"You're too good...You need to be loved, you have that right/[Someone who] will treat you special [is] here right now" ~Verbal Jint's "Pretty Enough"

He's My Teacher!

 

 

haha..yeahh...so the song lyrics I used for the title were for a girl being sung by a guy...and I had to change that...so sorry if its kind of awkward...I might change it later..XD

 

Saturday, September 8, 2012

                I woke up to my phone ringing loudly. I cringed, squeezing my eyes tighter shut, but finally picked up. “Hello?” I croaked.

                “Sorry, did I wake you up?” asked L, concern in his voice.

                I shook out of my sleepiness. “Yeah, but, but don’t worry about it. I’m awake now. What’s up?”

                “Wondering if you wanted to go…um…shopping.”

                “You…sh-shoppping…what?” I finally stuttered in response. To be honest, it wasn’t something I thought I’d hear from L. On the other side of the line I could practically hear the blush in his voice.

                “I mean! Like…I need help. I’m performing with some of my friends tonight and they insisted we needed to get clothes. And so I thought maybe you could help us.”

                “Performing?”

                “Um…sort of like a band. I guess. Not really.”

                I laughed. “So you’re in a band?”

                “Not really,” L insisted. “We’ll pick you up around one? You’ll meet the guys in the car, but you’ll be fine. They’re nice kids.”

                “Sure, alright, see you then. Byee~” I called to him, and we both hung up.

                I brushed up and washed my face, then changed into white shorts, a bright purple tank top and oversized black hoodie. I yawned as I walked downstairs and greeted the guys. “Hey, my friend’s picking me up at 1, kay?” I informed them.

                “What? Didn’t party enough last night?” Youngmin asked pointedly.

                “What?! You went to a party without me?!” Key exclaimed overdramatically.

                I smiled at his reaction. “Oh, it wasn’t anything much. And I’m just going to the mall with L today,” I reassured Youngmin.         

                “Don’t you have any girl friends?” he asked.

                I rolled my eyes. “Yes, I do. You met Ahran.” I sat down at the counter and grabbed some pastries Key brought out to me. We talked and ate until I got a text: Hey, we’re here. “Alright, I gotta go now, bye guys!” I called as I exited the store. Outside I recognized Sunggyu’s car. L hopped out of the passenger side seat and opened the back door for me. Already in the back was a thin, feminine looking guy with big eyes and straight brown hair.

                “Hyemin, that’s Sungjong, Sungjong, Hyemin.”

                “Hi~” Sungjong greeted politely.

                I smiled back. “Hey. So, where are we going?”

                Sunggyu responded from the front seat, “The mall over by 59th. L suggested you could help us get outfits.”

                “You three?” I asked.

                “Well…there’s four other guys. They’re coming separately. But yeah, us,” L responded.

                “So…what exactly are you guys?” I asked.

                L glanced around the car. Finally, Sungjong spoke. “Think of us as…an idol band. Sort of.”

                I cocked my head at them, wanting more explanation. L sighed. “Okay, it’s like this. All of the seven of us go to or graduated from performing arts high schools. Because, you know, their arts schools it’s suggested to do small performances or whatever. The seven of us have been friends for awhile, so we’ve done little gigs. I’ll play guitar, Sungjong takes piano, whatever other instruments we need the other guys cover, and we’ll do songs. We also do some dance competitions so…I mean…we’re not a real anything.”

                “We’re Infinite,” Sungjong contradicted, attitude in his voice. I smiled at his diva personality. “We call ourselves Infinite, “ he explained to me. “Sunggyu hyungs the leader, and we just do little things.”

                “We’re really more a group of friends with a name than a band…” L muttered.

                When we arrived at the mall we met up with four other guys, all good looking and tall. There was the one with dark blue hair and big lips, the super tall childish looking one, the one with the brown fohawk and  y smirk, and the good looking one with black hair. They were quick introductions, but as we went shopping for clothes it was easy to get along with the guys. Soon all of us were joking and laughing loudly as we tried to find outfits for them. Sungjong would continually suggest sparkly, flashy clothes, and get shot down, the one with the fohawk only like purple things, and the one with black hair kept getting distracted and telling cheesy pick up lines to passing girls. We had chosen some red and black outfits, and were just heading to get some ice cream when my mood dropped considerably.

                “No, those things have like a million calories! What the hell is wrong with you?! Do you want me to balloon up? This…is not my idea of a good time.” Ugh, that girl again? I groaned. What, does she spend every waking minute at the mall? And why did her whining and rude comments have to ruin my perfectly good day? I saw the Infinite boys exchanging looks, but we all still got in line.

