"Tonight, such a beautiful night/We're back again one more time, don't stop, let's play!" ~BigBang's "Tonight"

He's My Teacher!

 

Monday, August 27, 2012

                “Here! Before you leave!” Youngmin called, handing a chocolate croissant to me.

                I nodded and opened my mouth. Cringing jokingly he stuck it in my mouth. I hurriedly grabbed my backpack then waved to Youngmin and the guys as I left, a muffled phrase escaping my lips. After I had sprinted out the door I finally slowed down and took the pastry out of my mouth, chewing slowly. Monday, school again, and I was late. I gulped my bite down and continued with my brisk walk to school.

                “Hi,” I gasped breathlessly as I fell into my seat.

                L gave me an amused look. “Late?” he asked.

                I nodded. “Slept in,” I sighed.

                “What did you do over the weekend? Have a party?”

                “Went to a club Friday night…” I muttered.

                L raised an eyebrow. “Your 18. If that.”

                I grinned brightly at him. “Which is why it’s my first year visiting said club,” I told him.

                He smiled but shook his head as Mr. Jang came into the room and the bell rang.

 

                “We’re starting our first project today!” Ahran squealed excitedly. We had already changed and were heading to dance.

                I nodded. “I’m nervous.”

                “I don’t know why,” Ahran told me. “Your freestyle was amazing. And did you see Junhyung-ssi’s? God he is damn fine…”

                I laughed. “Did you see Kai’s? I had no idea that awkward boy could dance,” I said, shaking my head.

                Ahran shrugged. “I knew he could.  I mean, he is the TA. Not to mention all those rumors.”

                “Rumors?” I asked, cocking my head. I hadn’t heard of any rumors.

                “Yep. Kai~ the dancing machine,” Ahran nodded. “He’s been gone the past two years, he’s a senior like us and he attended freshman year here, but for sophomore and junior he was gone. Some say he studied abroad, some say he got in trouble for something and got sent away, but what most people believe is that he was an SM trainee. SM, can you believe it?!It’s the most likely, anyways, a few people said they had connections there and saw him. But anyways, why he came back this year is apparently he got into a fight, a serious fight with some other trainee over a girl. He had a good chance of debuting, too, then he just ruined it beating some guy to a pulp over some girl. What an idiot,” Ahran sighed, shaking her head regretfully. “But yeah…he’s a crazy amazing dancer.”

                “Huh,” I said, letting all the information sink in. “That’s crazy… Who-who was the girl?”  

                Ahran shrugged. “Like I know. An ex I heard, but I don’t know anything about her.”

                Too bad, I thought to myself. Aloud I only said, “Guys are stupid…”

                Ahran nodded. “Amen to that. Doing all that just for a girl? Pftt…wait hey do I have anything in my teeth?” she suddenly stopped and asked, baring her teeth at me.

                I laughed as I ducked my face away. “No, you’re good.”

                “Okay, good.” She popped a mint into . I eyed her, raising an eyebrow. “Sorry, you can’t have any. They’re super expensive and the only reason I bought them was so my breath would smell good for this class. Oh hey, also, do you think Junhyung-ssi would like this flavor gum? I’ll see if he wants any today,” she asked, holding up a new pack of gum.

                I couldn’t stop my laughter. “You’ll be fine~” I told her, rolling my eyes as I pushed her into the class.

                “Hi, Junhyung-ssi,” Ahran said, smiling shyly as she waved daintily to him.

                “Oh get to your spot,” I rolled my eyes.  

                Ahran sent me a death glare before sitting down in the back. She was wearing black spandex and a loose white tank top with a bright blue sports bra underneath. I rolled my eyes as I realized how much time she must have taken specially choosing that outfit. I was in long black liquid leggings and a loose purple crop top. The rest of the class filed in as the bell rang. Kai and Junhyung were both in workout clothes, too: Kai was wearing black fitted sweatpants and a sleeves gray hoodie. Junhyung was in gray sweatpants and a bright blue tshirt. “Alright, guys. Choosing groups today,” Junhyung announced once everyone was in. “Groups of 4, at least one member of each in the groups~” he called out. The class instantly nodded and scurried off to find groups. Junhyung had pretty much crushed all of the girls’ dreams of him being in a group with them, so they hurried to be in a group with one of the hot guys in the class.

                I glanced at Ahran, and she nodded. She gestured to a quiet boy, and he came over. “Hyemin, this is Lee Chanhee, he goes by Chunji though, which is stupid,” she added, rolling her eyes. “But he’s a good dancer, and we need some testosterone in this group. Not that he really counts but Junhyung-ssi will accept it…” she muttered.

                I laughed at Ahran and wondered what relationship she had with Chunji. He was a tall, lean guy. Slim but definitely muscular, and he had long, light brown hair and dancing brown eyes. He was really good looking. “Alright sounds good. But we need a…” I glanced around the classroom, realizing everyone had already formed a group of four. “Fourth…person…” I muttered. Ahran had her nose scrunched up, looking at the class, and Chunji was also taking in our surroundings.  “Oof course,” I sighed. “Teacher-ssi!” I called loudly, waving my arm at where Kai and Junhyung were standing. “We only have three people is that okay?!”      

