Chapter 3

IU multi-tasking between school life and idol life

 

Today, IU's schedule are all been delayed. All because of "somebody". But despite that, IU didnt complain. Moreover, she is somewhat...... happy? Even her manager nagged her when she was about to enter the car right infront of the school gate once she finish her punishment.

 

Along the way in to the recording site, IU was smiling all by herself. 

 

"This kid, really enjoy school that much?" the manager thought to himself when he saw IU smiling all by herself from the rear view mirror.

"So, this is how punishment is like? Others may be complaining but I am glad that Rin didnt treat me special. i really enjoyed being treated like other students." IU thought to herself.

 

****************************************************

 

Krystal, Suzy and Jiyeon are sitting at the living room. Rin lazily tossed her bag beside Krystal who is sitting on the couch.

"Unnie, where've you been this morning? today is public holiday because is Labour Day." Suzy asked.

"I just went to school to check on the gardens. It's my duty for today so holiday or not, I still have to do it." RIn answered lazily.

Suzy sends signal to Krystal  to start with Jessica's plan. Krystal understands the sugnal and switched on to Guerilla Date that IU is appearing as guest.

 

Norang narangeun jigeum andwoeji

Sigyereul deo bochaego sipjiman~
Nega itdeon mirae-e seo
Nae ireumeul bul~leo~jwo~

(IU sings for the opening of the show)

 

"I must be crazy. I thought I heard that girl's voice from TV." RIn thought as she dozed off.
"Yah unnie-----" Krystal acts excitedly to show RIn that Jieun that she know is on TV but when she switch her attention from the TV to Rin, she frowns.

"Yah~ Mission failed." Krystal whined to Suzy who is paying close attention to the interview.

"Aish~ Unnie falls asleep so easily? Looks like we need to find another day for it." Suzy said.

"Maybe not. We'll use the same plan just that t's not LIVE."Krystal said and then took out her new camcoder and starts recording IU's interview.

 

The next day after class, they gathered in the practice room. Since there's a TV and DVD player, is easy for Krystal's plan. Krystal, sets up the stuffs before any of them enter the practice room. Because they already planned, Suzy will be responsible to walk together with RIn to the practice room while Jiyeon peeping from the door of the practice room so that Krystal wont get caught.

 

"Psst. She's here." Jiyeon whispered loud enough across the practice room. Krystal got the signal. Immediately Jiyeon and KRystal switched on the TV and 'watch'. When Krystal heard the screeching sound of the door opening, she winked at Jiyeon.

 

"Wah... IU is so daebak!!" Jiyeon said after receiving the signal from Krystal.

"Yeah. Her voice is awesome." Krystal commented. They giggled at their own silly act.

Sadly their plan failed again. Rin immediately switched off the TV and asked them to practice for their opening act for sports day. 

 

"Sports day?" Jiyeon asked cluelessly

"Yeah. We have to perform at the opening act. Now come on. Sports day is 3 weeks away." Rin said. Immediately they started practice.

 

*few days later*

They're at the school field. It's sports practice. It is to choose the representative and also to test their ability on the track.

"Park Jiyeon will represent 2nd years for 100m run, 200m and 400m. run." the gym class teacher said.

"WHAT?! No way!! If she is were to participate in so many, she'd be exhausted if she even have to do the opening performance with us." Rin protested.

"Then, drop her out from the opening act. Get others to replace her." 

The crowd jaw dropped hearing the two bickering.

Finally. RIn exploded. Seeing the changes of expression, immediately Jiyeon knew Rin already reached her limit. She stood beside Rin and whispered ‘Unnie, don’t blow now. Please. Refrain.’ But it’s useless. Rin can’t refrain anymore. Rin is the type that will never ditch her friends. Unless the member is sick, or else she want every member in every act.

“WITHOUT ONE MEMBER, WE ARE NOT GONNA PERFORM!! YOU GO AHEAD AND HIRE OTHER BAND TO PERFORM FOR THE OPENING ACT!!!” Rin then stormed away from the field. For days they didn’t practice. Only Jiyeon practice for her participation in sports day.

 

Day after…..

Rin as usual staring out the window. IU is just looking at her with worried expression. The images of the fight between RIn and their gym teacher runs in Jieun’s mind.

“Class, for the opening act, let’s have IU perform for us.” The class gone wild.

Hearing her stage name, Jieun snapped back to reality.

“Iu-sshi, will you perform for us in the opening act?” the homeroom teacher asked again.

“IU!! IU!! IU!!” the class chanted.

“er…. N-nae” Jieun shortly answered which resulted cheerings from the class. Iu slightly glance at Rin, she thought by now Rin knew who she is and will treat her differently. She was relieved when she sees Rin still staring out the window without paying any attention to the classroom.

 

(BREAK)

Rin stabs her chicken chop multiple times. Her cousins gulps.

“Unnie, you still angry about the other day?” Krystal asked nervously.

“They’ll get an idol to perform. Then why do we even bother to practice in the first place?!” Rin muttered still stabbing the poor chicken chop.

“U-unnie. Actually IU is---“ Suzy couldn’t finish her sentence as Rin got up from her seat and walked off.

 

Idols…. What’s so great about idols….  In the end, the school still pay for idol to come for opening act. Pfft. Nonsense. Rubbish.

 

Rin thought to herself as she walking alone by the corridor. Suddenly she heard a great voice singing.

 

Why that voice sounded so familiar?” Rin thought and followed the voice which leads to the practice room.

“Seriously, where did I hear that voice before?” Rin thought as she slowly moved the door agape and peeps in.