Chapter 11

IU multi-tasking between school life and idol life

 

 “Eh, isn’t that Eunjung?” Suzy asked Jiyeon when they passed by at a restaurant. Eunjung is wearing a white longs sleeve and a black vest

“Wah. Eunjung looked handsome in that outfit.” Suzy commented. Jiyeon is still staring at ‘handsome Eunjung’. Realising Jiyeon didn’t answer her, she looked at Jiyeon who is blushing and decided to .

“You fell in love with Eunjung-oppa?” Suzy whispered in Jiyeon’s ear playfully. Jiyeon blushed.

“Hey, Yah!! You’re gonna get it!!” Jiyeon snapped back to reality and start chasing Suzy across the street.

 

Eunjung’s POV

After work, I went to my normal place – The Park. I lay on the bench comfortably with my bag as my pillow.

“Another day is over. With this much should be enough if everyone combines their money to get the sets.”I thought as I counted the money in my hands.

I took a bit of nap before start another work in the morning at 3am delivering newspapers.

 

D-6

(Practice Room)

“Oh my... It’s raining cats and dogs.” Krystal said while looking outside the window.

“Where the heck is Eunjung?” asked Jiyeon while eating her snack with Suzy and Jieun.

Suddenly the door flung open revealing a drenched Eunjung, panting and exhausted.

“Oh My god Eunjung!!” Jiyeon shrieked and everyone goes to her. Suddenly Eunjung fainted. Luckily Rin’s reflex is fast enough to catch her.

“I’ll go and ask some blankets.” Jieun said as she exits the room.

“Unnie, she is awake.” Jiyeon said excitedly when Eunjung moved slightly and opened her eyes slowly.

“Yah, are you even aware of the rain?” RIn starts nagging.

“There we go. It’s gonna be long.” Jiyeon whispered to Krystal.

“What if you had fever until the day of our performance? Who is going to take your part?” RIn continues her nag until Jieun came in with some dry clothes and blankets.

“yah, how come you fainted? You know we almost had a heart attack?” Rin asked.

“I haven’t eaten since last night.” Eunjung said and gave an awkward giggle while scratching the back of her neck.

“Nah. Eat it.” Jiyeon feed some chips to Eunjung. Eunjung blushed but still ate it. Suzy noticed the blush.

“Seems like they both liked one another.”Suzy thought.

“oh yes, Rin. Here is a little contribution from me to the club.” Eunjung said as she took out an envelope from her bag. Everybody looked at the envelope curiously while RIn peeping inside of it.

“Yah, we don’t need this. I know what your motive is but no we will not accept this. Just keep it for future use. We don’t need your money for it” Rin return the envelope.

“You work as waiter and get this much of pay?” Suzy asked as she now peeping in the envelope with Krystal, Jiyeon and Jieun.

“Not really. I did a little newspaper delivery in the morning as well.”

“So where do you stay?” Rin asked.

“er…”

(Oh man. This is the question I am most afraid of.)(Eunjung)

 

“T-the  ...P-park.” Eunjung said in low voice and hung her head low.

“THE PARK?!!” Everybody was shocked by the answer.

“Er.. Yeah.. I was robbed when I came to Seoul so I slept there since my salary is not enough to rent a house. And I kept staying there coz it’s comfortable even I had my salary to rent a room.

Suddenly Suzy had an idea.

“Unnie unnie..” Suzy whisperingly called RIn. Rin goes closer to her.

“I realized Jiyeon and Eunjung blushed when they are intimate to one another. Let’s invite Eunjung to stay with us.”

“You realized it too? I did think of it. Well, since you agreed, I’ll do it.” RIn whispered back.

Suzy nods happily.

“Well, if you really had no place to stay, you can stay with us. We’ll make our house as our dorms then. Since most of our members stays there. Except for Jieun. It’s easier to meet up for anything that way.”

“You guys really don’t mind?” Eunjung asked while looking at the others. All shook their heads except Jiyeon who is still shock by the sudden suggestion.

Rin snaped her fingers in front of Jiyeon which make her came back to reality.

“You mind her living with us today onwards?” RIn asked. Jiyeon shook her head.

“Good. Then it’s decided.”

____________

 

D-5

They were helping Eunjung to prepare her bedroom.

“Guys, if you’re done with Eunjung’s room, we’ll have a short meeting!!” Rin shouted until the whole dorm could hear. Yeah, now their home had turned to dorm.

Now everyone gathered at the dining table. It’s dinner time of course.

“Jah~ simple ramyeon for dinner.” Rin said while serving the ramyeon to everyone.

“Does mine has egg?” Jiyeon asked

“Two eggs for you.”

“Does mine has sausages?” Krystal asked.

“Yeap, two for you.” They cheered happily.

“Wow. Daebak. Why is all doubled tonight?” Suzy asked.

“Yeah, usually it’s only one.”

