vehicle and soon entered the building.

A lady who was dress formally was waiting for me. She shot me a look, and I guessed that I had to follow her. So I went into her office and signed some contracts. Everything is settled down, I just need to find a new home. Hmm… It’s getting darker. I’ll just sleep in the van.

I checked the phone, and the clock stated 8.00 AM. Rise and shine Sulli, a new day has come. “Ahhhhhhh…….”, I stretched my arms widely. As I was aimlessly driving the van in the hectic town, I could feel somehow that my phone was vibrating.

The message clearly was sent by Mrs. Lee, my parents’ close friend. The text stated “Sulli-ah, I’m so sorry for your lost. If you are free, can you stop by my place? I have something to tell you.”. Without hesitating, I took a turn and headed to Mrs. Lee’s.