Chapter 25 -FINAL-

IU multi-tasking between school life and idol life

-Ice Mage Chat-room chats-
RIN: EMERGENCY MEETING!!!
KRYSTAL: What’s up?
SUZY: Why? Any problem?
IU: Why why why? O.o?
HYUNA: Spill it out!!
RIN: I finally found a way to go back!! Who’s with me?!!
HYUNA: *0* ReALLY?!!
IU: I’m in I’m in!!
KRYSTAL: Unnie DAAEBAKKK!!! ^^b
SUZY: What’s the plan?
RIN: We need to find a professor. He created a time machine. But it won’t be easy to persuade him though.
IU: Which professor?
RIN: Prof. Mandell.
HYUNA: Unnie, have you asked Jiyeon’s opinion? She seems to like it here.
KRYSTAL: I bet Dino is in unnie’s room now messing up her bed as usual. Kkekeke.
HYUNA: Oh yeah, hahaha..xD
RIN: She is in for it. I’ve mentioned to her last night and she was so happy about it. So, no worries. :D
EUNJUNG: If Dino is in, I’m in too.. :D
RIN: ALRIGHT! CALL! We’ll search about the professor when everyone gathered after lunch.
HYUNA: Why gather after lunch when we can gather now?
RIN: Now? Aren’t you girls somewhere scattered around for shopping spree?
SUZY: supposed to but it rained the moment we step out of the house. =__=||
KRYSTAL: And I’d rather sleep than do anything when it rains so we cancelled the plan.
IU: Which … I am bored to death with my guitar here.
RIN: ALRIGHT! Then we’ll go grab some lunch and hunt the professor.
IU: GO GO SSING!!!
*****
They all gathered at the dining table. They place scissors, paper, and rock to determine who prepares food and who prepares drinks. To their dismay, Jiyeon lost so she has to cook. Eunjung on the other hand lost when determining who makes drinks.
Their face turned dark when Jiyeon lost. She seriously can’t cook. Maybe she can cook simple dishes like ramyun or boil eggs but when comes to using flames or gas, everyone is totally worried their house will be filled with firefighters later.
While others waiting for Jiyeon to cook, they don’t only wait. They prayed. Hoping Jiyeon doesn’t set the house on fire just like when she was an 8 year old kid. Yeah, when she was 8, she has passion for cooking, end up instead of cooking; she set the house on fire.
Eunjung finished the drinks and served them personally to everyone and then sat at the dining table chattering with the rest at the same time admiring Jiyeon who is seriously making food.
“I smell something weird.” Rin said alerted the rest as she sniffed the air.
When Rin turned back, she’s shock that she see the pan on fire.
“Oh heaven!!” Rin said and immediately rushed to Jiyeon to extinguish the fire.
“Can you ever be careful when you cook? Go and sit, I’ll handle the cooking.” Rin said and Jiyeon obeyed. Few minutes later, Rin finished the cooking and served.

*FLASHBACK*
Years back…
“Girls, we’ll be back late okay. So Rin, take care of the younger ones. You’re old enough.
“Nae~ I will omma.” Rin said to her mum and smiled at her dad.
Rin’s parents going out with Suzy,Krystal and Jiyeon’s parents for an event.
“I’m hungry.” Krystal said.
“I’ll cook” Jiyeon excitedly volunteered herself.
So, Jiyeon start cooking. But in the end because Jiyeon went to watch TV halfway and did not take care of the fire, the house is burnt down. Lucky for them, the house is a cheap one since its left over by Rin’s grandparents after they passed away. Looks like a country house. But because it’s burnt, they moved in to a bigger house later.
*END OF FLASHBACK*

