Sehun - I'll Help You

EXO One-shots

I looked at Krystal as she hugged Kibum whom she had just confessed to and he had accepted her. I then looked over at another boy who was standing by the side, watching it all happen.

If you looked at him you would think that he was happy, but if you looked at his eyes, you could see that her smile on his lips was just a cover up. I could see how he once again was sad over the fact that a girl had used him to get to someone else.

I shook my head, that poor boy. I had seen how he often was used by girls in the school to get closer to other boys. He was a boy who knew many of the students in school so they would ask him for help to get a boy they were in love with.

What hurt me the most was that he never said anything, just did as they wanted and he always ended up hurt.  I shook my head as the boy turned and walked past me into the classroom.

Let me tell you a little bit this boy; his name is Oh Sehun. He is an ulzzang and I can’t deny it, he is good looking. He’s also a very nice guy and he cares about everybody else before himself. I’m pretty sure that if the school was on fire he would make sure everybody were out before he left the building. Anyways, we’ve been in the same class for some time now and apparently the exchange student, Yixing, lives with his family.

Anyways. Sehun is the boy that often gets friend zoned or used by the girls in our school. I have seen it happen but I would never do it myself, I can promise you that because… I like Sehun and no other guy in the school.

Sure Kris from class 3-2 is good looking but he is so scary. He’s so freaking tall that you’d feel like a midget beside him. The girls in the school swoon when they see him, I don’t understand why.

But back to today, I saw what happened and Sehun walked past me and into the classroom. I looked after him and sighed. I was way too scared to tell him that I liked him so I would never do that. I have talked to him a few times, I sit in front of him and he would occasionally ask to borrow an eraser or a pen. 

I walked back inside the classroom and sat down next to my friend Aeri. We ate together and talked about the last math homework teacher Lee had given us.

Our history class started and we listened as teacher Choi told us about a project we would be doing.

“You get to pair up together as you wish, but you have to be a girl and boy pair!” she said and I looked at Aeri and we sighed. I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned around.

“Jinae, do you want to work with me?” Sehun asked and I nodded.

“Sure” I said with a smile and he smiled back.

Aeri looked at me and nudged me when I turned back and I hit her arm lightly. We then listened to the teacher as she explained what we were going to do. We were supposed to write an essay about one historical event or person of our choice. Then she told us to pair up and I turned around and met Sehun’s smile.

“So what should we work about?” he asked and my heart fluttered at his cute voice. Like I’ve told you before, I think he’s cute and he has this lisp when he talks, but that makes him even cuter.

I shrugged a little.

“What do you like to study about?” I asked and we started discussing. We decided to do an essay about the Second World War and the consequences of it.  We also decided that we would meet up after school and go to his house and study.  We were dismissed from our class after one hour and Sehun and I packed our bags and left school with Yixing tagging along.

“Who are you working with Yixing?” I asked, wanting to ease the slight tension that was in the air.

“Uh… Sora” he said and I nodded. Yixing didn’t seem to talk so much but when he spoke he tried his best to speak Korean since it wasn’t his first language.

I stayed at Sehun’s house until 7 pm when I left the house. We had sketched out what how our working process would be and we started working a little. We decided that we would go to his place the next day too.

Two weeks passed like that. I and Sehun would be working on the project on the days we could after school and during the history class. We would go to his place and spend a few hours studying there before I went home. I got to learn that he was a nice guy who liked joking around. And he liked to dance, one day I had waited for him during his dance class and had seen him during their practice. He was a good dancer.

The day when the project was due to be finished came and we proudly gave our teacher our work and then we high fived each other while laughing. Other groups were stressing the last history class while the two of us were dismissed as we had left it in.

We walked down the corridor in the school and headed outside.

“Do you want to go have some bubble tea?” I asked and Sehun smiled.

“Sure” he said and we headed for the café that was located just around the corner. We stepped inside and ordered our bubble teas and sat down by a table by the window.

“So… It was nice working with you Sehun” I said and he sipped at his bubble tea.

“Yes, I enjoyed working with you” he said and I blushed a little while looking down in my tea before I sipped at it.

We sat in the café, small talking and enjoying our bubble tea until Sehun’s phone rang.

