Xiumin - The Basketball Player

EXO One-shots

I sat in gym class, by the side, waiting for someone to come change places with me, but that rarely happened. I was never the best in basketball and the fact that I was shorter wasn’t so much of a help. I looked over at the players and my eyes got stuck on a boy who was dribbling the ball.

He had a round face and his skin was pale and he had short brown hair. He wasn’t really tall, not like Chanyeol, but at least taller than Joonmyeon. I watched him as he ran past Jongdae but the ball he was dribbling was snatched away from Kris, the exchange student.

The boy groaned and turned around and started chasing the tall Chinese man. I sighed when Kris jumped and scored.

“Lola! Let’s change!” Luna yelled out and came running towards me. I sighed and stood up and carefully walking onto the field. I glanced over at the clock, five minutes left, well I have to be satisfied with those minutes out on the field.

I looked as Kris and Jongin stood facing each other while Jongin dribbled. He passed ball to Meri, who passed it to the brow haired boy, I can tell you that his name is Minseok, and Minseok looked around the field and spotted me.

“Lola!” he yelled and threw the ball in my direction. I got it in my hands and looked around.

“Lola Move! I’ll back you up” Minseok said as he jogged past me and I nodded before carefully dribbling, trying to avoid people. I stopped by the goal at the other side, Minseok was covered by Jongdae and I looked around, the others were running towards me and I saw Kris running between people to get to me. I knew that he easily could take the ball away from me.

“Throw it in the goal!” I heard Minseok yell and I looked at him.

“Eh?!”

“Throw it!” he yelled once more and I looked up at the basket. It was so high up. I contemplated the thought of throwing it to Sulli but saw he being covered by Amber. I sighed and looked at the basket again.

“Throw it Lola!” I heard Minseok yell again and I raised my arms and threw the ball, closing my eyes. I heard the net make a sound and then the teacher cut of the game with his whistle and people screaming. I opened my eyes and I saw students from my gymclass stand panting. Jongdae and Minseok laughed together and Minseok was holding the basketball. 

Those who had been in my team seemed happy but I couldn’t understand, I probably screwed out chances for winning by throwing it to low.

“You made it Lola!” Luna and Sulli yelled as they hugged me.                                                                               

“Eh?”

“You made a goal Lola. Didn’t you see it?” Sulli asked and my eyes widened.

I had scored?! I didn’t miss?!

“I did?” I asked and they smiled while nodding, I smiled and hugged Luna and Sulli back.

We started walking to the changing rooms as someone tapped my shoulder and I turned around.

“That was a nice goal Lola. I knew you could make it” Minseok said and smiled at. My breath got caught in my throat as I nodded and smiled, thanking him a little before he ran over to Jongdae and they walked into the boys changing room.

I followed Luna and Sulli into the girls changing room and sat down, still thinking about the fact that Minseok had spoken to me. We’ve never spoken before, just an occasional hello.

And to tell you the truth, I have been crushing on him for three years but never had the courage to tell him. I did once give him a small present on his birthday; it was nothing special, just some cookies.

“What, get changed now. We have to hurry if we want to be on time to math class” Luna said and slapped my back lightly. I nodded and changed out of my gym clothes. We left the changing rooms together and almost ran into the classroom right before our teacher arrived.

I sat beside Luna and I would steal occasional glances at Minseok and he would at times meet my gaze but of course I would turn away that very second, it would be way to embarrassing to be caught staring at someone.

Class finally ended after one and an half hour and we packed our bags and left the classroom. Walking down the corridor, Luna and Sulli talked about the boys in other classes, like Kibum and Minho in class 3-1.

“Do you guys want to go watch the basketball team train?” Luna asked and looked at me and Sulli. Sulli nodded happily and they turned to me.

“I don’t know, I kind of have homework to do” I said, using my already done homework as an escape. Luna narrowed her eyes at me and then she smiled.

“You can accompany us and do it there!” Sulli said and Luna nodded.

“No, I don’t think-“

“You’re coming, you get to see more of Minseok too” Luna said and I sighed as the two girls dragged me out to the basket ball field at the back of the school. We sat a couple feet away from it under a tree, watching the team play. The team consisted mostly of juniors from other classes but from our class there was Kris, Jongdae and Minseok. Jongin used to be in the team but he was more into dancing now a days.

“Oh, look at Minho, he’s so handsome!” Luna said and clung onto Sulli.

“Sure, but I like Taemin better! He’s so cute but still so manly!” she said and I sighed.

I looked at Minseok as the team trained and I saw his eyes darting around the field. We sat there for an good hour, not noticing that I had my eyes glued to Minseok the whole time. The team finally had a break, or I thought so until they took their bags and said goodbye to each other.

Minseok, Kris and Jongdae started walking over the field and they spotted us.

“Hey! Luna!” Minseok yelled and Luna looked up.

