Chapter 16 (IU Birthday Tribute)

IU multi-tasking between school life and idol life

 

SELFCAM!!

Jiyeon: Summer vacation is here!!! *claps excitedly*

(background cheering from Krystal and Suzy)

Krystal: During this vacation, we’ll throw a BIG surprise for Jieun’s birthday. Hmm… wonder how will it go? *thinking*

Suzy: Should we start now, Jiyeon-ah?

Jiyeon: Ready…. START!!! (Director Style)

**********************

(Beach Paradise Resort, 2012, May 13)

 

Dear Diary,

We are at Beach Paradise Resort. Well, technically it’s supposed to be for vacation as Krystal always wants to play by the beach and also its summer break. But it turned to a performance reason when our homeroom teacher told us about the charity event going on here. OTL

 

“Wah!! The ocean is DAEBAK!!!” said Krystal cheerfully seeing a wide blue ocean in front of her.

“Come one, let’s go swimming!!” cheered Jiyeon while pulling Krystal together.

“Yah!! Be careful okay. We’re here for performance not vacation!!!” Rin shouted hoping they’d listen.

“They’re not even listening.” Rin mumbles alone. Then she turned beside her and caught a glance on Jieun who is with her guitar under the shade.

 

~Night at the backstage preparing for performance~

“Yah, what if we sing birthday song to Jieun on stage. It’d be special” Krystal suddenly suggested.

“Only birthday song and without a cake? What kind of birthday celebration is that?” said Jiyeon while straighten her outfit.

“How are we supposed to get a cake in an island with no stores? We even need a boat to get across which takes four hours.” Krystal explained. Then, they began to quarrel.

“Sure wish Fei and Jia is here. Sadly they went to Finland.” Suzy said obviously disappointed.

“You girls really want to celebrate Jieun’s birthday before she heads for Japan even without cake?” asked Rin when seeing her dongsaeng discussing. Her dongsaeng nods to her.

*sigh* “Fine. We’ll do it then. About the cake, we’ll do it after she came back from Japan. There. She gets a cake and a song in public. No more argument.” Said Rin warning her cousins who are few month younger than her.

“Now, let’s hear it for………. ICE MAGE!!!!!” said the MC.

“Let’s go.” Said Krystal and then she put her hand in the middle of the circle above the air to do the routine cheer.

“Ice Mage, freeze the clock with our music. Ice Mage HWAITING!!” they cheered and launch their hands into the air. They got up on stage. The light starts to shine on them, crowds started to cheer.

“We’d like to sing a song for a friend whom birthday is coming close. But she will be very busy during her birthday so here, we’d like to wish her all the best.” Suzy said and set the cue. They started playing the song.

 

Song: Winter Child (frm Dream High by Suzy)

 

[SUZY] Kyeoure taeeonan areumdaun dangsineun
Nuncheoreom kkaekkeuthan namanui dangsin

Gyeoure taeeonan sarangseureon dangsineun
Nuncheoreom malgeun namanui dangsin

[KRYSTAL] Hajiman bom, yeoreumgwa gaeul, gyeoul
Eonjena malgo kkaekkeuthae

Gyeoure taeeonan areumdaun dangsineun
Nunchereom kkaekkeuthan namanui dangsin

 

[JIYEON] Hajiman bom, yeoreumgwa gaeul, kyeoul
Eonjena malgo kkaekkeuthae

Gyeoure taeona areumdaun dangsineun
Nuncheoreom kkaekkeuthan namanui dangsin

[RIN] Saengil chukhahamnida, saengil chukhahamnida
Saengil chukhahamnida. Dangsinui saengireul

[ALL] Happy Birthday To You
(RIN)(Happy Birthday To You)
Happy Birthday To You
(KRYSTAL)(Happy Birthday To You)

Happy Birthday To You
(SUZY)(Happy Birthday To You)
Happy Birthday To You
(JIYEON)(Happy Birthday To You)

Happy Birthday To You
Happy Birthday To You
Happy Birthday To You
Happy Birthday To You

Happy Birthday To You
Happy Birthday To You
Happy Birthday To You

Happy Birthday To You

 

Rin’s POV

Jieun is there. Let’s do this. After Suzy’s speech, we started singing Winter Child. Jieun’s expression was delighted. For the first time, I sing birthday song to someone who is not my family members and yet, in public. Yeah, first time ever.

