"What is it about that person next to you, did he make you cry?/I am worried, I feel anxiety because I can't get close nor try to talk to you/ Don't look back and leave/ You're my all" ~Big Bang's "Haru Haru"

He's My Teacher!

 

relatively shortish chapter..but important(:

 

Friday, September 21, 2012        

                The whole week had been sufficiently…crappy. Kai didn’t bring up his past with Krystal at all so I didn’t mention it even though it was eating me alive, Junhyung continued to “help” us during class every single day, and yet wouldn’t come to the Café at night. I just needed to talk to him! So by Friday I was fed up, to say the least.

                “God I’m gonna…he won’t…my in—“ I murmured angrily as Ahran and I walked out of Dance class.

                “I know! Me too,” Ahran pouted.

                “You…I…Junhyung?” I finally sputtered.

                Ahran cocked her head at me, surprised. “What? Junhyung? Why would I care about him?” she asked.

                I blinked, confused at her. “So…who did you say “me too” about?” I asked.

                “Oh. You were complaining about someone. I just assumed it was Chunji…”

                I laughed. “Oh. And so what complaints do you have about Chunji?”

                “He’s such a good dancer!” she instantly whined. “I don’t know how but suddenly he’s a freakin ballet professional and he keeps pissing me off with it! And that way he smiles at me when he’s trying to help me…God I just wanna punch him.”

                “Ah…right…” I murmured. Finally Ahran was starting to like Chunji. Even if she wouldn’t admit it. “So, go on about him.”

                Ahran nodded. “Well, for starters, it’s the most annoying thing that all these girls come up to him during class and “ask for his help.” And then he just stands there flirting with them for ten minutes! And it’s like…hellooo focus! And the way he smiles at them just leads them on so they stay even longer so they can just stare at that freakin gorgeous face of his and watch him work that fine body in the iest way possible as he flips his freakishly perfect hair—which, by the way, is seriously weird how he keeps so perfect because he’s freaking dancing. God. What the hell is up with that!?”

                I couldn’t help but burst out laughing. “Ahran, when’s the marriage?” I gasped between giggles.

                “What? Whose?” she snapped.

                “Uh…yours and Chunji’s.”

                “What?! No! EW! And why would you even go? I’m surprised you don’t hate him after all those things I just told you.”

                “And I’m surprised your still trying to deny it after all those things you just told me.”

                Ahran frowned. “I don’t like him. He’s an idiot, anyway. He’s a flirt and a player.”

                “Eh? A player?”

                Ahran huffed. “He went out with my friend awhile ago. They were the cutest thing before—ah, I’ll tell you the story later, okay?” Ahran told me as we parted ways.

                “Wait—I’ll--!” But she was gone down the opposite hallways. I sighed; what was up with people getting cut off in the middle of good stories?!      

 

                “You seem a little…tense,” L said as I glared at the dishes I was clearing.

                “What gave it away?” I growled.

                “I had to rely on my excellent people skills since you were so sweet today,” L told me jokingly.

                I lightened up and smiled. “Sorry. I just…really need to talk to Junhyung about our…dance.”

                “Ahh…” L nodded, so obviously not buying that “dance” thing…

                We worked in relative silence for awhile more until the end of our shift. We closed up the store and I went to my room, changing out of my uniform and into yoga carpis and a hoodie.

                “Hey, Youngmin, can I have the car?” I asked as I came downstairs.

                “Whyy?” he eyed me suspiciously.

                “Oh calm down I’m not wearing a cocktail dress under this. I just wanna go see Ahran.”

                Youngmin nodded. “Sure. You know where the keys are.”

                “Yup, already grabbed them, thanks!” I called as I pulled the keys out of my pocket and headed out. I had only been to Junhyung’s a couple of times, but I was pretty sure I could find my way there. Ah, there it is, I thought satisfied as I saw the classy apartment building where he lived. Remembering which room he was in would be the real problem…

                I parked Youngmin’s car then headed into the building. “Hi, Ahjussi, I’m here to visit my friend,” I told the man standing at the desk in the lobby area.

                “Sign in. What room number?” he asked, handing me a pen.

                “Ah…you see, I’m not quite sure. He’s sort of forgetful and won’t pick up his phone. Could you please check which room number Yong Junhyung lives in?” I asked.

                The man looked sort of pissed off but looked it up. “3C,” he answered. When he realized what room number it was he gave me an odd look. “Just one for the two of them?” he murmured.

