chapter 21

IU multi-tasking between school life and idol life

CHAPTER 21
“HYUNA HYUNA HYUNA”
“RIN RIN RIN”
Both sides of supporters cheering during the match.
“I am not gonna lose! NEVER!!” Hyuna thought and forced herself even she has reached her limit after 3 hours non-stop battle.
Aish. Why is this kid so stubborn? Is it that important to win against me?” Rin thought.

*Flashback*
Intensed B-Boy battle between the two. Always ended with a tie. Each time it ends, they only have 5 minutes to rest.

~at Rin’s corner~
“Yah jinjja.. This is taking much longer than before.” Krystal said while fanning Rin who look exhausted.
“She... Certainly... Have… improved… a…lot...” Rin said while trying to catch her breath.
“At this time, you still can praise your opponent? aigoo..” Suzy said while shook her head.
Then Rin looked at Hyuna who is stretching and preparing for the last round.
“She surely improved a lot.” RIn thought.
“Krys, start the final round. I want to end this fast.” Rin said to Krystal. The other stared at her in surprised.
“B-but…” Krystal hesitated. But later she just follows what Rin said when RIn smiled to her.

~at Hyuna’s corner~
“Damn it, my ankle hurts.” Hyuna mind-curse herself when she stretches as she felt some pain on the ankle.
“Hyuna, you better win this battle or else you’ll know what will happen.” Jiyoon threatens.
“I know unnie. I am Kim Hyuna the best dancer. I’ll never lose.” Hyuna said in confidence despite the pain in her ankle.
“Can I really win this is this kind of condition?” Hyuna questioned herself. Then she took two pills of painkiller hoping it’d last through the battle.
Suddenly she heard Krystal announces for the final battle to decide the winner.
*****************

Both of them making their way to the centre of the stage.
“Something is wrong with Hyuna.” Rin thought as she looked at Hyuna’s right leg slightly not touching the ground at the back of the feet while walking.
The battle starts with Krystal’s whistle. They were even and just as strong with head-spinning, locking, popping, blasting every skill they got. The crowd’s cheer to get more and more hyped up as time passes because the battle gets more and more fierce.
Hyuna wants to end it immediately and did a summer-sault in the air. Her landing was ALMOST perfect but kinda shaky as she lands using her right leg as a support resulting more pressure on the hurt ankle.
! Not now!!” Hyuna prayed when she starts feeling the pain getting worst. She looked at her manager Jiyoon.
Why is she looking at Jiyoon with fear in her eyes? Why is she pushing herself? She had reached her limit.” Rin thought when she saw Hyuna’s look when looking at Jiyoon. Jiyoon looking at her with fierceness in her eyes as if asking her not to quit or lose no matter what.
I don’t know what’s wrong but guess it’s time for me to end this.” Rin thought and did hand-spin with her left hand.
Why is RIn-unnie doing hand-spin withleft-hand? She’s a righty. Her left-hand won’t support her well.” Krystal whispered to Jiyeon but overheard by Suzy.
“Guess she wants to end it. There must be a winner. Since Hyuna won’t quit and both are out of stamina, she decided to give in.” Suzy whispered to Krystal while still looking at the competition.
“And how’d you know that?” Krystal asked raising an eyebrow.
“The moment when she asked you to start the final round before she catch enough breath, she already prepared her mind to give in to Hyuna if Hyuna doesn’t win before both faints.” Suzy explained.
As expected Rin’s left hand couldn’t support her. So she failed the last moves. With that, Hyuna won the battle.
***********************
Hyuna POV
“My mind kept replaying Jiyoon’s words but my heart tells me Rin and the others are not faking. What should I do? God, please give me some clues!!” Hyuna prayed. Then her eyes caught glance of a corner of the present that appeared from her bag.
“The presents?” Hyuna went to her bag and took all the presents.
“These were the lucky charms we had. Including mine.” Hyuna muttered as she took one of the charms in her hands.


