CHapter 5

IU multi-tasking between school life and idol life

Today is sports day. Rin is totally moodless today and only plans to cheer for Jiyeon when it’s her turn to race so she stayed in the empty class alone listening to her mp3.
“Excuse me, have you seen Rin?” Jiyeon asked as she walk by some students with Suzy.
“She is in class.” A student answered.
“YAH!!! Unnie, why you still here? Don’t wanna go to the field?” Suzy asked in a whiny way. Rin took off the earphones from her ears.
“Anniya, I will. Just not now.” Rin answered lazily and plug in the earphone back n her ears.
“Not now than when?. Aish UNNIE!!!!” Suzy frustratedly pull off the earphones.
“I’ll go to the field when it’s Jiyeon’s race. Now just leave me alone!!!“
**************************
(FIELD)
Suzy, Krystal and Jiyeon cheered for their friends while waiting for their turn. Then it’s break for a while. They’re supposed to have opening act but the venue was delayed so IU is asked to perform during the break.
“The truck of the band broke down. They can’t come. Should we cancel the stage?” The event coordinator whispered to the event manager.
Meanwhile RIn who is still in class got bored of just listening to songs. She decided to switch to rubic cube instead.
“So boring. At this time, we’d be already performing on stage already. AISH!! No thanks to the Ai YOU.” Rin complained to nobody. Then Rin looked out the window seeing Jieun who looked troubled on stage.
“What is wrong with her? Isnt Ai You suppose to perform. Why is she there?” Rin asked herself.
“Wait. Is she going to sing? Seriously?” Rin’s eyes widened when she sees Jieun took a deep breath and hold the mic near .
************************************
Krystal’s POV
I was watching the performance when somebody tapped my shoulder. I turned back to see who is it.
“Ommo.. Rin-unnie!!” I said. Suzy who is sitting beside me turned to look at Rin as well.
“unnie. Didn’t you say you wont come down until it’s Jiyeon’s turn?” Suzy asked.
“Yeah. I caught a glance outside the window that Jieun on stage looks troubled. What’s wrong?” Rin asked.
“Seems like she’ll be performing without background tunes. The band hasn’t arrived yet.” Krystal answered,
“And, all her songs needs background tunes as effects or else it won’t be perfect.” Suzy added.
Rin worriedly looked at Jieun.
Then Jieun started singing. RIn’s eyes widened.
“It’s that voice I heard. In the coridoor.” RIn thought to herself. Rin quickly snapped back to reality when the crowd are muttering about the quality of the performance just decreased rapidly without bands.
Rin looked around. Seeing the fan’s disappointing face. And then looked at Jieun who is trembling but still trying to force herself to finish the performance.
“Ice Mages, duty calls.” Rin said with determination and winked at Suzy and Krystal.
“Duty calls? But what about Jiyeon?” Krystal asked curiously.
“We’ll just back up Jieun. We’re not performing. Just follow my lead and make an effect for Jieun. We have to make this a memorable day.” Rin said. Krystal and Suzy nods to each other. They went back to the music room and grab their instruments.



Sigyel bomyo soksagineun bimildeul
Ganjeolhan nae mamsok iyagi
Jigeum nae moseubeul haechyeoodo joha
Nareul jae chokhamyeon halsurok jhoa
Nae ireum bulleojwo

“It started. Will we able to make it?” Krystal asked worriedly.
“We will if we move now. Now let’s go.” RIn said and started to run towards the stage followed by Suzy and Krystal.
“Now, take a deep breath and let’s go.” RIn said.
“But unnie, did you even know the song?” Suzy asked.
“Nope. I’ll only add in few tunes based on instincts. Let’s go.” Rin said and ran up the stage before the 2nd chorus. The crowd started cheering. Jieun looked back and was shocked when she sees Suzy, JiRin and Krystal on stage having their position ready.
“Sing, we’ll do the background effects.” Krystal mouthed. Jieun got the signal and nods in response. The she start singing the 2nd verse.



Note: [#] = additional tunes from Rin,Suzy and Krystal (following the same tune from IU’s You and I)

[#]Son teumsaero bichineun
Nae mam deuljkilkka duryeowo
Gaseumi mak bokcha seoreowo
Jogeumman kkok chamgo nal gidaryeojwo
Norang narangeun jigeum andwoeji [#]
Sigyereul deo bochaego sipjiman~
Nega itdeon mirae-e seo
Nae ireumeul bul~leo~jwo~ [#]
Nega monjo yotbogo on sigandeul
Nowa nega hamkkeyossotji
Narang norajuneun geudega joa
Nega murobomyon geudedo joa
Nae ireumi mwoya
Son teumsero bichineun [#]
Nae mam deulkilkka duryowo
Gaseumi mak bokcha sorowo
Jogeumman kkok chamgo nal gidaryojwo
Norang narangeun jigeum andweji
Sigyereul do bochego sipjiman~
Nega itdon mireso
Nae ireumeul bul~lo~jwo~ [#]

Nun kkambakhamyon oreuni dwel goeyo
Nal arabogetjyo
Geuden giokhagetjyo
Geure gimyohetdon ai[#]

Son teumsaero bichineun
Nae moseup cham johda

[#]Sonkkeuteuro dollimyo
Sigyetbaneura dallyeobwa
Jogeumman do ppalli narabwa
Du nuneul kkok gamgo mabeobeul geonda
Neorang narangeun jogeum namatji
Myeok nal myoksiljin moreugetjiman~
Nega isseul mirae-eseo[#]
Hoksi naega hemandameyon
Noreul arabol su itge[#]
Nae ireumeul bul~leo~jwo~[#]


The crowd goes wild when the performance ends.
“Wah, IU and Ice Mages collaboration DAEBAK!!!” a student commented.

