"Don’t play the cat-and-mouse game with me/Let’s become a bit more honest/Don’t make me jealous, don’t make be become obsessed" ~2NE1's "I Love You"

He's My Teacher!

 

okay guys, sorry this took sososo long. to be honest i've been really depressed lately. the hardrive to my laptop crashed and so i lost everything that i havent uploaded. sure, i only lost 10 pages in this story, but i have dozens of other stories i'd started, and i lost a TON in the kai afterstory and a lot of the planning and upcoming scenes i've written for deception and the deception prequel. that's why it's taken me so long to writethis! >< unfortunately, that means that i probably will only be finishing this story (1 more chappie) and maybe the kai afterstory and the rest of the stories on this account will take a loong time to update if i even finish them.  i just cant bring myself to write more ><

--

 

December 25, 2012

                I was awake before my eyes opened; aware of my surroundings before I saw anything. Aware of Junhyung’s arms wrapped securely around me, my back against him, his neck nestled against my shoulder. I finally opened my eyes and twisted my neck, setting a kiss upon Junhyung’s nose. He smiled and crinkled his nose before opening his eyes and glancing at me.

                “Hi,” he said, his voice deeper than usual.

                “Hey,” I giggled, turning around and grabbing his hand.

                He gave my hand a squeeze and started to say something before—“MERRY CHRISTMAS!” Key exclaimed, bursting into the room, a very tired and disgruntled Yongguk and Youngmin in tow behind him.

                I sat up, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes and smiled. “Hey guys, Merry Christmas,” I greeted.

                “See, I told you she was wearing a shirt,” Key said pointedly, looking at Youngmin.

                “You—what?” Junhyung stuttered, and I, too gave Key a look.

                “Oh, what? Nothing. See last night when we came in Youngmin was freaking out because—“

                “Breakfast’s ready downstairs. Come,” Youngmin growled, slapping a hand over Key’s mouth and dragging his away. They closed the door, but  I heard as they retreated, “What the--? You me!? The hell?! Are you seven?”

                I laughed, stretching as I got out of bed, Junhyung following suit. We both got ready for the morning, changing into day clothes and headed downstairs to where the three guys were already eating. We sat down at the table and Key instantly brought us plates heaped with delicious food.

                “So…what’d you guys do last night?” I asked politely.

                Youngmin, still tired gave me a dirty look. “What’d you guys do?”

                I rolled my eyes and let out a little laugh. “Oh, don’t pester them,” Key said, slapping Youngmin’s head.

                “Thanks, Oppa. By the way, the food’s delicious.”

                Key grinned. “Well thanks, only for you, Dear,” Key said playfully. “Jeez, Junhyung, calm down…”

                I glanced at Junhyung, and he did indeed look very miffed. Letting out a small chuckle, I grabbed his hand. “Sorry Oppa,” I apologized.

                “What was up with him?” Yongguk asked gruffly.

                “Oppa doesn’t like me calling other guys that…” I said, squeezing his hand as I glanced at Junhyung, who had averted his eyes in embarrassment.

                “Yong. Jun. Hyung!” Key exclaimed, and all the guys were laughing. “I never thought you’d turn into one of those clingy boyfriends…”

                “Yeah, Hyemin, what are you doing to the poor guy?” Yongguk asked, still chuckling.

                “Hey, it’s sweet,” I said. “Little things like that are the reason Junhyung has a girlfriend but none of you do,” I pointed out, giving them playful looks.

                “What? I’m sweet,” Key disagreed. “It’s Yongguk you have to worry about. He’s downright scary…”

                “What?” Yongguk growled, his voice intimidatingly low, just further proving Key’s point.

                Youngmin stifled a laugh. “Please, Yongguk, don’t hurt us!”

                “Aish, you’re so childish. No girl would date a kid like you,” he retorted to Youngmin.

                Youngmin instantly sobered, raising an eyebrow at Yongguk. “At least I never had rainbow bangs.”