“Oh! Minseok!” she yelled back and smiled. I sighed, of course he would notice Luna first, she was beautiful. I was an average girl with big dorky glasses and my hair always in the same bun at the top of my head.

We stood up and waited for them to get to us. Jongdae smiled at us and Kris looked at us with that usual stone face. He was rather scary actually just by how he would look down at me as he was almost two heads taller than me. I swallowed and looked up at him, scared of what he might do but then he smiled a little.

“Hi, I don’t think I’ve introduced myself fully to you yet.” He said in a accented Korean and he bowed, 90 degrees.

“Hello, I’m Kris” he said and looked and me. I bowed back.

“H-hello, I’m Lola” I said and managed a smile.

“Where are you guys heading?” Minseok asked us, looking at Luna and I felt a small wave of jealousy built up inside of me.

“Just about to go home actually, why?” she asked, flashing him a smile.

“Just wondering, we would just about to go to Jongdae’s place and then go out for a while. Would you guys want to join us?” he then asked and Luna looked at us.

“I think that would be fun” she said and Sulli nodded, once more they looked at me.

“I don’t know” I said and looked down at the pavement. “I have to do my homework.” I said again, blaming on the homework again.

“Lola I know that you already did your homework last night” Sulli whispered and I looked at her. She looked at me with pleading eyes and I sighed, “Fine” I said and Luna and Sulli smiled.

“Should we meet up at Hongdae in an hour?” Jongdae said and the others nodded.

“Well, see you later” Luna said and waved as we parted from the boys.

“See you later Lola” Minseok said and I looked at him.

“N-ne” I said and nodded while a small blush crept up on my cheeks. Then we girls walked home to ourselves, but Luna and Sulli were at my place.

“What are you guys doing here?” I asked as they walked into my bedroom.

“Choosing clothes for you” Sulli said and looked through my closet as I was still in my towel after the quick shower I had before they got here.

She and Luna rummaged through my clothes and finally pulled out an outfit and threw it at me.

“Put that on!” they said in unison and I sighed but still pulled on the clothes. I was now wearing a pair of black leggings and an oversized jumper that went mid-thigh and I sighed, looking in the mirror.

“Now sit down” Luna said and I sat down on a chair and se combed my hair and blow-dried my hair and it ran past my shoulders and it was rather wavy. I sighed and started pulling it up in a ponytail but Luna stopped me.

“Leave it out, you look prettier with it out” she said and then Sulli grabbed my glasses and took them of.

“Wait! I can’t see!” I protested, trying to take my glasses back.

“Wear your contacts instead” she said and handed me my small makeup bag where she knew I had my contacts that I didn’t wear so often. I sighed and opened the bag and carefully put them on, blinking a few times before adjusting to the feeling.

“Now you’re done, let’s go meet the boys!” Luna said and she dragged me out of my room but I managed to grab my phone before we walked down the stairs and pulled on our shoes and I took my bag and slipped my phone, keys and wallet into it before we left my house.

We took the bus to Hongdae and jumped of and saw the boys already waiting. Minseok was wearing a pair of grey skinny jeans and a black sweater. On top of his head was a baseball cap and covering his face was a pair of big glasses.

I was surprised, I didn’t know he wore glasses. He’d never wear them in school.

“Jongdae!” Luna yelled and he turned toward us and smiled. Minseok looked at Luna and smiled and that same jealous feeling built up inside of me.

“Wow, is that you Lola?” I heard Kris ask and I turned and looked at him.

“A-ah, n-nae” I stuttered.

“You look pretty” he said and I felt a blush creep up on my lips. I looked over at Minseok who was looking at me and he smiled.

“I agree with Kris” Minseok said and I smiled while the blush grew darker and I looked down at me feet.

“Let’s go eat!” Jongdae said and we nodded, looking for a good place to eat at. We finally decided on a barbeque place and we sat down, Luna made me sit in between Minseok and Sulli. We ordered our food and started grilling.

“I’m actually really good at this!” Minseok said as he turned the meat and we laughed a little. We joked around and ate.

“Yah, Minseok, make one for Lola!” Luna said and Minseok looked at her before he picked up a piece of lettuce and wrapped it around some meat and held it up.

I was about to take it when Luna yelled out, “Feed her it!”

“Mwoya?!” Minseok yelled and we both looked at Luna.

“Just do it okay?!” she said and I looked at Minseok, he shrugged but held it up and I carefully took it in my mouth and chewed it, I covered my face as my mouth was full of food. I finally chewed it out and sighed.

“Ah! Look! I never noticed how similar they look! We have the Baozi couple!” Jongdae yelled out and they looked at us and Minseok and I looked at each other.

Sure we both had rather round cheeks and we were both quite pale, I was perhaps a shade darker than him. 

“A-Aniyo!” Minseok said and hit Jongdae’s arm but before he turned away I saw how a little blush crept up on his cheek, or was I only imagining things?

“I’ll be right back” I said as I stood up and left for the restroom.

