Chapter 20

IU multi-tasking between school life and idol life

 

 

Hyuna POV

“How do I get her attention? I thought if I beat her she’d ask me for a re-match but yesterday she let me win when I was just a minute away from losing. Rin, what are you doing?”

I thought to myself while walking along the coridoor.

“Yah! Didn’t you see me here?” I shouted to RIn who just walked passed me without greeting.

“Oops. Sorry I didn’t see you there. Restart, ‘Morning, Hyuna’.” Rin said as she bows.

“Drop the formality.” I said sounded annoyed though I didn’t mean to sound like that.

“As you wish.” Rin said and walked away.

“Hyuna, don’t tell me you have a crush on her?” Jiyoon my manager asked. I looked down to my feet and shook my head in response.

“You better not. One, she already has a girlfriend, and two; you won’t stay here for long. Best not to get involved in relationships.” Jiyoon warned. I nod weakly.

-------------------

(Cafeteria)

Hyuna is sitting alone at one corner. Nobody bothers nor with her at the same table. Ice Mage who sat few tables across caught glance of Hyuna playing with her food.

“She looked so lonely without Jiyoon.” Jiyeon commented.

Should I invite her together with us? But others hate her. Eottokhe?” Ice thought.

Then Rin felt a pair of hands on her arm. “Go invite her with us.” Jieun said while smiling.

“Heh? Are you sure about that?” Rin asked which she receives nods from Jieun.

“Based on what Soyeon said, you two have been competing with each other since pre-school. It’s time to end it.”

“Are you really same age as me? Wae so mature?” Rin teased. The members giggled.

“Too late. Jiyoon is back.” Krystal said shortly.

“Perhaps we’re meant to be rivals.” Suzy commented. Though Hyuna is finally not alone, but Hyuna looked really unhappy.

“What’s with that look?”Rin questioned herself and looking at Hyuna.

----------------------------------------------------

 

After school, Hyuna is walking home alone.

“Hyuna-sshi.” Rin called. Hyuna turned behind after hearing her name.

“What?” Hyuna asked coldly.

“eto…” every member digging their bags.

“Here...” Everyone show a nicely wrapped gift in their palm.

“What the—“

“Gift. We are tired of competing over the years so let’s be friends.

--------------

“No problem, president. Hyuna will help us earn the money for our plan. MUAHAHA” Jiyoon said over the phone.

“Got to go, Hyuna is here.” Jiyoon whispered through the phone and ended the call when she saw Hyuna.

“Hyuna, what’s wrong. Why you look so gloomy?”

“Jiyoon-sshi, I think the person in the world isn’t all bad as you told me.” Hyuna said. Jiyoon tightens her grip on the stering wheel.

“Some people can act nice in front of you. Don’t fall for their trick.” Jiyoon said.

Hyuna just kept silence and looked outside the window.

“Is that really so?” Hyuna thought. Then some flashback started playing in her mind.

-Flashback-

“Hyuna-yah, let’s go to the playground.” Rin always invites her to the playground to play around when they were kids. The time when she got bullied by a big dog, RIn were the one who saves her. When she hurt herself and dirtied her clothes, Jiyeon borrowed her clothes to her and treated her wounds.

“Hyuna, we’re going to move. You won’t be seeing the others anymore. Just focus on your dance.”  Hyuna’s dad tell her and they moved to USA. Hyuna takes major in Hip Hop dance and broke through internationally. Jiyoon always poisons her mind not to trust anyone at all which resulting she has no friends and always alone. Dance and music are her only friends.

-end of flashback-

 

“It’s a dream?” Hyuna muttered while rubbing her eyes lazily, looking at the ceiling still laying on her bed.

“My mind kept replaying Jiyoon’s words but my heart tells me Rin and the others are not faking. What should I do? God, please give me some clues!!” Hyuna prayed. Then her eyes caught glance of a corner of the present that appeared from her bag.

“The presents?”  Hyuna went to her bag and took all the presents.

“These were the lucky charms we had. Including mine.” Hyuna muttered as she took one of the charms in her hands.

===================================

A/N: keke.. cliffhanger!!! xD I was planning to end this is chapter 20 but I still have many ideas to put in here.. :P Jah~ Next update next week. (I guess..)