"Letting you go without any expression, as if it's nothing - I practiced doing that every day but it's still awkward/ I think letting you go is more severe than dying" ~FT Island's "Severely"

He's My Teacher!

*ahem* i have to finish my summer homework...school starts in a week and i haven't even started T_T" so im sorry but this will probably be the last update for awhilee~ at least until I'm done with my homework...which could take anywhere from one day to the whole week I have...;asjkl once school starts I won't have as much time but I'll try my best to update! sorry ><

--

 

Monday, October 15, 2012

                “Heree you go,” Ahran handed me the rather bulky bag during lunch. “One, not­-spaghetti filled dress, courtesy of yours truly.”

                “Ah you’re the best,” I thanked Ahran.

                “So, that’s your homecoming dress?” L asked, eyeing the dark bag.

                Ahran nodded. “It’s so cute. She’s gonna look freaking gorgeous, you should see it, it’s—“

                L slammed a hand over Ahran’s mouth. “No. Don’t tell me. All I need to know is what color tie I need and then I’m good.”

                Ahran shoved L’s hand away. “What? Tie color?! Are you taking Hyemin to homecoming!?”

                “Um…didn’t you know?”

                Ahran eyes bugged out. “When did this happen?!”

                I looked away, stuffing as much food into my mouth as I could. L looked rather sheepish. “A week ago? I dunno…” he muttered.

                “Aish no one tells me anything around here…” Ahran muttered, calming down.  “Well, anyways, Kim-Myung-Soo, get excited. She’s gonna be a stunner.”

                “Not as much as my baby,” Chunji cooed, wrapping his arm around Ahran’s waist.

                I turned to L. “Let’s go buy some more food.” L nodded instantly and we headed up to the lunch lines.

                “They’re so…coupley…” L muttered, shivering.

                I laughed. “It’s cute for the first week…” We chatted as we bought more snacks, and finally headed back to the table.

               

                “Excited for the solo dances?“Ahran asked as we headed to class.

                “Meh…I’m sort of…ehh…” I shrugged.

                Ahran laughed. “Are you excited for anything, ever?” she asked.

                “I’m damn excited the end of the season track party is this Friday…”

                “Here’ s a thought: don’t be the absolutely perfectly talented girl and just don’t run track.”

                I pouted. “But…I would miss it…”

                Ahran laughed loudly as we entered the classroom and settled down.

                As soon as the bell rang Junhyung was at the front of the classroom. “Alright, guys, let’s get these solos started right away! You guys all know what’s going down, right? Mmkay, good, any volunteers to go first?”

                A few kids raised their hands and they performed one by one. Pretty much all of the songs were upbeat, fast ones so after awhile I raised my hand to go. Junhyung nodded and once I was up there, the song began. It was a classical piece. A freakin classical, straight up ballet-necessary song slid out of the speakers. I cocked my head and a pissed off expression settled onto my face. Like…what?! I eventually just rolled my eyes and did the best I could with my little ballet dancing skill. I did alright, considering everything, but I doubted it was the top two.  As I walked back to my seat I heard Kai and Junhyung discussing something quietly, but I didn’t pay attention to it and made a face at Ahran as I sat down.

                “You did fine. Really good, in fact,” she instantly comforted me.

                I laughed. “Please, don’t pity talk me…I was crap, but whatever. I don’t win; the world’s not ending…”

                Ahran nodded. “Great, now I’m scared to go…I don’t wanna havta dance to a frikkin slow song…”

                “You’ll be fineee,” I reassured her.

 

+++

 

                “Wow, sabotaging your own best friend’s chance at winning to keep her away from me, huh? Now that’s just a little bit sad,” Kai whispered to Junhyung as Hyemin walked back to her seat.

                “So cocky, acting like you already won,” Junhyung replied cooly.

                “Please, acting like you didn’t do that on purpose,” Kai rolled his eyes.

                “I didn’t, so quit acting like you know me so well.” To be honest, Junhyung did feel bad. He knew Hyemin would win if he had given her a song more to her style of dancing, and it’s not like the winners would be performing ballet up on stage, anyways. But it was impulsive. Seeing her spending so much time with Kai…irked him. In ways he couldn’t explain it hurt him. His eyes lingered whenever they were together in class and oh God he wished he wasn’t a teacher. During the summer they had spent countless hours together, just talking, hanging out. Junhyung shook it out of his head as he called on the next student.

 

+++

 

                I felt large hands cover my eyes lightly and someone whispered, “Guess who,” their breath tickling my neck.