*Flashback*
“I’ll be going to overseas tomorrow. Maybe we won’t ever meet again.”
In the middle of the playground when young little RIn, Krystal, Suzy, Jiyeon and Hyuna are playing, the sun has set and it’s time to part. Hyuna broke the news.
“Where are you going?” young RIn asked.
“I don’t know. But I’ll definitely come back when I succeed.” Young Hyuna said. The almost break to tears.
Then, Jiyeon pulled everyone to a accessory store. They each bought a small keychain with a bear hugging a pot of honey and on the shirt of the bear has the word “Friends4ever”
“Each of us has one!! This will be our friendship lucky charm. Never lose it nae~” Jiyeon said cheerfully. Everyone held it up sky-high admiring it.
*End of flashback*

“I still remember that one time, Jiyoon almost threw it away. I saved it back.” Hyuna muttered to herself when holding her keychain smilingly; feeling some kind of happiness. Then, Hyuna saw a letter in one of the small boxes.
We might not know what happened during these years when you were gone alone but we know one thing: Our never-ending friendship between us. Maybe you wanted to win over Rin-unnie but those were just friendly battle, right? No personal feelings, right? Then, are we still friends or everything has changed? Whatever it may be, we respect your decision. 
–The Poohs <3

“The Poohs? They still remember the name,huh?” Hyuna smiled when she read the last two words…That name came up by Hyuna when they were watching Winnie the Pooh cartoon on TV. It was their favourite cartoon all time. Even the keychain they bought is also Winnie the Pooh. (Fine... I admit this chapter is lacking charisma unlike other chapters *hides* ok... Let’s continue…)

The next day
“Hey, do you think Hyuna will come back to us?” Suzy asked suddenly.
“Why not? She is our friend.” Krystal said.
“She is our friend but her status now is different.” Suzy said while munching on her favourite cookies.
“Her manager seems to dislike us. She always had killer-glares towards us.” Jiyeon added.
“Her manager….. (Paused) kind of suspicious to me. It’s like she treats Hyuna for other purposes.” Rin said.
“Manager Jiyoon? Well which manager doesn’t treat their signed client that way? The client’s income is their commission and salary of course she always give workloads to Hyuna. On the other hand, Hyuna could improve too. Win-win.” Jieun said positively and smiling to Rin. As usual, Rin felt happy again.
“Maybe I worried too much.” RIn said and smiled back to Jieun even though her instinct keeps telling her that what she feels is right. When Hyuna passed by them, they smiled to each other as greetings. Hyuna didn’t dare to talk to them coz her manager is just the next table behind Rin and the others. She still couldn’t decide and have not given the answer yet.
*******************

(Some dark office in a high building in the middle of Seoul)
“Boss, we made enough money for our capital. We can conquer NASA and create our own planet now.” Jiyoon said to the boss in his office.
“It’s been years since we tried to destroy earth. Now thanks to Hyuna, our plan will finally succeed!! MUAHAHA.” the boss said proudly.
“Killing assassinate Hyuna’s parents and make it look like accident and then saved her from being all alone make her feel like we’re the hero and the two evil people laugh evilly.
Behind the agape door was Hyuna. She overheard everything they said. Tears started flowing.
Hyuna is walking alone in the dark street alley. She was directionless and just walking along the road remembering the times when her boss recruited her, the time when they told her that her parents passed away because of plane crash, the time when she was always told not to trust anyone. It was all planed.
Just then, she started to cry even more. Feeling the pain and misery in her heart, she went to convenience store and bought two dozens of beers. While drinking, she suddenly remembered her happy childhood times. She took out the key chain from her pocket and held it tightly in her palm.
“Yah, Kim Hyuna. You drank all these?” Krystal asked when she passed by the convenience store and saw drunken Hyuna and was shock by the number of empty cans around her.
“It’s raining heavily and you are here drinking without any shelter. Are you trying to make yourself sick or what?” Krystal nags as she tries to pull Hyuna up but she failed even after several attempts.
“Aish. I guess I need to call for help.” Krystal pulled out her phone and called. After she hangs up, she checks on Hyuna. Sheltering Hyuna with the umbrella in her hand while waiting for the backup.

