Chapter 6

IU multi-tasking between school life and idol life

‘’Iu-sshi’’ one of the student called her stage name when she is on her way to the tennis court.
‘’Nae? Please just call me Jieun in school’’ Iu responded.
‘’ah.. Nae. Are you going for sports club meeting?’’ The student asked.
‘’Ah, yes I am just about to’’
‘’They’re all in the practice room because they have performance tonight. And it looks like going to rain’’ The student said while looking at the sky.
‘’Nae. Thanks. I’ll go to the practice room instead’’ Iu said and bowed to the student politely, then make her way to the practice room.

(Practice Room)
IU sneaked in without disturbing their practice. She stay in a corner and watched them

IU’s POV
Sneaked in quietly coz they already started practice. I sat in a corner feeling amazed at their over exploded charisma especially Rin’s. Lots of fangirl comments runs in my thought as I see them perform. Of course, I didn’t shout out loud as if I’m in a concert. That’ll be awkward.





[Krystal] Hey,T-ARA..
[Jiyeon] Saebbalgan jangmicheoroem gashigateun mallo nal jjireun neo uh uh uh
[Suzy] Neon machi munshincheoreom ji-uryeo halsurok gipke paeyeo uh uh

[Rin] Cry Cry Can't you see the music
Bulkkotcheoreom ddeugeobke You're ma boy

[Suzy] Baby can't you see that look at my eyes
Seulpeume bbajin nae dununeul bwa uh uh (Wah, so cool~)(IU)
[Krystal] Bulkeun taeyangboda deo ddeugeobke
Saranghaetdeon nareul ullijima ah ah [Hwayoung] Let's go

[Rin] Break it! [Krystal] Come on Come on Yo
[Rin] Make it! [Krystal] Come on Come on Yo
[Rin] Take it! [Krystal] Come on Come on Come on

[Suzy] Nan joongdokdwingeotcheoreom geuriwohago ddo geuriwohae
[Jiyeon] Neon machi gamukcheoreom ni-ane nal gadwobeoryeotnabwa uh uh
*Jiyeon glides* (OMG!! Handsome!!) (IU)
[Rin] Cry Cry Can't you see the music
Bulkkotcheoreom ddeugeobke You're ma boy

[Suzy] Baby can't you see that look at my eyes
Seulpeume bbajin nae dununeul bwa uh uh
[Krystal] Bulkeun taeyangboda deo ddeugeobke
Saranghaetdeon nareul ullijima ah ah [Rin] Let's go
*Tango – Rin + Krystal*
[Suzy] Uh uh yeah Let's dance [Jiyeon] Deep in your eyes
[All] Baby can't you see that look at my eyes
Seulpeume bbajin nae dununeul bwa uh uh
Bulkeun taeyangboda deo ddeugeobke
Saranghaetdeon nareul ullijima ah ah

[Suzy] Jebal nareul ddeonagaji mara
Dora-ondan ni mal mitji anha uh uh
[Krystal] Bulkeun taeyangboda deo ddeugeobke
Saranghaetdeon nareul ullijima ah ah Let's go

[Jiyeon] Break it! [Rin] Come on Come on Yo
[Suzy] Make it! [Krystal] Come on Come on Yo
[Rin] Take it! [Jiyeon] Come on Come on Come on

[Krystal] T-ARA Time to love,sshhh! *ending pose* (OMG! Charismatic!!) (IU)

Song: Cry Cry (by T-ara)


And then they practice Lovey Dovey. I can’t help but just to be amazed.
‘’Okay. Let’s take a break.’’ Rin said. I see the others fall on their butts with sweats all over as if they had sweat shower. I approached them with towels and few bottle of cold water.
‘’JIEUN!! When were you here?’’ Jiyeon shrieked excitedly.
‘’I was here since you start practicing Cry Cry.’’ I answered while handing cold water and towels to each of them.
‘’Jieun-ah, today all clubs have meeting. Why you didnt go? Did you join any clubs?’’Suzy asked.
‘’I did. In fact, I joined two clubs.’’ I said. They looked at me with blank expression. Then I moved back few steps bowed to them. They looked totally blurred out.
‘’Annyeonghaseyo, Jieun imnida. I’m new member so please take care of me.’’ I greeted formally.
Krystal who was drinking water spurted all out. And the most unlucky person is Rin who is just standing infront of her.
‘’Oh my god. I’m so sorry unnie..’’ Krystal apologised while wiping the water off from Rin’s face.
‘’Nice target you got there.’’ Suzy said sarcastically.
‘’Ok. Since we got new member, clean yourselves up and let’s do what we always do.“ Krystal suggested.
You mean.....---‘’ Suzy asked as if knowing what is playing in Krystal’s mind. In response, Krystal nodded. They’re definitely up to something.
‘’Just do whatever you want. I’m resting until we are ready to have meeting to tell Jieun the rules and regulations.’’ Rin said and make her way to her favourite spot; near the window. (Yes, again)

