Chapter 7

IU multi-tasking between school life and idol life

 

 

Krystal’s POV

Thanks to Jieun who last minute appeared and volunteered to take over my part, the performance ended successfully. But still, what if tomorrow morning newspaper headlines? Rin-unnie will know that idol IU is her first friend in class, Jieun. Ah~ I really can’t imagine what will happen.

“You shouldn’t have eaten so much ice-cream before performing. See what happens now.”  Suzy nagged me while supporting me to walk coz I am too weak on my own.

“Alright. I just had a desired for sweet stuffs. No more next time.” I said weakly while holding my stomach.

“Yah, isn’t Rin too quiet? Usually she would ask all of us to celebrate after a success performance.” Jiyeon whispered to us. We turned our attention to Rin.

Rin is walking far infront of us.

“You’re her favourite cousin. Go and ask.” Suzy said.

“Yah, even favourite cousin can get scolded. I don’t want to.” Jiyeon whined.

“Fine. I’ll ask.” I volunteered since none of them dare to get near Rin.

“Rin-unnie.” I tapped on her shoulder. Rin looked at me with a smile. Forced smile of course. Clearly something is bothering her mind.

 

Rin’s POV

During the performance, the crowd cheered IU. Among us, there is no one named IU. Yet we are the only ones on stage, except for one new member, Jieun

I hate lies. But is this even counted as lies? We had never asked. Probably the others don’t know. Maybe. Or maybe they knew earlier than me. Many thoughts ran in my mind. When I’m about to think more, somebody tapped my shoulder.

“Rin-unnie.” The familiar voice called. I forced a smile coz doesn’t want to worry them.

“Why are you so silent?” Krystal asked.

“I’m just tired.” I answered which is partly true. C’mon running many streets before performance who wouldn’t be tired?

 

Next Day…….

“IU-sshi was awesome last night.”

“Yeah. Ice Mage and IU real collaboration!!”

I heard some students said along the corridor when I was walking by.

“So, IU and Jieun is the same person.” I thought to myself. I went to the practice room all by myself. I was totally mood less to go for class. I just lay in the middle of the practice room floor with my arms as pillow. Many thoughts running through my mind.

 

IU’s POV

As I was passing by the corridors to get to class, many people congratulated me about last night. Happily I bowed and thanked them. The news was spreading. So I believe by now my secret is no longer a secret. Rin might have already known.

I went to class; my first sight went to Rin’s seat. It’s empty. I looked at my watch indicating 8.55am. Another five minutes before class start. Perhaps she will be late. I read some books while waiting for class to start. And then, the bell rings. Teacher entered the class. I sighed when I see Rin’s seat still empty.

 

(BREAK)

Whole day I haven’t seen Rin. I’m starting to get worried already. Is it because yesterday the crowd chanted ‘’IU’’ instead of ‘’Ice Mage’’? Or is it because she knew I kept a secret from her? A secret that the whole school knew except herself. I took out my phone and texted Jiyeon. Since she is the most closest to Rin. Probably she knows.


Jiyeon’s POV

I’m having lunch with Krystal and Suzy when suddenly I got a text message from Jieun.

“Yah, didn’t Rin-unnie came to school with us this morning?” I asked them when I read Jieun’s text which shock the hell of my life.

“Yeah. We parted at the stairs since our class is at the opposite direction. Why?” said Krystal with curiosity.

“Well, then I guess Rin-unnie skipped class today. Look what Jieun texted me.” I said while showing them the text.

“But Rin-unnie never skips class for anything. She promised her parents isn’t it?” Krystal said; Suzy and I nods.

“Let’s finish everything off and look for Rin.” I suggested.

 

Krystal’s POV

After Jiyeon suggested we finish our meals and then look for Rin, we all agreed. Now our minds have become one. “Where is RIn-unnie?” we all have the same thoughts.

Then, my phone vibrated. I was about to ignore it but I just pick it up and see.

I choked when I see the notification.

