Chapter 14

IU multi-tasking between school life and idol life

Eunjung-Jiyeon’s bedroom
“Yah, you got into a street fight or something?” Jiyeon asked worriedly when seeing some wounds on Eunjung’s arm.
“Shh.. lower down your voice. I didn’t get into street fights okay.” Eunjung said while covering Jiyeon’s mouth with her palm. Jiyeon nodded in response. Eunjung then remove her hand.
“Then how did you get the wound. It looks terrible.”
“Well, what do you expect from the first-timer stuntwomen? No wounds at all?” Eunjung asked back sarcastically to loosen up the tension in the air.
“YAH!!...*&& %%&%@&*(“ Jiyeon couldn’t finish her sentence coz Eunjung covered Jiyeon’s mouth again.
“How many times do I have to say lower your voice? I don’t want the world to know.” With that, Jiyeon nodded again. Eunjung sighed and removed her hand.
“So, what was your question again?”
“Since when you work as a stuntwoman? You were only a waiter back then.” Jiyeon asked.
“Well, I just give it a try since I’m a 3RD-dan in Taekwondo. It offers payment per hour daily so I just give it a shot.” Eunjung explained.
“Did Rin know about this?” Jiyeon asked again.
“Well, if she knew I’d probably get nagged by now isn’t it. Let it be our secret.” Eunjung said while putting her index finger on JIyeon’s lips. Eunjung’s face is just a metre apart which makes Jiyeon blushed. Jiyeon just nods. Then, the doorbell rings.Eunjung rushed to answer the door.
Jiyeon was peeping by the stairs to see who it was. Eunjung handed some money to the woman at the door.
“Sorry for the delay.” Eunjung said and bow to the woman before closing the door. Jiyeon quickly ran back to the bedroom.
“So, what was the reason you do that?” Jiyeon asked. Half-hoping she would get an honest answer though another half of her mind thinking Eunjung may lie about it.
“erm.. well… the landlord is asking for her rents few days ago. And since there is additional person who live in this house, the rent increased. So..” Eunjung said.
“So, you decided to pay it off because you are the additional one?” Jiyeon continued for Eunjung.
“Er… sort of. I just have to do something.” Eunjung said and giggled.
____________
“Alright!! Set up the tables!! Rin ordered.
“ROGER!!” the others salute and immediately set up the table.
“Suzy, decorations!”
“OKAY!”
“Eunjung and Jiyeon cooking. Don’t burn the kitchen nor hurt yourselves.”
‘OKAY!”
“Yah, what’s the occasion?” Soyeon who enters the house with Boram asked curiously.
“Jieun scored another all-kill upon MV release in just an hour. We’re celebrating it for her.” Krystal said while decorating the tables with food.

(2 hours later)
“Jah.. Is everything set?” Soyeon asked. She decided to help monitor them.
“Decoration, check!” Suzy said.
“Tables, check!” said Krystal posing an ‘OK sign’
“Food, check.” Jiyeon said.
“Drinks, check” Eunjung said.
“Confetti, check!” Rin said.
“Okay. Jiyeon, call Jieun to come here. Don’t leave a hint arasseo?” Rin said. Jiyeon nods and start to call Jieun and put on loudspeaker mode
“Jieun-ah, can you come over to my place? I need your help.” Jiyeon said acting as if she really needs help while the others stay quiet.
“Okay. I’ll be right over. I’m nearby anyway.”
“How long will you reach here?”Jiyeon asked as she received a hint mouthed by Rin.
“In about 5 minutes?” Jieun said. RIn motioned Jiyeon to cut the call.
“Okay. I’ll be waiting.”Jiyeon said and hang up the call.
“Ok. So, we’ll standby at the door. RIn will open the door, while we pops the confetti above her.” Soyeon instructed.
“ROGER!” Everyone salutes and prepares.

