Chapter 23

IU multi-tasking between school life and idol life

 

They again went third time exchanging directions with one another to search for Hyuna. Still same result.

“Let’s search it again. This time, we all go together.” Rin said. Almost losing her mind worrying about Hyuna.

“It’s the first time I see her worry about someone.”Jieun thought.

“Again? But unnie, I’m tired.” Jiyeon whines. Then Rin heard other few stomachs growling including hers. Others giggled.

“Fine. We’ll rest for a while before continue searching.

“Wait maybe we neglected something. But it’s impossible. We searched everywhere.” Jiyeon muttered to herself while thinking hard and drank her orange juice.

“Jiyeon-ah~ what are you mumbling about?” Eunjung who is sitting on Jiyeon’s left side asked curiously.

“Em.. It’s about Hyuna..” Jiyeon said with a low voice but everyone can hear her.

“Hmm..? What is it about Hyuna?” Eunjung asked again. This time, Jiyeon looked down and stayed silence until RIn voiced out.

“It’s okay Jiyeon-ah; just say whatever in your mind. It might be the key to Hyuna’s location.” Rin said. Rin could see that Jiyeon gripping her own hand tightly. Rin hold on to the hands.

“It’s alright. Just say it.”

“I was just thinking, maybe from the beginning we searched in the wrong direction.” Jiyeon finally started.

“Hmm... what do you have in mind?” Rin asked. Now all of them have their attention on Jiyeon.

“At a time like this, if it happened to you, where would you go?” Jiyeon asked Rin.

“A place when I once felt happiness with no burden, I guess” RIn answered.

“But, we’ve searched the playground.” Suzy butted in.

“Think further back. Before the playground. The first place where we all had fun together.” Now everyone thinking the place other than the playground, where they’d play as a kid.

“The mall?” Suzy’s thought

“The field track?” Jiyeon thought

“The ice-cream shop?” Krystal thought.

“The training centre?” Rin thought.

Then, they snapped their fingers and said together “THE BEACH!!!”... They giggled with their own actions.

----------------------------------------------

 

(BEACH) – Hyuna POV

“Ji-Jiyoon. W-what are you doing?” I asked stutteringly and backing off bit by bit when I see the blade in Jiyoon’s hand and she smiling evilly to me.

“There were things you weren’t supposed to know. But since you were about to leave this world, I guess it’d be fine if I tell you. We were supposed to kill you when you were five. But instead, my boss who is the founder of your company discovered your talent in B-Boy. And so, we used you to make profit for our bigger plan. And at the age of thirteen, we found out that you have special powers. We haven’t really found out what yet because your power seldom shows; but I guess is no point finding out about it. Now finish the story, time to finish your life.” Jiyeon said and raised the blade in her hand; targeting for my heart. A one-shot kill. I closed my eyes ready to die in her hand. But I felt strange why I didn’t feel any pain. I slowly opened one of my eyes to peep. A figure is blocking the blade right before my eyes.

“Hyuna!!” I heard someone called my name.

“Hyuna, are you alright?” Suzy asked while looking at me worriedly.

“I am fine but how do you know I am here?” I asked curiously.

“Well, we can’t forget our best childhood memories on this beach. Plus, it’s the only place we haven’t searched.” Jiyeon said and shot a smile. I smiled to them. Feeling glad I haven’t lose my friends even after many years had passed and I was cold to them.

“ARRRHHH!!!!!” Some husky yell echoed the beach. We looked towards the direction of the voice. That …. Thing wores Jiyoon’s outfit and having a blade in its tenticles.

“RUNN!!!!” Rin shouted to us.

“B-but…” Jieun said.

“Go!!! I’ll be there soon.”

Jiyeon help Hyuna drag Jieun away from the place.

When I looked back, RIn is running full speed towards us.

“Just run, don’t look back!!” RIn warned us. So we just run. Then, a bright flash appeared behind Rin. Some ‘pop’ loud noise can be heard.

“Unnie, when did you get the bomb?”

“It’s not a bomb, it’s just sand.” RIn answered.

“Well, it has big eyes. So all I did was throwing a handful of sand into the eye and it started to glow.” Rin explained more.

“Sand made it explode?” Jiyeon asked curiously. Jieun looked at Rin with teary eyes and then hugged her tightly.

End of POV

“Glad you’re still alive.” Jieun whispered. Rin hugged her back.

“Come on let’s go back.” I whined.

“Before that, let’s have a barbeque party.” Suzy suggested.

“heh? But we don’t have ingredients.” Krystal said.

“We have lots of it.” Suzy points to a bunch of fruits that fell from the tree and some fishes on the shore.

“Are you sure it’s safe?” Jieun asked.

“Yeap it’s safe.” RIn said after testing the fish and fruits with a silver needle she always brought with her wherever she goes.

And so, we started barbequing party. Lots of catching up stories. Then, we ran into the bushes for a treasure hunt game. Even we know it’s impossible to find anything.

“Guys, I found something.” Jiyeon shouted from her area. We went to her area and see a sphere she dug up from the ground. We held it on our palms.

“Hey, there’s some… words on it.” Jieun said.

Hyuna muttered some words. Suddenly the sphere started glowing.

********


“W-w-where are we?” Krystal asked as she looked around.

“Damn my head hurts.” Suzy complained and slightly hit her own forehead.

Rin stood up from her laying position and looked around.

“Seriously, where are we?” Krystal asked again as no one answered her previously.

They looked at the sky, there were flying cars (?) , Big plasma LCD HDTV, there’s a tall tower and looks like a transmission centre.

“Erm.. I think we are in the future.” Jiyeon said. Now all attention on her. She points to a certain direction. The others looked towards that direction. She is pointing to one of the LCD HDTV on News7. The date stated: 30th May 2222.

All their eyes widened.

“WHAT?!!!!!!” They yelled at the same time in shock.