CHAPTER 18

IU multi-tasking between school life and idol life

CHAPTER 18
Rin pulled Jieun out from the celebration hall after leaving the stage and handed presents to SNSD.
“Unnie, Rin is going to do an important thing with Jieun and we are in task to help her. So can we leave early?” Krystal whispered to Sunny.
Taeyeon who overheard says “Sure. Looks like it’s gonna be a confession. Go hurry and help them.” The younger members of Ice Mages bows in thanks to all SNSD members and chased out from the hall.
---------------------------------------

(Somewhere in the park)
“Where are we?” Jieun asked after they stopped in the middle of somewhere.
Krystal passed a recorder to Rin. Rin used the recorder and blows a song. Which song that uses recorder? IU’s PEACH of course. After RIn finished the song, she slowly approaches Jieun.
“That song, that lyric, is my feeling to you. You sang my voice.” Rin said. Then they looked towards the night sky when they heard fireworks. The first and second blast was just normal, but the third... breaks to the sky that reads “Be mine, Lee Jieun.” Then, Rin started to say a poem.


The first time when I see you in class, I wasn’t my usual self
I can’t be usual self when you are around me,
I can’t get angry with you even if you did a mistake,
I can’t be as cruel to you as I did with other coz it will break my heart,
I can’t be cold to you, it breaks me apart
I can’t bear to make you sad, it’d make me cry
I will forget about the reality when I see your smile,
I will always make you happy and won’t hurt you,
I don’t know how but yes you captured my heart,
Lee Jieun……… Be Mine.

At the word, “Be Mine” RIn kneeled down with a flower and couple ring in her hand. Jieun happily nodded with happy tears. Rin smiled happily and put the couple ring on Jieun’s ring finger. Jieun hugged Rin tightly and couldn’t stop smiling. Other Ice Mage members came out from their hiding spot and surrounded them. Rin carries Jieun and sin her around. After that, Rin put her down and shared a passionate kiss.
“Yah!! There’s an under-aged kid here.” Fei teased which makes the new couple pulled back.
“Unnie, you’re evil. I’m not under-aged!!” Jiyeon said.
“Yeah, and you just broke their sweet moment. Evil Fei.” Krystal backed Jiyeon’s words.
“Oh, so Evil Fei was my usual nickname?” Fei asked sounded sarcastic which caused the others to burst into laughter.
“Yah didn’t know Rin is good in poems.” Fei said.
“Nope. It wasn’t in the plan at all. Guess it was a last minute one.” Krystal said.
“Last minute?” Fei said and raised an eye-brow.
“yeap. Usually when Rin is thinking of Jieun, the only way to express her feeling is by poem.” Jiyeon added.
“Yeah, poems are short and easy to understand. She doesn’t have to write a whole article every time she thinks of her; instead a poem is the best.” Suzy said.
“Guess, I’d give up now. None of my crush became my lover.” Suzy thought. Just then she spotted someone. Her first crush.
“SUZY!!! Can’t believe I’d meet you here!!!” Suzy’s first crush ran towards them and sat beside Suzy.
“Ssul. What are you doing here? Didn’t you migrate to Canada?”
“Yeah. I came back here for my studies.”
“Erm.. Care to introduce?” RIn said sarcastically.
“Oh em.. sorry.” The girl stands up and bows before continuing.
“My name is Sulli. I am Suzy’s bestfriend.”
“sulli? Our neighbour, Sulli?” Rin asked.
“You must be Rin. It’s been long.” Sulli said and offered a hand-shake. Rin took the hand.
“Yah, who is that?” Fei asked whispering to Jiyeon.
“Suzy’s crush neighbour.” Jiyeon answered shortly.
“Why didn’t you said you’re coming back. We could meet you at the airport.” Suzy asked.
“I did. I emailed you two days ago.” Sulli said.
“Really? It’s been a week since I check my mail. Sorry.” Suzy apologised.
“Actually, other than studies, I have another reason to come back.” Sulli suddenly said. Everyone looked at her curiously. Suddenly Sulli’s face turned serious.
“Can you be my girlfriend?” Sulli asked Suzy while holding on Suzy’s hand.
“WHAT?!!!” Ice Mages are shocked including Fei and Suzy herself.
**********
“where’s Suzy?” Rin asked when she saw other in the living room except Suzy.
“In her room.” Jiyeon answered shortly.
“Deer, where are you going?” Jieun asked when she see RIn going on opposite direction.
“I’m going to check on Suzy. “
“I’m coming with you.” Jieun said and followed along.

