Chapter 12

IU multi-tasking between school life and idol life

D-2
“Two days till the competition. And we are stranded on an island. That’s just ‘awesome’. Krystal complained sarcastically.
“Evacuate immediately!! A storm is coming!!” The storm is coming.
“If my calculation is right, we just have to leave this place North 20 metres away and we will be safe.” A smart looking middle-aged man suddenly said.
“Trust me. I calculated most of the geography phenomenon and it all came true.”
______

D-1
Yeap, as the ahjusshi said, the storm only hits the cabin. So everyone is safe. But there’s only one problem.
“Great. We have been floating a whole day here and no one came to get us.” Suzy complained.
“You girls were awesome when playing the instruments.” The ahjusshi said.
“Ah, thanks.”
“Isn’t there a competition coming up next?” the ahjusshi asked after he saw a school logo keychain.
“Eh? How did you know that?”
“Well, I’m supposed to be an advisor at that school… I’m on vacation currently. Of course I know.” The ahjusshi said.
“Heh? Don’t tell me you stayed in the ‘haunted area’ in the school.” Asked Jiyeon.
“Haunted area? You mean the abandoned room just by the stairs? Yeah that’s my place.”
_______

D-DAY!!!!
(SCHOOL)
“Ice Mage went to the island that is hitted by the storm.’
“They’re safe but stranded in the middle of the sea 20 metres away from the cabin”
The students whispering. Jieun who is walking down the corridor felt guilty that she can’t do anything to help them except just wait for the rescue team.
A girl running in the corridor suddenly stopped in front of Jieun.
“Which…..Island….. Did…. They…. Went…. To?” The girl asked while trying to catch her breath.
“U-Unnie. Relax or your asthma is going to attack.” A black hair girl said while holding her sister.
“I’m Jia. Fei’s sister. And also your classmate but we didn’t talk. My sister is asking which island the Ice Mage went to.”
“C-Chunhyang-do.” Jieun answered shortly.
“Jia,…Call… the… heli... to… the…school..roof.. We’re..gonna…save… them…and…bring..them..To…the… competition….now… “ said Fei.
Immediately Jia called the helicopter. Then, they were about to leave Jieun but Jieun stopped them.
“Wait.. I’m coming with you.”
-----------
Rin’s POV
“Four more hours till the competition. At this rate, we’d be eliminated before even performing” I thought.
“Oh, it’s a heli!!” Some of the crowd shouted. We looked at the sky.
“GUYS!! GRAB THE ROPE-LADDER.”
“Heh? It’s Jieun!!” Krystal cheered.
“AS FOR THE OTHERS, RESCUE TEAM IS ON THEIR WAY. PLEASE BE PATIENT.” A man’s voice said through the speaker on the helicopter.

(in the heli)
“wah. Thought you said your company couldn’t afford a heli. Where you get this from?” Asked Suzy excitedly.
“Ahem!” someone fakes a cough.
“Oh. Princess Fei. Didn’t know you are here.” Krystal said. Well ever since she bullied Jieun, whole of the club hated her. Whole, except Jieun herself. Heaven knows why.
“I just don’t want you to lose the competition before even performing. Tsk.” Fei shrugged.
“Actually my sister knew about it from TV. Since our family owns a heli, she insisted we help you.” Jia said.
“Jia!! Who ask you to tell them all these. Don’t ruin my image!!!” Fei shouted to Jia. Jia is not angry or anything. She knows that’s the way her sister always acts when she feels shy.
“It’s another half an hour before the stage. Will we make it?” Eunjung asked while looking at her watch.
“Don’t worry; we’ll be there 15 minutes before it starts.” Jia said cheerfully.
“Wow. You’re definitely the opposite of your sister. You’re friendly while your sister is… a stuck up princess.” Rin teased. They laughed.
They had fun teasing one another in the heli.
“My sister’s smile is back after years passed. Thank you, Ice Mage.” Jia thought while looking at her sister who is laughing heartily.

(Competition Venue)
“wah, exactly fifteen minutes before the competition starts.” Suzy cheered happily while looking at her watch.
“I’ll go and register our attendance.” Said Eunjung and she ran off.
“But unnie….” Jiyeon said in a low voice but loud enough for RIn to hear.
“What is it?”
“Without instrument……”
“Instruments are settled.” Jia who was standing beside Rin said.
“Settled? How?” Jiyeon asked curiously.

