"I don’t know how to stop, a forward rolling bulldozer/Don’t say anything else, you’re too good to lose/You're my girl" ~F.I.X.'s "She's My Girl"

He's My Teacher!

okaay guys this is an actually new chapter! the last two you may have read because AFF was glitchy, but this one is actually a new one! :D

--

 

Friday, October 12, 2012

                I hurried out of homeroom, grabbing L’s hand and running through the crowded hallways. I pulled out the chocolates I had carefully placed in my bag and set them down at Ahran’s usual spot. Looking up I saw the rolled up poster on the window of a second period classroom and the few kids that were gonna let it down.

                My phone buzzed with a text from Chunji: Ahran there yet?

                No. When you see the poster being unrolled then come. I sent back. I typed a draft of the “Now” message on my phone to the guy who was in charge of the poster so I knew it would be unrolled in time.

                After a few more minutes Ahran finally came into the lunchroom.

                “Hey guys,” she greeted cheerily. When she noticed the box of chocolate her eyebrows crinkled. As she opened the box, with “Look Up” written on them a smile spread across her face. I sent the message as she eagerly glanced up. The poster was huge, with bright block letters spelling out “Ahran~ Homecoming!?” Ahran squealed when she saw it, and then spun around when she felt Chunji tap on her shoulder. He held white roses and pink, white, and red balloons.

                “So?” he asked with a happy smile.

                “Of course!” she grinned, throwing her arms around his neck. All of us burst into applause, and before long the rest of the cafeteria was too. Even if they had no idea who Ahran was or didn’t even see the poster the fact that everyone else was clapping was enough.

                Ahran and Chunji were especially coupley the entire lunch, their hands never parting from the other. I looked at L, with whom our relationship hadn’t changed in the slightest and we both let out a small, knowing laugh.

               

                “Alright, guys, I’ve got some exciting news,” Junhyung announced in dance class. “And it has to do with a certain upcoming school dance.” At that the hushed mutters grew excited. “With the past few classes exploring a variety of dance that was a sort of precursor for the auditions we’ll be holding on Monday. On that day you’ll get a random song and for one minute will have to freestyle. The top two guys and top two girls in both my and Mr. Jang’s class will put on a special routine at the dance, and the tickets for you and your date will be paid for. Oh, and there’ll be some extra credit, too.”

                “Huh, sounds like a nice deal,” I murmured.

                “Yeah, for you, cause you actually have a chance of getting in, “Ahran scoffed.

                “Ahran, so do both you and Chunji.”

                Ahran pouted. “I dunno…”

                “Anyways, questions?” Junhyung asked.

                “What are we doing today, then?”

                “Anything. You can practice dancing, I’ll let you guys use practice rooms, you can just socialize, ask me for help, however you want to use this period is yours.”

                “So, what are you gonna do?” I turned to Ahran.

                “Probably practice with Chunji. Head to a practice room~”

                Yeah, they’ll be all alone in a practice room dancing

                “You can come if you want!” Ahran hurried to add.

                “No, it’s fine. You guys go,” I insisted, and soon they were off in their own room.

                “You, me, Chunji, Minzy.”

                I spun around to face Kai. “What?” I asked, not understanding the significance of the names he just listed.

                “The winners. For this class. They’re gonna be you, me, Chunji, and Minzy,” he enunciated.

                “How do—that’s—did you rig it?” I inquired, confused.

                Kai let out a small laugh. “You’re dumb. No, I didn’t rig it; Junhyung would never go for that. We’re just the best dancers in class.”

                “I—not…we’re…you’re—but, I mean—“ I sighed, stopping to collect my thoughts. “You can never be too sure.”

                Kai shrugged. “I guess. So how much do I get if it’s the four I named?”

                “What? Nothing. No! It’s not a bet, I never agreed to anything.”

                “Hey, I never agreed to your bet about Chunji and Ahran.”

                “Yeah, and you never gave me the ten bucks, either.”

                “Where are they, anyways?”