‘’Jieun-sshi, Did you join any other clubs?’’ Rin asked.
‘’I like sports too.’’ Jieun answered shortly.
‘’Jinjja. So we’ll be in the same clubs. Wow. Not only in class but in clubs as well. But I’ll warn you, I’m quite strict at things.’’; Rin said.
‘’Already tasted your strictness on the 2nd day of school.’’ jieun said half playfully. 

Rin’s POV
I asked Jieun if she joined any other clubs. Commonly, she joined sports club too. It IS supposed to be a closed club but *Sigh* I’ll just let her in.
‘’Jinjja? But I’ll warn you, I’m quite strict at things." I warned her. Shockingly she can accept it more well than any other person I be strict to in life..
‘’Already tasted your strictness on the 2nd day of school.’’ jieun said and giggled. I giggled along. Wait, did I laugh along with her? Damn! Why can’t I bring my killer aura out? AIsh! Seriously, when I need to be VERY strict, I’d pursuade myself the negative thoughts about that person. But when I try to do it on Jieun to bring out the vibe, I FAILED MISERABLY!!! FIRST TIME EVER!!
‘’Rin, please watch over me. It has been long since I go schooling. There are many things I still have trouble fitting in.’’ Jieun said to me in a serious tone.
At this situation the usual me would have said ‘’You watch over yourself, I aint your nanny.’’ If this sentence were asked by other people. BUT instead...
"You’ll fit in. You’re so welcomed by students here.’’ I said with a smile.
Then, Krystal and Suzy came in with some confetti in her hands. I seriously had no idea where they get in from.

Krystal’s POV
Suzy,Jiyeon and I went to get some confetti. We often throw this kind of party. It sort of a test for the new comer. If they can accept how we play, we can get along well. Because of that, many quit the club the next day. 
‘’I sure hope Jieun won’t quit because of our playfulness.’’Jiyeon said.
‘’FOUND IT!!’’ Suzy said holding few confetti in her hands.
We then went to the practice room.
‘’Yah, that’s Rin-unnie’s voice isnt it?’’ Suzy asked. We heard some laughs and giggles outside the practice room.
‘’Yeah. It’s definitely Rin-unnie and Jieun’s voice.’’ Jiyeon answered Suzy. We then decided to peep in.
‘’Wow. That atmosphere. It only happens when Jiyeon is around. She had never laugh this heartily before since she moved in to our place.’’ I said. In that second, it felt that Rin doesnt have any burden and sadness. Rin has always been a bright kid as bright as Jieun. But when our parent’s gone in a fire case, she had never laughed this freely before.
‘’Let’s barge in.’’ Jiyeon said. We all agreed.
‘’1...2..3’’ we charged in and pops confetti on JIeun.
we danced and party all the while. Jieun seemed to be enjoying herself unlike previous new members who would look at us in a weird way.
‘’Okay okay.. that’s enough.Let’s practice one last song then we’ll start our meeting.’’ Rin said.
‘’Nae~’’ We obediently get into position.
“What song to practice?” Krystal asked.
Go with Roly Poly.” Suzy said. Rin nodded. And we started practice
(Official Meeting)
Rin, Jiyeon, Suzy, Krystal and Jieun sat in a corner of the practice room.
“ok. Let’s begin. 1st of all, Jieun is in Sports club as well.” Rin said, the others cheered happily.
“Wah. daebak!! “
”But, Jieun-ah.. Can you able to make it for the meetings?” Suzy asked in concern. Considering the schedules Jieun have as an idol.
”I think I am able to” Jieun answered shortly.
“Good. Here. The rules and regulations” Rin said as she handed a think A-4 sized book that looks like a contract.
“Hmm.. These rules are easy to follow. I believe I won't break any of them” Jieun said. But then there’s one last rule that made her frown.
“All members must attend all meetings and only can be absent with valid reason” JIeun read softly.
“Im gonna buy some food.” RIn said as she got up and left the practice room.
Seeing Rin gone, Krystal quickly asked “Jieun-ah, this applied for every club that Rin is the president. It’d be hard for you to attend the meetings especially if certain schedule overlapped with the meeting time.”
Krystal is right. I can’t guarantee anything” Jieun thought.
“AH~ gwaenchana. We’ll backup for you if you can’t attend any future meetings” Jiyeon said cheerfully trying to loosen the tense situation. I smiled to her.
“It doesnt matter if Jieun cant join our practice. Since she is the late addition, she doesnt have any parts, yet” RIn suddenly appeared behind them with food in her hands.
”Omo RIn unnie. You scared us.” Suzy said while trying to calm herself.
“Sorry. Anyway, temporarily is ok if Jieun didnt attend any meeting until any of us have new song to practice. Since we already divided all the parts equally, and we’re gonna perform soon, temporarily is fine” Rin said to Jieun. Jieun flashed a smile feeling relief. And then they continued to practice. Jieun watch them from the side.

