"When love songs become sad break up songs I will listen as I think of you/I confess inside my heart/I will remember when I think back to the stories we shared/Is it really okay to just do what my heart tells me to do?"~BAP's "What my Heart Tells Me to Do

He's My Teacher!

wait...did i just finish typing this story on my laptop..? :OOO hahhaa im not sure...and i'm not gonna upload for a little while in case i wanna make edits, but i just couldn't help posting this one^^

--

 

Saturday, October 27, 2012

                I groggily opened my eyes; not recognizing my surroundings. Holy … The pounding in my head and my overly sensitive senses didn’t exactly make it difficult to realize what I had done last night. Where was I? I threw the blanket off of me, thanking God I had my clothes on; albeit a little bit messily. I stumbled out of the room and opened the door, the light coming from this next room blinding me. I blinked rapidly; it taking a bit longer to get my senses back. When I opened my eyes again I couldn’t believe who I saw; “Kai?” I croaked, my throat hoarse.

                “Oh, hey,” he greeted pleasantly, continuing to make breakfast in his flannel pajama bottoms and tshirt.

                “Why…? Why am I…?” My head throbbed and I stopped, pinching my eyes closed once again and leaning against the refrigerator.

                “For drinking as much as you did last night you sure don’t have as high a tolerance as I expected…”

                . Okay. Yeah, now I definitely remember faking an ID to get into a bar. I really haven’t drunk that much before…and I’d never been drunk before. “What…happened?” I asked with a little difficulty.     

                “Well, I don’t know how much you had drunk before I got there. But I came with some friends and it wasn’t hard to spot you considering you were grinding it up on the dance floor in a group comprised of about half the guys in the whole club.”

                I closed my eye again and crossed my arms. “And…?” I asked softly.

                “Well, I pulled you out of there and you kept on talking…”

                I winced. “About what…?”

                “Your conversation with Junhyung…”

                . “And?” I squeaked, forcing the word out of me.

                Kai’s voice was nearly as weak as mine by now. “And how much you liked him…more than a friend…”

                . “It’s not true.”

                Kai let out a small laugh. “Please. I’m not as stupid as I pretend to be…”

                “You…what happened…you took me…home?” I asked softly after a few moments of silence.

                Kai nodded slowly. “You were obviously drunk but kept wanting to order more so I finally dragged you out with the help of my friends. Got back in the car and took you home. You passed out right after you got on the bed. Got up a couple of times to throw up, thank God you didn’t do it anywhere else ‘cause I woulda murdered you.”

                I cringed. “Right…thanks…”

                “Well, breakfast is finished. Advil’s right there and you’re gonna wanna drink a lot of water…”

                I nodded and swallowed four tablets, ignoring any suggestions for doses. “And how do you know so well how to treat a hangover?”

                He shrugged and grinned. “I help my older friends a lot.”

                “Ahh…friends…” I murmured jokingly, beginning to eat. He had cooked a traditional American breakfast.  “It’s really good,” I told him after I had swallowed.

                He nodded. “Just one of my many charms.”

                “Mm of course. Normally I just have some—!” I leapt up, creating a massive headache in the process. “My brother!” Even though my vision was blurry I forced myself to the door.

                “Hey! Calm down! Wait!” Kai called, grabbing my wrist and stopping my retreat. “I called him. Don’t worry.”

                I nodded, the words barely processing in my delirious state. My ankles wobbled and the room titled.

                “Whoaa there,” I heard faintly as I tumbled sideways, being caught in a strong, warm pair of arms. A faint smile slipped onto my lips at the feeling of safety and security before I out once again.

