CHapter 24

IU multi-tasking between school life and idol life

CHAPTER 24

Rin walking infront of the troops. They start exploring the city. Everything feels amazing as they weren’t from that time.
“Right. So now we are in the future. What’s next?” Krystal said annoyed. They had been walking for hours and they have no destination to go.
*grrrrr~* That sound make Rin to look behind to the troop.
“Who’s stomach was that?” Rin asked.
Just then, everybody’s stomach growls including hers. They chuckled.
“Come on, there’s a hotdog stand nearby.” Rin ran towards there.
“Didn’t you say it’s just stand? What is this?”
Infront of them is a normal hotdog stand you would see in any amusement park. Just that the size is huge and the middle of it, is a door. Though it’s closed, you could actually walk through it. Just.. find the right spot.
“Well, it’s worth a try right?” Jiyeon said cheerfully and walked through the ‘entrance’.
When they entered, it’s looks more like a bar rather than a hotdog stand.
“Good day, mate. We provide snacks, lunch, breakfast, dinner and beverages. What would you like? –beep-“ a metallic waiter asked them and lead them to a table.
“Erm.. “ all of them read the menu.
“Chicken steak, burgers, and coke please.” Jiyeon said. All of them look at her when the robot waiter types the order and prints out on the spot. The paper came out from his mouth.
“Yah, we don’t have their currency, remember.” Rin whispered to Jiyeon.
“But these are the cheapest set ever. 15J” Jiyeon points the menu.
“Is ok. We’ll work on the price later. Since it’s the cheapest, we’ll fill our stomach first.” Jieun said.
*sighs* “Ok. We’ll all have the same. Any objections?” Rin asked while looking at each of them. She turned back to the waiter when receives shake of heads. “That’s all for now.”
When the waiter goes away, they started discussion.
“15J. what does J stands for? How their currencies look like and what’s their lifestyle? We must find out.” Krystal said and Jieun writing down everything,.
“Right. And by time, we must find a way to go back to our time. We are not supposed to be here at all.” Rin said which earns nods from the rest.
“Here is your meal, mate. That would be 75J please.” The waiter said and opened a cashier machine at his stomach so that they can put the money in.
“Erm. Can we pay later? After our meal.” Rin asked nervously. Suddenly that tin-can waiter’s face gone red like a kettle when the water is boiled with whistle sounds.
“I’ll help them pay. How much was it again?” A short hair woman in her sleeveless leather outfit said while making her way to the table. RIn and the rest were stunned by the charm of that woman.
“75J please.” The boiling tin-can cooled down and answered to the lady. The lady took out her LED card and swaps it on the paying machine on the robot.
“Erm.. Thanks for helping us. We will pay you back when we can.” Krystal said while Jiyeon trying to bring RIn back to reality.
“You’re drooling.” Jiyeon teased.
“Girls, introductions.” RIn said. All of them stand up and began introducing themselves.
“I’m Krystal…”
“Jieun..”
“Jiyeon..”
“Eunjung…”
“Suzy…”
“Hyuna..”
“And lastly, I’m Rin.” They bowed together.
The lady flashed a smile and said..
“I bet you must be the leader out of all. I’m Gil Ra Im. A stuntwoman.”
Their eyes widened when hearing that name. Gil Ra Im sat and chit chats with them.
“So you guys were from the past?” Ra Im whispered to them.
“Yeah. We don’t know how we came and worst we don’t know how to go back.” Jiyeon said.
“Oh well, I had been here for three years already and literally I just go with the flow.” Ra Im said.
“3 years. Which means you are not from here too?”
“Nope. But since I’ve worked my popularity up until here, I don’t think I would start again by going back to the past.”
Silence taken over the atmosphere until Gil Ra Im once again asked a question.
“DO you girls have place to stay? It’s getting dark.”
“Dark? But it’s only 3pm.” RIn said and see her watch.
“Past watch can’t work in the future.” Ra Im smilingly said and taking off her wristwatch. Then she took Rin’s left hand where she had her watch from the past on it and took the watch off.
“It’s one of my favourite watches so take good care of it.” Ra Im said and wore the watch on RIn’s wrist replacing the old watch.
“GIL RA IM!!!” A voice called out.
“Ah, I got to go. I have shooting for my scene. Catch you girls later.” Ra Im stood up and turned back; took one step forward already but she stopped at her pace when Rin called her.
“Wait, can we stay and see you in action? Please.”
Ra Im smiled and said “Yeah, sure.”
They followed Ra Im to the shooting site in the café. Krystal spotted a magazine stand and grabbed a magazine randomly. When they reached at the filming place, the staff double checked the equipments wirings on Ra Im before setting her off for the ‘flying’ scene.
“Oh my. No wonder she doesn’t want to go back. She is an international stuntwoman. Even made her name in Guinness World Record.” Krystal whispered to Jiyeon. Jiyeon amazed and read the article entitled “Successful Stuntwoman of The Century – Gil Ra Im”.
“Yah, focus.” Rin nudged Jiyeon. Jiyeon showed Rin the article. She read and amazed at Gil Ra Im. Gil Ra Im disappeared in the forest when everyone thought she was dead. But 5 years later she came back to showbiz…
“Yeah, and that 5 years refers to three years ago. “ Krystal asked arched an eyebrow.
“Well that is possible. Since Ra Im unnie did said she was here for 3 years.” Jiyeon said.
“Don’t think about it. Time travel tends to get confusing.” Hyuna said.
With the mind-set of “Go with The flow”, the foces on watching their idols infront of them in action. Yeah, they are all fans of Gil Ra Im. They cried a river when it’s reported that Gil Ra Im was lost in the jungle when jungle-biking. Well, atleast now they know that Gil Ra Im is safe and will be back years later.
“CUT!!Good Take!” The director said.
Jiyeon sensed some staff bringing towels and water obviously gonna give to Ra Im, she quickly grabbed it from the staff.
“I know you wanted to do it long time ago. “ JIyeon said while handing a towel to RIn while she herself holding a bottle of water.
“Why is my favourite kid so awesome?” RIn said and hugged Jiyeon dearly. Then they made their way to Ra Im.
“You’re amazing.” Rin said and helped Ra Im wiped her sweats.
Ra Im drank the water Jiyeon gave her. Then she said “Back away few steps.”
Filled with curiousity, they just followed.
Ra Im then poured the cold water over her head and then shook her head left and right making the water from her hair splashing all over. Rin and Jiyeon both amazed by that action. Look so charismatic at the same time so cool.
============================