That night............. 
“damn!! I shouldnt over-slept” Rin ran as fast as she can to the venue of performance in Myeong-do.
While waiting for the walk-traffic light to turn green,she caught a glance of a poster.
“Jieun’s poster?” Rin thought. And then, the label caught her attention.
“IU. Why that name sounded familiar?" Rin muttered. Then, her phone rings.
“Unnie, when will you be here? Is gonna be our turn soon.” Krystal shouting from the other line.
“Ara ara. I’ll be there as soon as possible. You girls start the opening with Beautiful Restriction” Rin replied and hung up the phone. Then she looked at her watch. (!!)(Rin) and she ran non-stop.

Rin’s POV
I overslept right before the performance. When I was waiting for the traffic, a poster caught my attention. It’s Jieun. But it’s labeled as IU. I felt the name sounded familiar somehow. When my phone rings, I knew I’m very late. Usually I’ll be the one who call the member but now.... *sighs*
“Whatever. Think about that later. Performance first.” I thought and ran as fast as I can.
Finally i reached my destination. Panting and exhausted. I saw Jieun at the audience seat. I’m thinking about the poster I saw at a music store a while ago. The girls finished the opening act. Then they came to backstage after their opening to keep their instruments coz next song is dance.
“Krystal, are you okay? You looked pale” Suzy asked Krystal. I then turn my attention to Krystal.
“I’m fine” Krystal said weakly.
“no. You’re not fine.” I said while wipe off the sweat on her face.
“Unnie, what should we do? We can’t do it without Krystal” Jiyeon asked worriedly. I’m getting anxious myself either. I think deeply. Then, I heard a familiar voice.
“Annyeong. Your opening act was awesome.” Jieun said cheerfully. I looked at her. Thinking ...maybe, just for today.... ah.. no.. she didn’t practice with us impossible she know the steps and all...
“Any problem?”Jieun asked in concern when she see Krystal weak and us worried.
“Krystal is too sick to perform. But each of us has our own parts to do we can’t take over her parts” Suzy said feeling loss of hope
“What if..... I take over her part? Just for now” Jieun suggested.
“You didn’t practice with us. How are you gonna know your steps” Jiyeon asked
“I know. The steps were easy. Other than Jiyeon’s gliding ofcourse. Trust me, I can do it” Jieun said trying to convince us.
“Ice Mage, you all can perform when you're ready” the MC said after he dragged sometime for us to keep our instruments
“Okay.If there are part you don’t know, just do any moves base on instinct. You have my permission” I said to Jieun and she nodded.
Then we got up the stage

Jieun’s POV
Seeing them looked troubled I volunteered to take over Krystal’s part. Jiyeon and Suzy looked at me worriedly.
“Are you sure?” Jiyeon mouthed to me while Rin talked to the MC. I noded in respond
“But wad if,……” Suzy asked whisperingly. I held both of Jiyeon and Suzy’s hands coz I know what they wanna say.
“If the headlines tomorrow, I’ll explain to my company” I said assuring them. Then MC asked us to go on stage. I’m the 1st to go. When we are already in our position, the spotlights shines on us. The crowd started cheering
“Yah, isnt that IU?” I saw some of the audience whispered . Silently I prayed.

Rin POV
Suzy and Jiyeon worriedly talking to Jieun. I have no idea what. Then when we go up on stage, some audience whispered about that name again. IU
Then, all the flashback came back to me. Finally got all the puzzle in one piece.
The moment when the teacher asked IU to perform when we were i the class. The moment when IU is the one supposed to perform but Jieun were the one on stage. The voice from the TV that is the same as the voice at the corridor I heard during break the other, and the latest.. The poster at a music store when I am on my way here. It all began to make sense
I snapped back to reality when Jiyeon hit my .
“Yah, you wanna die?” I mouthed to Jiyeon. Jiyeon just gave me a sly grin.