"Hey pretty boy, you ain't got nothin' on me/Wanna flow with me? I can do that/Wanna dance with me? You can't do that/Don't mistake me to be the same as other girls" ~2NE1's "Pretty Boy"

He's My Teacher!

 

Friday, September 28, 2012

                “That was amazing,” Ahran told me after Kai and I had finished presenting our dance in class. “Mm-mm-mm that boy is fine. And I mean…you were good, too,” Ahran quickly added.

                I laughed. “Well thanks, Ahran,” I told her as I sat down.

                “Kai is insane,” Ahran sighed. “Such a good dancer and so good looking.”

                I nodded. “He’s pretty amazing…” We commented to each other as the next few pairs performed, and then it was Chunji and Ahran’s turn.

                “Coome on,” Chunji said as he held out his hand to pull Ahran up. She sighed and rolled her eyes, but accepted.

                They situated themselves at the front of the classroom and then Junhyung started the music. Their dancing, even if it wasn’t as advanced as Kai and mine was, was still really beautiful and well choreographed.  When they were finished and we were all applauding, Ahran was beaming into the crowd, but Chunji was giving Ahran a shy, cute smile. Would those two please just get together already…?

 

                “Ay~” L called, to get my attention as he stepped outside with me and tossed a bottle of Ramune to me. We were taking a break and had stepped outside the café for a moment.

                “Mm, thanks,” I responded as I popped it open and took a long swig.

                L opened and drank his own, as well. “Three weeks of track left,” he muttered.

                “And I will be eagerly awaiting the end of that hell.”

                L let out a small chuckle. “I’m gonna miss it…”

                I gave him a look. “Excuse me? Please tell me I heard that wrong…”

                “Oh come on! It’s not that bad,” L exclaimed, laughing. “Sure…the running running part . But its fun, the team is fun, meets are a good time…”

                I shrugged. “I guess that’s true…But I still ain’t gonna miss it…” L laughed as my phone began ringing. I hurried to pull it out of my pocket and answered the call. “Ahran?” I asked.

                “PARK FREAKING HYEMIN I NEED YOUR HELP,” she shrieked into the phone.

                I held my phone a bit away from my ear. “Ahran,” I mouthed to L. For her, I returned the phone back to my ear. “What’s up?” I asked.

                “Chunji! Just…confessed to me and asked me out!” she whimpered.

                I let out a loud laugh. “Took you long enough. Why you so freaked out? You want kids and he wants dogs?”

                “YAH!” Ahran screamed. “That’s not it! I don’t know what to do!”

                “Well…do you like him?”

                “No!” I didn’t say anything, and after a short pause she spoke again. “Well…I don’t know. He’s good looking and a good dancer and he can be sweet and he’s really funny…but he’s not a nice guy.”

                “Ahran, you just said he was sweet,” I pointed out.

                “Chunji?” L asked softly. I nodded in response to him.

                “I know! To me he’s mostly nice, now. But! To my old friend…she moved away this summer. He went out with her sophomore year but dumped her so quickly. He confessed to her then broke up after a few days! He’s such a player!”

                I know I didn’t know him that great…but it didn’t sound like Chunji. “Oh…Well, have you answered him yet?”

                “No,” Ahran said meekly.

                “Alright I’ll…I’ll call you back later tonight and we’ll see what you wanna do, okay?”

                “No! Help me now!” Ahran begged.

                “I will…tonight, okay?”

                After a short pause Ahran agreed. “Fine. But hurry!”

                “Mm, bye Ahran, talk soon,” I told her before hanging up.

                “He finally confessed?” L asked.

                I nodded. “But she’s freaking out because apparently he’s a player and went out with her friend sophomore year…?”

                L nodded, “Oh yeah, I remember that. Remi. I was surprised he broke up with her so quickly when he had liked her for so long, but he never told us what was up.”

                “Well…we have to find out. We need to clear the air for Chunji and Ahran.”        

                L pouted his lips out. “It’s gonna be tough. I asked him and he wouldn’t tell anyone.”

                I sighed. “Fine, fine, we’ll deal with it later…” I said as we headed back into the café.

 

                I knocked impatiently on the doorway until I heard a mumbled shout from behind the door and slow footsteps.

