CHAPTER 22

IU multi-tasking between school life and idol life

 

The next morning, Rin who is sleeping on a chair beside Hyuna’s bed woke up by the bright sunlight shone to her face.

“Damn the sunlight. It’s Saturday. Can’t I just sleep a little bit more?” Rin complains to no one.

*trouble~ trou-trouble maker~*

Rin heard some sort of ringtone.

“She still hasn’t changed her ringtone huh? Now where is her hand cell phone?” Rin thinks as she searched Hyuna’s pocket for her cell phone.

“KIM HYUNA!! WHERE WERE YOU LAST NIGHT?!!” somebody shouted through the other line in response to it, RIn farther the distance between the phone and her ears to prevent her get deaf.
“I’m sorry but I am not Hyuna. She is busy right now and I’ll ask her to call you back later. Bye” Rin said shortly, fastly, accurately and cut the line. Then she sees Hyuna attempt to get off the bed but her feet are too weak to support her as she fell back on the bed when she attempt to stand. Rin supports Hyuna and helped her lay on the bed.

“Where do you think you’re going?” Rin asked when she covers a blanket over Hyuna.

“I need to go for practice.” Hyuna said weakly.Rin gets pissed and just went above Hyuna on the bed. Locking Hyuna’s motion and the same time, locking their eye together having intense eye-contact after many years passed.

“STOP BEING STUBBORN!! You’re too weak to stand and you want to go for practice? That is not going to happen. At least, not on my watch.” Rin said as she stops Hyuna from leaving the bed. Hyuna used all her might to push away Rin from above her but since she is too weak, she failed.

“Please. I would be sacked if I missed a practice.” Hyuna said. Her tone is different from before. Hyuna then breaks the eye-contact by facing the other side. Tears rolled down from her cheeks.

“You had a hard time and now you still want to go for practice? You should rest for few days especially now when you are sick.” Rin said.

----------------

 

(XOXO Company)

Manager Jiyoon: Hyuna, where have you been whole night?

Hyuna: *looks down* I was at a friend’s house for a reunion pyjama party. Sorry for not informing *bows to Jiyoon*

Manager: Friend’s house.huh? Is it the one who brought you here?”

Hyuna: *shock* (silent)

Manager: So my guess is right, huh? *snicker* I know what to do.

Hyuna: Please, don’t harm her. She is my childhood friend. Please. *kneels*

Manager: *shocked* why are you so afraid of me all the sudden?

Hyuna didn’t answer the question and started sobbing.

Manager: Fine. I won’t do anything to her. Now get up. *helps Hyuna up by the arm* wait, why the hell are your body so hot? Are you having a fever? *touch the forehead*

Hyuna: *push jiyoon’s hand away* I’m fine. I’ll just go for practice. *turns away*

Manager: Wait. You don’t need to practice. Yesterday battle was tiresome. Go home and get some rest.

Hyuna: (Silence)

----------------------------

“Boss, we made enough money for our capital. We can conquer NASA and create our own planet now.” Jiyoon said to the boss in his office.
“It’s been years since we tried to destroy earth. Now thanks to Hyuna, our plan will finally succeed!! MUAHAHA.” the boss said proudly.
“Killing assassinate Hyuna’s parents and make it look like accident and then saved her from being all alone make her feel like we’re the hero and the two evil people laugh evilly. Then she sees something that she never thought she would see in real life. Some tentacles came out from the boss and her manager. Minutes later, they completely transformed into creatures. More specifically; aliens.

“Ah... the human skin is so hot. Fuh~” The boss commented.

“I agree, my love.” The other said.

These stuffs kept playing in Hyuna’s mind until she accidentally bumped on somebody.

Hyuna: ……….

People: Kim Hyuna. You don’t know me or pretending that I’m invisible?

Hyuna: *turned back and look at the person*

People: *taken aback* W-What happened? Why are you crying? Aren’t you supposed to be practicing?

Hyuna: *smiles weakly.* Sorry. I didn’t notice you, Rin. My manager asked me to stay home for today.

Rin: Didn’t notice me? o.O You bumped on me a while ago.

Hyuna: ………….. (Mind flew to outer-space)

Rin: =____= YAH!! *snaps finger a few times infront of her face*

Hyuna: *looks at Rin blankly*

Rin: Why are you so gloomy nowadays?

Hyuna: *shakes head*

RIn: (starts to get annoyed) Yah, don’t lie to me. I know you have problems.

Hyuna: *walks off*

Rin: *exploded* YAH!!!! *stomps feet* AISH!! This kid!!!

------------------


(Ice Mage dorm)

“Unnie, where is Hyuna?” Krystal who came out from the room that Hyuna used last night asked Rin who is watching TV.

“Back to her home.” RIn answered shortly and munch on her popcorn.

Jiyeon who just finish bathing make her way to Rin while drying her hair with a towel. She went and sat beside Rin and got tempted by the popcorn. At first, Jiyeon used one hand to eat the popcorn at left hand to dry her hair; multi-tasking. But later on, she leaves the towel on the head and just focus on the popcorn.