*Flashback*
-5 hours before the competition-
“Unnie. Remember what dad taught us? ‘Help whenever we can.’ U hasn’t been doing it ever since Sohyun’s family helped us. You covered all her bad doings. In school, though it looked like Sohyun is the servant while you are the princess, but in fact it’s the opposite. Unnie….” Jia said.
“Jia, you are right. Call the heli to get ready and ask the butlers to get the whole new sets of band instruments and deliver to the competition venue 15 minutes before the competition starts. We’ll go to school and ask which island is the Ice Mage is and make sure they are thee for the competition. Hurry!!”
“Then again…” Fei said.
“Never let Sohyun know...” Jia continued for her.
End of flashback

“So conclusion, the evil sides that everyone sees on Fei is all Sohyun’s idea?” Eunjung asked. Jia nodded in response.
“But why would she do that? She should know what she can agree and disagree right?” Asked Suzy.
“Well, Kwon family assisted us. And since Sohyun is the princess to her parents, she could ask her parents to stop helping us. Though in the end we still end up with nothing. But at least we have a place to stay and other looked at us in respect.” Fei explained.
“But don’t you feel bad doing the things you do for Sohyun?” Suzy asked.
“Literally I got used to it.” Fei said coldly.
“She’s lying. That’s why she acts cold to others. There was once when she made friend with someone, Sohyun end up asking her to humiliate that friend in public. So unnie decided it’s best for her to be alone rather than hurting others.” Jia explained.
“YAH!! Too much details, Jia!!”
“Fei-sshi, just do what you feel is a right thing to do. Don’t let anything or any reason stop you from doing the right thing. If Sohyun can’t face that fact that you are taught by better philosophy, she don’t deserve you as friend.” Rin said with her famous smile that can melt someone’s heart.
“And from what we heard, it doesn’t seem like she treat you as a friend at all.” Jiyeon added.
“FEI!! ARE YOU GOING AGAINST ME NOW?!!”
“I’m guessing, that’s Sohyun.” Eunjung said. Jia nods. We just watch them till the end.

Fei POV
““Fei-sshi, just do what you feel is a right thing to do. Don’t let anything or any reason stop you from doing the right thing. If Sohyun can’t face that fact that you are taught by better philosophy, she don’t deserve you as friend.” No one ever said that to me before.
“FEI!! ARE YOU GOING AGAINST ME NOW?!!” that voice snapped me back to reality.
“I’m not.” I said humbly.
“YOU’RE NOT? THEN WHY DID YOU SAVE THEM? AND EVEN BOUGHT NEW INSTRUMENTS FOR THEM. &^^%^*&(***^^%%$%” she continued to nags. Just then, a word came to my mind.
Just do what you feel is a right thing to do. Don’t let anything or any reason stop you from doing the right thing.
“YES I SAVED THEM. BECAUSE IT IS THE RIGHT THING TO DO. ” I shouted back.
“Unnie! Hwaiting!!” I heard Jia cheered.
“THAT’S WHAT MY DAD TAUGHT ME TO DO. BUT EVER SINCE I AM WITH YOUR FAMILY, ALL I DID WAS WRONG!! I HAD ENOUGH OF YOUR MASTERMIND IDEAS!! “ I am infuriated.
“But isn’t you hated them? Why are you helping them?”
“I DON’T HATE THEM. THEY ARE THE FIRST, BRAVE ENOUGH TO SAVE THEIR FRIEND. I SEE REAL FRIENDSHIP IN THEM. ALL THIS WHILE BECAUSE OF YOU I PUSHED OTHERS FAR AWAY. REMEMBER NICOLE? SHE WAS A TRANSFER STUDENT AND ALL I DID WAS HELPING HER WITH HER KOREAN LANGUAGE. BUT WHAT DID YOU ASK ME TO DO? HUMILIATE HER IN PUBLIC!!” All the things I’ve wanted to said, I’ve said it all out. One point, I felt relief. Another point, I sense a storm coming.
“FINE!! I DON’T NEED YOU AND YOUR SISTER!! PACK YOUR STUFF AND LEAVE MY MANSION TONIGHT!!” with that last sentence, Sohyun stormed away.
---------------------------
“Ice Mage, please get ready.” The announcer announced through the speaker.
“Okay Ice Mage. Routine cheers!!” Rin said getting hyped up.
“Ice Mage, Freeze the clock with Music!! Ice Mage Hwaiting!!” they cheered as the launched the hands in the air.
“Great. It feels weird.” Rin thought and she turned back to look at the rest.
“Guess I’m not the only one.”
“Kids, let’s do our best. Even if we are not used to the new instruments.” Rin said. They nodded and started playing. As expected, because the feel isn’t right and they had never practice using the new items, they each made few mistakes.
Finally its result time, Ice Mage placed 2nd.
_________
“Unnie, I think we need to thank Jia and Fei for helping us even we didn’t win the champion this year.” Suzy suggested.
“Hmm… That’s true but where to find them?” Eunjung asked.
“Isn’t Jia in your class?” Jiyeon asked Jieun and Rin.
“Yeah but we never talked.” Rin said.
“Hey isn’t that Jia and Fei?” Krystal said as she point across the road..
“Come on.” RIn said as she ran across the road followed by the others behind her.
“JIA! What’s wrong?” Jieun asked.
“U-unnie is sick. But Sohyun just kicked us out once we arrived at the door.”
“So-called ‘friend’…pfft.” Rin muttered annoyingly.
“Come on. We gotta get this kid to a hospital.” RIn said.
“I am not a kid.” Fei protested weakly. Jiyeon calls the taxi while RIn and Fei are still quarrelling.
“If you aren’t try to walk by yourself then.” RIn said. Fei manage to stand up with her weak knees but before she manages to take one step ahead, her knees couldn’t last.
“See. Now stop your stubbornness and let’s get you to the hospital.”