Minutes later…..
“KRYSTAL JUNG!!!” A familiar voice shouted.
“RIn-Unnie!!” Krystal cheered delightly when she saw Rin running towards her.
“What happened?”
“No idea. I found her here drunken and called you for help.” Krystal said.
“Okay. Let’s take her home first before anything else.”
So Krystal helped Rin to piggy-back Hyuna while she inc-charge of keeping the two as dry as possible with the umbrella.
**************

“JIYEON, SUZY, EUNJUNG!!! SOMEBODY OPEN THE DOOR!!” Rin shouted before reaching the doorstep. Eunjung opened the door in a split second so RIn manage to run in and put Hyuna on the couch.
“Why is she drenched and… is she drunk?” Jiyeon asked when coming out from the kitchen.
“We’ll ask about it tomorrow. Now, we just need to change her clothes for her.
After Suzy and Krystal changed Hyuna’s wet clothes, Suzy realised that Hyuna’s body is heating up.
“Aish this kid is having a fever!!” Suzy said bringing all attention to Hyuna. Rin just shook her head and sighed.
“I’ll go get some fever pills.” Krystal said and dashed to the kitchen to find some medical box.
“Unnie, can I sleep with you tonight?” Jiyeon asked.
“Why?”
“I’ll lend my bedroom to Hyuna for today since she is sick. You said once, patience can’t sleep in the living room remember?” Jiyeon stated.
“Hmm.. since when my baby dino became so mature?” RIn teased and pokes her cheeks.
“Always been. Just that I love to use aegyo when I’m around you.” Jiyeon said and stuck her tongue out playfully.
“Hmm.. in that case… suggestion accepted.” RIn said and the others helped RIn to carry Hyuna to Jiyeon’s bedroom.
After they fed Hyuna the medicine, they laid Hyuna to bed and constantly checking her temperature every half an hour. When the temperature finally decreased, they finally can breathe in relief.
“Finally her fever lowered. Fuh~” Krystal commented and wiped the sweat on her forehead.
“Krys, go and bath or you’ll end up like Hyuna too. Then, go drink some milk and sleep. Ok?” Rin said to Krystal.
“It’s late, you girls go and rest. I’ll take care of this kid.” Rin said to the others. The others left including Jieun.
“She was crying? Wonder what happened.” RIn thought when she sees tear marks on both Hyuna’s cheeks.
-----------------------------------

3am
“I wonder how is she doing with Hyuna” Jieun thought unable to sleep for worrying about Rin whether can she really handle Hyuna. Hyuna isn’t only sick but drunk as well.
Jieun opens Hyuna’s door agape. She peeps through the small gap.
She’s just so caring to everyone until I hope I am Hyuna now.But I don’t want to be a burden to her in this case.” Jieun thought when she sees her gf checking Hyuna’s temperature and changing cold towels on Hyuna’s forehead without rest. Then, somebody tapped Jieun’s shoulder.
“Jiyeon? Why aren’t you asleep?” Jieun asked whisperingly.
Jiyeon could guess why and what Jieun is peeping at without even asking.
“Rin-unnie is a responsible person; don’t misunderstand or anything. She treats us the same like how she treat Hyuna now when we were sick. Just a simple reminder; her heart is pure and easily hurt like a glass’ it’s fragile. This was the reason she rarely opens up to anyone. I was really shock when she didn’t treat you as bad as she treated others.” Jiyeon said which earns a nod from Jieun. Then, Jiyeon pulled Jieun back to the bedroom and slept.
-----------------------

*RING RING RING*
Rin answered the phone.
“KIM HYUNA!! WHERE WERE YOU LAST NIGHT?!!” somebody shouted through the other line in response to it, RIn farther the distance between the phone and her ears to prevent her get deaf.
“I’m sorry but I am not Hyuna. She is busy right now and I’ll ask her to call you back later. Bye” Rin said shortly, fastly, accurately and cut the line.
“Damn my ear. That must be her manager. “ Rin muttered as she cleans her ear with cotton buds.

=======================================
A/N: There we go.. another update.. :) Sorry if it didnt reach your expectation.... *hides in a corner* anyhow, comments are always loves whether is negative or positive.. ^^ thanks~ <3