                I squirmed out of their grasp. “Junhyung Oppa I know your voice by now,” I laughed, going back to cleaning the table I was at.

                Junhyung let out a small laugh, rubbing the back of his neck. “Well…it was worth a try…”

                “Mm, of course it was,” I agreed lightly.

                “I heard Hyemin didn’t win today in class.” We both spun around to see Key with his hands on his hips, tapping his foot.

                “Oppa! Please! It’s not a big deal!” I hissed fervently.

                Key gave me an expression filled with attitude, and then turned his look to Junhyung. “You. As her friend I expect you to take full advantage of your teacherly positions and help her in every way possible.”

                I laughed. “Oppa that’s the exact opposite of what teachers are supposed to do…”

                Junhyung looked sheepish. “I-I’m sorry Hyemin…Your song was ridiculous…”

                “Please, I’m fine. You guys act like I’m still 5, but I can handle not winning…”

                Key let out an audible breath. “Fine…fine…If you hate Hyemin or something I guess I understand…” he commented dramatically to Junhyung as he walked off.

                I laughed at his retreating figure. “Oppa, I’m seriously fine,” I said to Junhyung. I had been replaced in the top four by a girl with a model like figure, pretty face, and good dance moves named Nana, but other than that Kai’s prediction had been correct.

                “Are you sure? I still feel bad…”

                “Absolutely,” I responded with a smile. Junhyung’s pout stayed on his face, and I finally suggested something. “Okay…fine…you obviously have like, a super, beyond-normal sensitive conscious so we’ll ask L.” Louder, I called his name.

                “Mm?” he asked, walking over.

                “We have a probleemm~” I explained. “Junhyung here is being ridiculously guilty and thinks it’s his fault I didn’t win the mini competition we had in the dance class today. I wasn’t in the top 2 female dancers and now Junhyung’s blaming himself for some reason.”

                “Aand?” L asked.

                I shrugged, “That’s it.”

                “Hyung, you have no reason to be guilty. If Hyemin here isn’t the top dancer, she’s not the top dancer.”

                “Thank you.”

                “Alright, alright, I’ll buy you a cookie to make up for it.”

                “Consolation cookie?” I laughed.

                Junhyung nodded, reaching under the glass display. “Here, Miss Hyemin, I present to you your consolation cookie.”

                I laughed. “Really went all out this time, huh?”

                Junhyung shrugged. “Only the best for you.”

                “Wait, Hyung, what about me? I want a cookie…” L pouted.

                Junhyung grumbled something under his breath but simply took another cookie and handed it to L. “There, ya little punk.”

                L smiled angelically. “You’re the best Hyung,” he told Junhyung before heading off to do more work elsewhere.

                After awhile more I heard someone enter and looked up to greet the newest customer. “Kai,” Junhyung voiced my thoughts exactly.

                “Hey…what are…you doing here?” I asked, cocking my head at the newcomer.

                “Well I remember the service being a lot better before…” he mused jokingly.

                I smiled. “Sorry. What do you want?”

                “Do you still remember?”

                I let out a small laugh and bit my lip. “Of course~” I told him, ringing up the Vanilla Latte and red velvet cupcake. “To go?”

                “Nah, I think I’ll stay for a bit,” he finally told me, nodding his head.

                I smiled and got him the cupcake, retrieving the fresh drink from Key. After finishing up a few loose jobs I sat down with Kai, chatting casually as he ate and drank. Every so often he’d offer his cup to me and I’d take a sip as we talked. Finally, after nearly an hour he left.

                I cleaned up our table quickly, and was heading back when Junhyung stopped me. “I’m—I’m leaving now,” he blurted.

                I laughed slightly. “Aand? It’s not like you’ve never left the Cafe before.”

                Junhyung gave me a soft smile. “Yeah…Bye Hyemin.” He pulled me into a hug, wrapping his arms around my body and hugging me tightly. He pulled away slightly, twisted his face, and kissed me gently on the cheek. After that that, he left without another word.

                My fingers grazed the spot his soft lips had touched. It was sweet, but why?

 

+++

 

                That’s it. It’s too much. I’m done, I’m done. Junhyung squared his jaw as he exited the café. After seeing Hyemin interact with Kai all night, he couldn’t do it anymore. He wasn’t her friend; he had lost that chance when he accepted the job. He was her teacher, and she was much better suited for someone like her, a student, a classmate, a friend. Junhyung ran one hand through his hair as he drove, then slammed it down onto the steering wheel. Gripping the wheel fiercely he let out a shaky breath. I give up