"Don't Cry Because It's Over, Smile Because It Happened" ~Dr. Seuss

He's My Teacher!

oh what the hell, i might as well upload the final chapter....*shrugs* after all, my EFFIN HARDDRIVE MIGHT CRASH AGAIN BEFORE I CAN UPLOAD. 

--

 

Friday, May 17, 2013

                “You look gorgeous,” Junhyung said, fastening the chain with our couple rings around my neck.

                “Thanks,” I smiled up at him in the mirror, rubbing the ring between my two fingers. “You know… after today, I’m…done. I can wear this freely. And we won’t have to hide it anymore…”

                Junhyung let out a soft chuckle. “I think I’m kind of gonna miss avoiding you like the plague during dance…”

                I laughed. “You were so bad at that… You wouldn’t even make eye contact with me when I asked you a question.”

                “Well! How was I supposed to know any better! You, miss, were suspiciously good at keeping your cover…”

                I winked at him. “You weren’t my first boyfriend,” I told him playfully, standing up. “Youngmin, Yongguk, Key, we should go now,” I called as I walked downstairs. “Oppa, I’ll see you at Graduation,” I said, kissing Junhyung quickly on the lips before he exited the café and headed outside to his motorcycle.

                “Awh, Hyemin, I’m so proud of you. I remember my high school graduation…” Amber sighed, giving me a tight hug.

                I laughed. “Thanks, Unni. You and Key will have your college graduation next year.”

                “If this kid makes it to graduation,” Amber sighed, playfully hitting Key.

                “Oh bite me,” Key said, rolling his eyes as he grabbed her hand. “Now come on, Yongguk and Jieun are coming with us. You’ll go with Youngmin and Bom, kay?”

                I nodded. “Sounds good. See you guys all there.”

                Soon enough we also left, and I was in the auditorium at school. We were marched out to the football field, where the ceremony would take place, speeches were given, and then each name was tediously called. Finally, once the last student received her diploma, the crowds burst into thunderous applause.

                “Congratulations, Class of 2013, you made it,” The principal said into the microphone, and then all the students also let out their deafening cheers. Everyone tossed up their caps as parents filed down to take pictures and give congratulations. L came up to me, with Chunji and Ahran close behind. It was hard to believe I had only known these kids for one year. It felt like much…much longer than that. I just knew that I’d know them for much longer, too.

                “It’s…it’s over,” Ahran mumbled, and her eyes were shining with unshed tears.

                “Hey, quit that,” Chunji said, grazing his thumb over her cheek. “It’s not the end. It’s a new start. We’re going to University together, aren’t we?”

                “But…but Hyemin and L--!” she squeaked. It’s true, while Chunji and Ahran were staying together for college, L and I were attending a different school from them together.

                We chatted, parents coming up and friends taking pictures. Momentarily, my eyes met with Mr. Jang’s. I smiled, and he gave me a grin back, nodding once, a continuation, the final, to our last conversation.

 

                “So how are you and Junhyung?”

                “Uh—what? He’s-he’s my teacher…”

                Hyunseung laughed. “Please. I already know, there’s no use hiding it.” I blushed slightly, and Hyunseung continued. “Graduation’s in just a few days.

                I looked up, grinning. “Finally.”

                “You two…you two…don’t ever take advantage of what you guys have,” Hyunseung said after a short pause. “There are people like me, pre-determined players that nice, respectable girls just don’t seem to go for. And then there’s people like you and Junhyung, who are lucky enough to find the people they’ll spend the rest of their lives with.” I blushed at his words, not having thought about the future much. “Just…never forget that, okay? We had our fun,” here, I blushed harder, and he smirked at my reaction. “But you and Junhyung are real.”

                I gave him a small smile. “I’d like to hope so. But…Mr. Jang, thank you…for making my senior year unforgettable.”

                He returned with a solemn smile of his own. “Good luck out there, Hyemin. If there’s anyone that I know can make something of themselves, it’s you. So…shake on it? I would give you a hug but I think Junhyung would have my head.”

                I laughed a bit, still feeling indescribably somber. “Thanks, for everything…Hyunseung,” I said, grasping his hand.

 

                It was crazy to think a whole year had passed since I transferred here, and at the same time it was insane that these friends, these amazing people, and every wild event had happened in only a single year. The four guys I had spent the entire summer with all had new girlfriends, Café Pristine was doing incredible, and I was graduating. It was the end of so many things, but at the same time, I had a thousand new beginnings to look forward to.

 

+++

 

                I sat in the car, twiddling my thumbs, debating whether or not to send it. I read over it once more, overthinking every word and intonation of the simple text: “Hey! Happy Graduation! I know you weren’t there, but you deserve it just as much as everyone else. I hear you’re going to University. Not mine, but hopefully…one day…we can see each other again. Anyways, until then, I just want you to know I’m really glad I met you. And I hope you can say the same for me.” Hurriedly, I pressed send and got it over with.

                “Who are you texting?” Junhyung asked.

                “Just…a friend,” I responded, and he nodded. Kai was…just a friend. Maybe at some point he was more, and maybe now he’s not even that. I hadn’t seen him in so long…it was selfish of me to want to see him again, and I doubted he reciprocated my feelings. Sighing, I eyed the text, then deleted the number I had sent it to. But it’s not so easy to delete thoughts, feelings, and all I could wonder about was Kai, how he was doing, how he would do at University, and I finally decided that it had to stop. Because graduation was the end for Kai and me, but for just Kai, University would be his new beginning.

 

tumblr_mbhc4bCCwE1qiehw3o1_500.gif

--

haha..alright yeah. what i lost. i'll just get rid of it so you guys wont ever know what you're missing out on..but i am definintely contuining the kai afterstory<3

 

ALSO. to my lovely readers, commenters, subscribers, thank you sososo much! you guys dont even know how much you guys mean to me<3 this is the first story i've ever completed in my LIIIIFEE. its like the 300th i've started, though..XD anyways i just love you all. even though im so comparatively unknown on aff everyone who read, commented, and subbed this made me feel really happy, and i hope i was able to give you a bit of enjoyment as well as you read this^^