Chapter2

IU multi-tasking between school life and idol life

IU is now at a photoshoot site.
"Oppa, will I manage to go back to school before school ends?" IU asked her manager before shooting.
"Depends how fast you finish the shoot." 

IU POV

"Juggling between idol life and student life is not really hard when manager oppa always helped me to manage the time of the photoshoots. But what was hard, was the desire to be a normal student in school. The whole school basically knew who I am. They wouldnt punish me even if I make mistakes. I thought that even in school, I can never taste the feeling of being punished as a normal student. That was until..... Rin's friends tells me that she only focuses on groups rather than solo singers. That was when I feel a glimpse of hope."

"1st half of the day passed. Now hopefully I can stay here for class till the end of the day. Please~" I prayed deep in my heart.
"Yess!! 30 minutes passed. Please last. please" Just then, I feel vibration from my pocket. Immediately my heart shattered. I felt dissapointed coz I know that should be manager-oppa. I read the text and sighed. With heavy heart, I packed up my things and interupted the teacher's lesson to ask permission to leave. With heavy footsteps, I left and walked towards the gate.

When I was preparing for my shoot, I asked manager oppa if I could make it in time for class before school ends. "Depends how fast you finish the shoot" Manager oppa answered my question. Immediately I feel my hope has broken into pieces. 
"Cheer up. You can make it." Manager oppa said and tapped my shoulder. I smiled at him. Fake ones ofcourse.I decided to recomposed myself and finish the shoot as fast as I can without any mistakes. 
"I'll finish off the shoot as soon as possible and try make it before class ends." I thought to myself and then I look at manager-oppa's watch.
"10.30 am. Class ends at 1am. I should make it in time." I pursuade myself. "IU-sshi. Are you ready?" a staff asked me. "Ah, nae.. Anytime I'm ready." I answered cheerfully. The staff smiled at me. The photoshoot started.

End of IU POV

*rings* the bell rang indicating the class ended for the day. Rin meets up with her other cousins infront of the gate.
"Where's JiEun?" Suzy asked curiously when she see only Rin.
"Heaven knows." RIn answered coldly. 
"What do you mean you dont know? Something happened?" Krystal asked eagerly.
"She only attends half an hour of class after break. She left and didnt came back. Guess she already went home." Rin said.
Jiyeon, Suzy, Krystal look at each other. They know is because of schedule. Then they follow behind Rin.

*******************************************************

The next day.............
"Yesterday she bailed early and now she is late? great." Rin thought to herself when she saw Jieun who just entered the class and kept apologizing to the teacher Jieun went to her seat.
"Okay class. That's it for today. Your next teacher is sick so he isnt here today.Please remain silent and do your own revision." The teacher said and then exitted the classroom.
"Yesterday you left early, today you came late. Not late as in few minutes but late in few hours. As punishment, you'll clean up the student council room after class." Rin said coldly. She hate students who leave early but late the next day. As a student council president and class president, she need to punish her.
"Since the next teacher isnt here, follow me." Rin said as she took her bags ad leave the classroom. Jieun followed behind her.

(Student Council room)
"Unnie, dont you have class now?" Krystal asked when RIn opened the door harshly which made her spill her drinks.
"The teacher is absent today and I need to punish a student even it's just the 2nd day of friendship." RIn answered Krystal's question while walk into the room. 
"Jieun? You're gonna punish Jieun? But why?" Suzy asked when she sees Jieun.
"She left early yesterday and came late today." Rin answered while laying on the couch.
Suzy and Krystal looked at each other. They know RIn hates this attitude the most. They just silent.
"Jieun-sshi, you can start by cleaning the cupboards." RIn ordered.
"Nae~" Jieun answered as she put her bag on a chair beside Suzy.
"I'm gonna get something to eat." Rin said to nobody and left the room.
"Iu-sshi, are you sure you doesnt want us to tell RIn about you?" Krystal asked in concern. Iu who is busy cleaning, shook her head.
"But you cant possible always being punished when you leave for schedules. Rin-unnie is making school life harder for you." Suzy said. Trying to pursuade IU to tell RIn that she is actually a celebrity and cant always attend class before anything worst happens. This time may just clean the student council room, next time, its gonna be much worst.
"Annyeong~ Why you girls cleaning this room?" Jiyeon wondered when she entered the student council room.

"Rin punished Jieun for being late today coz yesterday she left early for schedule. We're helping her before RIn comes back." Krystal answered. Jiyeon immediately put down her bag and help out.
"You know, sooner or later you still have to tell Rin-unnie about your real job." Krystal said.

Ah yes, you guys must be wondering about the student council thinggy. They are all the members of student council. Ice Mages are the most popular group. Yest they always help out for school activities despite their popularity.