                “For the last time, they worked on me!” Key exclaimed, slamming his utensils down.

                They continued to bicker back and forth, so my attention drifted to a particular ad in the newspaper. “Oppa, look at this,” I whispered to Junhyung, who tore his amused eyes away from the fighting guys and to the paper I was pointing at.

                He let out a chuckle when he read the advertisement. “Man, they would hate that…Are you gonna sign them up or should I?”

                I grabbed my phone, “Don’t you worry your pretty little head about it,” I winked at Junhyung, already dialing the number.

 

 

                “Ready boys?” I asked, glancing sidelong at the guys.  Junhyung and I were the only ones in good spirits, the rest mumbled half-hearted agreements. I laughed as Junhyung grabbed my hand and we exited the house.

                “Just relax guys, it’s only a little dating competition,” Junhyung explained.

                A gruff sound emitted from the back of Yongguk’s throat, but we ignored it. “Well, I for one am excited. It should be amusing,” I piped up.

                “Yeah, for you. You won’t be watched like some sort of zoo animal,” Youngmin mumbled.

                “No doubt about it,” I agreed happily. The walk wasn’t long, and after a few minutes we were in the town’s center, where a wooden stage had been set up and a relatively large crowd had begun to gather.

                “Alright, ladies and gentlemen, there are nametags up on the stage for contestants to make for themselves.  If you haven’t signed up yet, don’t worry, just come on up and we can get you in,” the MC said into the microphone, gesturing to the stage where people were gathering and crowding around nametag tables.

                “Who are you gonna be?” Key asked the other two. “I’m leaning towards Lee Byunghun or Rain. It’s really up in the air right now, though…”

                The two snickered and I promptly hit them upside the head. “Mess it up and you’ll pay,” I growled at them. Then I promptly left to go make the name tags for them. I hurried back, holding the three stickers and helping the guys stick them onto their jackets.  “Ready?”

                “I’m thirsty…” Yongguk announced. “I’ll go find a Starbucks or something and then be back. Riiight back,” he assured, hurrying off.

                “You know that little bastard’s not coming back, right?” Key asked, leaning in to me.

                I nodded, completely calm. “Mm, that’s why…” I pointed at Yongguk’s back, where a bright sign read, BANG YONGGUK, 23, FRIENDLY, FUNNY, SINGLE, AND NOT AS SCARY AS I LOOK.

                The guys instantly snickered. “With that advertising I’d be thoroughly shocked if he came back single,” Youngmin laughed.

                I shrugged. “He’s a friend, so I try my best to support him.”

 

+++

 

                “Stupid freaking…I don’t need help….I’m charming. God, I’m like…why am I single?” Yongguk mumbled fiercely to himself, kicking anything in his path away sharply.

                “I don’t know, maybe it has to do with the fact you describe yourself in third person with signs on your back…”

                Yongguk spun around, surprised at hearing the unfamiliar, but very pretty voice. Standing behind him was a girl with pale skin and teal-blue hair. “I—uh—what?” he finally stuttered, at a loss for words.

                The girl laughed, a pretty, delicate sound, before reaching behind him and pulling off the name tag. “So, Yongguk, you’re not as scary as you look?” she asked teasingly.    Yongguk blushed scarlet as he saw the sign. I’m going to kill her… he thought fervently. But before he had a chance to respond, the girl spoke again. “I’m Jieun. I assume you’re coming from that stupid competition back there? Er—sorry, it’s not…stupid.”

                “No no, it definitely is,” Yongguk hurried to agree. “My friend signed me up without…me knowing. So I ditched…”

                Jieun laughed. “Similar story. All my friends are soo happy with their boyfriends they think I’m some pity case,” she sighed.

                “I know. It’s so stupid…You shouldn’t have to set people up like that…let them find their own love!”