                I vaguely wondered what he meant, but chose to ignore it. “Thank you so much,” I grinned, signing in. I headed to the elevator and quickly went to the third floor. C…C… I thought as I passed some doors. When I arrived I stood outside for a few moments. To be honest I wasn’t even sure if he was home. If he went out partying or to a friend’s tonight I would feel…quite stupid. I took a deep breath before just it up and knocking on the door. A few moments later I heard some faint steps.

                “Who is it?” Junhyung called.

                “It’s…um…me—er Hyemin. It’s Hyemin,” I called awkwardly. Junhyung pulled the door open an eyed me.

                “Ah…Hyemin. Why are you here?” he asked, taking up the little space he had created between the door and the wall.

                “I—I just wanted to talk,” I told him, getting suspicious.

                “Oh. Okay. What about?” he asked.

                “Well, I was hoping to talk…you know, inside the apartment,” I muttered.

                “Well, I mean what is it that—“

                “Yah, who’s there?” Two words: Jang. Hyun. Seung. Three words? Debatable… “Hyemin?” Hyunseung asked, seeing me standing at the door.

                “Oh! Hi…Mr…Jang…” I greeted halfheartedly.

                “Er…hi, Hyemin. What are you doing…here?” Hyunseung asked. “You wanted to…talk to Junhyung?”

                “Yeah! I mean…he knows my brother. And my brother asked me to drop…this off!” I pulled that excuse out of my as I pulled the first thing out of my pocket to hand to Junhyung. “So…Jun…hyung…here is your…Hello Kitty phone charm…”

                Junhyung graciously accepted the broken charm from me. “Ah! Thank you, Hyemin! I’ve…really missed this. Tell Youngmin thanks, okay?”

                “Oh. Of course. Will do. Bye…Junhyung, Mr. Jang…” I spun on my heels to leave, about ready to curl up and die.

                I heard them talking and Hyunseung laughing while I walked away. Seriously. That had to have been the worst way that could of gone. Why in the world was Hyunseung there?!

 

+++

 

                “So…want to tell me why your student was knocking on your door at 11:00 at night?” Hyunseung asked with a dryly amused tone.

                Junhyung groaned. Why hadn’t Hyemin texted him a heads up, first!? With a sinking feeling he realized he probably wouldn’t have checked it anyways… In response to Hyunseung he simply held up the old Hello Kitty charm. “Hello,” he pointed out.

                “Cut the crap, Junhyung,” Hyunseung told him firmly. “What’s up between you two?”

                “Nothing more than you two,” Junhyung shot back. “At least I’m not out on dates with her every Saturday night.”

                Hyunseung’s jaw tightened. “So you saw us?”

                “How often do you take her out? How far have you gone? Huh?” Junhyung demanded viciously.

                “Yah. I don’t know what the hell your problem is. I saw her that night and she was crying, so I thought I’d be a gentleman and help out.”

                “She…was…crying?” Junhyung asked, softly. Hyemin…he had known her for years. She hardly ever cried. What had happened?! The thing with Kai was what he assumed, but he didn’t even know the whole story…and he sure as hell didn’t know that Kai had made her cry…

                “Yeah. She was. So I made it up to her. Made her smile. Is that a crime?”

                “Do you even take her seriously?” Junhyung asked. “She isn’t a joke. She’s not some you can mess around with.”

                “And why do you assume that’s how I see her?” Hyunseung asked coolly. “Besides, she’s not someone you can mess around with at all. She’s a student.”

                “Practice what you preach,” Junhyung returned.

                Hyunseung shrugged. “Sure. Gladly.”

                Hyunseung’s casual personality was really starting to piss Junhyung off. They had grown close in the weeks since school started, but he sure as hell would give that up in a heartbeat to protect Hyemin… “I’m serious. You can’t toy with her feelings. Got it?”

                “Whoa, whoa, whoa, who are you to tell me how to treat her? What are you? Her father?”

                Junhyung’s hand curled into a fist at his side. “I know you guys already kissed. If you’re going to take her lightly don’t lead her on.”

              “I’m not leading her on. If she falls for me, I don’t blame her, but you can’t blame me, either. Anyways, I should get going,” Hyunseung said, standing up. It took everything in Junhyung to not spin him around and punch him as hard as he could. He let out a trembling breath as he saw the door shut behind Hyunseung. As he thought about how awful he had treated Hyemin he fisted his shirt above his heart. I will protect you.