(Practice Room)
“Unnie, you surprised me suddenly want to help Jieun.” Krystal said.
“Yeah. I was so shocked when I saw you guys went on stage all of the sudden.” Jiyeon said.
“Our Ice Mages motto: Help those in need.. Just doing the job.” Rin said
Just doing the job or just want to help?” Krystal teased. Rin just silent.
Then, a knock on the door.
“Oh, Jieun-ah!!” Jiyeon and Suzy greeted her happily.
“Suzy, Krystal, I just want to say thanks a lot today. I won’t know what will happen if you guys didn’t back up for me on stage today.” Jieun said.
“Anniya. It’s not us who you are supposed to thank. You’re supposed to thank another person who got the idea first.” Krystal said while pointing at Rin who is putting back the instrument at its place.
Jieun walked towards Rin nervously. Each of her steps, she thinking many things. How should she say? What should she say? Most importantly, how will RIn react? Is it really the end of their friendship?
“R-Rin.” Jieun called out.
Rin recognised that voice. She stopped what she is doing and turned back.
“What is it?” Rin asked coldly.
“I just want to say…. Thanks for helping me …… on stage…… today.” Jieun said stuttering.
Rin turned back to her instrument. “No biggy. Ice Mages are supposed to help those in need.” Rin answered coldly.
“I--…….” Jieun stutters. Now RIn finished packing her things and the instruments are at a correct place.
“Is there anything else you wanna say?” RIn asked looking at Jieun coldly. I did mention she is in a bad mood today.
“Today’s stage…..” Jieun started.



Suzy’s POV
When we told Jieun that the main mastermind to help her was the Team Leader, Rin, Jieun slowly walks towards RIn who is packing her stuffs.
“Omona.. Is she really that brave? Unnie is in a bad mood today.” Krystal asked me while holding onto my hand tightly. (correction, more to SQUEEZING) while I just looked at the two, observing their little actions and expressions praying that they don’t fight.
“My god, does Unnie have to be so cold to Jieun because of that?” Jiyeon asked to nobody. And ofcourse no one answered as now they’re all nervous. Wondering what’s gonna happen. Rin did said that she angry at the wrong person. But who knows maybe seeing Jieun will unleash her anger. Oh heaven, please…>.< I kept praying until we saw a smile on RIn’s face for the first time in the whole day.
End of Suzy’s POV

“Today’s stage…. Was supposed to be yours and Ice Mages performance…--“ Jieun said nervously. She knew this words will cause volcano eruption from Rin who is already in bad mood.
“You’re right. Today’s stage WAS supposed to be ours; Ice Mages…” Rin answered in a serious tone. Jieun was taken aback.
“At this point, THIS is definitely the end.” Jieun thought to herself. Sadness is all in her expression and heart.
“But as I said, I aint gonna perform without a member. The show must go on. So whether is you or anybody else, it doesn’t really matters as long the fans are happy.” Rin answered in a softer tone which made the atmosphere less tension.
“Yah, do you think Jieun told Rin about her idol life now?” Suzy asked.
“I don’t think so. She won’t let RIn know about that, remember.” Krystal answered.
“Which means…… she is gonna have a tough time as usual.” Jiyeon said.
“Sadly our plan failed or else……” Krystal said.
“Plan? What plan?” Jiyeon asked.
“Ah, you weren’t here that time. We used Sica unnie’s plan. But unnie dozed off before IU appeared so it’s Mission Failed” Suzy explained.
“Oh well, let’s see how the two goes. Just leave it as it be. I believe when it’s time, Rin will know sooner or later. Just the reaction is our concern. She hate liars.” Jiyeon suggested. Krystal and Suzy nodded.
“Park Jiyeon hagsaeng, please get ready for the final event.” Announced by the announcement booth.
Jiyeon won gold in the other events.
They went down to the field to cheer for Jiyeon.
“Yah, JIeun-sshi and Rin is so friendly together.” Some students whispered.
“Yeah. On the first day, RIn treated Jieun softly. Unlike how she treat other strangers.” The student’s friend replied.
“Rin would be awesome if she could treat us like how she treats Jieun on her first day.”
“I heard she punished Jieun for being late on the second day.”
“Jinjja? As expected of Rin!! Cool and Spicy~” some students whispered.
“Park Jiyeon swipes Gold medal again!!! “ The crowd Cheered.
“Park Jiyeon, Park Jiyeon, amazing runner Park Jiyeon” the crowd chanted.
“Wah, Jiyeon is so fast.” Jieun exclaimed.
“Ofcourse, We Ice Mages dominated not only the Music but Sports club as well.
“Jieun-sshi. Would you like to join our Music club?” Rin suddenly invites Jieun for Music Club.
“Nae?” Jieun shocked by the sudden invitation.
“You were awesome on stage for the act during the break. So I thought of the invitation.” Rin said.
“Wow. Rin just invited Jieun into the club? 
“impossible. You heard wrong. The clubs that Ice Mages got to are all closed and reserved.”
The students who nearby them murmured.

*Days later*
In teacher’s office.
“Jieun-sshi. Have you decided which club to join?” the homeroom teacher asked.
Then, Jieun remembered the invitation from Rin.
“I’d join the music club and sports club.”
“Music and sports club? Are you sure?” the homeroom teacher asked. Feels unbelievable. But Jieun just nodded in response.

========================
TBC
Readers + Comments are <3