 

+++

 

                Kai held Hyemin in his arms, admiring her delicate facial features. “God…” he whispered, pain and longing clutching at his heart. In all truthfulness, Hyemin had fallen asleep a lot earlier the night before; in his car. And he had nearly crashed staring at her face. It was something he could never get tired of. More than any beautiful painting or sculpture or work of art Park Hyemin was…captivating. He sighed, picking her up, once again marveling at how light and delicate she felt. For being such an athletic girl with such a big personality she felt small and vulnerable in his arms. He carried her back to his room and set her gently down on his bed. Kai sat on the edge of the bed, running his thumb up and down her forearm slowly, gazing at her face. “He’s lucky,” he finally whispered, leaning down to kiss her gently on the lips. This once, this once before her and Junhyung were as official as they could be in a student-teacher relationship, he would allow himself to give into the desire he had caved to just a few weeks earlier. Even though she reeked of alcohol her lips were sweet and soft, and it felt heavenly for those few too-short moments. “So damn lucky.”

 

+++

 

                “You are such an idiott,” Yongguk drawled when I woke up again.

                My head felt much better and my senses were clearer. “Eh?”

                “Getting such a hangover, staying out with a guy friend. You’re lucky Youngmin’s too busy blaming Junhyung to really get on your case. Otherwise you’d be dead. Be thankful Oppa knows how to take care of hangovers.”

                I blinked a few times. “…Ahh I ed up so bad…” I sighed, ruffling my hair.

                “Awh, don’t worry about it…” Yongguk said. “Believe me, we’ve aalll done worse. But anyways, you feel alright?”

                I sat up and looked around, stretching. “Yeah, I feel pretty good,” I responded.

                Yongguk nodded, helping me out of bed. “Good, because Key has a…uh…a surprise for you…”

                I groaned and opened the door, heading downstairs with Yongguk close behind me.

                “Hyemin!” Key exclaimed, clapping his hands. I lifted one eyebrow in shock; but I guess I really should have been expecting something like this… “Meet Marcie! She works at the boutique down the street. And that’s Jaemi and Haeyoung, they’ll do your hair… Dami is gonna be doing your nails, well, your hands—“ Key continued to introduce every single of the half to full dozen ladies.

                “Key! Wow…uh…thanks,” I muttered. “How did you even…afford all of this?” Along with the professionals he had introduced he had racks of accessories and shoes for me to choose from.

                Key shrugged. “Most of them are friends. As for the accessories I told my parents that I was taking my girlfriend out on a date. They reaalllyyy want me to get married…”

                I laughed loudly. “Oppa you don’t even have a girlfriend…”

                “Shh!” he insisted with a devious expression. “Anyways! Let’s get going—comee on,” he told me, pulling me over to an elaborate chair. For the next hours I was primped and primed; made pretty for the dance hours in advance. Afterwards my face was absolutely flawless with pretty, shimmery makeup, and my long black hair was curled with a waterfall braid going across the back of my head. I had my dress on with color blocked heels, and was perfectly accessorized.

                When all the guys, sans Junhyung of course…, came back to look at me the reaction was even more extreme than when I had gone on the…date…thing…with Kai. “My baby!” Key cried, hugging me. “Damn you’re so hot!”

                I laughed and pushed him off me lightly. “Yah, do you wanna mess everything up?”

                He smiled. “Aissh, that’s my girl.”

                “You look great, Hyemin. If you don’t win homecoming queen—“

                My mouth dropped open. “Oppa, how—how did you know?!” I certainly hadn’t told the guys…

                Key averted my look, scratching his head. “I need to check the temperature of that…you know…” he mumbled, walking off.

                I laughed. “Well…I wasn’t hoping…I was hoping you didn’t…”

                Yongguk laughed. “Yah, just shut it. It’ll be fine,” he said, giving me a hug.

                “You really do look gorgeous, Minnie,” Youngmin said, holding me at arm’s length distance, his hands on my shoulders. “Get knocked up and you’re disowned.”

                I laughed. “Oops, too late, you should have specified that before. Bye guys!” I called, quickly running out as I saw L’s car pull up. “Hey,” I greeted, climbing into his car.

                “I don’t know why you ran off…” Key mumbled, climbing into the backseat.

                Shocked at his voice, I spun around. “Yah! What are you doing!? Get out!”

                L laughed. “Calm down, I’m giving them a ride to Chunji’s.”

                “Why would they need to come to the pictures?” I asked L incredulously.