                “Sorry,” the guy who was with her muttered, and he sounded so pitiful and sincere. I rolled my eyes, what kind of an idiot would stick around and be treated like that by a girl like that?

              “Well, come on, let’s go, oppa. You can buy me something else to make up for it, let’s go back to that jewelry store,” the girl heaved a dramatic sigh and spun on her heels, walking past us.

                The guys of Infinite were too absorbed in choosing which flavors they wanted, so I was the only one that noticed that “oppa” was Kai. My mouth dropped open from shock, but I quickly regained my composure. “Hey, guys, actually, I’m gonna pass on the ice cream, I’ll go check out some jewelry for you guys.”

                “Whaat?” Blue Haired Big Lips whined. “Why?”

                I shrugged and smiled. “Sorry, guys. Meet me there, okay?” L looked like he was about to come with me, but I wouldn’t let him, and walked in the direction of the store.

                When I got to the place, I instantly saw Kai and the girl, and stayed far away enough not to be noticed but close enough to eavesdrop.

                “Oppa, I like this one,” she said, pointing a long, bejeweled nail at a display case. “Won’t that look fantastic on me?”

                “Yes, it’s gorgeous, it’ll match you. Want to get the matching earrings?”

                “Awh, yes, oppa, you know me so well!” she said, affectionately kissing Kai’s cheek. He only had a stupid grin, his cheeks turning pink.

                Who the hell was he? Cause the Kai I knew, well, I barely knew him, but still!, the Kai I knew didn’t act like a lovesick puppy, and he definitely wouldn’t let anyone boss him around like that. I can’t believe he had such an awful girlfriend…But as I watched a young, male worker come up to help them, I started to wonder what exactly their relationship was. Because she was plainly flirting with the worker, and Kai just stood off to the side, not saying a thing, only letting her giggle her little throat raw and touch that worker in every place she could without getting charged for statutory …not that the guy minded, of course. What really confused me was how sad Kai looked. He looked so helpless, his eyes heartbroken and speaking volumes from the caring way he stared at that girl. Finally, they paid, and I turned around, facing a rack of earrings. But before they left I heard seven unmistakable voices talking quite loudly. Since Kai and his girl…person… were past me I turned around, facing Infinite with Kai and the girl between us. I desperately tried to stop L from greeting Kai, but instead I heard, “Hey, Kai?”

                “Oh…L…” Kai murmured, sounding disheartened.

                “Kai, who’s this?” the girl stated, twirling a strand of her hair around her finger. Oh, so your precious boy toy isn’t good enough to be called “oppa” anymore? I noted with disgust.

                Kai looked visibly uncomfortable. “He’s….in a dance class I take,” he finally answered.

                “Ooh, a dancer?” she asked, stepping closer to L. Now L looked uncomfortable…

                “Mm…yeahh…”

                “Well, Mr. Dancing Boy, Kai and I were just shopping. You and your friends,” she scanned the group and bit her lip when she saw the black hired boy, “Wanna join us?”

                “Uh…we were actually here with…someone…” L started, scanning the store. When he saw me his face lit up, and filled with relief. “Hyemin! There she is!” The girl spun on her heels and spotted me. When she did she turned her chin up and looked away. Awkwardly, I joined the ever growing group at the front of the store.

                “Heyy…guys…”

                “Yup! Here’s Hyemin!” L threw his arm around my shoulder and hugged me tightly. I saw the girl’s jaw tighten.

                “Well…she can…join us, too,” the girl forced out.

                L and Kai both looked like they badly wanted to protest. But since none of them were doing anything…I sighed, not wanting to be an enemy of this girl, but it looked like I had no choice. “I’m so sorry, but we actually can’t. These guys actually have to help my mom make dinner…”

                She narrowed her eyes at me. “Oh…well…I’d hate to take all your boyfriends away from you…”

                I grimaced inwardly; she was not going to be fun to run into again… “Sorry, my cousins are just really close to my mom, so they help out a lot.” There! That’s good, now I wasn’t a , or an enemy to miss 24/7 PMS, only very lucky to be born with so many hot family members….

                The girl’s expression softened. “Oh. Alright. Well, hopefully we’ll see each other again,” she winked at L and then strutted off, swaying her hips way more than could be physically comfortable, Kai trailing behind her, holding multiple bags.

                “I can’t believe Kai is…associated with a girl like that,” L commented as soon as they were out of earshot.

                “I can’t believe he got a girl so hot,” Purple muttered.