“Ah, neh, I’ll be right there” he said. Then he looked at me.

“I have to go, Yixing just finished and I have to walk him home. He’s hopeless at directions, last time he tried walking home he got lost” Sehun said and I nodded.

“It’s okay. But I’ll see you on Monday in school?” I said and he nodded.

“See you” he said and waved as he left the café. I sighed and stood up and left the café.

On Monday I walked into the classroom and sat down on my seat like usually.

I do admit that I was sad that the project was finished; I wanted to spend more time with Sehun. But I guess that this is reality. And I doubted that he would want to spend time with me.

I looked at the door as it opened and Aeri walked inside.

“It’s on again” she mumbled as she sat down and I knew exactly what she meant. With ‘It’s on again’ she meant that there was now a girl who was using Sehun to get close to someone.

“Who is it now?” I asked and she sighed.

“It’s Sora. I heard her talk with her friends about using Sehun to get to Kris, but I doubt that Kris will like her anyways.” Aeri said and I saw how Sehun opened the door but turned to look to his left and said hi to someone. The next second Sora was there.

I sighed.

Not again, please. Don’t do this to him.

I didn’t hear what they talked about but they spoke for some time before they came inside.

Apparently she had asked Sehun if he and his friends wanted to meet up after school and he had agreed. Yixing was also coming and so were Jongin and the boys from class 3-2. I shook my head when I heard Sehun tell Yixing about it. But I didn’t dare to tell him about Sora’s intensions, Once again I just let it happen.

The next day in school, Sehun had a blank look in his eyes and Sora seemed rather annoyed and would throw glares at him. I knitted my eyebrows together and Aeri told me what she had heard.

“Apparently Kris didn’t come and Sora got mad at Sehun for no reason.” She had mumbled to me during math class and I nodded while glancing back at Sehun. He seemed rather sad about the fact that he was blamed for something like that, I could understand why.

During lunch Aeri and I sat down outside in the warm weather, like many other students and we enjoyed our food when Sora and her friends sat down at the table behind us.

“It’s all Sehun’s fault” I heard Sora said and I glanced at Aeri.

“It’s his entire fault. If he could have told me yesterday that his friends would bring their girlfriends and that Kris wouldn’t come then we could have done something else. He’s just useless” she continued and I gritted my teeth and clenched my hand tight together.

“I mean, I thought that if I invited him then Kris would come to and then I could have him all for myself. But since Sehun didn’t bring Kris, he screwed it all up”

That was when I snapped. I stood up and walked to Sora’s table and hit my hands on the table.

“That’s enough Sora.” I said and she looked at me with a dumbfounded look.

“I’m sick and tired of everyone just using Sehun like some tool. And you, you have the nerve to trash talk about him when he did nothing wrong. I understand that you want to have Kris but it wasn’t Sehun’s fault that he didn’t come.”

People started gathering around and looking at us while I scolded to Sora. She had stood up and was facing me with that all too familiar smirk on her lips, just pulling me even more over the edge.

“Maybe Kris didn’t come yesterday because one; he couldn’t maybe he had something better to do. Or two; he just didn’t want to see you and be around you” I said and she scoffed.

“Maybe he didn’t have the time but I don’t think it would be because he wouldn’t want to. Who wouldn’t want to be with me?” she said and flipped her hair.

“I wouldn’t” I spat at her.

“And why do you care so much about Sehun anyways?” she asked and narrowed her eyes at me. “Do you have a crush on him or something? And I don’t think he needs your help, I think he would say no if he didn’t want to”

“I care about him because he’s my friend. And I care about my friends, unlike you” I said and before I could react she slapped me.

“You fake little rat” she spat at me and I glared at her.

“If there’s anyone here who’s fake, then it’s you” I said and I raised my hand to slap her. My hand connected with her face and she screamed as she suddenly pushed me down on the ground and I took her with me. We wrestled on the ground and she pulled my hair. I yelled and tried getting out of her grip and flipped us so that I was sitting on top of her. She still ha fistful of my hair in her hands and I screamed as I tried to get her hands of off me.

