"Please be happy with him so that I can forget you/Please forget how miserable I looked/It’s going to be unbearably hard for me for a long while to come" ~Taeyang's "Wedding Dress"

He's My Teacher!

 

hoollyy shiiet~ i've written like 5chapters in like 3days in this story..and like actual, LONG chapters O_O" lalalal on such a writing high. here ya go loveliesss, some kai for yaa~~

--

 

Part II~

                When we stepped out of our cars I could hardly believe this was the SAA I had been at yesterday. The whole building was decorated in lavish, extreme decorations. It was…beautiful.

                “Ayy!” I heard a voice, and spun around to see Infinite greeting L warmly.

                “Hey guys, wussup?” L asked, smiling at his friends.

                “Hyemin!” they greeted me warmly and gathered around us.

                “Hey, why weren’t you guys at pictures?” I asked.

                “Please, people take pictures before dances because they look better than they do normally. We, however, look damn y every day,” Dongwoo explained.

                I laughed. “Oh but of course.”

                We headed into the gym, the inside being just as exquisite as the rest of the school. There was a DJ at the front, and the center was already crowded with dancing bodies. Along the edges were snacks and just outside in the adjoining room was a place to put jackets and, for the girls, their heels. I personally had shed mine as soon as we stepped inside…

                “Wow,” I let out.

                Beside me, L chuckled. “This is why Infinite chooses to come here every year,” he assured me.

                I smiled knowingly, and twisted my head to eye the Infinite guys. Surprisingly, it looked like a lot of them were getting harassed by girls. Well, I guess that’s not really surprising. “Who—are they?” I asked L.

                L glanced where I was looking and laughed. “Oh…those girls are their “dates.” You can only come to SAA’s dances if you’re the date of someone from here; so they all get a girl to get them in, then ditch them.”

                I laughed. “Heartless bastards…”

                “That they are,” L agreed light heartedly.

 

                After about an hour, around 8; the DJ called everyone’s attention to the stage. “Alright, alright, SAA students, a few of your peers have prepared some real special entertainment for y’all. You guys aren’t Seoul’s Art Academy for nothing!” he shouted, receiving a deafening cheer from the student body. “So please welcome eight of your classmates performing their dance routine! Kai, Chunji, Minzy, Nana, Taemin, Jongup, CL, and Hyoyeoonn!” I noticed that a lot of the dancers overlapped with the nominees for homecoming court; not surprising considering that usually the more talented you were the more popular you were here at SAA…

                Before I thought too much into it the disco lights turned off and the room was silent. Until a single spotlight lit up Kai, in a showy dance outfit, and their music started. It was an electronic song; with Kai starting out doing some popping and locking and hip hop. Then the spotlight enlarged for all eight students. Their routine was complex and mesmerizing; the different people and their individual dance moves fitting seamlessly into a beautiful routine. A few minutes later they finished with their end pose; dramatic, daring moves, and the gym erupted into applause. The cheers were deafening; and I’ll admit, I was a part of that. They really were…incredible.

                “It’s getting hot in here!” The DJ shouted into the microphone. “Once again, give it up for your fellow SAA students; Kai, Chunji, Minzy, Nana, Taemin, Jongup, Cl, and Hyoyeon!” The students cheers spilled out once again; an impassable wall of sound as the eight filed off the stage. I saw Ahran greet Chunji, hugging him and pulling him in for a kiss. The rest of the performers were all similarly greeted, but I noticed Kai, although surrounded by a group of people, didn’t go to anyone in particular. I guess he really had come alone simply for the performance…

                “Hey, I’m gonna go say hi to Kai, alright?” I told L, and he nodded solemnly.

                I pushed my way through the hot crowd of bodies until I finally reached Kai. “Hey,” I greeted, a bit breathlessly.

                He looked at me and smiled; but his eyes were still sad. “Hey.”

                “You guys were awesome,” I told him honestly.

                He smiled and looked down at the floor. “Junhyung’s here…”

                I stiffened. “Oh…well, he is chaperoning…” I stated, trying my best to be casual.

                Kai let out a mirthless laugh. “Please, Hyemin stop that. Stop denying that you like him, when he clearly likes you back. It’s adding insult to injury for the poor rejected second male lead over here…”

                My body went rigid when he said that, and my thoughts flew back to that day in the dance practice room when he had told me about his history with Krystal.

                And right now I’m the tragically beautiful second male lead who never gets the girl.

                My heart thudded loudly in my ears, overpowering the sound of the loud music, as I realized; he was no longer talking about Krystal. Had he ever been?

                My throat hoarse, I finally spoke. “You can’t be rejected if you never try.”

                Kai let out a small laugh that sounded more like a scoff. “Oh believe me, there are more ways than just that to get rejected.”

                “So…who are you here with?” I asked, the words barely making it out of my dry, scratchy throat.

                “I uh…broke it off with Krystal.”

                My eyes flew open. “You—you, you…what?”

                Kai nodded, looking away. “It finally clicked. After all those years of being her servant…I don’t know…I just…I realized that there are other girls out there…”

                . It’s just a guilt trip today, now isn’t it? “There are, Kai. You’ll find someone better than her, someone better than…than anyone you might like right now.”

                “See? There’s one.”

                I cocked my head at him. “A—what?”

                “There’s a way to get rejected without confessing. The indirect, pity rejection.”