“Well because you girls had been practicing hard in Loen room.” Rin said as she sat and dined in.

“Kids, what if we go to an island for training camp to practice.” Rin suggested.

“But how about the instruments?” Eunjung asked.

“That is already solved. That vacation home actually has a band room as well. Because they’d often had band performance.” RIn answered.

“OKAY! TRAINING CAMP HERE WE COME!!!” The younger ones cheered happily.

“We’ll go first thing tomorrow morning. So pack up after dinner.”

“NAE~~!”

Hurriedly they ate and rushed to pack their things. Not to mention, they slept early tonight just so they could wake up in time tomorrow morning.

---------------

D-4

(An Island in Chunhyang-do)

“Jah~ practices first, play later okay?” said RIn.

“Nae~” everyone agrees. They enter the vacation home. It’s big and looked luxurious on the inside but on the outside it looked like a normal lodge house.

“Guys! Found the band room!!” Krystal shouted from somewhere. We followed the voice and…

“WOW!! Daebak!! The sets looked so new and shiny.” Suzy commented.

“The place looked big too.”

“Okay. Let’s start practice before---“Said Rin while holding her guitar in a ready position but she couldn’t finish her sentence because she realised the others were gone.

The window curtains were opened revealing the beach and ocean in sight.

“*sighs* looks like today as well is not gonna be a practice.”

“Let’s just relax for today.” Eunjung said while patting on Rin’s shoulder.

“Like... I… Have… A … Choice… “Rin muttered as she watches her younger ones played in the water.

__________

 

 

 

(Fei’s Mansion, 3am)

“Yah, get rid of it properly.”  Sohyun ordered the butlers.

“Yes, Ma’am.” The butlers answered.

 

Fei POV

Lying on my bed wondering who would have stolen the instruments. Ice Mages are the most respectful troublemaker group in the school. They always helps the students even if it could possibly make them in trouble.

“Yah, get rid of it properly.”

I heard Sohyun’s voice. I went to peep at the window from the 2nd floor. Sohyun is my loyal friend. She always tags along whenever Jia and I are together. Yeah, the three of us are childhood friends.

“Wait. That looks like……instruments?” I thought. I was shocked when I saw a van loading the musical instruments on the van. I can’t see any more so I decided to close the curtain and just sleep. I lay in my bed. Many things came in my mind.

“So the missing instruments were…..Sohyun’s doings? But why she--- AISH!! Whatever. None of my business!!” I muttered under my blanket.

“Competition is near”

“Ice Mage lost their instruments”

“What to perform without instruments?”

“Impossible they’d sing and dance while others play as bands?”

“That’d be hilarious scenario *laughs*”

-------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

D-3

Krystal POV

“This is bad. A storm hits the island and all boats are wrecked to bits!!” A man ran into the house and informed everyone.  I nearly spurt my soup while drinking it.

“WHAT?? When can we get back to Seoul??” Jiyeon asked panickly.

“I don’t know. It’d take a week or more.” The man said hanging his head low.

“A week or more? Unnie, we got a competition in 3 days!!” Now our eyes are on Rin. She always had an idea. Our last hope.

“Jiyeon, call Jieun. See if she can send a boat or helicopter or anything before the competition.

Comes to think of it, maybe it’s lucky Jieun not with us for the training camp coz of an event.

______

 

(LOEN Vocal room)

IU POV

“Latest News, A storm hit an island in Chunhyang-do. The ships are all wrecked and the visitors are now stranded until the ships are fixed which would take at least a week or more.”

I got worried when I heard the news.

“Oppa, how many islands are in Chunhyang area?” I asked my manager who is dining with me in the vocal room.

“There’s only one. Why?” Manager oppa answered. Then my phone rings. It’s from Jiyeon.

“Jieun ah, is it possible for your company to get a helicopter or something?” Jiyeon said panickly

“Oppa, possible for Loen helicopter to—“Manager oppa cut my words..

“Loen helicopter? We don’t even have a helicopter. Loen is not as big as SMent. We can’t afford a helicopter.”

I sighed. “You heard that, Jiyeon. Sorry.” I said apologised.

“No need to apologise. We’ll find another way to go back to Seoul in time. Don’t worry ok?” said Jiyeon on the other line.

“Nae~ Come back soon. I’ll pray for you.” I said. Suddenly images of Rin flashed in my mind. I shook my head to snap out of it.

______

 

Fei POV

I was watching the news.

“Unnie, if you want to help, now is the time.” Jia who was playing with her cat suddenly said.

“W-Who said I want to help? Nonsense.” I denied.

“Unnie, you know we know each other too well to hide anything,right?” Jia said. I didn’t respond. Still in doubt.

“Unnie. You have to. If you don’t who will?” Jia insisted.

“Remember what dad always taught us?” Jia asked. I looked at her. Her eyes remind me of what our father always teach us. To help anyone in need if we can.