(At the hospital)
Jia POV
Doctor said luckily we manage to bring her in for treatment in time. I’m so grateful for the Ice Mage.
“Yah, why are you crying? Your sister is fine now isn’t it?” Jieun who sat beside me asked. Jiyeon passed me a tissue.
“I’m just thankful that you guys found us in time of needs.” I said between cries.
“Yah. We were just about to thank your sister for helping us. Who knows we’d meet you in the street?” Jiyeon said.
“You know what RIn always say in this situation?” Krystal asked.
“Coincidence much.” They said and they cracked up at their own words.
“Yah. You guys are teasing me huh? Watch out” Rin said and started ‘hunting’. Jieun resting in one corner so she decided to catch Jieun.
RIn hugged Jieun from the back locking her moves. Then Rin turned Jieun to face her. Their face is just an inch apart.
“GOTCHA!!” Rin said as she had an evil smile on her face.
“Wow, is Jieun blushing?” The others watch from afar.
“Means… Jieun liked RIn? Is that even possible?” Eunjung asked.
“pfft. Well, you liked Jiyeon too. Is that possible? Krystal teased resulting Eunjung to blush.
“Exactly when are you going to confess?” Suzy asked.
“erm…..”
“Confess already. I feel that she liked you too.” Eunjung looked at Jiyeon who is watching the scene between Jieun and Rin’s ‘war’.
_______

(Fei’s ward)
“Yah, I’m not used to see the weak side of you. So get well soon.” RIn said.
“Aish. Can you just stop nagging me? As if you’re my mum!” Fei said.
“Please… I am not that old to be your mum.”
“Fei, though we know it’s impossible for you to get use to a small place, but would you like to stay In our dorm? If you agree, atleast you have a roof above your head and Jia’s.” Suzy said in serious tone.
“OI!! Who is the leader here?” RIn shouted.
“But unnie, you were planning that too isn’t it?” Jiyeon said.
“Whose side are you on?” RIn muttered to Jiyeon.
“If you guys can forgive me for what I’ve done..”Fei said.
“We know it’s not your fault. It’s all Sohyun’s idea. Jia told us everything. Hence, we got no grudge against you.” RIn said with a smile.
And so, Fei and Jia are now in the Ice Mage’s dorm.
====================================

Suzy: Why does it seems like our dorms are getting more and more people?
Rin: Oh well, one good deeds deserve another.
Jiyeon: Yeah, what could possible happen with Fei and Jia in our dorms?
Fei: *shouting from the room* WHY IS THERE A FEW SOCKS UNDER THE BED?!!!
Krystal: THAT’S MINE YOU NUISANCE!!!! *rush to get the socks*
Jieun: except for that.
All: *sighs*
Suzy: Looks like there’ll be no more peaceful life.