                “Why shouldn’t we come? Other people’s parents are gonna be there,” Yongguk pointed out as he and Youngmin joined Key in the back.

                “But not other people’s…you know!” I finally cried, exasperated as L pulled out.

                The guys laughed. “They’re cool, you’re the oonly one whose embarrassed, you know,” L pointed out.

                “Cool my …” I grumbled, but no longer protesting.

                We arrived at Chunji’s shortly later, stepping out of the car in awe at the gorgeousness of Chunji’s lavish home. Yongguk let out a long, low whistle.

                “Damn,” Youngmin chorused.

                “Eh,” Key muttered with a critical eye as we rang the doorbell.

                “Hyemin! L! Dang, you clean up nice,” Chunji greeted when we entered.

                I gave him a half smile and shrugged. “Well…you know.”

                “Ahh of course,” Chunji laughed, letting us all in. “And that’s your brother…?” he asked hesitantly, pointing in the general direction of all three guys.

                I laughed. “Yeah. The Pseudo-ginger’s Youngmin, and those are his friends Key and Yongguk.”

                Chunji nodded. “Cool, I’ve heard so much about you guys,” he said, leading us to where the rest of the people were.

                “Well…we are pretty awesome,” Key said, throwing his hand up casually.

                Chunji laughed. “Ohh yeah.” In the backyard most everyone was already there; milling about and chatting.  Some of my girlfriends came running up to me, squealing at how pretty I looked and how well L and I matched. I went along with it good naturedly, but after awhile I slipped back to Chunji.

                “Hey, Chunnie, do you know...like…who Kai’s going with?” I asked slowly.

                Chunji contemplated, finally answering, “I actually…don’t know. If it wasn’t for the dance thing he wouldn’t come…he tried to get out of it, in fact, but Junhyung was literally about to slit his throat. He’s been so tense lately.”

                Ah. Junhyung. Greattt. “Oh. That’s…surprising…”

                “Kai? Or Junhyung?”

                I bit my lip. “Both,” I finally settled on.

                Chunji nodded. “I know, I was shocked, too. At first Kai was all choreographing the whole thing himself and criticizing everything, and then this past week he’s been so…dead. Doesn’t care, agrees to everything. He’s still so good, don’t get me wrong, but his passion is gone. It’s…I dunno.” Chunji shook his head. “I…don’t know.”

                “Hey! Everyone’s here! Let’s go!” Ahran came up to us, pulling us back to the group of about four or five other couples. We took all the necessary group pictures, laughing as we messed up some of them. Afterwards we sort of separated to take couple or small group pictures. L and I posed for some for Key and L’s parents, but after awhile I was getting tired. I’m most definitely not used to smiling this much…

                “Hey, let’s get out of here,” I whispered to L.

                He nodded. “I was just about to say the same.” We headed over to a more secluded area of his backyard; sitting on the stones by the small, winding creek.

                “Can you believe its homecoming night?” I asked, leaning back on my hands and staring up into the sky.

                “That’s…It’s insane. It seems like school started yesterday. And I met you,” L said, playfully shoving me with his shoulder.

                I smiled and let out a happy breath. “I’m glad I came to SAA. As much as…it’s different…and old things changed…” One particular old friend in particular… I shoved the thought out of my mind, forcing myself to be happy. “Who cares about old ? I met some incredible people here…”

                L nodded slowly. “You know what ?”

                “Mm?”

                “Look at me and I’ll tell you.”

                Curious, casually, I turned to face L, and before I knew it his lips were on mine, his large hand heating the back of my neck where it had slipped under my hair. Shocked, my eyes flew open. It wasn’t…unpleasant. And L was certinally..erm…skilled enough. But it didn’t feel right…

                After a few more moments he pulled apart. Leaning his forehead on mine, he closed his eyes and let out a long breath. “Having to give up what you know would be the best thing to happen to you…”

                I cringed at his words, his warm breath sweeping along my face. “It’s just the best out of what you know right now. Better will come,” I finally whispered back, straightening up. I gave him my hand, helping pull him up. “But come on, I think we’re leaving soon. Off to Homecoming…”