"Whatever you do at wherever/Throw away your worries, anxieties and everybody clap your hands" ~2NE1's "Clap Your Hands"

He's My Teacher!

 

Friday, August 24, 2012                

                “Ah…that week went by so slow,” I groaned, leaning my head on my palm as we closed up the café.

                “I know just what’ll perk you up,” Key told me, putting his arms around my shoulders.

                I turned up to face him. “And what’s that?” I asked.

                “Let’s go clubbing tonight!”

                A smile lit up my face. “Yes! Let’s go!” I agreed, standing up straight.

                Youngmin shuddered behind us. “Why the hell would you invite someone’s younger sister to go clubbing?” he asked.

                Key pouted. “Come on, don’t be a party pooper, hyung. Of course Hyemin has to come.”

                “It’s 10:00! It’s her frikkin bedtime!”

                “She’s 18,” Yongguk said, putting an arm around my waist. “It’ll be fun, I’m in.”

                Junhyung came up to us. “I dunno if I should associate with my student,” he joked. “Youngmin we’re all going, come on!”

                Youngmin groaned. “God I have such friends… I’m staying behind, I’ve got paperwork to catch up on, especially with a new worker. Junhyung, I’m relying on you to keep an eye on my sister, okay?” Youngmin said, eyeing Junhyung threateningly.

                Junhyung nodded solemnly. “I’ll put Hyemin’s life before my own,” he told him.

                After that we all dispersed to go change. At 10:30 we all met back at the Café, Yongguk with his car to take us in. He was wearing a graphic tee with black and white tye dyed fitted jeans. Junhyung was in fitted khakis with an electric blue button up; the first few buttons undone and the sleeves cuffed up. Key was wearing white fitted jeans with a black vneck and red blazer. I had changed into black skinny jeans, sparkly white heels, and a sequined black crop top. Youngmin was still in his uniform. “Bye oppa,” I kissed his cheek and we all got into the car.

                “So, where to?” Yongguk asked from the driver’s seat.

                “Anywhere, “I instantly responded.

                Yongguk chuckled. “Alrighty, here we come,” he said, pressing on the accelerator.

 

                We arrived at Club Infinite about quarter to 11. I closed my eyes and sighed, loving the pounding music. I don’t know why, but I loved clubs. The loud music, the crowded dance floor, all those people out there trying to look their best. Something about them exhilarated me, and I felt at home here. Instantly, I headed to the dance floor. I was wearing more makeup today than usual; for school I only put on eyeliner and lip gloss. Tonight I had liquid liner winged out, a thin line of sparkly silver shadow above that, mascara, and red lipstick. Before long, I was dancing in a group of guys. When some of them got too touchy, I squeezed my way out, heading to the bar and getting a drink.

                While I was there, some guy tried to approach me. He was probably in his late 20s, and while good looking, definitely too old. “Why no alcohol tonight?” he asked me, biting his lip.

                “You never know what you might do after you’ve drunk,” I responded sensually. “I wouldn’t wanna do anything I might…regret later,” I told him, winking.  Yeah, yeah, call me a . I just thought it was so amusing. It was so typical what guys fell for.

                Now the guy seemed really interested. “With someone like me? Oh…you’d regret nothing.”

                I should probably find Junhyung again… “Well, too bad you might regret something. Like getting an 18year old drunk,” I told him, smiling. His mouth dropped open a bit and I left the bar. After not initially seeing Junhyung I shrugged and headed back to the dance floor, and before long was dancing with a single blond hottie. The way his body moved was incredible, and he was really good looking. After another half hour of dancing I fanned myself and walked back to the bar, hoping he wouldn’t follow me. I hoped for too much, and he kept trying to put an arm around me as we drank. I sighed heavily, then turned to him. “Excuse me,” I said in English. “I have a boyfriend.” In purposely accented Korean I enunciated, “Nam-Ja-Chin-Gu. Please excuse me now,” I said back to English. I was about to turn and leave when I felt his hand on my wrist. I spun around quickly. “Let me go.” This guy was getter worse and worse looking…

                Before I knew it, he pulled me into him, slipping a hand up the back of my loose shirt. I pushed him away, but he kept trying to grab me.  But before I knew it, I felt an arm go around my waist and pull me close. Ah…oppa… I thought, relieved. I figured it was Junhyung; he’s always looking up for me. But when the guy spoke, his voice, and not to mention perfect English, caught me off guard. He started in Korean: “Please, I’d appreciate if you kept your hands off my girl.” He then turned to me and said in English, “Are you alright, babe?”