Suzy POV
“It’s just a dream right?” I thought. 
Then my phone beeped. A message from Sulli.
Frm: Ssul
It’s okay if you just want to be friends. But please don’t ignore me. TT^TT
I sighed and threw my phone beside me.
*knock knock*
“Suzy-ah.. are you okay?” It’s Rin-unnie’s voice.
“I’m coming in.” RIn said and entered my room. She is not alone.
“Zy~ What’s wrong? Your crush confessed to you isn’t it. You should accept it.” RIn said and sat at the corner of my bed while caressing my hair.
“I know but.. I’m just not sure.” I said shortly.
“Then, how can you be sure if you don’t give her a chance? Perhaps she IS the one.” Jieun said.
I thought a lot. Suddenly I remembered the time when we were playing kissing game in our pre-school. The moment that spark came. We even need the teacher to break us apart or we’d end up kissing like forever.
“Unnie,…” I said. In doubt. But if I’m not wrong, this is the only way to know if the spark will come if I do it to the person other than Sulli.
I looked at Jieun and took a deep breath.
“K---Kiss me.” I said whisperingly but loud enough for the new couple to hear.
“What?” Rin shocked.
“Remember I had kissing game with Sulli? That’s when the spark came and lasted like forever. I want to know if the spark will come if I do it to anyone else. Just once unnie.”
Rin looked at Jieun. Jieun sighed and noded. We replayed the whole scene of the kissing game. First was Jieun and Rin kiss. Then Rin and Me.
“S-so.. Anything?” Jieun asked nervously.
Surprisingly there’s no spark. And my body doesn’t even respond to it. I shook my head in response to their question.
“No spark? Then what are you waiting for? Ask Sulli out” Rin said.
Immediately I called Sulli and asked her to meet me in the playground opposite the dorm.
****************
(Playground)

Sulli POV
“Suzy, glad you asked me out. You scared me when you just left the park.” I said.
As suggested by Suzy, we sat on the grass and talked all night. Told her how I lived in Canada and all. Then there are meteor showers.
“Even I am in Canada, there are lots of hot guys there but I kept thinking of the kissing game we once had.” I said suddenly.
“Should we… play it again? J-J-Just... The two of us.” I am surprised that Suzy suggested that. I nodded.
The person who wins in scissors, paper, and stone game gets to make the first move. Since I won, I made the move. I expect no response from her even if we kissed under a romantic scene like in a movie or something but with mind-set Suzy only take it as a game, I did my move and keep my hope low.

Suzy POV
I lost the game so it’s Sulli’s move. I shut my eyes as she approached. I can feel her lips on mind. Slow, steady and cautious.
“This is the feeling I once had.”
“This is it.”
“This was the feeling at that time.”
We kissed almost a minute. I thought and some flashback during the kissing game in the past.
It’s the same feeling. Those spark. And seems like my body recognised it. It responded to Sulli’s kiss.
After a lot of thinking, I pulled back.
“S-Sorry. It’s just---“I cut Sulli’s words.
“No need to apologise. You took my first kiss since we were kids. You are my first crush. I thought that changed over the years and I was wrong. That spark since that day, sparks again today.” I said giving hints to her that I am hers since she took my first kiss when we were kids.
“So, we can be couple?” Sulli asked. I can hear some hesitant in her tone. I nodded to her in response. Sulli ran around the field and cheered happily.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Other Ice Mage members are peeping through Rin’s bedroom window the moment Suzy goes out to meet Sulli.
“Looks like Suzy and Sulli are official now.” Krystal said while looking at the couple in the playground.
“Two couple made in a night. Awesome.” Fei commented proudly.
“Excuse me. But the last time I checked, you only made ONE couple not TWO.” Rin said.
“I think you better check on her.” Jiyeon said while pointing to Jieun.
“Bunny-ah, wae? “ Rin asked in aegyo while shaking Jieun’s arm playfully.
“How was the kiss?It’s nice right?” Jieun asked and loosen the grip and crossed her arm on her chest.
“Bunny-ah, that kiss meant nothing. My first kiss already gave to you.” Rin said still in aegyo.
“Kiss? Who did you kissed unnie. No wonder Jieun is mad.” Jiyeon asked.
“She kissed Suzy because Suzy want to test the spark.” Jieun said and left the bedroom.
“Bunny-ah~” Rin said and followed Jieun from behind.
“But didn’t unnie always kiss us---? Krystal stopped halfway.
“On the forehead. FOREHEAD!!” Rin quickly explained.
“Yeah, on the forehead. But she kissed Suzy on the lips.”
“Bunny-ah, you’re jealous right. Aigoo. You agreed to help her to find the sparks too. And it’s only five seconds. We had a minute the other day.” RIn said. Hearing what Rin said made Jieun blushed.
“Wow.. Enough details!!” Fei stopped them before any personal stuffs leaked.
“No matter how we count, you still win. First kiss, and also the time count.” Rin said proudly. Jiyeon handed a peach to Rin and RIn attempts to feed Jieun.
“Come on. Don’t sulk to me anymore please.” Rin begged and luring her with the peach Jiyeon passed to her.
“Promise me no more kissing other girls. That lips is my property.” Jieun said while showing her pinky finger and ate the peach. Rin locked her pinky with Jieun’s.
“Promised. It’s carved ‘Bunny-Jieun’s property, others no entry.’” Rin said cheekily which made Jieun blushed more.
“GO GET A ROOM!!” Fei said and threw a cushion to Rin when the couple NEARLY had another session in front of the kids.