Chp. 1

IU multi-tasking between school life and idol life

 

"YAH!! ARENT YOU GONNA WAKE UP? WE'RE GONNA BE LATE?!!!" Suzy shouting from the stairs to Krystal's room which is located right infront of that stairs.

"What's the noise all about?" JiRin asked curiously while tying her shoelace.

"Krystal is over-sleeping again. It always happens every monday. AISH!!" Suzy complained to Rin.

"YAH!! KRYSTAL JUNG!! YOU REALLY ARENT WAKING UP?!!" Suzy continue to shout. She's pissed off already because she have club duty to do and now she is gonna be late because of Krystal.

Rin cant stand it anymore. Seeing Suzy so frustrated. She passed Suzy her school bag and then walked up the stairs. She goes to Krystal's room.

"Jung Soojung, arent you coming?!!" Rin asked infront of the door while knocking. Receive no response from Krystal.
She allow herself to enter the room to wake Krystal.

She enters the room and see Krystal still sleeping soundly with her headphones.

Rin remove the blanket on Krystal and the headphone.

"Yah, when will you wake up?" 
".........."
"hmm.. maybe this would do the trick." Rin thought when she see the feathers, she got some idea. She took a feather from the feather duster and tickle Krystal's nose which made her sneeze.

Krystal frustratedly fight back but her eyes still close. 

"If you dont wake up, I'll cook cucumber for you as lunch today!" RIn said.Immediately Krystal woke up and ran to the bathroom.
Rin grinned in success.

"Aish jinjja.. Rin-unnie is always threatening me with cucumbers!!" Krystal mumbles.


AT SCHOOL

"Yah, have you heard? Our class will have a new student." Other students are gossipping. Normal routines everyday.
"Dont they ever get tired of gossips?" RIn thought as she walks lazily behind her cousins.
Rin is bored of her life. Seems like everyday same things. Same routines. If its possible, she wants to skip school and just do whatever her heart desires. But she cant because she promised her late parents that she will be a good and obedient student even if her grades arent as good as her other cousins.

"Yah, Krystal.. You'll help me with my club duty today!I am late because of you!!" Suzy said.
"I will.............. (long pause)... NOT!!" Krystal teased and then she started running. Suzy chased her from behind until they went out of sight.

In Rin's class, she sat in her place while looking out the window. Literally she is bored. Her other cousins were lucky to be in a same class. while she is alone in her class because she dont really open up to anyone. RARELY opens up to anyone.

Rin, Krystal, Jiyeon, Jessica are called the "The Ice Mages" by the student.
That is because Mages are helpful in the anime or games they watch or played. While Ice........... You know where they came from... their outer appearance who felt icy and cold.

---------------------------

"Rin-unnie, would you stop dozing off in class?" Krystal slapped Rin's shoulder who is sleeping on the table.
"Yah! It hurts you know." Rin shocked by the sudden contact. She thought it is her homeroom teacher. But it's actually Krystal.
"I'm just dozing off awhile until the teacher comes in." Rin said sleepily and was about to continue her "doze-off session"...
"Morning, students." The homeroom teacher said while entering the class.
"Krystal-sshi, please return to your class." the homeroom teacher said when she saw Krystal beside Rin.
"Nae~" Krystal answered and walked off exiting the classroom.
"Class, you have a new student today. Her name is Lee JiEun." The homeroom teacher said. The class starts cheering for they know who is Lee JiEun. Except for one who is looking out the window staring at the blue sky.
"JiEUn-sshi, please take a seat at that empty space." The homeroom teacher pointed to the place beside Rin. JiEun obediently went and sit at the place.
Whole time during class, JiEun was wondering about the girl who sits beside her. Finally she decided to start a conversation.
"Annyeong, JiEun-imnida. Nice to meet you." Rin stared at her for awhile before answering. Doesnt know why but she cant bring her cold side to answer back to this bright girl infront of her. Some sort of heat energy is melting her coldness.
"R-Rin... imnida" Rin said and then faced away. The class began to mumble among themselves.
"Did you see that? RIn-sshi was so soft infront of IU."

(RECESS)
"Yah, I heard you have a superstar classmate in your class. Who is it?" Suzy asked excitedly.
"Jinjja? Is she cool as us?" Jiyeon asked.
"Superstar? that i dont know. But Jiyeon's question, the answer is no. Infact she is bright and cheerful. On the outside, she seems quiet." RIn explained.
"Annyeong, Rin-sshi." Suddenly a voice from behind RIn and pat RIn's shoulder.. The others had their jaw dropped. RIn dropped her spoon accidentally.
"An-Anyeong." RIn stared at that girl blankly.
"Wae? Anything wrong with my hair?" JiEun asked nervously while touching her hair. She sighed in rlief when RIn shook her head.
"IU-sshi, please have a seat." Suzy offered. Jieun sat between Suzy and Rin.
"PLease, in school, just call me Jieun." 
"Nae~"
"I'll go get some puddings." Rin said and left that place.
"So, Jieun-sshi, I heard some students said that Rin-unnie cant brings out her coldness infront of you. Izit true?" Jiyeon asked curiously.
"Coldness? She isnt cold to me. Awkward maybe but isnt cold. Probably because I am niece of Korea." Jieun answered blankly.
"That cant be the reason. RIn-unnie mostly focused only on girl groups. She doesnt even know Lee Hyori, how can she possibly know who are you." Krystal said.
"Yeah. I bet she only thinks you are a normal student called Lee Jieun and nothing more." Jieun frowns. She thinks hard.
"Do me a favour. Please dont tell Rin about me. Let her think I am a normal student." Jieun requested to the others.
"But why?" Krstal asked.
"It's hard to get a real friend. Maybe if Rin doesnt know who I really am, she would scold me if I did the wrong thing. I know the whole school would bail me and take over duties for me. I just want to experience a normal life in school where punishments takes place when its needed to." Jieun said. The rest just noded. Theycant belief Jieun actually requested that.

Rin came back with some puddings. Each of them take their favourite flavours. There's one extra on the tray.
"This is yours." Rin said while putting a pudding infront of Jieun. Jieun looked at Rin blankly.
"As a welcome present." RIn said and flashed a smile.
"Unnie, you smiled!!" Krystal said excitedly.
"I- I did?" Rin asked while looking at the others blankly. The others just nods. Behind a pillar, there is one person gritting the teeth and punching the pillar as if he/she has a grudge on Jieun.
***********************************
"Jieun-sshi, have you consider joining any clubs?" The homeroom teacher asked.
"I'm still considering." Jieun answered.
Then, alot of presidents from different clubs pushing Jieun to join their clubs. RIn sees Jieun who is having trouble.
"NOISE POLLUTION!!" Rin shouted after composing herself. The crowd is stunned.
"Can you guys just give this girl a break? She'll join whichever group that SHE desires.It's her choice. So STOP wasting your time doing all these." Rin said coldly. The presidents hung their heads low and retreats.
Lessons starts.

In the middle of the lesson, Jieun received a message.

Frm: Manager-oppa
"Iu-sshi, you need to leave for photoshoot session now. I'll be at the gate." 

Jieun sighed when she read the message. She started packing her things, and walked up to the teacher. It's another 2 hours before school ends but she have to leave half an hour after recess. She whispered to the teacher and the teacher nods and allowed her to leave. Then studies resumed as usual.