“Ready?” I asked after we finished the song. The others nodded. We took out confetti from our pocket and held it sky high.

“1…2...3” I counted.

“Jieun-sshi, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!” Ice Mages said and pops the confetti. The crowd cheered.

 

IU POV

After hearing Suzy’s speech, I was wondering who they are wishing to. And then, I hear my name. Such a great surprise. It’s simple and yet I’m feeling mixed emotions. Touched, happy, excited because this is the first time ever.
I felt like I’m about to cry when they smiled to me when popping the confetti. It’s the first time I had this kind of a birthday wish. It’s just too awesome that I don’t know how to describe it in words.

 

Suzy wants to throw a party for Jieun on stage as a surprise and so we did. Unexpectedly Jieun nearly cried because of it. Well, when I see Jieun happy, I’m happy and so is everybody. It’s worth it. –RIN

 

Suzy POV

“Yah, JUNG SOOJUNG!! WHEN ARE YOU GONNA WAKE UP?!” I yelled as I pulled Krystal’s blanket.

“En… 5 more minutes” Krystal said sleepily and covered herself with the blanket again.

 

Last night after concert, we had some feast till morning. It was great. But of course we might miss our ship to get across the sea because of this one sleepy head here. *sighs*

 

“Soojung-ah, we have to go back now!! If we miss the ship, Jieun may get in trouble.” Suzy said as her doesn’t want Jieun to hear. Krystal grumbles under the blanket.

Then, Rin tapped my shoulder and said “Leave it to me.” And had an evil grin on her face.

Out of nowhere, she had some ice cubes in her hands and signalled me to be quiet.

I call Jiyeon to see what trick RIn got under her sleeve to wake the sleepy head. Rin slowly loosen the collar, and slowly put the ice cubes in Krystal’s shirt. Krystal jumped by the sudden coldness until the ice cubes dropped onto the floor. We laughed at her gags.

“Ice cubes? YAH!!!” Krystal yelled frustrated.

“HAHAHA!! Ice princess waken by ice cubes. I shall tell your sister about this. HAHAHA” Rin said while laughing.

“UNNIE!!” yelled Krystal and threw a pillow. Luckily Rin managed to avoid it.

 

IU POV

I heard some noise coming from Krystal’s room. I was curious about it so I decided to check on her. When I opened the door, a pillow landed on my face.

“Oops. Off target. Sorry, Jieunie.” Krystal said apologetically.

I take the pillow and threw it back to Krystal with no intention. NO INTENTION!! But my toss, leads to pillow fight in the morning. Oh heaven lord.

But luckily we made it to the boat deck in time so I wouldn’t have to call manager-oppa to cancel the fansign In Japan. Thank God.

 

(MAY 16, Japan)

 

Dear Diary, we finally arrived in Japan. It’s time to reveal the ‘secret party’ to Jieun. Wish me luck. We have major plan to make up for the missing cake few days ago. Planned carefully for the beginning, and ending of her birthday. Today we’ll do a proper one. Yeap, songs, cakes, cheers, and fans. Ah~ I feel excited. It’s my first time planning something this BIG. Hope it will go well later. Hehe.. ^^

 

“RIN, IF WE DON’T GO NOW, WE’LL SERIOUSLY CAN’T MAKE IT IN TIME!!” Krystal yelled infront of Rin’s bedroom door.

 

Oops… Gotta go. Soojung is breaking down the door soon if I don’t open it.*bbyong* -RIN

 

“Coming… can’t you be patience? Patience is golden y’know.” Rin said while exiting the room.

“Wow. Everyone’s prepared?” Rin asked to Suzy and Jiyeon who is waiting outside the gate. They nod in response.

“Let’s make our plan SUCCESS!!” They cheered together, holding their fist in the air.

___________

 

RIN’S POV

I made an ‘OK’ sign with my fingers to Krystal who is hiding behind Jieun’s poster.

“Next” I heard the manager said.

“Here goes nothing.” I thought to myself. I braven myself and took a step forward. I had never been this nervous before even though I always plan big occasions for the school. This is smaller than school’s occasion but why the heck the nervousness is so much bigger that I feel like I’m gonna die I went infront of Jieun. She is only focused on signing so I have my elbows on the table supporting my chin while I stare at her. Usually, others would have just look at that person immediately so I thought I could get her attention that way. Looks like I was wrong.

