chapter 19

IU multi-tasking between school life and idol life

 

 

It has been a week since the couples are together.

“Un—I mean, Oppa!!” Jiyeon called.

“Mwo?” Rin asked while fixing her hair in front of a mirror.

“WAH!! Oppa looked so handsome!!” Jiyeon commented as she peeped into the room.

Rin sighed and put on a cap. She had the bad boy kind of style.

Today is the school’s tradition where ‘handsome’ girls dressed up as guys and ‘pretty’ girls dress up like a princess. And at the end of the day, there’s popularity vote.

“WAH!! JIEUN PRINCESS!!!” RIn heard Krystal’s voice say that word. They go out to take a look. RIn’s jaw almost dropped at the view. Jieun wearing a white fluffy skirt and a white flower on the head as accessory.

“Yah! Snap out of it!!” Fei said and hit Rin on the arm which made her snapped back to reality.

“Wah, Eunjung-oppa!!” Krystal cheered. Eunjung looked at Jiyeon shyly.

“OMG!! Eunjung so handsome in guy suit!!” Jiyeon thought.

“Jah! Let’s go!”

****************************

 

“Red carpet? You’re kidding, right?” Rin thought when they reached the gate of the school. Other students gathered to welcome them. Rin and others walked on the red carpet.

“Wah, Eunjung is handsome too just like Rin-oppa.”

“Wow. Jieun and Rin holding hands. They looked good together.”

“Wait why Suzy and the new student holding hand as well?”

“Couples maybe. Couples love to be in the same school, right?”

“So many pair of couple in Ice Mage. So that only leaves Krystal.”

Murmured by other students were heard while they walks down the road. Just then, somebody appeared from the crowd and kneeled down in front of Krystal with a bouquet of rose.

“A-Amber? Weren’t you supposed to be in LA?” Krystal asked with her eyes widen. Her all-time crush is back in front of her kneeling.

“Krystal, I’ve been waiting to do this a long time. Will you be my girl?” Amber asked which earns gasps from the crowd. Even Ice Mage members were shocked too.

 

 

*FLASHBACK*

Amber suddenly called Krystal out in the middle of the night. Krystal thought is going to be a confession. She happily ran out of the house quietly to meet Amber.

As they walk in the playground, suddenly Amber stopped at her step and turned back looking at Krystal with a sad look.

“W-Why? Anything wrong?” Krystal asked sensing this won’t be a confession but a goodbye.

“Soojung-ah, I am going back to LA first thing tomorrow morning.” Krystal looked down on her feet. She felt her heart broke into pieces.

“S-Soojung—“Krystal cut her off.

“Go. Just go. Just remember to come back.” Krystal said as she ran off leaving Amber crying in the park. Krystal too were crying while running back home. She closed her bedroom door loudly and woken the others.

“YAH! PARK JIYEON!!” Rin shouted.

“IT’S NOT ME, UNNIE!!” Jiyeon replied back. All of them came out from their bedroom looking at each other.

“Well, we are all here…---“Suzy said.

“Except---“Rin said and they turned their attention to Krystal’s room which the door is shut.

“Usually when there’s noise, she’d be the first to argue. But now...” Jiyeon said worriedly. The rest nods in agreement.

They slowly approach Krystal’s room. Jiyeon who is impatient rush to the door and eavesdrop.

Krystal’s eyes widened and motioned to the others that Krystal is crying.

Rin signals for scissors, rock, and paper game to choose one person to ask Krystal for details.

Rin lost. So she had to ask. RIn took a deep breath, knock on the door and entered Krystal’s room.

 

Krystal’s POV

“Soojung-ah. Why are you crying?” RIn asked as I felt some weight beside me. I hugged her and continued to cry a river.

“Shh~ who bullied you. I’ll make them pay.” Rin said and patted my bag while hugging me.  I just shook my head.

“Then, atleast tell me what’s wrong.”

“Amber is going back to LA to take over her dad’s restaurant.”

“That’s only temporary. She’ll be back.” Rin said.

“But even she doesn’t know…” Krystal said between sobs.

“Why worry the future? You could call her, mail her and all with technologies.” Rin said.

“B-But..”

“If she IS the one, she WILL be the one no matter how long the time passes. Just watch, she will come back and confess to you.” RIn said with confidence in her tone though she herself is uncertain of her own words.  I nodded.

End of POV

 

-Back to present-

“A-Amber…” Krystal muttered.

“Jung Soojung, the day when I said goodbye, was the day my heart shredded into pieces. All the while I was In LA I made myself busy in order not to think of you. But no matter how busy I am, I still thought of you wherever I go.  Every street of LA, I saw the two of us walking. I need you, I want you, I love you.” Amber said. The female crowds were in ‘awwwss’ and Krystal the little Ice Princess has melted either. Krystal nodded. Another couple made in the Ice Mage.

