D.O - Baby Sitters

EXO One-shots

I sighed as I looked at my mom who was pacing the house and putting last minute touches on her make up.

“Seriously mom? I’m 18, I don’t need a baby sitter” I told her and she laughed a little.

“Well, sweety, I know you are 18 but I don’t want to leave you alone while I go off to the wedding for the week-end” she said and looked at me with a smile. Her cousin was getting married, I wasn’t invited for some reason so I had to stay home.

The door-bell rang and I looked at my mom.

“Oh, he’s here!” she said and walked out of the room.

“Who is here?” I asked her.

“You’re so called ‘baby-sitter’.”

“Who is it?”

“It’s your brother Joonmyeon and Kyungsoo darling”

“What?! Mom! No!” I protested and then she opened the door and there stood my brother Joonmyeon and Do Kyungsoo in all their glory.

“Hi Joonmyeon, Kyungsoo” my mom said and Kyungsoo looked at her with those big eyes of his and he had an unsure smile on his lips.

“Hello Mrs Jung” he said and bowed. My mom opened the door wider and let my brother and him inside.

Kyungsoo is the son of my mom’s best friend. He is a year older than me and we aren’t really that close. But to tell you a secret, I really like him. Even thou he is this incredibly derpy person, pulling of weird faces at times but he really is a sweet guy. 

I remember once when I was nine, we were playing at the playground not so far from my house. I fell over when I was running to the climb up the slide. I had scraped my knee and was bleeding. He came running and asked me if I was okay. He actually gave me a piggy back home and took care of me.

That is the nicest memory I have of him.

And the reason we aren’t so close is because we barely see each other as I live on the other side of town.

Now he was in our house with a bag slung across his shoulder.

“You can put your things in the guest room” my mom told him while my brother was busy ruffling my hair and teasing me. As Kyungsoo walked past me he said a small hi and I nodded in response. As I saw him walk into the guest room and my brother walk up the stairs to his room I glared at my mother.

“Mom, why him?” I whispered to her as she took her luggage and started walking out the door. I followed her outside to the car.

“He was the only one I could think of, and your brother didn’t want to be alone.” She said and I sighed.

“Mom I swear to god you will be the death of me” I grumbled and she glared at me.

“Sorry” I mumbled and lowered my head. Then she hugged me and kissed my cheek.

“I’ll be back on Sunday evening by the latest. Behave” she said and ruffled my hair. Then she looked behind me and I turned and saw Joonmyeon and Kyungsoo looking at us.

“There is food in the fridge and I bought you guys’ snacks and sodas.” She said and Kyungsoo nodded.

“I think we manage mom” I said and rolled my eyes.

“Okay, I’ll be back tomorrow” she said and gave me a last kiss on my forehead.

Then she got in the car and backed out of our driveway and drove away. I turned around and looked at the boys. We walked inside the house and I walked into the living room.

“You know Oppa; you don’t have to stay if you don’t want to. I can manage” I said and sat down on the couch. Joonmyeon looked over at me and chuckled.

“It’s fine. We don’t see each other so much more so why not stay” Joonmyeon said and sat down on the other side of the couch. I sighed and zapped through the channels on the TV and I stopped at a music channel.

“Well, I’m going to take a shower. You can enjoy yourself as you wish” I said and stood up before walking to my room. I grabbed clean clothes and walked to the bathroom.

I undressed and climbed into the shower, pulling the shower curtain in front of the shower and the shower. I stood there for a good while, singing out loud. I didn’t even notice that I was singing out loud before I heard someone chuckle. I froze and looked past the shower curtain at Kyungsoo who was sniggering at me. I grabbed the curtain tightly just as I saw him and I somehow slipped in the shower, pulling down the whole shower curtain set and falling onto my back on the wet and hard floor. I saw Kyungsoo’s panicked face when I fell.

An ear-piercing scream escaped my mouth as the shower curtain pole hit my head and I heard Joonmyeon’s running steps in the corridor.

~

I sat in the kitchen, an ice pack on my head where the pole had hit me and with an aching back and a sore .

“So tell me again what happened.” My brother said and looked at me. I sighed and glared at Kyungsoo.

“Well, I was showering, like I told you guys I was going to do, and then I started singing, like you know that I always do in the shower. Then I heard a chuckle, looked out from behind the curtain, found him sniggering at me, I slipped in the shower when I turned, I grabbed the curtain and the whole ing pole fell down with it and hit my head.” I explained and glared a little at Kyungsoo.

“But it wasn’t any song, but our song. You know, ‘what is love’” Kyungsoo said and looked at Joonmyeon who glared at him.  Kyungsoo raised his arms in defense and I sighed.

“I didn’t know she was going to be in there, I swear” Kyungsoo said and I looked at my brother.

“Okay, I let you off now, but if you ever try to peek at my sister, then I’m having your head off” he said and Kyungsoo nodded. I stood up and threw the icepack in the sink before walking out in the backyard. I sat down on the bench that had stood there since forever.

I looked up into the sky and leaned back at the backrest.

“I’m sorry” I heard a voice say and looked to my left to see Kyungsoo standing there. I nodded and patted the seat beside me.

“It’s okay. I guess you didn’t hear me when I told you that I was going to take a shower” I said and looked around the garden that my mum had rearranged during the last few months. I looked at the pond that was lightning up by the small lights at the bottom of it and it gave the water a beautiful green color.

“You know what Kyungsoo…? I actually have something that I want to talk to you about. I know that you guys are famous now and all… but I really like you. And by that I mean more than a friend.” I said and he looked up at me. I looked up at the sky.

“I have for a long while now. A few years actually” I confessed and then looked at him. “But I know that it means nothing for you, I’m just your friend’s dongsaeng and you’re famous, there are probably more girls out there and they are even prettier than me.”

Kyungsoo took my hands in his.

“Thank you. I thought I was the only one having feelings. I have felt the same way about you since a few years back, before I became a trainee and moved in with Joonmyeon in Seoul.” He said and I smiled.

“Really?”

“Really”

We smiled at each other and I cupped his cheek in my hand and kissed him. Those plump lips that I had longed for were gently pressing onto my lips for a short moment before pulling away again. I smiled and looked at him.

“Could you sing for me?” I asked and leaned my head on his shoulder and looked out into the garden.

“Sure, what song?” he answered and I smiled.

“Into Your World” I said and he started singing.

Taken by the soft wind to your world
You asked me brightly where I came from to your side
And I told you that It was a secret
Wherever we walk together
Will be paradise

I sighed and closed my eyes as I listened to his voice.

_____________

A/N: Okay, I've been saying that I'm going to do a Kyungsoo oneshot for a long time... I had the idea and then.. bom... no inspiration to continue. But I finished it today, finally and here it is! Hehehe, there are  3 more coming up in an hour or so... just because I get hung up when looking at pictures to choose from xD

Well, hope you guys liked it and don't forget to comment! PYONG~