                “Whatt?” a tussled Kai groaned as he opened the door. When he saw it was me he woke up a bit more. “Hyemin? What the hell are you…how did you…?”

                “Put on a shirt,” I responded instead, tapping my knuckles on his bare chest as I pushed past him into the apartment. “Were you sleeping?”

                “Yeah, I was, actually,” he growled.

                “Sorry, but I need your help.”

                Kai groaned but sat down next to me on the couch. For a guy who I assumed lived by himself the place was pretty neat. “With what?”

                “Chunji.”

                “Why…? He’s Ahran’s guy…” he mumbled, blinking slowly and trying to rub the sleep out of his eyes.

                I let out a small laugh. “I know. But apparently she refuses to go out with him because he was a jerk to her friend in sophomore year. I need you to find out Chunji’s side of the story…”

                Kai sighed and dropped his face into his hands, his arms propped up on his knees. “How?”

                I shrugged. “I dunno. You guys are always talking during dance though. Call him?”

                “Do you know his number?”

                “No…”

                “Then how the hell am I supposed to call him?” Kai asked.

                “Hey, you’re actually gonna help?” I asked cheerily.

                “Am I not supposed to?”

                “I dunno,” I shrugged. “I thought you’d be more of a about it and refuse for awhile.”

                 Kai gave me a blank look and I shrugged again. “I might be able to get it…” he sighed. “But you owe me.”

                “Owe you? The hell? Owe you what?” I scoffed.

                “Well, if you don’t have anything else to pay me with…you could always pay me with your body,” he said in a soft, husky voice as he leaned towards me, his torso still bare.

                “Like…manual labor?” I asked, cocking my head at him.

                He shook his head and laughed, going back to his original spot on the couch. “Cute, Hyemin.”

                “I get that a lot,” I winked at him.

                He closed his eyes and let out a chuckle. “Whatever. I’ll be back soon.”

                I nodded and stayed where I was on his couch. I glanced around his apartment; it was small, but enough for just one person. The small sitting room I was in was adjacent to the open kitchen, and there were two other doorways which I figured was his room and the bathroom.

                “I got it,” he said as he walked back into the room looking at his phone. “So…what do you want me to do?”

                “I dunno…call him? Ask?” I asked. “Wait…no be more tactful about it. He wouldn’t tell any of his other—“

                “Hey, Chunji, what’s up? It’s Kai.” I snapped my head towards Kai and saw him already on the phone. My eyes flew open and I advanced towards him. He saw me coming and gave me a smile, walking into the kitchen. “Yeah, I was just wondering…Mm….yeah, it’s about Ahran. Mm, she’s here.” Kai paused for a moment and laughed. “Yeah, I know… Yeah, it’s that. Mm? Hyemin? Yeah sure, I guess.” Kai handed me his phone. “He wants to talk to you.”

                I nodded and accepted it. “Chunji please don’t be mad! Ahran won’t even think about it because of what happened sophomore year or whatever!”

                Chunji sighed. “Yeah…I know. I tried to explain it to her but she wouldn’t even listen.”

                “So…you’ll tell me so we can figure this out?”

                Chunji let out another long breath. “Yeah…I guess I might as well… So, at the end of freshman year I liked one of Ahran’s good friends, Remi. Winter break sophomore year I asked her out. She said yes and I was so insanely happy. She was really into me—and so the very next day she came to my place to hang out. We kissed…” I could practically hear the blush in Chunji’s voice. “And I mean…I was happy. She left a few hours later, but she wanted to hang out again so I went to her place the very next day. “We kissed again…a lot. And she tried…other things.” It was taking everything in me not to let my laughter out. Chunji sighed. “Hyemin, you can laugh. I can hear you…”

                I finally let loose and laughed out loud. “I’m sorry…I’m really sorry, it’s not funny!”

                “It reaaally isn’t…It’s not like she tried to me, okay? She was just way too touchy feely and I didn’t like it… So I broke up with her that day. And then because she had such a reputation, which I was not aware of at the time, everyone said I went out with her just to hook up and called me a player.”

                “Damn, that …” I murmured. “Well, anyways, thanks Chunji. You’ll have a new girlfriend by tomorrow that won’t try’n you,” I told him playfully.