I felt someone pull me of Sora and I screamed when she pulled a few strands of hair when I was pulled of her and she smiled as she stood up, probably thinking that she got help and that she would now beat me, but I saw Jongdae take a hold of her. I looked up behind me and saw Kris holding onto my arms and I turned to Sora again. She was yelling curses at me and I gritted my teeth as I did the last thing I could to in that position. I spat at her.

And that was when the teachers arrived.

“What is going on here?” Mr. Lee, our gym teacher yelled out and he looked at us and the crowd around us. I looked at the crowd and saw Aeri look at me and I sighed. Then I looked around again and saw Sehun looking at me. I froze and looked away.

“Sora! Jinae! My office, now!” Mr. Lee yelled and I flinched a little. ”And the rest of you, get back to your classes.” The students scampered away and Mr. Lee took me and Sora to his office.

About an hour later, after some scolding from Mr. Lee that something like this couldn’t happen and wanted to know why we were fighting.  Sora tried to pull on some kind of lie that I was the one who started it, that I just punched her all of a sudden, but luckily Mr. Lee could see past her façade.

I was now sitting in the nurse’s office, holding an ice pack to my head as it hurt like hell from when I fell and from when Sora pulled at my hair. My face was still tear-streaked from the un-noticed crying I had done during the fight and the crying I was doing right now.

I heard the door to the room open and I looked over and saw Sehun look inside. I turned away as soon as soon as our eyes met and I dried my cheeks with the back of my hand. He walked inside and closed the door. I felt the bed I was sitting on dip beside me.

“Are you alright?” I heard Sehun ask and I nodded.

“Yeah” I croaked out and coughed once. We sat in silence.

“I’m sorry” I then heard Sehun say and I turned and looked at him.

“For what?” I asked and he looked down into his lap.

“For being such a coward. I never go against anyone and I always put everybody else before me.”

I sighed and took his hands in mine.

“Sehun.  I’ve seen how girls at this school use you and I am just so sick of it. I see how hurt you get but I never do anything about it. I’m the coward. I never dared to tell anyone.” I began and I felt tears once more brim my eyes.

“I wanted to talk to you mostly. To tell you to stop them from using you but I never did.”  I felt the tears fall and I sniffled silently and I felt how he let go of my hands. He put his arms around me and hugged me close. I clung onto his shirt and cried. He let go of me and looked at my face. He took my chin in his hand and tilted my head up so we were looking each other in the eyes.

“Thank you Jinae. Thank you for telling Sora what you told her and thank you for defending me. I now understand that I sometimes need to think about myself.” He said and smiled. Then he kissed my forehead and stood up. He was about to leave when I grabbed his arm.

“Wait… I want to talk to you about something more” I said and swallowed. He turned back and sat down next to me.

“I just… I wanted to tell you that I mainly told Sora those things that I think you deserve someone who likes you. And that I…I-I like you” I said and looked down at the floor. He was quiet but then I felt how he hugged me again.

“Good… because I like you to” he said and my eyes widened as I looked up at him.

“Really?” I asked and he nodded. I smiled and leaned down to me and kissed my lips. It was a short kiss but it was enough to have my cheeks heat up. Then he looked down at me and grabbed my hand.

“Come on, let’s go get bubble tea” he said and pulled me out of the office. He told me to hurry up and get my bags and I packed it before I came out into the corridor again.

“Sehun, I don’t know why she did that and how she lied about me using you but I just wanted to know if you’d like to come hang out with my friends again tonight?” Sora asked and I almost threw up.

“Actually no. Sora. I don’t want to ‘hang out’ you. And I’m going to spend the rest of my day with my girlfriend.” He said as I came back and he smiled towards me, making Sora turn around.

“And besides, Kris isn’t interested in you” he said and we turned around and left her with hanging open.

“Watch out so that flies don’t go flying in that big mouth of yours” I said right before we walked out and I heard her scream as I giggled.

__________

A/N: THE NEXT ONE... ugh... I have no idea where this came from... but anyways! MY LITTLE PRETHIOUTH THEHUN, AIGOO~

Okay xD but seriously, he and Luhan were my first favourites from EXO... and Sehunnie is such a little cutie pie!

Aren't they just adorable...

Okay, sorry for my mini HunHan spazz xD

But anyways, two more to go!

PYONG~