                I rolled my eyes, ignoring Kai’s untactful subject change. “Chunji asked her to homecoming. They’re off having their honeymoon in one of the dance practice rooms.”

                “Hm. How?”

                “Poster in the caf. Didn’t you see it?” Actually, come to think of it I never saw Kai during lunch… “Wait…what…when do you have lunch?”

                “Same as you. I just go out for it,” he responded.

                “Is that….even…allowed?” I asked, cocking my head in confusion.

                Kai shrugged. “I walk out with Junhyung, we go our separate ways, I come in later, and no one questions it.”

                I shook my head. “That’s…mm…” I let it drop and the conversation lulled. “Are you asking anyone?”

                “Homecoming? Who do you think?” Kai asked pointedly.

                “Ah right…Krystal…” I murmured.

                Kai nodded. “You know it would make my life a whole lot easier if you didn’t have so many hot guys in your life and keep running into us with them.”

                “Excuse me?” I shot back. “It would make my life a whole lot easier if you didn’t tell my brother and his friends about our late night escapades! You don’t even know how bad I got teased for that.”

                “Late night escapades, huh? Well, that insinuates a whole lot more than what I told them…” he noted with a smirk.

                “If you ever utter that phrase again, so help me God, I will murder you.”

                “I don’t think God would help with that…” Kai mused lightheartedly.

                “I think he might…if he knew our situation.”

                “You know, I stiiill don’t think a girl trying to hide her hook ups from her brother is enough to break a commandment.”

                “Hook ups? What story are you listening to?” I asked, screwing my face up in disgust.

                “The one with late night escapades,” Kai clarified sarcastically.

                “It’s crazy how everything you do manages to piss me off in some way,” I finally told him evenly.

                “And it’s crazy how you’re the exact opposite of my ideal type,” Kai sighed dramatically.

                “Oh in what ways?”

                “You’re a potty mouth, you’re not pretty or tall enough, you don’t sing, you don’t have a pretty personality, you’re tempers too much, you’re not cute, have no aegyo but at the same time can’t be y either…well you have the long straight hair part down, I guess,” Kai answered.

                “Oh don’t worry, you’re nothing like my ideal type, either,” I spat.

                “Oh? In what ways?” Okay now he was just mocking me…

                “Well, for starters, you’re kind of a douche, you’re not a charming guy, I prefer earrings, you’re not strong, you’re not a good dresser, and you don’t play sports. Plus, your hairs kinda gross. Try dying it brown or something.”

                “Not charming? Okay, now I know you’re just making things up,” Kai sighed.

                “Please. I’m more charming than you.”

                “Please, don’t joke. Who asked you to homecoming?”

                “Actually, L did. Last night.”

                “Ohh did you head to his place for some late night fun, too?”

                “What? No. We were working!”

                Kai shrugged. “Oh. Alright. That’s nice.”

                “Has anyone ever told you you’re bipolar?”

                Kai contemplated my question. “Including your or not?”

                I rolled my eyes. “I really doubt that—“

                “We fight too much.”

                “We—fight—what?”

                “We fight too much,” Kai repeated evenly. “It gets tiring. Let’s just stop.”

                I shook my head in disbelief. “Seriously…bipolar…”

                Kai smirked. “We could just continue with our little discussion.”

                “No. I wanted to punch you. Again.

                Kai let out a small laugh. “You have anger issues.”

                “I’ve been told.” Kai laughed and I continued. “So how are you asking Krystal?”

                “I dunno…flowers?” He let out a heavy sigh, sitting down. I, too, sank to the ground.

                “Oh yeah. Roses. That’s got the wow factor Krystal demands. And I actually mean she demands it, not she deserves it.”

                Kai let out a dry laugh, shaking his head. “I really wish you wouldn’t insult her so openly in front of me. It makes it difficult.”

                “Difficult?”

                Kai blew a raspberry, clasping his hands around his knees that were bent up. “Everything you say…is true. And yet, I still like her. It’s annoying. It’s frustrating.”

