"Others try to stop me and say it's dangerous/ my heart has already been stolen/ I can't stop baby" ~X-5s "Dangerous"

He's My Teacher!

 

 

Monday, September 10, 2012

                I don’t know, it’s not like I expected a friendly greeting or for Kai to be so submissive to me like he was to the girl at the mall, but I guess I expected something more than our exchange. I walked into dance on Monday with Ahran and Chunji after changing, and when I saw Kai I let them walk back to their spots alone. I greeted Junhyung then went over to our TA. “Hey, Kai-ssi.” He looked over at me, eyed me up and down with a bored expression on his face, and then tilted his head at me, lifting his eyebrows, waiting for me to go on. What? This kid…This cocky little brat was really looking for...

                “Is there something you need?” he asked coolly.             

                I tightened my jaw, keeping any profanities in. “No…” I finally forced out. “Nothing. I…was just… stopping by to say hi. We’re the same year but I feel so distant from you.”

                “Probably because I’m a TA, and you’re…just a student.”

                 “Right,” I growled through clenched teeth. I was about to turn and leave, when I stopped myself. “You know, they must have lowered their standards for TAs, because you’re kind of a jackass, and I’m a better dancer than you. Have fun with your psychopath girlfriend.” Without waiting to see his reaction, I walked back to my spot. Partly for dramatic effect but partly because I was scared if I stayed another two seconds he would rip my head off…

                “What was that about?” Ahran instantly asked when I got to my seat.

                “Nothing…just…saying hi,” I murmured before the bell rang.

                “Alright, guys, today we’ll be talking about a dance style not many of you are used to. Ballet.” I heard groans around the room. Junhyung gave everyone a reassuring smile. “I know, I know, after reviewing your dance profiles there are only a few ballet dancers in here. But, it’s an important style and it can really help with other dances. Fortunately, our TA Kai here is a skilled dancer. Kai, if you will, I’d like to show a few basic moves for the class.”

                Kai smiled graciously. “Actually, there’s a better ballet dancer than I in here.”

                Junhyung looked surprised. “Ah….even if that’s true you’re a very capable dancer and it would be best-“

                “Please sir,” Kai continued. “I think she would be even better.”

                Junhyung sighed. “Uh…alright. Who is it?”

                Kai smirked at the class, but for some reason it looked like he was only staring at me. “Hyemin,” Kai answered, his crisp tone heard loud in the silent room. Oh. So there was the reason…

                “I’ve never danced a step of ballet before,” I responded instantly.

                Junhyung, knowing me, looked unsure. “Kai, I think it would be best if you just—“

                “Come on, Hyemin. Let’s see how polished your TA skills are.” His cocky, attractive—his cocky smirk was back on his face.

                “Why would you need my help if you’re such a good TA?” I responded, glaring at him. Half the class “oooh”-ed at my response, the other looked scared and nervous. Without giving Kai a chance to respond Junhyung stepped in.

                “Kai, Hyemin, out here,” he ordered firmly, stepping to a door to one of the practice rooms. I rolled my eyes and followed him, stepping around the students in the class. “Look, I really don’t know what that was all about. But obviously you two need to work something out. You two talk out what’s been bothering you, and I’ll do the demonstrations. To catch up and learn what we covered in class, Kai, you need to personally teach Hyemin, today, after school.” Without another word he closed the door and went back into the main classroom.

                “You’re a ,” I spat immediately.

                “Excuse me? I’m a what?” he spat.

                “A. . Oh, I’m sorry, or do you not know what that means since you don’t have one?”

                He glowered at me, stepping closer. “Look, I don’t know what you’re problem is, but you need to stop being obsessed with me. From day 1 you tried to befriend me, piss me off, make me feel comfortable, and then embarrass me. I’m damn sick of you always being around me. I. Don’t. Like you. I don’t need you in my life, and quite frankly, I don’t want you there. So back. Off.”