                He laughed. “Yeah, yeah whatever. Hey speaking of relationships…what are you and Kai doing together so late at night?”

                “Chunji its 8:30….”

                He let out a breathy laugh. “Yeah, yeah…protection,” he sang into the receiver before hanging up. I rolled my eyes at him and handed the phone back to Kai.

                “Everything’s good,” I told him with a smile. “Let me just call Ahran…” She picked up immediately, still freaking out, and I explained everything to her. She called Remi a few not so nice things before hanging up instantly.

                “So…everything’s all good?” Kai asked, leaning against the kitchen table.

                I nodded. “They’re finally together.” It was silent for a few moments before I spoke again. “Hey…remember our bet?”

                “Bet?” Kai asked, sounding confused.

                I nodded. “Remember? I bet you really early in the semester $10 they’d be together by Winter Break.”

                “I never agreed to that!” Kai instantly disagreed.

                “You never disagreed,” I pointed out. I held my hand out towards him. “Ten bucks, please,” I smiled sweetly.

                He gave me a look before high-5ing me and turning around. “Ten bucks my .”

                “Aish…put a shirt on!” I called at him.

                “Why? Making your uncomfortable?” he smirked at me, facing me once again.

                I propped an elbow against the refrigerator and leaned onto it. “Nahh,” I said, very obviously eyeing him up and down. “It’s just that no one really wants to see you …”

                Kai scoffed. “Excuse me? I’ll have you know SNSD looked twice at this,” he said, gesturing to his upper body. I’ll admit, he had a really nice chest and toned abs, along with well defined, muscular arms and y collarbones, but I wasn’t giving in that easily.

                “Probably because they wondered why SM let someone so scrawny into the company.”

                Kai stepped closer to me. “Scrawny? Excuse me? Does this look scrawny to you?”

                “I dunno, but this,” I gestured to his whole body with my pointer finger. “Sure does look pretty scrawny…”

                He made a clucking noise with his tongue. “I’ll let you touch if you apologize for your behavior.”

                I let out a laugh. “Excuse me? I’m not some , craved teenage girl, I might apologize if you put a shirt on.”

                “Denial,” Kai said, shaking his head.

                “I don’t think that’s it…”

                “Oh really?” Kai asked, stepping closer to me. Now we were but a foot apart, Kai looking down on me from his towering height.

                “Mm,” I mumbled, stepping back. Unfortunately, I stumbled on the wooden leg of a chair and slipped backwards, desperately trying to regain my balance. My socks on the slippery hardwood didn’t help and my feet came out from under me.

                “Ay!” Kai exclaimed, leaping forward to catch me. He slung an arm around my waist, softening but not completely stopping my fall, and we ended up on the ground, both on our sides, facing each other.

                I blinked my eyes shut and when I opened them again I was facing Kai, my face barely a few inches away from his bare chest. Both of us sort of realized what we were doing, and rolled to get up, but, we both rolled the same way, effectively ramming my head into his collarbone and our bodies into each other. My face scrunched up from impact but it was more surprising than painful. I made a move to get up, but I couldn’t before I felt a hand grab my wrist and slam it into the ground above my head. With just one of his large hands he had both of my wrists trapped, one of his legs on either side of my body.

                “Yahh…” I growled lowly.

                He smirked at me. “You really shouldn’t have been insulting someone who’s so obviously stronger than you.”

                I let out a breath and turned my head to the side. “Let me go,” I demanded.

                But Kai didn’t, and he continued to talk instead. “You know…it’s almost like you wanted this to happen. Leaving yourself so vulnerable,” he mused mockingly. “You act so high and mighty but in reality, you’re still a girl, and I can still overpower you so—“ Well, I was getting bored of this. I brought my knee up hard and made direct contact between his legs. Instantly, he let out a pained breath and rolled off of me.

                I stood up, brushed myself off, then turned to Kai, who was still on the ground. “You know next time you should really restrain my legs, too. Leaving yourself so vulnerable, it’s almost like you wanted this to happen.” Kai looked up, venom in his eyes. I gave him a little grin. “Masochists these days,” I scoffed as I slipped my phone back into my pocket and left his apartment. 

 

--

that cute falling scene happens in like EVERY single one of my stories..XD haha...cant stay away..T_T"