                I instantly felt my face get hot. “I—I wasn’t… That’s not it, Kai…”

                He smiled, it was oddly peaceful. “Its okay, Hyemin. Don’t feel bad. If anything, once I get over…whatever is going on in my heart right now…at least I got over Krystal. I got rid of my one biggest sin. You’re my savior.”

                I gave him a genuine smile. “I’d do more if I could…”

                “But you don’t need to,” Kai told me, giving me a soft, kind look. “Just—one last thing for me, okay?”

                I nodded. “Don’t let me go through all this pain in vain. You better never be unhappy with him—ever. Okay?”

                “There’s no him—“ I tried to explain.

                Kai cut me off. “Please…promise me.” I chewed on the inside of my lip, trying to decide what to say. “Hey, quit biting your cheek and answer me, would ya, Princess!?” Kai told me with a playful smile.

                Guiltily, I ran my tongue over my bottom lip. “Right…right. Okay, I promise,” I told him softly.

                He smiled. “Well, we better leave it at this. My will power’s not the best, you know…”

                I let out laugh despite the situation. “Bye, Kai-ssi.”

                “Bye, Princess,” he said, giving me a wink as he turned around and walked away. I watched him retreat until he was lost in the sea of students, before turning away myself and heading back to L. That plan didn’t last long, however, before someone blocked my way.

                I looked up, surprised when the person in front of me didn’t move, and was barely able to let out a strangled word at the sight; “Junhyung.”

 

+++

 

                Kai left the gym, exiting the whole school itself. Hyemin…if there was anyone he could have his heart chosen to be broken by; it was Hyemin. She was incredible about it; cool, collected, easy going and easy to deal with. Unlike how him and Krystal had ended…multiple times…

 

                That was definitely her voice. My hands trembled, and the gorgeous roses lost more and more of their petals. “I mean, why was he even accepted? He’s not talented, and he’s only sort of good looking. Like, God, SM must be getting desperate.” Sulli laughed, that high pitched giggle dripping with aegyo.

                “Unni don’t be so mean to your boyfriend. I don’t think he’s that ugly.”

                Krystal scoffed. “Take him. Maybe if he cheats on me it’ll give me an excuse to break up with him.” Sulli laughed again. I backed up to the wall, clutching my jacket over my heart. The bouquet of her favorite flowers, tied with her favorite color ribbon, was dropped carelessly to the floor as I slid down the wall to a sitting position. It was hard to breath and my muscles were rigid. While I was so foolish to love her earnestly…she was like this? I really couldn’t breathe, something was compressing my heart and chest, and I just wanted it to stop. I wanted everything to stop.

                “Unni are you meeting up again with Jaeyoung oppa tonight?”

                “Mm,” Krystal said. “Kai thinks I have practice.” Krystal smacked her lips together in the bathroom.

                “Unni you’re a genius,” Sulli giggled.

                A genius? More like a pyscho, I thought, still not believing what I was hearing. Her words hit me straight on, leaving my heart pounding and me feeling like I was about to vomit. Leaving the flowers on the ground I got up slowly, and started walking away. The farther I got down the hallways, the faster I ran. As I sprinted through the doors my tears finally escaped. 'She made me cry…that made me cry,' I thought bitterly, the tears streaming down my face now. But even as I called her every insulting name I could think of, I still felt affection for her. I still loved her. I knew that.

               

                The first breakup. Kai hadn’t told her he knew…he just ended it. Leaving everyone thinking he was a bastard. But he had taken it; his new earned reputation and all the whispers and rumors; he had taken it for Krystal. And when Jaeyoung broke her heart…without a second thought he had taken care of him.

 

                “Oppa!” she shrieked, and I turned, expecting her to come and embrace me. But instead, she ran straight into Jaeyoung’s arms, caressing his face, bruised and bloodied at my own fist. “Oppa!” she sobbed, hugging him. “What the hell is wrong with you?” she spat at me. “We’re over. You broke up with me. You mean nothing to me, so leave me, leave us, the hell alone and mind your own. Damn. Business.”

                My heart broke at those words. Again, for the umpteenth time. Every time I saw her in Jaeyoung’s arms I wanted her. And then I saw her tears, and my heart broke again. And now…this. My breaths came shorter and I blinked, trying to clear my head. Slowly, with everyone’s eyes on me, I turned around and walked away. ‘You are my business, Jung Soojung. Ever since you came into my heart and made me feel like this, you’ve been my business.

 

                Kai shook his head, smiling at his foolishness. As crazy as it was, that harsh rejection was nothing compared to the pain he felt now; being rejected in the kindest way possible by an amazing girl. How could he have wasted so much damn time on a girl like Krystal when there were girls like Hyemin out there? And then he realized…there weren’t. There weren’t other girls like Hyemin out there; there was only Hyemin.  God, self pity gets me nowhere, he sighed, pulling himself away from the wall he had been leaning on.  Where to, now? He asked himself dryly, as his feet carried him away from SAA. And the thing is? He didn’t know.

 

--

kaaiii...3 T__T" so im thinking/sort of started a kai afterstory/side story (for once THIS story is finished). think i should continue/write/upload it? it's sort of like a sequal for what happens to kai after his part in this storryy~~

 

AANNNYWAYYSS~~ junhyung nextt!!