*ding dong*
RIn then checks from the key-hole.
“It’s Jieun.” RIn mouthed.
Soyeon and others nodded. Soyeon then countdown with her fingers.
“3….”
“2…..” the atmosphere got tensed. Everyone is in full focused as if a cat waiting to catch a fish from the lake.
“1!!”
RIn opened the door. The moment Jieun stepped in; everyone popped the confetti in their hands and said “CONGRATULATIONS!!”
“Jieun, congratulations for your MV all-kill.” Rin said while giving Jieun a personal prepared present.
“Unnie!! Unfair. You didn’t say you have present for Jieun.” Jiyeon pouted.
“Aigoo, my favourite dongsaeng. You have tons of presents. I only gave Jieun one. Why? Jealous?” Rin teased which caused everyone to laugh at Jiyeon.
“I guess asking for help is just an undercover, huh?” Jieun asked while eating the snacks on the table.
“Aigoo, if you want to have a party, just say so. I can book a restaurant.” Fei and Jia who came back from shopping said when seeing the party scene.
“Unnie, we don’t have a restaurant anymore.” Jia whispered to Fei.
“Oh yeah, Jieun, congratulations on all-kill.
They party all night long and slept in the living room floor on top of one another.
------------------


“Ouch” Eunjung felt stings on her wounds coz RIn accidentally grabbed it hard.
RIn immediately took off one side of Eunjung’s leather jacket.
“YAH! How did you get the wound?”
Rin asked strictly. This was the first time RIn has been this strict one anyone which caused Eunjung to gulped nervously.
“I-I… I cut myself.”

Eunjung POV
When I was about to go, suddenly someone grabbed me by my arm. It’s exactly where the wound is. I flinched a bit. RIn’s quick instinct took one side of my jacket off.
“Yah, how did you get the wound?” Rin asked me strictly. The flame in her eyes was no joke. But even so, I couldn’t say that I work to pay my rent secretly.
“I-I cut myself.” I lied. I heard some sigh coming from Rin.
“Jiyeon, please treat Eunjung’s wounds.
“Er. Nae.” Jiyeon answered and treats my wounds.
“Did she just believe?” I thought to myself.
After practice, I went to a café and started working.
“Damn. It felt why suddenly my arm felt weak?” 
“Oh no! I’m sorry sir. I’m really sorry.” I apologised as I accidentally spilled coffee over a customer’s pants.
“Eunjung, are you alright?” a familiar voice asked as I was on my way back to the bar counter.
“Ah. Jiyeon. You saw it didn’t you?” I asked. Jiyeon slightly nodded.
“Don’t worry, I’m fine.” I said while smiling. She smiled in return.

Jiyeon POV
I saw the whole scene when Eunjung spilled coffee over a customer’s pants. She seemed weak and her arm was trembling. I decided to enter and check on her.
“Eunjung, are you alright?” I asked.
“Ah. Jiyeon. You saw it didn’t you?” She answered. I slightly nodded.
“Don’t worry, I’m fine.” She said while smiling. I know she just don’t want me to worry. So I just smiled back in return.
“Jah, my shift is over. Let’s go home.” Eunjung said while taking off her butler vest. I nodded and followed behind her. Suddenly Eunjung leaned on the wall of the building. By quick reflex I ran forward to check on her. Turns out she fainted.
“EUNJUNG!! EUNJUNG!! Hey, don’t scare me!!” I called hoping to get a response but failed. I decided to carry her back since it’s only two blocks away.
_____
(DORM)
Jiyeon kicked the door few times until someone opened it. Immediately Jiyeon rushed in and laid Eunjung on the couch.
“Wow. What’s wrong with Eunjung?” Suzy asked curiously.
“She fainted in the street when we were on our way back.”
“Wow. You guys dated until she fainted?” Suzy asked in shock while handing a towel to Jiyeon.
“Nonsense. I passed by her work place and it was exactly her shift ends so we decided to walk home together.” Jiyeon protest while wiping her sweat with a towel.
“Suzy, help me. I need to change her bandage.” Jiyeon said as she grab the first aid box under the table. Suzy nods.
“Wow. What’s with the two of you? Trying to Eunjung?” Rin who just came back from the grocery asked sarcastically when she sees Jiyeon and Suzy trying to take off Eunjung’s jacket.
“UNNIE!!!!! We are just changing her bandage.” Jiyeon pouted. RIn giggled a little.
“I know I know. Need help?” Rin offered. Suzy nodded. Rin leaves the grocery items in the kitchen and help out.
“Unnie, will she be okay?” Jiyeon asked worriedly.
“She will.”