                L gave him a weird look. “Dude…”

                Purple shrugged, but The Tall One backed him up. “L don’t even try to deny it…she was hot.”

                “Are you kidding? Hyemin’s hotter than her.”

                “Noo way, man. That girl…damn,” the Black Haired One instantly contradicted.

                “No, I think Noona’s prettier, too,” Sungjong piped up.

                “You’re blind. Hyemin’s pretty, but that girl was hot,” Blue Haired Big Lips said.

                I just stood there, avoiding my attention from the heated argument that had arisen. “Let’s hypothetically say Hyemin’s a 10, which I’m not denying, but anyways, that girl’s like…a 12. No, I’d bump her up to 13. No offence.” Finally, someone took notice of me.

                “Can we just go home?”

                All seven boys stared at me, and then relaxed their heated argument. “Ah…yeah, sorry about that,” L muttered, rubbing the back of his neck.

                I smiled. “No worries.” We all walked to the parking lot. When we got to the car though, L came into the back with me. Sungjong looked happy enough to piss his pants. I was curious about the position switch until a few minutes into the ride when L looked at me intensely.

                “Seriously. You’re way prettier than that girl,” he told me solemnly.

                I looked at him, and then began laughing. He looked kind of peeved but I couldn’t help it. “You seriously thought I was affected by that whole…debate of yours? L, seriously, don’t worry. It’s not a big deal.”

                Now he looked a little embarrassed. “Well…if you’re not mad then I guess it would be easier to invite you to our show tonight,” he said softly, averting his eyes.

                A smile slipped onto my face. “Are you kidding?! I’m there. When and where?”

 

                I climbed out of the car with the Infinite boys. The night air was dark and cool as we walked into the building, the pounding music heard from outside. Some workers ushered us into the back area, where the guys met in a small room. They had arranged for me to come “backstage” with them.

                “You guys ready?” I asked, smiling. We were at a sort of club for high schoolers, at which a bunch of groups did little performances.

                The black haired one slung an arm around me. “Babe, do you think I’m ever not ready?”

                I laughed. “Mm I’ll take that as a yes…”

                Before long they were being ushered onto the small stage. When they were announced the noise doubled from all the screaming fangirls. I was sort of surprised that they were so popular… Although, as I watched the performance I saw why. They sang and danced tonight, and they were amazing. Their complicated choreography was perfectly in sync and their voices were all amazing. As I gazed at L I saw a side of him I didn’t know. His gaze was piercing, and he seemed so into the performance.  When they came off, to deafening cheers, I ran up to them.

tumblr_m6aqj94PVv1r4iklmo1_500.gif

                “You guys are like…professionals! That was amazing!” I gushed, hugging L. His face was slick with a thin layer of sweat, but his scent was still clean and masculine.

                “Hardly professionals, but thanks, Hyemin,” he grinned.

                “I should really find myself a girl to bring to gigs,” Blue Haired Big Lips murmured as he walked past us.

                I laughed as we headed back to the room. I went out to the club first, and they changed. Soon enough all of us were out on the dance floor having a good time. After a few hours I headed off to get some drinks, and L followed. “So we were good?”

                “Amazing,” I replied honestly. “I had no idea you guys were so good.”

                He smiled, looking cute and innocent. “Thanks, it means a lot…” he said softly.

                I smiled. “So…tell me why I haven’t heard about Infinite before?”

                L looked at me. “Is that your stealthy way of saying you’re standards are too high for us?” he asked with a playful look on his face.

                “Are you kidding? You guys are way too good for me. You need some hotter girls to be your groupies,” I told him, and he laughed. “But some real reasons,” I insisted.

                He leaned against the counter. “Let’s see…probably the school you went to. The groups that perform at these little clubs are usually more known around the arts schools. And, we’re not even the most popular group…”

                I nodded. “Mm…” For the rest of the night we just talked, joined the rest of the Infinite boys for more dancing, and hung out in the upbeat atmosphere. We finally left close to 2AM, all slap happy from so much energy.

                “Hyemin…you…are a fun person,” The Tall One told me.

                I laughed. “You guys aren’t so bad yourself,” I responded.

                “Come hang out with us more! L, stop keeping her to yourself!” Purple scolded.

                L rolled her eyes. “’Keeping her to myself’? I brought her shopping today…”

                I laughed at their silly arguments. “Of course I’ll join you guys.”

                “Promise?” Sungjong insisted, holding out his pinky finger.”

                I eyed it, smiling. “But of course,” I told him, linking mine with his. And with that promise I climbed out of the van, back home, successfully ending the day I met Infinite.