                That was significantly not sarcastic and or insulting…now I felt kind of bad… “I’m…I-I’m sorry. It’s not a sin to love someone…it’s not a bad thing. No matter who it is, you don’t have to fight it.”

                Kai nodded slowly. “She’s not the only one I’m trying to stop falling for…”

                “So what’s my TA up to?” Junhyung asked loudly, clapping his hands firmly on Kai’s shoulders.

                Kai jumped a bit, and then turned his head to look back at our teacher. “Talking with Hyemin about the dance and stuff.”

                “Ahh…the dance and stuff…” Junhyung murmured. “Sounds….class-related.”

                “Yeah…you know me; I’m a star student…” I added.

                “And I don’t believe that because A) I know you, and B) I could hear your guys’ conversation.” 

                Kai stiffened, I doubted Junhyung knew about Krystal. It was pretty embarrassing for me, too. It wasn’t like we’d been talking about anything bad it was just…embarrassing. “I’m dancing to a song about love,” I told him casually. “You know. We were getting in the mood.”

                “Getting in the mood…for love…” Junhyung mused, obviously toying with my wording.

                Kai closed his eyes slowly and shook his head. “Yeahh…you know…Dancing…” I continued, my voice higher than normal.

                Junhyung laughed. “Just get back to work…”

                “Of course,” I responded, giving Kai my hands to help pull him up. “Kai you wanna get a room?”

                “No.” Instead of Kai’s casual response I heard Junhyung’s swift reply.

                “No…?” I asked Junhyung, who now looked slightly embarrassed.

                “I mean…there’re no rooms left. Sorry,” he hurried to explain.

                “Oh...kay. That’s fine,” Kai responded.

                I nodded. “Yeah. Whatever. “  I tapped the back of my fingers on Junhyung’s cheek. “You blush too easily to be a guy,” I lightly as I walked past.

 

+++

               

                Junhyung sighed, leaning against his podium. Nobody needed him right now, so he was by himself in the front corner. He still felt uneasy around Hyemin ever since he admitted to himself that he liked her. And after Hyunseung told him that Hyemin had been crying after the…date….thing with Kai he couldn’t for the life of him figure out what their relationship was. One part of Junhyung wanted to punch Kai for making Hyemin cry, but on the other hand they had seemed to be so close and friendly. Especially since Chunji and Ahran got together and have been partnering up for so much they hung out a lot. I have only myself to blame… Junhyung sighed deeply, wishing he could have taken back the day he paired Hyemin and Kai together for ballet. He could easily have made her partners with some other, unattractive guy who she wouldn’t have gotten so close with…

                “So, Junhyung, Teacher-nim. “Junhyung turned to face a smirking Kai.

                “Uhm…yes?” Junhyung asked, not exactly feeling the most comfortable with Kai looking as devilish as he did.

                “Hyemin, huh?”

                Oh God what the hell is this kid trying to pull…”Yeah? Anything about her?”

                “Oh I don’t know. I just figured out how much you actually like her.”

                Junhyung felt his heart stop, and his legs turn to lead. His thoughts slowed to a stop and he could hardly get his mind around the words his student teacher had just said… “E-excuse me?” he finally choked out.

                “I’m not the devil, I won’t tell anyone or anything. And even if I did it’s easily deniable. I just thought I’d let you know that I knew.”

                “That’s—that’s ridiculous. She’s my student, that’s completely inappropriate.”

                “She’s your student from 7-4. Any other time she’s just another friend. I know you guys know each other,” Kai explained patiently. “And that you’re good friends. Hyemin and I are fairly close.”

                 “I—I still don’t have feelings for her.”

                “Oh really, I know you’re the teacher, but I’m not an idiot. Denying it won’t change my mind.”

                Junhyung swallowed, contemplating the conversation they were having. “Why…are you telling me this?” he finally asked.

                Kai shrugged. “I just thought you should know if you have competition for the girl you love. I promise you, Junhyung-ssi, it won’t be easy to beat me.”