“Yah, I got a message from Rin.” I tell them. Jiyeon who is gulping water nearly spurt out but thank god she swallowed it in time.

“What she said?” Suzy asked.

“Let’s have a 5-minutes talk session. Practice Room.” I read the text.

“5-minutes talk session?” Suzy asked.

“Didn’t the 5-minutes talk session only allows truth and sincerity and no lies” Jiyeon asked. It’s been awhile since we last did the 5-minutes talk session. Usually we were the one who call for the session when we have problems. But this is the first time, Rin asked for it.

“Probably about yesterday.” I guessed.

End Of POV

 

(Practice Room)

Suzy, Krystal and Jiyeon entered worriedly approaching Rin.

The practice room is dark and there is a few candles in the middle of the practice room arranged in a small circle. Suzy, Krystal, RIn, and JIyeon sat around the candles in a circle.

“U-unnie, why suddenly call for the session? Is there a problem?” Jiyeon asked.

“Previously I tried not to think too much about it. But after yesterday’s performance I realized I shouldn’t ignore my instinct.” Rin started.

“All this while when anybody said about IU, is always when Jieun is around. At first, I thought I was just over thinking. But seems like I am not.” Rin continued. This earns curious stares from the younger ones.

“First case, when the homeroom teacher asked IU to perform when he was halfway teaching in my class, I was half day-dreaming and I thought it was just my imagination when I heard the class chanted IU and Jieun answered to the invitation.
Second case, I heard Jieun’s voice singing in our house. Again I thought it was just a dream coz I was half asleep. Third case, some posters at the music stores of Jieun but labelled as IU. Last case; during sports day IU was supposed to perform but Jieun was the one on stage. It all makes sense now. IU is Lee Jieun. Am I right?” Rin asked them in a tough tone.

 

Suzy’s POV

The first time I see Rin-unnie look so fierce at us. I gulped nervously. Jiyeon and Krystal hold my hand. They’re shivering. Krystal shook my arms and I snapped back to reality.

“Should we tell?” Krystal mouthed.

“At this point, we should.” Jiyeon mouthed back. They looked at me. I nodded. So the bravest among us three, Krystal started.

End of POV

 

“Is there something else that I don’t know?” Rin asked staring at the three of them.

“Unnie. Please listen to our story first before you explode.” Krystal pleaded and looked at RIn in the eyes nervously. Rin nodded.

“Talk.” Said Rin in a serious tone.

“The first day when IU joined us, she told us that she want to experience normal student life. Where punishments, cleaning duty and whatever takes place.” Krystal started.

“But because the whole school know who she is, nobody will treat her that way. She frowned when she told us that.” Jiyeon continued.

“But her frown turned to smile when we tell her that you only focused on groups than solo singers.” Suzy added.

“We did suggest to her that we’ll tell you that she has another duty to do which is as an idol but she make us promise not to because you are the only one who can help her to experience normal student life.” Krystal continued.

“When you punished her because she left early and came late the next day, it was actually because of schedule delayed. We fine many ways to let you know she has another part of life but all the plan kept failing.” Suzy said.

“We did try to persuade her but still she refused. Because she thought that if you know she is an idol, you won’t treat her like now and she won’t be able to experience student life anymore.” Jiyeon said.

“So conclusion: IU wants to experience normal student life like getting punished for wrong-doings which is impossible coz every student knows she is an idol except me her last hope for that experience?” Rin asked. This time a softer tone. The others nod in response.

Then, silence fills the air until only bell rings indicating the day is over.

 

Rin’s POV

“Unnie, how long are you going to think? Give us a response. We’re nervous.” I heard Jiyeon whined.

“I’ve decided. I’ll still treat her the way I used to which include punishment. But this time, I’ll make sure I didn’t go overboard by extending the time of the punishment on purpose.” I said which earns smiles from them.

“Are you sure? You always go extend without realising.” Krystal teased.

“Watch me.” I said back. We giggled.