                Knowing I couldn’t ruin the façade now I shook off my initial shock and looked up at the tall guy with loving eyes. “Yeah, I’m good, thanks, baby.”

                He squeezed me close and walked us away, the other guy fuming. As soon as we got out of eyeshot I slapped his arm away. He laughed as he looked at me. “What? No more thanks for your savior?” he asked, raising an eyebrow.

                “Uh…thanks…” I muttered.

                “You should watch out. Being alone at a club is like asking for random s to come and annoy you,” he warned. He had wavy brown hair and really good looking features. Something about him was vaguely familiar, but I shook it away. After all, these club lights and the pounding music weren’t exactly making my senses at their sharpest.

                “Yeah…and right now you kinda seem like one yourself,” I pointed out.

                He chuckled. “Let’s go dance. I’ll try’n prove to you I’m a gentleman,” he said, taking my hand and pulling me onto the dancefloor.

                I let a smile creep onto my face. This guy seemed nice…he gave off good…vibes…am I crazy? Soon we were dancing and letting loose, just having fun. Although we couldn’t talk much, he never tried to me, and his smile was comforting. I couldn’t help but notice how well he could move his body. Even in the crowded club his fluid, y movements attracted attention.

                Finally, we retired back to the bar. Exhausted, I fell onto one of the stools, and he ordered drinks for us. He handed me my cocktail and drank some of his beer. As he lifted his arm, a gold watch glinted in the lights.

                Hm, classy, I thought. Thinking about his watch, I suddenly wondered what time it was. A little bit frantic I pulled out my phone. “Hey I was wondering if you wanted to give me your—“ he started. ! 2:30…and 17 missed calls…

                Without even realizing I was cutting him off I leapt up. “Sorry! I have to go…I’m sorry! Bye~!!” I called as I ran off, phone to ear, calling Junhyung. He picked up quickly.

                “Finally decided to check your phone, eh?” he growled, his y voice quiet over the phone.

                “Eh…sorry oppa…”

                “Where are you, anyways? I was looking for you.”

                “Sorry…I was by the bar. I’m at the entrance now.”

                “Entrance? Okay…I’ll be there. Bye Hyemin.”

                We hung up and I waited outside for the guys. Before long I was getting cold, and started rubbing my arms for warmth, but soon after I felt a jacket fall over my shoulders. I looked up to see Key’s red blazer over me. “Thanks,” I smiled warmly.

                A half smile played at his lips. “No problem. Let’s get going though~”

                We all headed back to Yongguk’s car and he drove us home. Tired from the night we were mostly silent. “So what were you doing all night?” Junhyung finally asked me.

                I smiled sleepily, leaning against Key’s shoulder. “Just dancing. I met some guy…”

                “Pftt…try like seven guys. Every time I saw her she was with a new one,” Yongguk laughed from the front seat.

                “And you never once said hi to me any of those times,” I pointed out.

                “Eh…you were doing alright…” Yongguk quickly murmured.

                “Yeah, cause oppa had his own dancing partners,” I scoffed back.

                “Yah…stop changing the subject, “Yongguk told me hastily.

                I laughed sleepily as we got to the café. Shaking my head I woke myself up more. “Thanks for the ride, oppas. I had a lot of fun.” I was about to give Key back his blazer but he shook his head.

                “Wear it in,” Key told me gently.

                I nodded, smiling. “Thanks, oppa. Night guys~” I waved a hand as I walked around the building to the stairs that led straight to our apartment. Fumbling with the keys I finally unlocked the door and let myself in. Youngmin was at his desk, the desktop scattered with papers.

                “Hey oppa,” I greeted. “I’m going to bed~”

                “Night, Hyemin-ah~” he said absent mindedly. I quickly wiped away my makeup and brushed my teeth, falling asleep nearly instantly.