“NOOO!!! Now even Krystal is taken!!” cried a fan boy. Jiyeon giggled when she saw a group of fanboy crying behind the crowd.

“Well well, look what we have here. Ice Mage couples.” A girl in a hoodie and brown wavy long hair said as she walked through the crowd.

“Ice Mage, I challenge you to a battle!!” the girl said shooting laser glare to RIn.

“Kim Hyuna, it’s been awhile. How have you been?” Rin asked sarcastically.

“Been good of course.” Hyuna said her face close up to Rin’s.

“Of course, beating you would make my day even better.” Hyuna whispered but loud enough for the crowd to hear as they were silent.

“wooooo~~”

“Only Hyuna dares to challenge the Ice Mage.” One of the crowds said.

“Right. And what is the reason for it? You’re a well-known international hip hop dancer.” Rin asked.

“I am and beaten a lot of people to get till this stage. But I only lost to you…” Hyuna said

“So you want to regain victory and keep a record that no one ever beat you before?”  Jieun stepped in.

“Jieun, stay out of this.” RIn said while holding Jieun’s wrist stopping her from going nearer to Hyuna. JIyeon pulled Jieun back.

“Fine. If that’ll satisfies you. Let’s battle. But after this event.” RIn said.

(Auditorium)

Principal gave a speech and invited Ice Mage to the stage.

“Today, we have a special announcement. Ice Mages members are all taken. I, as the leader will introduce each couple respectively.” Gasps can be heard from the audiences.

“First made couple, Jieun and I. Second made couple, Suzy and Sulli. Third made couple, Krystal and Amber. And finally Jiyeon and Eunjung. Which I only knew this morning. Thank you.” Rin said and return to her position.

“Unnie, how’d you know about me and Eunjung?” Jiyeon asked whispering to RIn in her ear.

“Duh. I heard she confessed to you in your room. And base on the weird sounds I heard, of course you accepted.” Rin teased which made Jiyeon blushed.

“Looks like this school’s legend were real after all.” Principal muttered while smiling at the couples in front of him.

----------------------------------

 

(Practice room)

“Ah, finally the day is over!!” Jiyeon cheered while lying on the floor. Eunjung smiled at the cuteness of her girlfriend.

“It’s not over. We need to wait for the result tomorrow.” Krystal said while laying her head on Amber’s lap and Amber playing with her hair.

Suddenly the door burst open. All attention now at the door.

“Kim Hyuna, you want to break my door or something?!” Rin nagged.

“Let’s battle. I even bring audiences.” Hyuna said and revealed the audiences behind her.

“Fine, let me change my shirt first.” Rin said and took off her top in front of Hyuna. Hyuna jaw dropped staring at Rin’s perfect toned abs.

“YAH!!!” Hyuna whined and threw Rin’s shirt to her face.

“What? I told you I want to change. Just you stood there like a statue.” Rin protest.

“HYUNA HYUNA HYUNA”

“RIN RIN RIN”

Both sides of supporters cheering during the match.

“I am not gonna lose! NEVER!!” Hyuna thought and forced herself even she has reached her limit after 3 hours non-stop battle.

Aish. Why is this kid so stubborn? Is it that important to win against me?” Rin thought and purposely failed the handstand. Finally it came to an end. Hyuna won.

“Impossible. She was going to win a while ago. Last minute gave up? But why?” Hyuna thought.

-----------------------------------

After the battle with Hyuna, Rin is really exhausted. She just laid flat on the floor ignoring Jieun who is showing her aegyo.

“DeeRin, open up. Rechage your energy.” Jieun said while attempting to feed Rin with her favourite sugar-cheese bread. Rin obediently opened and ate it.

“Yah, why did you lose?” Soyeon who suddenly appeared asked while walking in with Boram.

“S-Soyeon unnie.” Rin said and sat up in shock.  After Soyeon and Boram entered, Hyuna reached at the door-step but heard their conversation.

“Ouch” Rin flinched although Soyeon touched her lightly on the elbow.

“Wae? You hurt?” Soyeon asked worriedly and rolled up Rin’s sleeve to check on her elbow.

“This kid. Why did you lose on purpose?” Boram asked in disbelief.

“Well, she is determined to win me. If I kept winning, she will just keep challenging me…”

“So if you let her win, she won’t challenge you anymore and live her life?” Soyeon continued for Rin. Rin just nodded.

“Unnie, you lost on purpose?” Jiyeon asked.

“Well, I have nothing to lose. She is international dancer now so it’s normal if she won. It’d be harder for her if she lost. Plus, she is the one to come up and challenge me. It’d be embarrassing if she lost her own challenge isn’t it. I have absolutely nothing to lose. “Rin said with a smile. Hyuna who heard everything at the door couldn’t believe her ears.

“Nothing to lose except getting bruises in the elbow from sudden change of position.” Soyeon said.

“Rin you’re really a pabo!! Why you always thought of everyone before yourself?!” Hyuna muttered and walked away.