I came back a couple of minutes later, and when I arrived to the table they quieted down and looked at me.

“What?” I asked and looked at myself, searching for anything that would look weird.

“Nothing” Luna and Jongdae chimed and I sat down, eyeing them suspiciously.

“We already paid and we were just thinking about where to go” Sulli said and I nodded.

“I didn’t pay my share, who paid it?” I said, pulling my bag out and opened it.

“It’s okay” Minseok said, stopping my hand from taking my wallet and he gave me a soft smile. I nodded while the same blush crept up on my cheeks.

“Let’s go to the Han river!” Luna said and we agreed on it and left the place, walking through Hongdae and down to the river.

“Guys, I have to go.” Sulli said and looked at us.

“We too” Jongdae said and looked at Kris who nodded. Luna looked at Sulli.

“Then I better go to, I don’t want Sulli to go home alone” she said and I looked at her.

“Maybe I should-“ I began but was interrupted by Luna.

“No! You can stay with Minseok, he won’t mind it, wouldn’t you?” she said and looked at Minseok who shook his head.

“I don’t mind” he said, rather quickly and I eyed Luna suspiciously.

“O-okay” I said then and we said good bye to the others before we awkwardly started walking along the river side. We were walking in silence, Minseok his hands in his pockets and he looked around himself and I fiddled with my fingers, looking at the river.

We stopped and looked over at the water and looked at the bridge where the water was spraying out from it and it was colored in different colors. I sighed and rested my folded arms on the railing and leaned against it and I saw Minseok do the same.

“You really do look pretty with your hair out” Minseok suddenly said and I looked over at him to find him watching me. I looked down at the water again.

“T-Thanks” I said quietly. He took a piece of my hair and put it behind my ear and I could feel my cheeks heat up as I felt his touch on my skin. He had never touched me in anyway before.

“And you look prettier without the glasses” he said and I blushed even more

Prettier? So he already think’s I’m pretty?

“Prettier?” I asked.

“Yes, prettier, I mean… you were already pretty with the glasses but you’re even prettier without them” he mumbled and his cheeks heated up. I smiled a little.

“Y-You look really c-cute with glasses” I said and he smiled widely.

“Really?”

I nodded and he chuckled.

“I never wore them to school since I thought that I would look like a dork wearing them” he said and I looked at him.

“You calling people with glasses dorks?” I asked him, fake hurt in my voice. His eyes widened as he looked at me.

“No, no! I didn’t mean it that way, I just-“

“I know what you mean” I said and giggled a little. We stayed quiet for some time before he spoke up again.

“You know, I’ve always liked you Lola” he said and I felt my eyes widen and I turned to him but he looked down at the water.

“I just never did admit it and I didn’t think you would like someone like me” he said and I furrowed my brows.

“Why not?” I asked and he sighed.

“Because I’m not anything special. I’m not tall like Chanyeol or Kris, I’m short. I’m not handsome as Kyungsoo or Joonmyeon” he said and I shook my head.

“Pabo…” I mumbled and rested my head on his shoulder.

“I do like you. I don’t care if you aren’t tall as Kris or Chanyeol, they’re way too tall for me anyway, look at me, I’m even shorter than you. And you are handsome. Believe me” I said and I felt him stiffen and look down at me. I looked up at him and smiled.

“You… you like me?” he asked and I nodded. A smile came up on his lips. Then he put his arm around me and hugged me from the side. I smiled and snuggled carefully closer to him at that he hugged me even closer.

“Luna kind of helped me with this actually” Minseok mumbled and I chuckled.

“She told you?” I asked, actually a little bit scared and angry with her.

“Yeah…” he said and I shook my head.

“How didn’t I guess?” I said, I could by myself guess that it was her who had planned that all the others would leave and Minseok and I would be all alone.

“S-so… would you be my girlfriend?” he asked, stuttering and he seemed nervous. I looked at him and nodded and a wide smile spread on his lips. He took my face in his hands and kissed me. I stiffened for just a half of a second before I answered his kiss and put my arms around his neck and he placed his hands on my hips. I intertwined my fingers into his hair and pulled him closer to me as I wanted to feel more of him.

We finally parted when we were in desperate need of air and we just looked each other in the eyes while we rested our foreheads together. We smiled and then he hugged me closer to him in a hug and I hugged him back, leaning my head on his shoulder with my nose in the crook of his neck and I inhaled the scent of him that I didn’t know he had.

“I’ll take you home” he said and I nodded before we let go of each other and he took my hand and we walked home.

From that day onwards he wore glasses in school at times and we were called the Baozi couple by our friends and by people in our school we were called the cute glasses couple. Minseok would teach me how to play basketball after school but that would often end in a tickle fight or us just kissing each other.

_________

A/N: this was rather long actually O_O but I enjoyd writing it! :3

I liked it... but I don't know if you guys did but... yeah

The third one-shot for tonight will be up in a matter of minutes! :3

PYONG~