                “Right!?” Jieun agreed. “And honestly, I think we’re all grown up now, we can manage to ask someone out if we like them…”

                “Yeah, I know. If a guy likes a girl…he should just…you know. Be strong, ask her out,” Yongguk said, choosing his words carefully and glancing at Jieun to gauge her response.

                Jieun nodded slowly. “Yeah, yeah…I mean, it’s not like the guy is asking her to marry him. It’s just casual. Even if they’re not that close…say, they just met…he should still ask her out.”

                “’Cause what if the chance never comes again, right? In that situation, the guy should ask the girl out. Just to…get coffee or something.  And then…the girl…should…accept.”

                “Oh, but of course…that’s just the polite thing to do. And besides, the girl….probably likes him back. Hypothetically,” Jieun added quickly.

                “Oh yeah, of course, this is all just—what if.” They walked in silence for a few minutes before Yongguk slowed down. “So, Jieun…do you…wanna go get something to eat? Or…something?” he asked.

                A smile spread across Jieun’s face. “I thought you’d never ask,” she grinned, looping her arm around his outstretched one.

 

+++

 

                Lucky little bastard…I wonder if I could get out of this, too. Pretend to go to the bathroom or—

                “Get up there, Oppa!” Hyemin’s arm suddenly pushed Youngmin towards the stage, where Key was already trudging.

                “I really hate this,” Youngmin announced sullenly.

                “Really? I’m having a ball,” Key snapped as they took their seats on stage and received numbers.

                “Alright, ladies and gentlemen. To begin today’s competition—“ Youngmin instantly tuned the MC out, preoccupying himself with playing stupid hand games with Key. “For starters we’ll have Yoon Jia and Park Youngmin up.”

                Youngmin’s head shot up at hearing his name, and he looked around himself fervently. With a snicker, Key pushed Youngmin up to center stage, where a pretty girl with long, bright red hair was already waiting. Yoon Ji…a? Youngmin thought to himself, trying to remember the announced name. The pair stood looking at each other blankly.

                “Um, Y-youngmin-ssi, what are supposed to be…doing?” the girl leaned in and asked quietly, trying to prevent her words from reaching the prying ears of the MC.

                “Uhh…I dunno,” Youngmin finally whispered, but his voice picked up surprisingly loud near the MCs microphone and everyone in the crowd laughed freely.

                The MC gave the pair an annoyed look. “I just explained this,” she hissed around her mic.

                Youngmin shrugged, giving the MC an innocent look.

                In response, the MC just shook her head. “Alright, the Ji-min couple will first be completing the questionnaire.” Youngmin and Jia were ushered to the side of the stage as the MC went about calling the next couple. Youngmin and Jia were seated at two desks facing each other and handed pieces of paper and pens.

                “Ideal type…” Jia mused aloud as she read the questions. “Definitely a Hungarian backpacker with a pet turtle. The turtle part is necessary.”

                Youngmin’s head snapped up. Who knew girls these days were so…eccentric? “You…really…someone like that?” Youngmin asked, confused.

                Jia looked up, and instantly began laughing. “Oh, no, no, definitely not. To be honest, my friends and I…we always join these things as a joke. Truthfully this stuff is so stupid, and especially how some people really think it works. My names not even Jia,” she confided. “I’m Park Bom, nice to meet you,” she grinned, showing an adorable eye smile as she held out her hand.

                “Ah…Park Bom,” Youngmin muttered, shaking her hand.

                “Oh! Not to offend you! If, you know, you’re here for real,” she instantly back tracked.

                Youngmin shook his head. “No, no. My little sister…signed me up for this stupid thing…” he sighed.

                Bom nodded her head sympathetically. “Well, if you don’t take it too seriously these things can actually be sort of fun. Amusing, at least,” she shrugged. “Like this, how many kids do you want? I don’t know, like 27?” she smiled to herself then scribbled it down onto her paper.

                Youngmin laughed and began to write down his own ridiculous answers, occasionally reading them aloud to Bom and vice versa. Finally, a worker came up to them.