"Who asked you girls to help her?" Rin said when she slammed the door close behind her. All of them startled.
"But unnie, Jieun cant possibly clean these mess alone." Jiyeon said while pointing to a group of junk in a corner filled with spiderwebs.
"Thats why it's her punishment. Now you girls get to your music practice NOW!!" Rin ordered. Immediately the other stormed out the room and go to their practice room leaving Jieun alone in there cleaning while RIn watching her.

(Practice Room)

Jiyeon, Suzy, Krystal sitting in the middle of the practice room and sighing, worrying about Jieun.
"Cant we just tell Rin about IU?" Jiyeon asked.
"No. We promised her we wont so we wont." Suzy said.
Louder sigh from.
"Annyeong~~" a familiar cheerful voice is heard.
"SICA UNNIE!!" Krystal jumped in excitement and ran to hug her sister.

"Aigoo Soojung-ah. So happy to see me?" Jessica said while caressing her sister's cheek.
"Yah, you two not happy to see me?" Jessica asked as she see Jiyeon and Suzy frowning looking on the floor.
"Anniya. We're just...." Suzy cant finish her words.
"Unnie, you know about IU right?" Krystal asked as she drag her sister to join Suzy and Jiyeon.
"Yeah. Nation's niece IU. wae?" 
"Well, she is now Rin's classmate. But the problem is, RIn doesnt know who she is." Jiyeon said.
"And yesterday IU left school early for schedule....." said Suzy
"And came late this morning..." said Krystal.
"So now she is being punished...and Jieun said she wants to experient real school life where punishment occurs to her...." Jiyeon continued.
"And because of that, she asked us not to tell RIn about her job as an idol." Said Suzy.
Jessica exchange glances with each of them when they talked.
"Let me guess, you want to tell RIn about IU so that her life in school wont be this hard and doesnt want to break the promise?" asked Jessica to the rest. 
"Unnie daebak!!" Krystal said while showing a thumb up sign.
"So unnie, any idea?" Jiyeon and Suzy looked at Jessica with hope.
"There is one way. But not sure if it will work." 
"What is it?" Krystal asked eagerly.
"Well, live broadcast during the weekends of music programs or any show that IU will take part in on that day. You can switch to that channel and pretend to be shock when you see IU appeared. That way, RIn knows about IU, and when IU asked you girls about it, just say she saw a TV programme." Jessica said. 
"WAAH!~~ Unnie, that's a great idea." Krystal said excitedly while hugging her sister.
"By the way, why is unnie here? Arent you suppose to be in the States?" Suzy asked.
"I have photoshoot for a magazine near by here so thought I'd drop by and visit my sister." Jessica said.
"What time is your photo shoot?" Jiyeon asked.
"Its......." Jessica looked at her watch..
"Oh damn! I'm gonna be late.. See you girls soon. Byes~" Jessica said as she rushed out from the practice room. The girls giggled.
"So, we'll use Sica-unnie's idea then." Suzy asked while looked at Krystal and Jiyeon. Both nods in agreement.


(Back to Student Council Room)

IU still cleaning the final part of the room.
*rings*
"Jieun-sshi, answer your call." Rin said.
"Nae.." jieun walked towards her bag and pick up her phone.
"yobsaeyo"
"Nae"
"Nae"
"another half an hour."
"Nae"
"Nae"
"kamsahmida." Jieun hang up the call and resume her punishment.

IU's thought: Great, i have another schedule at this time impossible RIn will let me leave. Luckily the producer allow the recording to be 30 minutes late because the MC have accident. I'll quickly finish off the work here and leave for the recording.

FInally Jieun finished her punishment.
"Good job. Even you did most of it all by yourself, its all sparkly. Even better then their work. You can go back now. Your parents must been worried since they called you awhile ago." Rin said. Another call came in.
"Nae. I'm done now. Nae. Mianhe." Jieun speak to the caller. WHen Jieun about to leave the room, Rin stopped her.
"wait." RIn said and took Jieun's phone from her hand. She typed something and when she's done she hand it back to Jieun.
"I believe you'd still bail early from class next time. So I gave you my number. Let me know if you need help. Ice Mage will be ready anytime." RIn said and smiled at her. Jieun searched Rin's number and pressed the call button. When Rin is about to answer the call, Jieun cutted the call off. 
"That's my number.And thanks for today." Jieun said before went out of sight.
"What for?" Rin asked curiously. 
"That kid... seriously why is she so diligent?" RIn question herself. She looked out the window and see Jieun enter a black car and a man nagging her while pointing at his watch while Jieun kept bowing obviously apologizing.

================================================