“Hey guys.” Ra Im greets as she came back from shopping.
“Hey~~” they replied.
“Wah. No wonder I smell nice fragrant from outside.” Ra Im praised.
“Aigoo. This is awesome.” Ra Im praised again as she taste the chicken chop a bit from Rin’s plate.
“It’s Rin’s cooking.” Suzy said crediting to Rin.
“That’s because Jiyeon nearly set the kitchen on fire.” IU teased and laughed which earns her a hit from Jiyeon. Everyone laughed at the two.
After lunch, they set out together roaming streets by streets searching for whereabouts of that professor.
“Guys, can’t we rest? I’m tired.” IU said while panting.
Rin looked at the rest. They all nodded agreeing with IU.
“Fine, we’ll take a break at the café there.” Rin said as she points to the nearest café.
“Oh yes, unnie. Where are we supposed to look for the professor?” Jiyeon asked.
“I have no idea.” Rin answered shortly.
“We can’t possibly just yell his name at the streets right?” Suzy asked.
“Of course not. Unless you want to investigate how different is 2330 and 2012 jails.” Jiyeon said half giggling at her own statement.
They all thinking hard. After having enough breaks, they went roaming again searching blindly for any clue of the professor.
“Unnie, can’t we stop by here for a minute?” IU said as she passed by a store she likes. Lots of cute stuffs.
“We can’t. We just had break you know.” Rin answered and with disappointment, IU just tagged along.
Few minutes later, Jiyeon’s turn to ask to stop at a snack store.
“Unnie, let’s go in here.” Jiyeon said as she pulled Rin’s arm entering a snack store.
“A snack store? But you just ate.” Rin whined.
“That was digested long ago~~” Jiyeon said using her aegyo.
In defeated feeling, RIn just gave up and followed Jiyeon in. Others just tagged along entering the store leaving daydreaming IU outside.
IU POV
When I asked for it, she always said no, but when Jiyeon asked for it she always gave Jiyeon what she wants. Looks like I’m not even important to the team.
“IU-ah …” Suzy called my name and come towards me.
“Nae?”
“What’s with that face?” Suzy asked as she sees me frown.
“Nothing. It’s just….”
“I have advice for you. Whatever you think RIn is doing to you, is not true. Talk to her, you’ll understand. We all have been through what has happen to you nowadays so even Rin did not tell us; we know what she is up to this time.” Suzy said smiling at me.
Rin is up to something? Should I talk to her?
I thought.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That night.
Everyone is dead tired laying on the couch like a dead squid with arms and leg spread wide.
“You girls must be tired. Drink up.” Rin said as she served them with vitamin drinks.
“Urgh... Why is the prof. so good at hiding? I hate him!” Jiyeon complained.
“Come on, Dino. Don’t hate him. He is gonna help us go back home. Don’t you want to go home?” Rin asked as she sat beside Jiyeon playing with her hair as Jiyeon lay on Rin’s lap.
“Which professor?” Ra Im asked shortly when she overheard the conversation after coming out from bath.
“Professor Mandell.” Jiyeon said.
“Prof.Mandell? You girls are in luck. He is my friend. Well, sort of. I can call him up if you want to.” Ra Im said.
The Ice Mage is so happy to hear that.
“Seeing your faces, I bet all agree to my suggestion. I’ll call him in the morning.” Ra Im said and all nodded in unison.
*ding dong*
Jiyeon went open the door.
“Who is it?”
“Pizza? Daebak!!” Jiyeon is happy seeing few box of pizza in front of her as she signed for receives.
“Wah! Pizza.”
“You girls must be hungry, so let’s call it as a farewell party for you girls.” Ra Im said smiling bitterly.
And so they all have a fun night.
Ra Im and Suzy are having fun together, Hyuna and Krystal chatting together, Jiyeon and Rin playing with food teasing and feeding one another. This scene make IU felt abandoned.
“I’m going back to my room.” IU said as she stood up almost leaving the place until Rin grab her wrist.
“What’s wrong?” Rin asked IU concerned.
“Nothing, I’m just tired.” Iu said shortly and released Rin’s grip from her wrist and entered her room.
RIN POV
IU left the party to go back to her room coz she is tired? As if I’ll believe that.
“Unnie, I think you’ve gone too far about your plan.” Jiyeon said.
“My plan? You girls know my plan?” I asked curiously and shocked.
“Obviously. We ALL had the experience too. “ Suzy said while reminiscing herself felt abandoned by the others but after that she became independent in the end and stop relying on Rin for anything easy to get.
“Yeah. I remembered Jiyeon cried badly when you abandoned her and she felt lonely till you tell her is a test to train her heart to be strong mentally. But after months later, she did not cry and even passed your test.
“Yeah, it’s hard but the result is good.” I said proudly.
“It’s good but isn’t it enough already? For the past 3 months you have been doing it. We only had it for a month.” Krystal said.
“But she’s an idol. I need to see how strong she can go?” I said.
“3 months is enough already. It’s more than anyone can do. Even I can only stand abandonment for 2 months maximum.” Suzy who is the 2nd strongest mentality said.
“Fine. I’ll talk to her.” Rin said as she goes to IU’s room.
I knocked on the door, no answer.
I opened the door slowly, the room is dark.
From the dark I can see a figure hugging her knees close to her chest thanks to the full moon light. Sobs can be heard even it’s not loud.
“JiEun-ah…” I called.