                “Hey, guys, it’s time to go back on,” she whispered to them.

                Bom exchanged a look with Youngmin, and then very, very solemnly she responded, “No, I don’t want to. This man is the love of my life. You’ve done excellent work, he’s my soul mate.”

                The worker looked stunned, but not disbelieving. “Oh- oh my! Congratulations! I’m-I’m so happy for you two. Please, by all means, just- just, I’ll inform everyone else. You two are free to leave!”

                “Thank you, sincerely, for helping me find my true love. I feel like I’ve already been to Heaven and back,” Youngmin added, grabbing Bom’s hand. Quickly, they left their seats and scurried off stage, walking down the street briskly, both laughing.

                “Oh my God it’s great how she didn’t even think that was suspicious or anything…” Bom laughed.

                “No kidding…I wonder if anyone actually finds someone there…” Youngmin wondered.

                Bom shrugged. “I honestly don’t see how they could. I mean, my friends and I have been to—shoott,” Bom sighed. “My friends are still in that stupid contest…” she seemed regretful leaving them behind, but she was also trying to hold back a laugh.

                “We can go back if you want. My sister and her boyfriend was in the audience,” Youngmin suggested.

                Bom looked at Youngmin, then grabbed his wrist and pulled him forward until they were walking side by side. “Nah, I think we’re good,” she responded, a delicate blush creeping onto her face as she stuffed her hands into her jacket pocket.

               

+++

 

                “Wow, and only a third returned,” Junhyung commented dryly as Key fumed off the stage and joined the couple once again.

                Hyemin laughed. “But hey, the other two haven’t come back. I’d say that’s a pretty good sign they’re having fun with whoever they met.”

                “You guys…I’m gonna kill you. I just wasted two hours of my life…” Key hissed.

               “Awh, I’m sorry, Key Oppa,” Hyemin apologized lightly, keeping back a laugh. “It seemed fun, though!”

               “Fun? Fun my …” Key growled.

               “E-excuse me, you- you’re Key-ssi, right?” a timid voice behind him asked. Key spun around to see a beautiful girl with long brown hair and big eyes. “I was watching you in the competition. I think it’s great that you did something like that. So romantic.”

               “Romantic?” Key scoffed. Normally, he might take the time and try to flirt with the girl, but he was too pissed. “Tch, yeah right. That’s downright stupid.”

               The girl looked a little hurt. “But—I saw you up there. You were so funny. And—“

               “And it was stupid. These things don’t really work, and it’s naïve of you to think that—“

               “Yah, cut it, would you?” asked a girl with short hair next to the first girl. She was wearing tough clothes and her expression was rough but something about her was still immensely feminine, just not as outwardly-so as her friend. “Vic’s just trying to be nice, so quit being such a jackass, okay?”

               Key glowered at the newcomer. “Excuse me? Who are you to tell me what to do?”

               The short haired girl shrugged. “I just don’t like douches to think it’s okay to act like that,” she snapped back.

               “Says the with the attitude,” Key responds sharply.

               “God, you’re so immature,” the girl rolled her eyes.

               “At least I don’t go around picking fights.”

               “Whatever,” the girl responded, grabbing her friend. “We’re leaving.”

               Key glared at the backs of the two girls, until Hyemin finally spoke up. “Well, Key, I’m glad you’ve met Amber, Café Pristine’s newest worker...”

               Key’s mouth dropped open as he gawked at Hyemin. “What? Youngmin hired a like that?!” he demanded.

               Hyemin let out a nervous chuckle. “I met her before. She’s sweet. As are you…it’s just put you two together…”

               “I’m always sweet, “Key snapped. “Whatever. Let’s get home,” he ordered, beginning the walk.

               Hyemin and Junhyung hung back. “So,” Junhyung started. “I bet they’ll be together by summer break. What’s your money on?”

               Hyemin let out a small laugh. “Spring break. Definitely.”