Mages are helpful. If that is what IU wants, then I’ll do it. But with limit. Hmm.. Looks like I’ll do some research. *sighs*

“Yah, who told you that you can go against me? Do you know who I am?” Suddenly I heard some noise coming from outside. Krystal got up and go to the window.

“Yah, isn’t that Jieun?” Krystal asked. Immediately we go to the window.

“Looks like trouble.” Suzy said.

“Aish. Come on.” I said while storming out towards the field. The other followed behind me.

 We watched from afar.

“Didn’t I tell you to sing? Come on, let’s battle. Niece of Korea.” The stuck-up princess-vibe girl said. She and her ‘friends’ surrounded Jieun.

“I told you, I won’t sing just to battle with you. I only sing for my fans.” Jieun protested.

“Yah, who is that?” Krystal asked one of the crowds.

“She is the richest in Korea. With her one word, your family could go bankrupt in a second. Nobody dares to go against her even we all wanted to protect Jieun.” The student answered.

“What happened?” Krystal asked.

“Jieun was pondering here and there searching for something or someone and encountered her. She is the anti of singers, groups or solo. And looks like she found out about Jieun. She never comes for class. She only comes once in a blue moon.”

“STOP!!!” Rin shouted when she sees the stuck-up princess was about to slap Jieun. The crowd shocked. Nobody went against the princess before.

Rin stand in between the princess and Jieun blocking Jieun from the princess’s reach.

“Wah. Cool and spicy Rin. As expected.” Some crowd whispered.

“Ah. You must be Rin. The Ice Mage’s new leader … after Jessica.” The stuck-up-princess said in a teasing tone.

“Yes I am. I don’t know what business you have with Jieun but I don’t allow you to bully her.” Rin said strictly which awes the crowds.

“Princess Fei, your father called. “ One of her friends whispered.

“Toria, can’t you see I’m busy here. “

“I’m sorry but your father wants you to go back to China at once.”Toria said.

“Before you make your way to the airport, spend 5 minutes to listen to my speech. It involves you.” Rin asked politely.

“I guess five minutes won’t kill.” Princess Fei said.

“Everybody included as well.” Then they make their way to the announcement hall.

The Ice Mages stood on stage. When the crowds are all in the hall, and some students help to close to hall door, Rin stepped forward.

“I am Rin. Leader of Ice Mage. As you know Ice Mage will help anyone in need around the school. Now I have a request. Whoever have a thought of anti-Jieun like Princess Fei, have to go against me and other Ice Mages members which is Krystal, Suzy and Jiyeon. Including Jessica Jung first. We don’t allow bullying among students. That’s a warning. It applied for everybody, INCLUDING Princess Fei.” Said RIn to the crowd.

 

IU’s POV

“I’m so dead now” I thought when the girl named Fei about to hit me. Then, I heard a familiar voice stopped her. It’s RIn. When I look among the crowd, I see Krystal, Suzy and Jiyeon smiling at me.

Then we all went to the hall. We listened to Rin’s warning to everybody.

“Though I doubt anyone will bully Jieun except for certain someone in the name of Fei.” Rin said sarcastically. Fei’s looked angry.

“Oh. I almost forgot. Jieun-sshi, can you please come up?” Rin said. I was blurred but my body automatically made its way to the stage.

“From today onwards, Lee Jieun is one of Ice Mage. So, nobody is allowed bully her. I mean it.” RIn announced to the crowd. The crowd cheered happily. And from the stage, I see that Fei stormed out angrily.

 

Jiyeon’s POV

“Wow, what? Jieun our new member officially?” Suzy whispered.

“Daebak!! We have more members now.” Krystal whispered.

“But will she able to cope?” I asked them whisperingly.

“Since Rin already knew, maybe she won’t be as strict.” Krystal said.

“Hope so.”

End of POV

 

The crowd whistling happily while clapping..

 

====================================

Finally one chapter finished after working on it since 10am.. :D How'd you like the plot so far? ah~ Tomorrow is the day!! hehe.. 

Again I said... COmments are <3

I <3 u readers... ^w^