Gil Ra Im’s house
Gil Ra Im invited Ice Mage to stay with her since she stayed alone.
“Wow” All of them exclaimed when they entered the house.
“But will it be okay if the paparazzi caught some kids coming out from your house?” Rin asked in concern.

Ra Im POV
Showed them my house. They reminds of me when I was young. Adventurous and not afraid of anything. Just that they are lucky to have each other and I was alone. I call it fate for meeting them.
“But will it be okay if the paparazzi caught some kids coming out from your house?” Rin asked in concern.
“Yeah it’s fine. I’d just say I rent some extra rooms to you girls. Just relax okay.” I said smiling at them.
“Okay. Now let’s plan what can we do to make a living.” Hyuna said.
“Well, we can work as Ice Mage like back in the past.” Jieun suggest.
“No. That’s too risky. IF we gets as famous as then, we might end up stuck here forever.”
“Hmm… “
“Be my manager” I suddenly blurted out.
“Heh?”
“Well, be my managers and you girls won’t have to worry of becoming famous and stuck in this century forever.” I explained.
“Well….” Rin doubted.
“Or not you girls can play music at the club. In clubs no one will focus on the music, they only focus on their own things. Think about it. Oh yes, the 2nd floor are all bedrooms. Choose whichever you like. The first on the right is my room” I said smilingly and left them in the living room.

===============================================