“Yah, are you just going to ignore a friend at events like this?” I voiced. Jieun looked at me in shock.

“RIN!! What are you doing here?” Jieun asked excitedly. I point to where Krystal is hiding, she looked to the direction.

 

 

IU POV

A fan staring at me while I’m signing the cards. Well, I just ignored it. It’s not like he or she doing anything harmful, right? Just staring. Suddenly, I hear a familiar voice.

“Yah, are you just gonna ignore your friend in this events?”

I looked up. It’s Rin.

“RIN!! What are you doing here?” I asked excitedly as I thought today’s birthday I’ll celebrate alone… again...

I looked towards the direction Rin pointing to. I see Krystal, Suzy and Jiyeon waving at me happily. I was about to get up and go to them but RIn stopped me.

“Yah, finish your fan meeting first. We’ll meet later.” Rin told me and walked off so that other fans can get my autograph.

 Every half an hour, each of them take turns to pass some snacks and drinks to fans waiting in line. I feel grateful for what they are doing. I’m happy to make friends with them. They are my real friends.

20 minutes before fan meeting ends, I didn’t see any of them around. I thought they went back to the hotel so I didn’t think much and continue to sign for my fans.

The last fan waited in line. I signed for her. Suddenly, I heard birthday song sang by a familiar voice.

“Krystal’s voice?” I muttered. As the voice gets closer, I looked to my left. Jiyeon holding a cake with candles on. It says: Happy Birthday Jieun ^w^

 

 

Suzy POV

After getting the signal from the MC, we light up the candle and moved on to the stage.

“This is to make up for the missing cake few days ago.” Rin said with a smile.

“Wah... I love it. It’s peach cake.” Jieun said with a big smile on her face.

“We made it ourselves. Peach flavour and peach shaped.” Suzy said proudly. Jieun’s fans cheered as well. They also chanted “Happy Birthday IU!!” while she make a wish and blow the candles. The fan meeting ended well.

We all gathered in my room that night and had some crazy night. Rin unnie looks really cool. Wait, did my heart just raced? Oh no... >_< She’s my cousin for goodness sake!! She doesn’t have the same feeling towards me...

 

Dear Diary,

Today’s plan worked better then I’ve imagined. Seeing Jieun’s smile made me… er… heart race… But an idol like her, impossible she’d take the risk of that relationship, right? Yeah, I’d just be by her side, just like my other cousins. You think IU’s surprise is just like that? We arrived early to Japan is not just to do these simple stuffs..We had the best for the last.. *wink* –RIN

 

The Next Morning - IU POV

“Jah, I’am going back to my room.” I said and leave the room

I opened the door of my room. My eyes immediately caught a castle-shaped shadow near the window. Since the sun shines right behind it, it looks like the castle is glowing.

“Wow. Am I in a fairytail?” I thought to myself as I walk closer to the “castle”.

“P-Presents?” I was surprised. Then, I saw that a card attached on the “door.”

 I took and read it.

 

To: Jieun

Don’t you think we actually forgot about presents for a birthday girl.=^w^=

Once again, Happy Birthday Jieun. Kekeke.. Thanks to your fans for cooperating with us too.

Without their presents, this castle won’t be made this stable until you found it. IU-fans JJANG!!

 The presents wrapped in Hello Kitty are the ones we bought. The others are from your fans.

There you have it, your awesome birthday bash from the Ice Mage. ^w^v

 

                               ~Rin, Jiyeon, Suzy, Krystal, Fei & Jia~

 

“What do you think, Princess?” A familiar voice asked. I looked back. It was the girls. MY girlfriends.

“I loved it. Thanks guys.” I said while smiling. They hugged me tight.

“Happy Birthday, our Jieun.” They whispered.

I LOVE THEM... 

"Plan SUCCESS!!!" Krystal thought.

"We had never planned any big party like this before. I love the feeling!!" Rin thought.

"We hope to do it next year too." Jiyeon and Suzy thought the same. 

=====================================

Composed within few days... IU's Birthday Tribute... =^w^=

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JIEUN.. =^W^= SARANGHAE~