                Now it was my turn. “Excuse me? You’re are so ing self conceited. I tried to be nice to you, ‘cause I’m not a complete like you, I tried to befriend you, I’ll admit that. But I was never obsessed with you. I don’t know where the hell you got that, but please, get your head out of your and realize that the world does not revolve around precious Kai and his relationship issues.” I saw Kai’s jaw tighten. “Yeah, I know about her,” I growled. “That two faced you—“ Suddenly, his hand was on my jaw, squeezing me tightly.  His other hand was supported on the wall he had backed me up to, near my head. His eyes were dark and full of angry emotion.

                “Don’t talk about Krystal like that,” he spoke lowly, all the emotion in his voice almost scaring me. I tried to shake out of his grip, but he held on tightly. Finally, I gave up getting out of his grip and made him let go of me. Exhaling deeply, I wound up with my right hand and let a fist slam into the side of Kai’s face. He staggered back, holding his jaw, then finally straightened and glared at me.

                “Fine, maybe I shouldn’t talk about your precious Krystal like that, but you damn well should,” I told him harshly, taking advantage of his silence.  “She treats you like crap and openly flirts with other guys right in front of you while you’re the one treating her well and taking her out and buying her things. If I, if anyone had a sweet boyfriend like that, one that looked at them with as much love as you look at that girl, they shouldn’t be looking at other guys like she does, and they damn well shouldn’t be treating you like she does.”

                The fight seemed to have left Kai. “You don’t know…you…don’t understand,” he said softly.

                I rolled my eyes. “Damn right I don’t. I don’t understand you at all,” I spat, before leaving the practice room and heading back to the class.

               

                The bell rang and I slammed my locker shut, pissed off as hell. All day that damn Kai had been ruining my good mood…

                “Whoa whoa whoa, please tell me it’s the good angry that will make you run faster…?” L asked.

                “It would, if I’d be at track today,” I growled.

                L frowned. “What?”

                “Detention…kind of. I don’t even know,” I groaned.

                “, I’m sorry,” L apologized.

                I smiled lightly. “Not your fault.” We chatted on my way to Junhyung’s class before L left for track practice.

                “Hey,” Junhyung greeted softly when I came in.

                “Hi,” I muttered.             

                “Look, I’m sorry! But you two were like…having a breakup right in the middle of class...” Junhyung defended.

                I rolled my eyes and laughed. “Junhyung-ssi, that’s not very professional to be apologizing to a student,” I teased lightly.

                “Well guess you’re never getting another apology,” Junhyung smiled at me.

                “I never do anything reprehensible, so, I think I’ll be good,” I joked sarcastically.

                Junhyung laughed. “What a joke…So, are you guys…good? What was up before?” he asked softly.

                I shrugged. “Nothing…it wasn’t anything important.” Junhyung nodded, but his gaze lingered on me for a few more moments.  “Damn, where is that kid?” I mumbled.

                “Hey…language,” Junhyung commented.

                I scrunched up my face. “Sorry, won’t happen again…” I muttered half heartedly.

                I talked with Junhyung to pass the time, but after half an hour I was getting impatient.

                “He ditched,” I finally announced.

                Junhyung sighed. “Yeah….I know…”

                “Well, wouldn’t you? I wouldn’t be here if you weren’t my older brother’s best friend,” I groaned.

                “Fine,” Junhyung let out a long breath. “Just get out of here. He can just teach you tomorrow in class and you two’ll be partners. There’s one more girl than guy in your class anyways.”

                “What?” I gasped. “Partners? As in for a dance project? Whyy!?”

                “It’s called punishment,” Junhyung pointed out. “And you’re lucky, Kai’s a skilled ballet dancer.

                “But! Just teach me now! Let Jenny or Youngeun take Kai! They’d just about piss their pants if they got to dance with him!” I whined.

                Junhyung gave me a look. “Not happening.” He slung his bag around his shoulders, and I followed suit. “Now, want a ride home?”

                Breaking down, I couldn’t help but smile after a few moments. “That’s pretty inappropriate, you know.”

                “To give my good friend’s younger sister a ride home? You’ve done it a million times before,” he pointed out with a smirk.

                I laughed and followed him out the class. “You’re logic is flawless.”