IU POV
I cried alone in my room the moment I came in. I hugged the rillakuma doll Rin gave me as present and wet it with tears.
Then I heard door knocks. I ignored it thinking that Jiyeon maybe Suzy will go away.
I was slightly shocked when I heard Rin calling my name and I can hear her footstep walking towards me. I quickly wiped my tears.
Rin sat beside me.
“Aren’t you gonna move in? I’m about to fall y’know.” Rin said sounds like teasing.
I moved in obediently preventing her from falling off the bed.
Silence falls in.
“If you cried after three months of loneliness, how are you gonna survive in the industry?” Rin said breaking off the silence.
“What are you trying to say?” I asked her curiously.
Rin took a deep breath and said “Jiyeon, Suzy, Krystal…. Three of them had experienced it. Even Hyuna though not in my plan. They experience abandonment, loneliness, and ‘no-one-to-turn-to’ moment. I only test Jiyeon, Suzy and Krystal for a month. Hyuna experienced it by herself over the years she left the country, and I experienced it when I lost my parents in a plane crash. The plane was on fire was all I remembered. I was intended to test you for 2 months but I kind of lost track so… well, that’s all I want to say. It’s all to train your mentality.”
I was shock hearing the explanation.
“Why didn’t you tell me?” I asked.
“If I tell you, it can’t be called as a test or training anymore.” Rin said and wiped JiEun’s tears.
“No worries, it’s the end.” Rin said smiling.
Next Morning
“Here we are. Prof.Mandell’s mansion.” Ra Im said as she stopped at a forest.
“Mansion? All I see is trees.” Jiyeon said as she get off the car.
“Well, I had the same comment went I first came here.” Ra Im said and placed her palm on one of the tree. An LED number pad appeared and Ra Im pressed some numbers.
Awhile later, the mansion appeared. Ice Mage eyes widened. They followed Ra Im inside the mansion and met prof.Mandell.
“So I heard Ra Im said you girls want to go back,huh?” Prof said. The girls nodded.
“Do you think you can help them?” Ra Im asked politely.
“Of course I can. Just step into the capsule and you’ll be back in no time.”prof.mandell happily said coz he finally have something or someone to test that machine.
Obediently Ice Mage does as they are told.
“Year 2012, please.” Rin said. Prof.Mandell nodded and pressed some buttons.
A beam of light shone on the Ice Mage and they disappeared.
“IT WORKED!! IT WORKED!!” Prof.Mandell cheered happily when the machine stated – Status: Object transferred to 2012 – successful
“I’m gonna miss them.” Ra Im said to herself trying to cheer herself up but eventually she cried.
-------------------------
“Where are we?” Rin asked.
“I think we’re back.” Suzy said as she shows Rin the newspaper she got from the ground.
“WE ARE BACk!!!” They cheered and hugging each other happily.
“But then again, WHERE ARE WE?!!” Krystal yelled.
“About time you girls came back.” A voice said from behind them.
“Soyeon? Boram? What are you ..I mean what brings you here?”Jiyeon asked curiously. Ice Mage is shock to see them also.
“This.” Soyeon said showing a leaflet to Jiyeon.
“What the… We went missing and there’s news about us?” Krystal asked.
“Yeah. Fans are concerned so we released THIS to calm them down.” Boram shows them another article when she said the word ‘THIS’.
“Ice Mage is on vacation preparing for a comeback stage and official debut under LOEN ENTERTAINMENT?!!!!!”
“Boram will be in charge of your diet and I will in charge for your schedules. Like a manager.” Soyeon announced.
“Wait. You already signed the contract?” Rin asked in shocked.
“Contract... You sign yourself. LOEN agreed to it because the boss saw you practicing once in their practice room. Besides, the fans are happy to it and it even made 10k likes in Youtube in just 2 hours after it’s released.
Hearing that, Ice Mage jaw dropped.
“How about JiEun..I mean IU..” Suzy asked.
“She will be a free runner. Which means your schedule will not clash with hers. This means she can promote as Ice Mage and soloist IU. “A man said. He is the LOEN president they saw when they had practice. That man was peeping into the practice room and smiled.

Months later
Ice Mage 1st full album: Ice Mage FREEZE
They had their first debut stage on M!Countdown. Despite their 1st time, they won the mutizen award.
The crowds are mostly their schoolmates.
“Ice Mage finally debuted as real idols.” One of them said.
“I knew they can do it. They always have the vibe when they perform in school.” Another said agreeing to his girlfriend. The crowd roared at the win.
“Ice Mage!!”
“Ice Mage!!”
“Ice Mage!!”
“Ice Mage!!”
“Ice Mage!!”
“Ice Mage!!”
“Ice Mage!!”

*back stage*
"ICE MAGE, FREEZE THE CLOCK WITH MELODY!! BURNS THE STAGE WITH FLAME OF CHARISMA!!