                Junhyung strode over, with Kai behind him. “Ah…and why is that?” he asked.

                I gave him a look, used to joking around with him at home. “Um…cause we have no friends…?” I asked, thinking what a stupid question that was. Hell, it’s not like we just chose to not get a real group together.

                Junhyung frowned at me, and I couldn’t help but smile back. He sighed. “Alright, Kai, will you join this group?”

                Ahran’s eyes fell as Junhyung himself didn’t join our group, but every other girl instantly twisted their heads toward us, their eyes livid with jealousy. Kai nodded silently, emotionless as usual. “Yeah, I’ll do it.”

                From across the room a girl in a ridiculously low cut tank top raised her hand. “Junhyung-ssi, isn’t that not fair? They get a TA in their group!” she whined, and many other girls nodded their heads.

                “We’re working on group dances, so it has to be like this, “Junhyung responded calmly. “I’ll grade them strictly and make sure Kai does none of the planning.” The girls looked peeved but dropped it, disappointment all over their faces.  “Alright, send someone from your group to get practice room keys!” Junhyung called, walking back to the front of the room. The dance classroom we were in now was carpeted except for the front ¼, which was polished wood. All the walls were wipe board and on 3 of the 4 walls of the classroom were three doors, each leading to different dance practice rooms. Ahran happily skipped over to Junhyung for our key.

                “Why do I feel like she’s not volunteering just to help the group out,” Chunji muttered.

                I laughed. “Probably cause she’s not. Why she’s so obsessed with Junhyung Oppa is beyond me.” ! I instantly thought. He’s not Junhyung oppa at school. Chunji and Kai both gave me a look but I quickly continued on a different topic. “Oh look! Which room number, Ahran!?” I asked slightly desperately as she came back.

                Ahran gave me a look but handed the key over. “2A.” We headed over to the room and nervously turned the sound system on. Junhyung said that a CD was already in the player, and that’s what song we’d be choreographing.

                A fast paced pop song blared out, and all of us seemed relieved with the hip hop we’d surely be doing.  After we listened to the whole track I began discussing. “Okay, so let’s figure out what everyone can do. Obviously this is a faster paced song. So I’m thinking mostly hip hop. Any bboyers? Tutting? Popping and locking?”

                Ahran put a finger on her lip. “I can do hip hop. I can tut well and pop and lock, but I’m definitely not a B-girl.”

                I nodded. “Yeah, I’m similar. You guys?”

                “I bboy a little. Tutting’s my thing. Anything else I can manage,” Chunji told us. I nodded and turned to Kai.

                “I can do anything.” I cocked my head, wanting a further explanation. Kai rolled his eyes. “Just what I said. I can do any type of dance, and I can do it well,” he told us simply.

                Didn’t expect him to be so cocky…I thought. But whatever, that was good, right? “Alright, sounds like we’ve got some good talent then,” I commented, and we began planning the choreography.

 

                I stretched my sore muscles as I walked home with L. “God, I could just fall asleep right now,” I sighed.

                L nodded, running a hand through his black hair, wet from having just showered. “Hell to the yes. Coach is really trying to kill us.”

                “No kidding. You know, if you wanna take the day off, feel free. If I were you I wouldn’t be here,” I told him as we reached Pristine Café.

                L gave me a small smile. “And miss on some quality bonding time with my precious Hyemin Park?” he asked. “No way.” He winked at me as he pushed the door open, and I smiled and walked in.

                “Hey guys,” I greeted as we walked into the shop.

                “Hiii Hyemin,” Key greeted, coming out and hugging me tightly.

                “Hi…oppa,” I gasped as he leaned on me with all his weight.

                Youngmin came by and pulled on Key’s ear, yanking him off me. “Ah—ah—AH~” Key yelped.

                I laughed. “We’re gonna go change, see you in a few,” I called as L and I headed upstairs. I tossed him his uniform from my room and he headed to the bathroom, me changing in my room. I had just finished when I heard L calling me.

                “Uh…Hyemin…”

                “Yeah? You good?” I called, heading out to the bathroom. He opened the door and stepped out, and I instantly burst out laughing. “Cuute look, L,” I laughed.

                He made a face at me. “Could I possibly get…my uniform?” he asked. I laughed and led him back to my room. I must have mixed up the piles of clothing, because instead of his regular white button up he had received and attempted to wear one of my ruffly, too-small blouses. It was the one of mine that got stretched out after a night of…drunk Youngmin having fun…but it was still too small, so the sleeves squeezed L’s arms, making his muscles much more noticeable. It was stretched taught across his chest and he hadn’t been able to button it fully, so his white wife beater showed through. Damn…he has a good body, I found myself thinking. But instantly, I forced the thought out of my head. “Here you goo~” I tossed his real shirt at him, and he caught it expertly, shedding my shirt and handing it back to me.  He buttoned it up and put his tie on, and then we headed downstairs again.