Rin realised it, and purposely put the popcorn far on her left. Jiyeon pouts at the action.

Jiyeon: YAH!! I still want it!!

Rin: Dry your hair first.

Jiyeon: Popcorn first

Rin: Dry your hair before you gets a headache.

Jiyeon: Popcorn or I’m going to starve. *aegyo*

Rin: Starve? You just had dinner like an hour ago.

Jiyeon pouted cutely. This ALWAYS works. =__=|||

Rin: *sighs* fine. You continue with the popcorn while I dry your hair. *hands the popcorn to Jiyeon*

Jiyeon ate five at once and fed Rin one at a time while RIn drying her hair with the towel.

Rin: (thoughts: This kid… *shake head* Wonder if she shown Eunjung her main habit??*sighs*)

Jiyeon: Unnie, why suddenly sighs? Are you tired?

Weeks later……

Hyuna goes to her company for practice but then there is a sign of “Entrance Restricted”.

Hyuna can’t believe it just happened in a flash. Few weeks ago they were discussing about the upcoming B-Girl tournament and now,….. the company is sealed.

Hyuna went all walking alone until she reaches the beach. She sat there, looking at the ocean, the sky, and plays with the sand. From day to night she was there alone. Her phone rings many times but she just ignores it without looking at the caller ID.

---------------

(At Ice Mage Dorm)

“Unnie, isn’t this Hyuna’s agency company?” Krystal shouted to the whole house that everyone rushed to the living room and watched the news.

“The company is sealed because radioactive substances were found in certain areas of the company such as the Human Resource office and the studio. But the building was empty. Neither employers, nor employees were found and able to be contacted. An official statement had been released by the Nuclear Enforcement about the safety of the building; therefore government has release a warrant to tear down all the branch buildings including the Headquarter.” The reporter announced.

“Everyone, call Hyuna. If she can’t go to the company, she has nowhere else to go.” RIn ordered. Immediately each of them take turns to call Hyuna.

“Unnie, she’s not answereing.” Krystal said. She is the first to call.

“How is it?” RIn asked to each whenever they end the call. But all response the same.

“She did not answer.”

-----------


(BEACH) - Hyuna’s POV

“Hyuna-sshi?” I heard a familiar voice called my name. I tilted my head and looked at the person.

“ji-Jiyoon? How’d you find me?” I stood up immediately. I was shocked at the figure in front of me.

“You told me once this is your favourite place in Seoul.” Jiyoon said. I can feel my feet trembling for some reason.

Suddenly few figures appeared from behind Jiyoon. I took a step back as they started approach me.

“Let me introduce you, the company’s hired assassin.”

My eyes widened when I heard the word “Assassin.” At once, I turned my back and started running away from them.

----------------

(Ice Mage dorm)

The living room is full packed….

But… It’s just silence….

Except for the sounds coming from the TV….

The sizzling sounds as there are no programs to watch…

Reason? It’s 2am in the morning…

Yes, 2am in the morning and everyone gathered in the room silently…

But, with the same thing in their mind….

“Where the hell is Kim Hyuna?”


Jiyeon POV

Silence surrounding the area. I am hungry but I had no appetite for it. We’re all worrying about Hyuna.

“ARHH!! I can’t take it anymore!!” Rin said and got off from her seat beside me. I looked at her when she walks to the room and went out of sight. I thought she just goes to sleep so I looked back at the ceiling. Awhile later….

“RIn, where are you going?” I heard Eunjung asked. I looked at their direction. Eunjung is holding onto Rin’s arm and Rin has her jacket in her hand.

“I’m going to search for Hyuna.” RIn said and loosen the grip of Eunjung’s and walked off.

“I’m following her.” EUnjung said and grab her coat in a speed of light as it were just hanging in the living room balcony.

“I’m coming with you.” Jieun said.

“Me too.” Krystal said.

“Me three.” Suzy added.

“Me four.” I said and we went to our room, grab our coats, and ran out from the dorm so that we are able to catch up with Rin.

 

Rin POV

I ran out without thinking where to find first. As I started feeling the morning breeze, I just realised that I had no idea where to start searching. It’s the first time we reunite after years and now I had no idea where to find her. Great.

“UNNIE!!!” I turned and look behind when I heard a familiar voice. The girl runs and hangs an arm over my shoulder as if trying to choke me.

“Jiyeon? You guys too? What are you…?”

“We’ll help you search for Hyuna. Easier to look for one person if more people involve.” Eunjung said. The others nod. I looked at all of them.

“KAJA!!! (Let’s Go)” I said. From the surrounding of our dorm, we walked further and further away.

----------

From the playground, to the company area, No Hyuna was found.

“Anything?” RIn asked when everybody gathered back at the centre spot where they went separate ways in four directions to look for Hyuna.

Everyone was panting and trying to catch their breaths as they were always running searching for Hyuna. So they just shook their heads as answer.

Disappointment is clearly on their faces.

“KIM HYUNA!! WHERE THE HELL ARE YOUUUUUUU!!!!!!” Rin shouted in frustration.